Changing Duration of Permanent Powers

Discuss Lone Wolf's Hero Lab, the official licensed Mutants & Masterminds superhero creation and advancement tool.
badpenny
Overlord
Overlord

Changing Duration of Permanent Powers

Postby badpenny » Sat Mar 13, 2010 8:47 am

I would like Hero Lab to allow me to change a Permanent power's Duration to Sustained and it should reflect that it's a +0 change.

I need to do this for powers within Alternate Form (such as Immunity) as well as creating the Bracing Power Feat for Super-Strength, i.e. changing Immovable from Permanent to Sustained Duration.

Thanks.

roguescribner
Paragon
Paragon

Re: Changing Duration of Permanent Powers

Postby roguescribner » Sat Mar 13, 2010 11:24 am

Bracing exists as a power feat for Super-Strength in Hero Lab already. Why do you need to create it?

Also, I'm not sure I understand the desire to have a sustained immunity. If you're stunned or knocked unconscious you won't be immune anymore. Having immunity in an alternate form shouldn't affect its duration. If you're planning to put it into an array, Ultimate Power does not forbid permanent powers in arrays.
GM - Age of Heroes Chapter 2
Sarvak - The Injustice Gang

badpenny
Overlord
Overlord

Postby badpenny » Sat Mar 13, 2010 5:09 pm

I think the problem is that I only have the core rules and not the UP rules for Hero Lab.

Bracing doesn't exist as a choice for me since it's from UP.

As to Sustained Immunity, you could have a Force Field that also gives you Immunity (Suffocation) and only so long as it's up. Yep, if you're stunned, it drops too.

Woodclaw
Luminary
Luminary

Postby Woodclaw » Sun Mar 14, 2010 3:09 am

Currently the only way to make a permanent power sustained is to buy first the Duration extra, then the Duration flaw. The result is a neat +0 modifier and the basic duration changed to Sustained.
"Yes, it's a bloody flying alligator setting fire to my city!"

Sam Vimes (Guards! Guards!)

From a dark corner of my mind (my build's thread)
From another dark corner of my mind (my Deviantart page)

badpenny
Overlord
Overlord

Postby badpenny » Tue Mar 16, 2010 6:55 am

Hero Lab still complains saying that the Power Flaw may not be taken for the [permanent] power when I try to select it as an Alternate Power.

I can do it, it's just that there's a Validation Error. No biggie; I'll just continue to ignore it. It's clearly because I don't have the UP module.

But thanks anyway.

Penny

Colen
Daredevil
Daredevil

Postby Colen » Fri Mar 19, 2010 2:15 pm

You can change a power's duration from Permanent to Sustained by adding "Flaw: Duration" (to make it a Concentration-duration power) and then "Extra: Duration" (to make it Sustained), for a net cost of +0.
Try Hero Lab for free! http://www.wolflair.com/hero_lab/

Return to “Hero Lab”