Problem loading herolab

Discuss Lone Wolf's Hero Lab, the official licensed Mutants & Masterminds superhero creation and advancement tool.
wyldspirit
Groupie
Groupie

Problem loading herolab

Postby wyldspirit » Fri Nov 20, 2009 11:18 pm

I was wondering if anybody has had this problem: I just purchased Hero Lab and the add ons but my copy keeps coming up as demo only. I tried loading it several times but it just keeps running me through the entire install process and ending with a demo copy. Any help out there?

wyldspirit
Groupie
Groupie

Re: Problem loading herolab

Postby wyldspirit » Sat Nov 21, 2009 3:52 am

Yay! I fixed the problem. In case anyone else has a situation like this, I just reinstalled the license. Not sure why it didn't work the first time.

mr_dud
Bystander
Bystander

Postby mr_dud » Sat Jan 16, 2010 3:15 pm

That's better than I got. When I installed it it only let me use the D20 rule system and then it refused to activate after about 20 attempts and 4 uninstalls and removing the thing from my registry. It currently resides in my trash can and I'm out 30 bucks!

roguescribner
Paragon
Paragon

Postby roguescribner » Sat Jan 16, 2010 7:24 pm

mr_dud wrote:That's better than I got. When I installed it it only let me use the D20 rule system and then it refused to activate after about 20 attempts and 4 uninstalls and removing the thing from my registry. It currently resides in my trash can and I'm out 30 bucks!

When you purchased the program, did you choose D20 as your default game package? The others have to be acquired and paid for separately. It's not an all-inclusive package.

I've found customer support to be good (if sometimes a little slow, but they are a small company). Have you tried contacting them? I'm sure this issue can be resolved.
GM - Age of Heroes Chapter 2
Sarvak - The Injustice Gang

Spence
Henchman
Henchman

Postby Spence » Sun Jan 17, 2010 12:52 pm

roguescribner wrote:
mr_dud wrote:That's better than I got. When I installed it it only let me use the D20 rule system and then it refused to activate after about 20 attempts and 4 uninstalls and removing the thing from my registry. It currently resides in my trash can and I'm out 30 bucks!

When you purchased the program, did you choose D20 as your default game package? The others have to be acquired and paid for separately. It's not an all-inclusive package.

I've found customer support to be good (if sometimes a little slow, but they are a small company). Have you tried contacting them? I'm sure this issue can be resolved.

From LW's site:
Your initial Hero Lab license purchase is $29.99. This includes access to the core material for one game system of your choice, which you will select when you first activate the license.

I didn't have a real problem with mine. Just a self induced one. My copy was via download and I purchased more than one add-on ( I wanted Savage Worlds as well as Mutants and Masterminds), initially I had a problem with the Savage Worlds license. Sent an email that same night and the next day when I got back from work they had replied with the fix. Essentially it helps if you actually follow the instructions when you load the program :shock:

Of course they were very polite about it even though I felt like a D#%^-A$$ :mrgreen:

Colen
Daredevil
Daredevil

Postby Colen » Mon Jan 18, 2010 8:13 pm

Please email our technical support at support@wolflair.com if you're having difficulties with installing Hero Lab. They should be able to fix your issue, and they won't even complain about you on an internet forum while they do it.
Try Hero Lab for free! http://www.wolflair.com/hero_lab/

Return to “Hero Lab”