HeroLab Bug Report - 1.4

Discuss Lone Wolf's Hero Lab, the official licensed Mutants & Masterminds superhero creation and advancement tool.
FuzzyBoots
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Re: HeroLab Bug Report - 1.4

Postby FuzzyBoots » Thu May 09, 2013 11:41 am

risner wrote:Hmm, ok.
Sense 1 (Low Light Vision) with a Check Required -11
Points total -10
Net effect is you have 160 points to use in a 150 build.

HL allows this, I don't know if it should allow this.

Ah. You're right. Worse, it lets you do that as a bare power without all of the Device/Array/Linked flim-flammery. I'm pretty sure that 3E was intended to keep the "all powers cost at least 1 pp" setup, so this is a bug.

DemonEtrigan
Bystander
Bystander

Postby DemonEtrigan » Wed May 29, 2013 12:46 pm

No Continuous Advantage??

trying to create a hero with a continuous create power but there is no advantage listed. Permanent is there to add onto Continuous but not the base advantage?

DemonEtrigan
Bystander
Bystander

Postby DemonEtrigan » Wed May 29, 2013 12:58 pm

Immunity seems to be implemented oddly as well.

same character as the create question above but I can't buy 5 ranks in immunity Cold, i have to buy it five times. It seems to show correctly on the sheet but not have the notes about 5 levels of immunity.

FuzzyBoots
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby FuzzyBoots » Wed May 29, 2013 1:08 pm

DemonEtrigan wrote:No Continuous Advantage??

trying to create a hero with a continuous create power but there is no advantage listed. Permanent is there to add onto Continuous but not the base advantage?

You don't have Increased Duration available?

DemonEtrigan wrote:Immunity seems to be implemented oddly as well.

same character as the create question above but I can't buy 5 ranks in immunity Cold, i have to buy it five times. It seems to show correctly on the sheet but not have the notes about 5 levels of immunity.

I believe you simply select the Power Option of Damage (common descriptor) or something similar.

I'm not next to my copy of the program, unfortunately, so I'm working from memory here. :)

DemonEtrigan
Bystander
Bystander

Postby DemonEtrigan » Wed May 29, 2013 1:27 pm

ahhh...any particular reason to call them something completely different to the rulebook!!!! :)

FuzzyBoots
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby FuzzyBoots » Wed May 29, 2013 1:48 pm

DemonEtrigan wrote:ahhh...any particular reason to call them something completely different to the rulebook!!!! :)

^_^ Depends on what you see as different... Increased Duration is in my 3E Heroes Handbook under the Extras section of the Powers chapter. The Immunities might be a matter of porting over the 2E terminology since 3E simply lists Immunity (Cold) under its 5 pp immunities. Hero Lab is trying to be helpful by breaking them out so that you don't have to count on your own.

Bombaatu
Paragon
Paragon

Postby Bombaatu » Fri Jun 21, 2013 7:26 pm

The minimum cost of *any* power is 1pp. Flaws may end up giving you more than 1 rank per power point, but 1pp is the minimum expenditure to get a power.

Hero's Handbook pg 135 wrote:If total flaws reduce an effect’s cost per rank to less than 1 power point, each additional –1 to cost per rank beyond that adds to the number of ranks of the effect you get by spending 1 power point on a 1-to-1 basis.

Aerlock
Heavyweight
Heavyweight

Postby Aerlock » Thu Oct 31, 2013 9:15 am

Bombaatu wrote:Elongation is not figuring into the Grab checks.

FuzzyBoots wrote:I'm not an employee, but I do what bug fixes I can and submit them off to Colen.

FuzzyBoots, you wouldn't happen to have a fix for the Elongation bug that Bombaatu reported would you? I'm currently trying to build a Grab-based character using Elongation and its playing havoc with my numbers as I keep forgetting to add it manually and go back over and rework powers to get the DC higher.

Thanks in advance,
- Aerlock
awww...I don't have a signature :(
But I do have character(s)!

Aerlock
Heavyweight
Heavyweight

Postby Aerlock » Thu Nov 07, 2013 2:53 pm

Aerlock wrote:FuzzyBoots, you wouldn't happen to have a fix for the Elongation bug that Bombaatu reported would you? I'm currently trying to build a Grab-based character using Elongation and its playing havoc with my numbers as I keep forgetting to add it manually and go back over and rework powers to get the DC higher.

Thanks in advance,
- Aerlock

After beating my head against this for a couple of days I found what I was looking for. Just tack this line onto the Eval Scripts for your custom version of Elongation.

Code: Select all

hero.child[wpGrab].field[atkDC].value = hero.child[wpGrab].field[atkDC].value + field[pwRanks].value

Hopefully that's correct as I have never done any HeroLab editing before.

- Aerlock
awww...I don't have a signature :(
But I do have character(s)!

Return to “Hero Lab”