HeroLab Bug Report - 1.4

Discuss Lone Wolf's Hero Lab, the official licensed Mutants & Masterminds superhero creation and advancement tool.
CelticREI
Luminary
Luminary

Re: HeroLab Bug Report - 1.4

Postby CelticREI » Tue Jul 19, 2011 1:29 pm

FuzzyBoots wrote::) Instant -> Concentration -> Sustained -> Continuous with Permanent being a +0 modification to Sustained, I think it is. So moving from Instant to Permanent is a +2 to move it up two steps from Instant to Sustained and then a +0 to make it Permanent. From Continuous, it's a -1 move.

There we go, Fuzzy got it right. I was half asleep when I posted mine lol
*Owl throws down a smoke pellet to cover escape*
*FLUME OF SLEEP GAS*
*THUD*
Owl: "zzzzzzzzzZZZZZzzz"
Batman: *facepalm*

GM - The Organization On Hold
Celt's Builds, and characters for other games

Bombaatu
Paragon
Paragon

Postby Bombaatu » Tue Jul 26, 2011 8:02 am

Elongation is not figuring into the Grab checks.

Nabla
Bystander
Bystander

Postby Nabla » Tue Jul 26, 2011 9:13 am

Improvised tools is a skill advantage and it figures as a combat one.

Nabla
Bystander
Bystander

Postby Nabla » Fri Aug 05, 2011 6:40 am

There is a problem with the easily removable flaw. The calculation is wrong.

cassius335
Champion
Champion

Postby cassius335 » Fri Aug 05, 2011 6:59 am

Nabla wrote:There is a problem with the easily removable flaw. The calculation is wrong.

Can you be more specific?

Nabla
Bystander
Bystander

Postby Nabla » Fri Aug 05, 2011 8:47 am

Sorry, the program is correct, but the mechanics do not make sense. A 2 ranks Damage power with easily removable costs 2 points. A 3 ranks Damage power with easily removable costs 1 point.

FuzzyBoots
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby FuzzyBoots » Fri Aug 05, 2011 9:55 am

Nabla wrote:Sorry, the program is correct, but the mechanics do not make sense. A 2 ranks Damage power with easily removable costs 2 points. A 3 ranks Damage power with easily removable costs 1 point.

Agreed. The pre-errata DCA book doesn't cover power point allocations that aren't multiples of 5. Does the 3E M&M handbook? Personally, I think that Easily removable should save you 2/5 pp per pp spent, rounded at the 0.5 mark.

1 pp R (0.2 savings) - 0 pp savings
2 pp R (0.4 savings) - 0 pp savings
3 pp R (0.6 savings) - 1 pp savings
4 pp R (0.8 savings) - 1 pp savings
5 pp R (1.0 savings) - 1 pp savings

1 pp ER (0.4 savings) - 0 pp savings
2 pp ER (0.8 savings) - 1 pp savings
3 pp ER (1.2 savings) - 1 pp savings
4 pp ER (1.6 savings) - 2 pp savings
5 pp ER (2.0 savings) - 2 pp savings

cassius335
Champion
Champion

Postby cassius335 » Sun Aug 14, 2011 12:03 pm

Custom Descriptors are showing up in the Special tab as "- Custom Descriptor -". Is it supposed to be doing that?

lowew79
Bystander
Bystander

Postby lowew79 » Thu Apr 25, 2013 6:03 pm

Necro thread I know, but they STILL haven't fixed the max 2 ranks in area perception thing...

FuzzyBoots
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby FuzzyBoots » Thu Apr 25, 2013 7:50 pm

lowew79 wrote:Necro thread I know, but they STILL haven't fixed the max 2 ranks in area perception thing...

Indeed. It's a pretty easy fix via the editor. Making it so that it automatically bumps it up to 2 ranks when applied to a Sense Dependent power that doesn't have the actual Extra (like Dazzle) would probably not be that difficult. As it is, Flaw (Sense Dependent) flags an error if the power it's on is Sensory already (which, sadly, Dazzle is not), so you could probably just base the Area (Perception) off of the "parent.tagis[pwType.Sensory]" code from Flaw (Sense Dependent) to bump up the cost in those cases.

Actually, looking at the code, Area (Perception) raises an error if applied on a power that already has Sense Dependent... either we change that to bumping the rank up (and either specifically catch Dazzle or modify Dazzle to have the right tag and then check for said tag) or we constrain it to 2 and trust people to bump it up when they need to.

risner
Bystander
Bystander

Postby risner » Wed May 08, 2013 1:27 pm

Do they have a link now to directly submit bugs to them like for Pathfinder?

I've noticed some bugs:
1) Devices inside Devices don't pass cost up to top Device.
For example make a new PC, add a Device power, then add a Device power inside the Device. Put 100 ranks of Strength. Notice the PC is still at 0/150 spent.

2) Device with Linked arrays allow costs to be shifted between linked items.
Make a Device then make a Linked array inside. Make one a 1 cost thing with a Flaw that reduces the cost of the linked ability to 0 or less (for example -10) then make another with a cost of 10. Notice the Device cost will be 0 (10 - 10 = 0)

3) You can add Noticeable flaws to things that are not valid for Noticeable.

Risner

FuzzyBoots
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby FuzzyBoots » Wed May 08, 2013 1:38 pm

I'm not an employee, but I do what bug fixes I can and submit them off to Colen.

1) Ah. The nested Container bug is striking again. This also happens inside Alternate Forms. The short answer for Devices is that there is no situation where you should have a Device inside of a Device (you already have the point break the first time). The game should probably forbid that. Unfortunately, there's no way to do that in the editor that I know of. And, of course, this will still happen in Alternate Form, which is a more reasonable place to nest items.
2) Could you explain what you mean by a "Linked Array"?
3) That might be something I can fix by forbidding Noticeable on items of non-Permanent nature. I think I did something like that for 2E.

risner
Bystander
Bystander

Postby risner » Wed May 08, 2013 2:12 pm

FuzzyBoots wrote:I'm not an employee, but I do what bug fixes I can and submit them off to Colen.

If you make a Device and then add a power to the device Linked Effects, then make one effect's total cost -10 and another total cost 10, then they will add together to make 0 and the device will cost 0.

I guess the real question is:
Is this allowed? Or is it forbidden?
Because if allowed then HL is doing what it is supposed to do.

FuzzyBoots
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby FuzzyBoots » Wed May 08, 2013 2:35 pm

risner wrote:
FuzzyBoots wrote:I'm not an employee, but I do what bug fixes I can and submit them off to Colen.

If you make a Device and then add a power to the device Linked Effects, then make one effect's total cost -10 and another total cost 10, then they will add together to make 0 and the device will cost 0.

I guess the real question is:
Is this allowed? Or is it forbidden?
Because if allowed then HL is doing what it is supposed to do.

Perhaps it would help if you explained how the one power got to negative points. As was commented earlier on the other thread you posted, it generally takes some doing to manage it.

Nominally, I'd say that it's a non-issue. The classic case of a "negative points power" is using Enhanced Traits with negative values linked with Enhanced Traits with positive values to reduce one attribute so as to boost another. It's a bit of a silly example since Enhanced Trait takes in multiple traits at once, so you could do it all in one place, but it's a valid case.

risner
Bystander
Bystander

Postby risner » Wed May 08, 2013 7:43 pm

FuzzyBoots wrote:Perhaps it would help if you explained how the one power got to negative points. .

Hmm, ok.
Sense 1 (Low Light Vision) with a Check Required -11
Points total -10
Net effect is you have 160 points to use in a 150 build.

HL allows this, I don't know if it should allow this.

Return to “Hero Lab”