The Labyrinth School for Metas (OOC)

This forum is the place for Mutants & Masterminds Play-By-Post games. Please read the M&M Game Room rules before starting or joining a game. Enjoy!
jemal
Hero
Hero

Re: The Labyrinth School for Metas (OOC)

Postby jemal » Fri Nov 15, 2013 4:30 am

Fixed and finished character in previous post. Any problems?

Crazyivan777
Zealot
Zealot

Postby Crazyivan777 » Sat Nov 16, 2013 10:25 pm

I'm uneasy about the no-save level of the pheromones. Essentially with that power, you can end any fight. Raging atomic brain? *touch* he's now your friend. I understand what you're trying to do with that, and conceptually I don't have too big a problem with the 'friend-touch', but at the same time, I'm real wary about a 'no save' power that can do that, especially with a +10 attack roll.

In other news, Alice, you still with us?

jemal
Hero
Hero

Postby jemal » Sun Nov 17, 2013 3:22 am

Well, first off: The touch does not have a +10 attack, if I were to attempt to use it offensively, it would have a +0 attack bonus.
I think you got a bit confused with the 'Incoming' attack, which is a +10 ranged attack. In fact, Jace has no combat skill/training whatsoever, his ranged and melee attacks are both +0, and the only reason his 'incoming' attack is +10 is b/c it's got AccurateX5 to illustrate the fact that it's hard to dodge something coming at you rapidly from behind.

Second: Keep in mind that his 'pheremones' (Which are mental based, not olfactory, btw) apply BOTH ways. Jace isn't exactly a slave-driver, he is affected towards the other person too. So if, for example, he grabbed Brain during a fight - yeah, Brain would now be Friendly towards him... but Jace would also feel Friendly towards Brain.

Third:
The 'no save' still actually uses a save, it's just that if they succeed, it's still a minimum of 'friendly'. Anything more than friendly still requires failing the save by at least 5 points(helpful) or 10 pts(Fanatic)
Friendly according to the book is: 'Wishes you well, may chat, advise, offer limited help, or advocate for you.'
Fourth:
Friendly doesn't mean they'll stop being badguys. If Brain's goal is to take over the school, He's not going to sit down and quietly surrender just b/c one of the guys opposing him is his friend. Especially when that friend views Brain the same way Brain views him. He would likely have as much luck trying to get Jace to join his side as Jace would have swaying him - unless he actually FAILED the save and got more than a 'friendly' degree.

Great example of Friendly Enemies: Magneto and Xavier. Magneto doesn't surrender everytime Xavier shows up, even though he views him as a Friend. He's not going to let his lackies hurt his friend, but he's not going to let Xavier get in his way too much. He might slightly alter his plans to protect his friend, but that protection does not apply to his friends allies, nor would it significantly alter his plans, if he thinks they're more important than his friendship.
Friendship only goes so far when the world is at stake.

Finally: Jace knows and understands better than anyone else the consequences of touching, and as a result, he simply would not use it offensively except in the most DIRE of circumstances. He doesn't want to feel friendly towards the evil super-boss.
Jace literally keeps people at arms length until he's decided they're worth feeling for.
Oh sure, he likes using his 'attraction' to make people like him, and he's strong-willed enough that he can usually resist it much better than those around him, meaning people will generally like him more than he likes them, but he knows that once someone touches him, the attraction will be irresistible, and that's not something he's eager for.

Crazyivan777
Zealot
Zealot

Postby Crazyivan777 » Sun Nov 17, 2013 10:04 am

Okay, those arguments are sound enough, and put me more at ease about the power.

Crazyivan777
Zealot
Zealot

Postby Crazyivan777 » Tue Nov 19, 2013 9:31 am

Father is likely dying. May be a day or several before I post again. Apologies.

flynnarrel
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby flynnarrel » Tue Nov 19, 2013 12:18 pm

OMG! Please don't apologize for something like that.

Please take the time you need. Real life trumps, always.

griever
Henchman
Henchman

Postby griever » Thu Nov 21, 2013 3:08 pm

Crazyivan777 wrote:Father is likely dying. May be a day or several before I post again. Apologies.

Hoping things turned out alright...

And how would you like for us to handle combat? Post in order or just post whenever and then you'll resolve them in order of Initiative?

Crazyivan777
Zealot
Zealot

Postby Crazyivan777 » Thu Nov 21, 2013 3:11 pm

As you all go before the villains, I'll have you all post and I'll shuffle things as order needs. If you end up holding an action or the like, I'll move the villains along.

Crazyivan777
Zealot
Zealot

Postby Crazyivan777 » Mon Nov 25, 2013 4:19 pm

Still waiting on the posts of the other two PC's in the combat.

griever
Henchman
Henchman

Postby griever » Mon Nov 25, 2013 11:45 pm

Crazyivan777 wrote:Still waiting on the posts of the other two PC's in the combat.

Sorry about that. Aunt passed away over the weekend, so I've been handling the logistics of her funeral in place of my cousins.

Apologies for the shortness of the post as well.

jemal
Hero
Hero

Postby jemal » Wed Nov 27, 2013 1:52 am

lotta Depressing news in this thread over the last week :(
Condolences to both of you guys.

griever
Henchman
Henchman

Postby griever » Tue Dec 03, 2013 9:39 am

jemal wrote:lotta Depressing news in this thread over the last week :(
Condolences to both of you guys.

Thanks. Cancer's a bitch... :(

flynnarrel
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby flynnarrel » Tue Dec 03, 2013 10:07 am

Are we waiting on a player?

Crazyivan777
Zealot
Zealot

Postby Crazyivan777 » Tue Dec 03, 2013 10:13 am

We were. We're not now.

SilvercatMoonpaw
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby SilvercatMoonpaw » Tue Dec 03, 2013 1:13 pm

Yeah, I'm just going to pass my turn for now because I can't think of anything to do. Actually may have to skip several turns until I can get my head back in the game. It's an unfortunately problem I have when a game has a long delay.

Return to “M&M Game Room”