Spiders

Discuss Lone Wolf's Hero Lab, the official licensed Mutants & Masterminds superhero creation and advancement tool.
DarkMaster
Henchman
Henchman

Spiders

Postby DarkMaster » Sun Jan 10, 2010 10:33 am

I'm stating giant spiders for a pet campaign I'm running. The spiders are pretty straight forward they're basically regular spiders with Growth 4 (Permanent; Innate). But I'm having trouble figuring out what to do with Additional limbs I've gotten as far as retooling a copy to add one additional limb per rank instead of going off the time and value progression table. Now my problem is more philosophical; my question is how many of the spider's limbs should I count as extra?

FuzzyBoots
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Re: Spiders

Postby FuzzyBoots » Mon Jan 11, 2010 6:59 am

DarkMaster wrote:I'm stating giant spiders for a pet campaign I'm running. The spiders are pretty straight forward they're basically regular spiders with Growth 4 (Permanent; Innate). But I'm having trouble figuring out what to do with Additional limbs I've gotten as far as retooling a copy to add one additional limb per rank instead of going off the time and value progression table. Now my problem is more philosophical; my question is how many of the spider's limbs should I count as extra?

This is less of a Hero Lab thing and more of a general question IMO, but the question is answerable in two forms. First, in terms of flavor, people automatically start with 4 limbs, so you only really need 4 more to cover the entirety of the spider's limbs (6 if you count the pedipalps, I guess). That would be Rank 3 (you essentially ignore the "extra" limb"). Mechanically, you basically add ranks of additional limbs until you get the additional bonuses you want.

Here, I'd suggest just getting the three ranks and calling it a day.

Return to “Hero Lab”