Negative Enhanced Traits (2e)

Discuss Lone Wolf's Hero Lab, the official licensed Mutants & Masterminds superhero creation and advancement tool.
Cinder
Hero
Hero

Negative Enhanced Traits (2e)

Postby Cinder » Thu Dec 08, 2011 5:15 pm

Has there been any progress on allowing negative traits cost less than 1 pp?

I really think that this should be changed if possible, but I wager that if it could be changed it would have been.

DarkMaster
Henchman
Henchman

Re: Negative Enhanced Traits (2e)

Postby DarkMaster » Thu Dec 15, 2011 8:49 pm

There's an optional rule in the configure hero section for that.

FuzzyBoots
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby FuzzyBoots » Thu Dec 15, 2011 9:03 pm

DarkMaster wrote:There's an optional rule in the configure hero section for that.

That allows you to set negative traits, but the rule is still being enforced that a power must cost at least 1 pp even in cases where there's nothing but drawbacks.

Cinder
Hero
Hero

Postby Cinder » Thu Dec 15, 2011 9:12 pm

The way I solved it is to link it to another power and put a custom drawback on it.

Not a great solution, but at least the numbers work out.

chaos018
Groupie
Groupie

Postby chaos018 » Tue Jul 03, 2012 9:22 am

@cinder

actually, that's a good question and the book never truly answered this question. you are saying that the power in question has more flaws per rank than pp cost, correct? as an example, say a forcefield with the flaw Lmited (physical). Do not know for sure what 3e Forcefield costs, but 2e has it as a 1 per rank. In this example, Forcefield would literally be free if it weren't for the 1pt rule, but as a GM for this, I rule that if you make it less than one point, you literally half the cost per rank. So this forcefield would give you 2 ranks for every one point bought. If you add the ablative flaw, making it "-1" pt per rank, the cost would be halved again, netting you 4 ranks for every one point spent. All this while still spending the points to have said power while still keeping in the spirit of paying for what you want or need in a PC. Again, not sure if this is entirely legal in other groups, but to me, this is a fair exchange for a power that has a lot of flaws and no extras. I'm pretty sure that this type of problem only happens on the cheapo powers, :). Me? when designing a minion I came across this with the Immunity power. Needed rank 2 for suffocation but only affecting others and only when they are physically touching.

Cinder
Hero
Hero

Postby Cinder » Tue Jul 10, 2012 5:06 pm

Chaos,

I was talking about the Hero Lab software allowing negative enhanced traits.

For example, you have a set of armor that is protection 5. (5pp)

When wearing it you are clumsy and loud, -4 to stealth. (-1 pp)

Some time these negative traits are all by their lonesome. Hero Lab allows them to go "below" one, but they always cost 1 minimum. Unless something has change in the last couple of months.

I have been trying to get a D and D campaign off the ground and have ignored MnM recently.

Return to “Hero Lab”