Mutants & Masterminds
HQ    ABOUT M&M    SUPER-VISION    GIMMICK'S GADGETS    M&M SUPERLINK    ATOMIC THINK TANK    M&M SHOP
Saving the world, one d20 roll at a time

Device that adds mods to a power (3e)

Discuss Lone Wolf's Hero Lab, the official licensed Mutants & Masterminds superhero creation and advancement tool.

Device that adds mods to a power (3e)

Postby Witchslasher » Sun Sep 09, 2012 9:02 am

How is this added in? Basically a character has a vision based damage attack and wears a set of special goggles that allow him to better control of the blast (adding in Accurate and Precise Extras), how would I make this work in Hero Lab?
Witchslasher
Hireling
Hireling

Re: Device that adds mods to a power (3e)

Postby JDRook » Tue Sep 11, 2012 6:29 am

I don't think there's a direct way to do it, by which I mean it wouldn't also show the Blast in the Specials tab with the Extras if you checkbox the goggles. Workarounds would be using Device and adding flat Custom or Features at an equivalent cost to the Extras you wish to add, or using Strength Effect as an Extra holder. In either case you could also add the Stacks With +0 Extra to show it's related to the Blast, but again, all this does is get the math right for you.

EDIT - Actually Stacks With isn't that useful unless you're stacking the same effect, but everything else still stands.
Sorry, I can't hear your argument for realism over the sound of my eye beams. :P

My original characters thread (2e)
My League of Legends conversion thread (3e)
My Rules Musings in 3e
JDRook
Superhero
Superhero

Return to Hero Lab