Find a new software devloper.

Discuss Lone Wolf's Hero Lab, the official licensed Mutants & Masterminds superhero creation and advancement tool.
roguescribner
Paragon
Paragon

Re: Find a new software devloper.

Postby roguescribner » Mon Sep 12, 2011 7:47 pm

I would just like to say that I think the good far outweighs the bad in HeroLab and I've upgraded my OS and added a new computer without any incident with my license. I'm sorry my experience isn't universal, but eventually everyone who uses software will run into a problem in some fashion.
GM - Age of Heroes Chapter 2
Sarvak - The Injustice Gang

Synger
Bystander
Bystander

Postby Synger » Sun Apr 22, 2012 3:07 am

Well I have upgraded over 3 OS (winXP, Vista, Win 7 pro) on a mac no less running boot camp with no issues! I am also running the beta native on my mac book pro. No issues at all!

I did have to reinstall a few times due to HDD crashes and upgrades, I have 2 lic of HL and really have had no problems! Guess I just know what I am doing! I am a systems admin, but that being said I dont LIKE working on pc's after work! So if I pay for a software solution I EXPECT it to work or I will return it!

IMHO HL has worked great for what it is and their customer support has been great. Please remember Rob and crew are a small company. they work hard to provide a good product and as a consumer if you dont like it ....dont use it.

And fyi they have a demo of the software on the site have your friends d/l and try it and let them make their own judgment.

Just my 2 cents...

Good luck,

Synger
I have faith! My character sheet says so!

Doleth
Hireling
Hireling

Postby Doleth » Sat May 12, 2012 9:12 am

krypt0nian wrote:You're using your one bad (and rare) experience to lie about it to your "friends"

It's pitiful.

I'm sorry, but how does that not qualify as a personnal attack? That message directly calls cobalt-blue pitiful and a liar then insinuate that he manipulate his friends for his personnal amusement or something along these line.

If you have a bad experience with something, it's normal to warn people against it when asked about it and these same people are free to look for different opinions and form their own. Let met put it this way, if you go to a dinner and find a cockroach in your food more than once, are you really going to recomend it to your friends if this dinner is popular and usually good?
Now making character build! Doleth's Gallery

krypt0nian
Sidekick
Sidekick

Postby krypt0nian » Sat May 12, 2012 10:50 am

Doleth wrote:
krypt0nian wrote:You're using your one bad (and rare) experience to lie about it to your "friends"

It's pitiful.

I'm sorry, but how does that not qualify as a personnal attack? That message directly calls cobalt-blue pitiful and a liar then insinuate that he manipulate his friends for his personnal amusement or something along these line.

If you have a bad experience with something, it's normal to warn people against it when asked about it and these same people are free to look for different opinions and form their own. Let met put it this way, if you go to a dinner and find a cockroach in your food more than once, are you really going to recomend it to your friends if this dinner is popular and usually good?

If that's what you took from this exchange, I have nothing to say to you that you would understand.
~ Rocketed from Krypton ~
@krypt0nian on Twitter
#MNM3e tag represent!

cobalt-blue
Superhero
Superhero

Postby cobalt-blue » Sat May 12, 2012 10:56 am

Actually, you're the one that doesn't understand. That was his point and mine.

krypt0nian
Sidekick
Sidekick

Postby krypt0nian » Sat May 12, 2012 11:07 am

cobalt-blue wrote:Actually, you're the one that doesn't understand. That was his point and mine.

Except again you misrepresented your experience to your friends and by doing so lied. But you already knew that. Which is why my calling you on it is not a personal attack and the only thing that passes as truth.

I still feel bad that they have you as a friend since honesty seems beyond you.
@krypt0nian on Twitter
#MNM3e tag represent!

krypt0nian
Sidekick
Sidekick

Postby krypt0nian » Sat May 12, 2012 11:09 am

krypt0nian wrote:Wow you're simply unreasonable. You'd rather deny a great resource from your friends than present the truth.

1) It is not a substandard product. You encountered a bug.

2) There are no personal attacks. Calling you out on lies is a fact. You are lying by omission. It's fine to tell your friends your impressions, but don't pretend it's something that should ward them away when it's a rare bug.

I wish I could contact your friends and let them know of your machinations.

Not retyping for someone who cannot read.
@krypt0nian on Twitter
#MNM3e tag represent!

Doleth
Hireling
Hireling

Postby Doleth » Sat May 12, 2012 11:53 am

Look, it's not a lie if his friend ask him for his opinion about Hero Lab and he tells them that he don't recommend it based on his experience. They ask for is opinion, not a full product review since he's a friend, not a professional reviewer. It's their job to check other source or use the demo to make their own idea, they're not mindless robots that need cobalt-blue to think for them. Saying that calling someone a pitiful liar that manipulate his friends because he does not have the same opinion as you is not a personnal attack because it's a fact does not actually make it a fact. I mean sure, if he just goes around saying "Hero Lab is a horrible, horrible product!!" to anyone who would listen without bothering to explain why if asked then yeah, you got a point. Given that he included his reason in the first post seems to indicate that this is not the case however.
Now making character build! Doleth's Gallery

Etherial Ghost
Henchman
Henchman

Postby Etherial Ghost » Fri Jun 08, 2012 1:15 pm

I had a similar occurrence happen to me, when I updated to Win7.

I contacted them, and had a response within 12 hours, and had the problem solved.

Maybe the fact that is being overlooked is that it was a 3 day holiday, and they weren't in the offices?
"The difficult we do immediately, The impossible takes a little longer!"

Paragon
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Paragon » Tue Jun 12, 2012 12:24 pm

Doleth wrote:Look, it's not a lie if his friend ask him for his opinion about Hero Lab and he tells them that he don't recommend it based on his experience. They ask for is opinion, not a full product review since he's a friend, not a professional reviewer. It's their job to check other source or use the demo to make their own idea, they're not mindless robots that need cobalt-blue to think for them. Saying that calling someone a pitiful liar that manipulate his friends because he does not have the same opinion as you is not a personnal attack because it's a fact does not actually make it a fact. I mean sure, if he just goes around saying "Hero Lab is a horrible, horrible product!!" to anyone who would listen without bothering to explain why if asked then yeah, you got a point. Given that he included his reason in the first post seems to indicate that this is not the case however.

His reason was, simply, not true: "any little change" doesn't do that, since I've done similar things without that effect. Even when transferring the program to a different machine. So what he's done is have a problem with the program, overgeneralized that's a problem for most users, and asserted it. If he's doing the same things with his friends he's simply telling them something he has no way of knowing is factually true, and in fact, outside his individual experience, has reason to believe isn't (since several people told him so).

So at best he's lying by omission.
And we by this sole token;
Know we once were gods;
Take shame in being broken;
No matter how great the odds.

cobalt-blue
Superhero
Superhero

Postby cobalt-blue » Tue Jun 12, 2012 12:36 pm

Paragon wrote:
Doleth wrote:Look, it's not a lie if his friend ask him for his opinion about Hero Lab and he tells them that he don't recommend it based on his experience. They ask for is opinion, not a full product review since he's a friend, not a professional reviewer. It's their job to check other source or use the demo to make their own idea, they're not mindless robots that need cobalt-blue to think for them. Saying that calling someone a pitiful liar that manipulate his friends because he does not have the same opinion as you is not a personnal attack because it's a fact does not actually make it a fact. I mean sure, if he just goes around saying "Hero Lab is a horrible, horrible product!!" to anyone who would listen without bothering to explain why if asked then yeah, you got a point. Given that he included his reason in the first post seems to indicate that this is not the case however.

His reason was, simply, not true: "any little change" doesn't do that, since I've done similar things without that effect. Even when transferring the program to a different machine. So what he's done is have a problem with the program, overgeneralized that's a problem for most users, and asserted it. If he's doing the same things with his friends he's simply telling them something he has no way of knowing is factually true, and in fact, outside his individual experience, has reason to believe isn't (since several people told him so).

So at best he's lying by omission.

NO, I am not lying, and don't appreciate being called a liar. You wanna nurse at the lap of the software developer, go ahead. But I was telling what my experience was. You gotta problem with that, it's just that, YOUR problem. But don't call me a liar.

Paragon
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Paragon » Tue Jun 12, 2012 7:00 pm

cobalt-blue wrote:NO, I am not lying, and don't appreciate being called a liar. You wanna nurse at the lap of the software developer, go ahead. But I was telling what my experience was. You gotta problem with that, it's just that, YOUR problem. But don't call me a liar.

I'll tell you you're lying if I think that's what you're doing. Since you apparently think no one can think you're wrong and tell you so without being on the paycheck in some way, I'm not going to be very bothered by the fact you don't like it.

Know we once were gods;

insaniac99
Firebrand
Firebrand

Postby insaniac99 » Tue Jun 12, 2012 7:55 pm

I know I'm not a moderator or anything but can't you two just agree to disagree, shake hands, and walk away from this topic? Failing that could one of you be the metaphorical bigger man and walk away to let this topic die? I don't like seeing this kinda of topic that is filled with negativity on my favorite board.

Paragon
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Paragon » Tue Jun 12, 2012 8:02 pm

Fair enough. I've expressed my opinion on the matter, and I'm done.

Know we once were gods;

Return to “Hero Lab”