error in Power Attack output

Discuss Lone Wolf's Hero Lab, the official licensed Mutants & Masterminds superhero creation and advancement tool.
Unbeliever
Firebrand
Firebrand

error in Power Attack output

Postby Unbeliever » Wed Dec 23, 2009 1:12 pm

Small glitch in HeroLab (which I've fallen in love, btw). While the little question mark in the program for Power Attack has a really good description, when you output it to a character sheet it says:

"Reduce the attack bonus of an attack by -5 and add that amount to the Save DC of the attack."

It should say:

"Reduce the attack bonus of an attack by up to-5 and add that amount to the Save DC of the attack."

I don't mean to be bitchy or anything, I figure this sort of auditing is, I hope, helpful to the guys at Lone Wolf.

Colen
Daredevil
Daredevil

Re: error in Power Attack output

Postby Colen » Mon Dec 28, 2009 12:21 pm

Thanks for the note, I'll get this fix into the next update. :)
Try Hero Lab for free! http://www.wolflair.com/hero_lab/

Unbeliever
Firebrand
Firebrand

Postby Unbeliever » Wed Dec 30, 2009 10:58 am

Glad to help. HL has to deal w/ thousands of little entries, I don't envy you guys.

Is there an easy option for editing feat descriptions in the program? That was my first plan to deal w/ the Power Attack issue but I couldn't figure it out, and I didn't want to have to go all the way to "only user power notes," which probably wouldn't matter b/c we're talking about feats anyway.

What I'm thinking of is there are some feats, like Tough, where the HL description is really long. I think more is better than less, but it would be nice if I could go in there and just edit feats like that to use shortened descriptions. That may be something I'd have to do in the authoring package or something, which I don't want to mess w/, but I thought I'd throw it out there.

Also, is there a general errata/update thread here on ATT? B/c I noticed another "error." When you add the progression (increase area) to an area effect power HL does not pick that up and add it into the radius.

E.g.:
Dazzle 10 (burst area), Progression (increased area) 2 -- should have a radius of 250 feet (5 x ranks feet, x5 more for progression), but instead only has 50 feet in HL.

FuzzyBoots
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby FuzzyBoots » Wed Dec 30, 2009 12:21 pm

Tools / Launch Editor
Everything but the UP powers, you can do a New (Copy) on the item and change it around. The only catch is that both versions will exist, but if you name the other one something slightly different, it will still work.

Paragon
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Paragon » Wed Dec 30, 2009 2:12 pm

FuzzyBoots wrote:Tools / Launch Editor
Everything but the UP powers, you can do a New (Copy) on the item and change it around. The only catch is that both versions will exist, but if you name the other one something slightly different, it will still work.

There's also a way to make the second one disappear from the access, but its been so long since Colen told me about it, I've forgotten how to do it.
And we by this sole token;
Know we once were gods;
Take shame in being broken;
No matter how great the odds.

Unbeliever
Firebrand
Firebrand

Postby Unbeliever » Wed Dec 30, 2009 9:15 pm

Paragon wrote:

There's also a way to make the second one disappear from the access, but its been so long since Colen told me about it, I've forgotten how to do it.

Oh thanks, that's crazy useful!

Paragon
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Paragon » Thu Dec 31, 2009 12:49 pm

Unbeliever wrote:
Paragon wrote:

Oh thanks, that's crazy useful!

Note it doesn't make the prior one truly go away though; its always treated as the "true" version by the program, so its what gets updated if anything changes in a version change. Colen considered that a virtue, since otherwise your version would get overwritten every time there's an update.
And we by this sole token;

Know we once were gods;

Take shame in being broken;

No matter how great the odds.

Colen
Daredevil
Daredevil

Postby Colen » Tue Jan 05, 2010 10:40 am

You can actually make it override the original, by typing the unique id of the original in the "Replaces Thing Id" box. So if you really do want the original to go away, just have the new one "replace" the old one.
Try Hero Lab for free! http://www.wolflair.com/hero_lab/

Return to “Hero Lab”