Adjustment tab and skills

Discuss Lone Wolf's Hero Lab, the official licensed Mutants & Masterminds superhero creation and advancement tool.
roguescribner
Paragon
Paragon

Adjustment tab and skills

Postby roguescribner » Sat Sep 05, 2009 1:33 pm

I don't know if this is something that would interfere with any legalities (in game rules terms), but I ran a game last night where my heroes went through a lot of skill training and I wanted to reflect that in permanent skill bonuses. I know you can add bonuses in the adjustment tab, but apparently if the player didn't buy ranks in certain untrained skills, the bonuses won't apply. Is there a way around that? I could issue a power point for them to just buy it, but it's an odd number of skills so that doesn't quite cover the problem. Is there a way that if a bonus is applied on the adjustment tab, it can override the "has to be a trained skill" requirement? Maybe a check box that can be added to the tab to designate whether the skill is now a trained one?

This problem is easy enough to rectify on paper, but my entire group uses Hero Lab (!) so it'd be useful if we could make such an adjustment there as well.

Thank you!

P.S. I also posted this on the Lone Wolf forums, but I figured someone here might know of a work around.
GM - Age of Heroes Chapter 2
Sarvak - The Injustice Gang

Colen
Daredevil
Daredevil

Re: Adjustment tab and skills

Postby Colen » Wed Sep 23, 2009 3:45 pm

This should be fixed in a future release. :)
Try Hero Lab for free! http://www.wolflair.com/hero_lab/

roguescribner
Paragon
Paragon

Postby roguescribner » Wed Sep 23, 2009 10:10 pm

Wow. Thanks! :D

roguescribner
Paragon
Paragon

Postby roguescribner » Fri Jan 15, 2010 7:02 am

I stumbled upon another bit of weirdness in relation to skills.

If you choose the Attack extra for Morph, but not the Attack (+self) extra, it'll still show the Morph disguise bonus in the skills tab. Since this bonus would only apply to the targets the hero morphed and not himself, I don't think that bonus should be listed. Right?

So I guess any skill bonuses derived from a power that permits the Attack only extra should account for the possibility that the hero may not have access to the bonus himself (unless he chose the Attack (+self) extra).

Colen
Daredevil
Daredevil

Postby Colen » Mon Jan 18, 2010 8:08 pm

That's an interesting point. I'll see if I can get that changed in future - thanks for the note :)
Try Hero Lab for free! http://www.wolflair.com/hero_lab/

Return to “Hero Lab”