Discord (3E PL12) IC

This forum is the place for Mutants & Masterminds Play-By-Post games. Please read the M&M Game Room rules before starting or joining a game. Enjoy!
Gilliam
Superhero
Superhero

Re: Discord (3E PL12) IC

Postby Gilliam » Thu Oct 03, 2013 3:51 am

Bengal
HP: 4 > 3
Condition: Bruise x2

Feeling like a duck in a shooting gallery Bengal manages to avoid most of the bug's attacks with some fancy footwork whilst shrugging off the odd blast that did hit him.

Mendicant
Sidekick
Sidekick

Postby Mendicant » Thu Oct 03, 2013 6:52 am

Golem
Condition: Exhausted; Defenseless; bruised x1 / HP: 4
Golem character sheet

Once again the the swarm of insects descend on the heroes, the exhausted and defenseless form of Golem crouching on the ground seems somehow out of place, as if some enormous Rodin sculpture was juxtaposed with this tableau of unearthly, ravening insects. Driven into a reckless fury by Golems attacks, the Wasps unleash a torrent of poisonous green energy down on the helpless statue, as the crackling energy and smoke dissipate Golem remains in a quiet and unchanged repose. Several rivulets of molten blood trickle down his neck and arm, as wisps of smoke continue to emanate from his superheated form. He slowly looks up at the the leader, smiles and emits a guttural growl.

Insert solipsism here

Mendicant
Sidekick
Sidekick

Postby Mendicant » Thu Oct 03, 2013 5:45 pm

Golem
Condition: Exhausted; vulnerable; bruised x4 / HP: 1
Golem character sheet

Golem remains kneeling on the ground, staring at the alpha bug with a quiet fury. As he takes a moment to catch his breath- so to speak- a maelstrom of stoney debris begins to swirl about the injured construct.
Move action: reactivate platform flight
us HP to remove a fatigue: exhausted->fatigued
Power stunt: fatigued->exhausted
. . Linked Effects
. . . . Damage: Physical Damage 5 (Linked; DC 20; Reaction 3: reaction)
. . . . Impervious Defense: Impervious Toughness 12
Free action: change array to linked impervious and damage aura
Standard Action : recover; exhausted->fatigued; +2 to active defenses
Regen heals 1 bruise, now 3 bruises

Updated status:
Condition: Fatigued; +2 to active defenses from recover action; bruised x3 / HP: 0
Golem character sheet
Insert solipsism here

Moira
Firebrand
Firebrand

Postby Moira » Fri Oct 04, 2013 9:17 am

Aphrodite II
HP: 0

You take chances in life. Some of them aren't always in your favor. You think Aphrodite would have given up after the first big blow. In her heart she couldn't give up. But where the heart and mind agree, the body some times just does not. As the bugs surround the giant colorful serpent, they hit just the right soft places, knocking the wind out of the imaginary creature.

Toughness Uno (1d20+6=8)
Toughness Dos (1d20+5=7)

Technically these should be two higher, but either way I'm at least failing by 11 on both rolls.
RIP Angel 1989-2011

baixiwei
Overlord
Overlord

Postby baixiwei » Mon Oct 07, 2013 6:48 pm

GM Post

OOC wrote:OK, I think Aphrodite is incapacitated due to 2 staggered conditions. Moira, have a HP for the setback. Astra is up, then it would be Aphrodite but she will only be able to act if she can somehow recover, Moira could you please post either here or IC whether that's the case so I know whether or not to proceed?
Baixiwei's Character Builds and Conversions

If only you could see what I've seen with your eyes.

Ysariel
Paragon
Paragon

Postby Ysariel » Tue Oct 08, 2013 4:15 pm

A.S.T.R.A.

Poring through the base sensor data, all Astra sees - and hears - is a flood of gibberish. According to the electronics, the insects are communicating by radio in their alien language, which she can't decipher. But the data gives her an idea. The insects seem to communicate mainly by radio, which means they might be vulnerable to electronic warfare; if she can get the base radiotransmitter to broadcast at very high power she might be able to overwhelm the senses of the invaders the way a stun grenade overloads human senses.

Astra's voice rings out in the heads of the other heroes as she activates her technomagical communications. "They talk to each other with radio waves and each time one dies, there's a burst of electromagnetic energy," she says to her friends, watching the battle unfold through data streams and sensor feeds. "I'm figuring out what that means, but meanwhile I'm going to try something that I think may thin their ranks. Hold on tight."

A rune circle appears about the base of the Tesseract's radiotransmitter as Astra channels mana and reroutes power from the defenses into the circuits, far more than the equipment was designed to handle. Then she uploads we_will_rock_you.mp3 and sets the transmitter power to full.

Free action: Switch Magicomputer Core array and activate my Communication 3 [magic], Comprehend 4 [machines, spirits]

Move action: I activate the following base defense:
"we_will_rock_you.mp3" Affliction 12 [Fort vs Dazed/Stunned/Incapacitated] (Area Perception: Radio +1) 24pp

Any one who can perceive the base radiotransmitter tower with an accurate Radio sense has to make a DC 22 Dodge save. If they pass then no effect, if they fail then DC 22 Fort save vs Dazed/Stunned/Incapacitated. I'm trying to count on the fact that none of the heroes have radio sense (not even Astra) and hopefully the bugs do. I won't use this every round for the rest of the fight.
My stuff • I GM Emerald City Knights, Adventures Assemble! (with kenseido)

baixiwei
Overlord
Overlord

Postby baixiwei » Wed Oct 09, 2013 6:40 pm

GM Post

The swarm of insects is poised for another attack but suddenly - for no apparent reason, as far as the heroes outside can tell - their movements become erratic, uncontrolled, and frenetic. The omnipresent buzzing that has assaulted the heroes' eardrums since this fight began is louder than ever, and sounds almost like ... music. Rock music. The bugs twirl and writhe midair, buzzing crazily one way and then another. Are they dancing? Some send out random arcs of green electricity like drunken men projectile vomiting, some crash into each other, and some even plummet from the sky, smashing hard into island or sea.

Round 4

The leader, however, seems unaffected, and if the surge of crackling energy around its golden carapace is any indication, whatever just happened only pissed it off. Turning midair towards Dynamite as she falls back to earth, it snaps its deadly stinger forward, sending a blistering ray of energy right into her midsection. She cannot help opening her mouth in a silent scream as the electricity courses through her. Then it starts to hurt even worse: her body is covered in luminescent green, whether it is liquid or pure energy she cannot tell, but it burns like acid. She has never felt such pain.

OOC wrote:That radio trick is very clever. I don't think any of the PCs are affected, but if anyone has a radio sense, please make your saves. A total of 50 bugs are incapacitated, leaving over 150 still in commission. The others are in varying conditions of afflictedness; around 100 are unaffected. Round 4 begins.

Aphrodite II is incapacitated. Next up is Glaakidrill, the leader of the bugs. She blasts Dynamite, defensive and power attacking for 2 each, and hits. Dynamite needs to make a Toughness save DC32, and be warned that there is a Secondary Effect on this.

Bengal is up, then Pax and Dynamite.

• ** Aphrodite II (incapacitated)
  • 27 Glaakidrill
  • 21 Bengal
  • 20 Enemy Troop Transport (destroyed)
  • 15 Pax (higher Agi)
  • 15 Dynamite
  • 13 Glaakidril's Corsairs (higher Agi)
  • 13 Golem
  • 8 Astra
Baixiwei's Character Builds and Conversions

If only you could see what I've seen with your eyes.

Gilliam
Superhero
Superhero

Postby Gilliam » Fri Oct 11, 2013 3:12 am

Bengal
HP: 3
Condition: Bruise x2

Another small growl of frustration erupted from Bengal's lips, for one of the few times in his life he felt unsure what to do. The remaining insects were hovering in the sky well out of his reach and he didn't even have a rock handy to throw at them.

The sound of Queen's anthem filled the air bringing a grin to Bengal's face that faded as soon as he spotted Dynamite's falling form.

Positioning himself Bengal legs tensed ready to jump and catch Dynamite if she was unable to right herself.

If Dynamite keeps falling Bengal will leap up and catch her before she hits the ground.

Neo-Paladin
Overlord
Overlord

Postby Neo-Paladin » Sun Oct 13, 2013 12:49 pm

Pax

From what he had gathered during the storm of attacks and the mental response, the aliens shared at least a partial group mind, centered on the larger specimen .
Which might give his allies just the edge they might need.
Exhaling, he shut out all other distractions from his mind until only the leader of the enemy troops remained in his mind's eye. Look upon me and be awakened, he called out, drawing the alien mind to his before prying it open.
He did not like to do this. To force Satori - the moment of realization of the ultimate harmony of the cosmos and the connection between every thing within - upon someone else violated the very idea of being enlightened.
But it was one of the most devastating attacks in his repertoire. The sensation was so overwhelming that most beings could not function while their minds were bombarded with the wondrous truth.
It did not last long in most cases, since it was not understanding born from their own mind.
But maybe it could destabilize the swarm long enough for them to win the fight.
With a loud exhalation of Om, he drew the alien's mind into his own and allowed him to see the universe as he himself did.

Using Enforced Satori on the leader in the hopes of maybe affecting the swarm as well.
Enforced Satori: Perception Ranged Affliction, Concentration, Resisted by Will, Entranced, Stunned, Incapacitated 11. Will save against DC 21 please.
Last edited by Neo-Paladin on Mon Oct 14, 2013 8:33 am, edited 1 time in total.

jemal
Hero
Hero

Postby jemal » Mon Oct 14, 2013 6:42 am

Danielle Dynamite
HP: 1/2, Luck: 0/2, Recover 1/2, Condition: super-charged. (Dazed & Bruised next round)
Dodge/parry 5 (15), toughness +14(Impervious)

Grimacing in pain as the initial blast surprises her, Dynamite focuses on the crackling energy, absorbing it into her body and the pain dissipates. Frowning up at the monstrosity as she falls, she looks around at all the panicy bugs and recognizing the unorthodox tactic from Astra, Dynamite has an unusual idea of her own.

As she falls to the earth, she reorients herself to land on her feet. The fall doesn't concern her, the impact will just be absorbed. As she connects, sending up a massive dust cloud, she plants her feet in the crater she has just created and reaches out, draining the heat from the area.

Earth bugs didn't like the cold, time to see how these guys reacted..

The temperature drops rapidly, the island becoming sub-arctic within seconds. As the nearby water begins to freeze, Dynamite winces and glances at her allies - it'll definitely be uncomfortable for them, but she's hoping the bugs will like it even less.

Toughness (1d20+14=22)
Toughness Luck reroll (1d20+14=23) *I'm actually out of luck so that's a HP.
OK, that makes a 33 which barely makes the save.. this bug hits way too hard.

I was going to nullify the ongoing effect, but I'm fairly certain Nullify is limited by PL Caps, so I wouldn't succeed at an opposed check.
So, to speed this up - this part won't happen until the end of the Queen's turn, but:
Toughness Secondary (1d20+14=21)
Well, that leave me bruised and dazed on my next round.

I'm going to use Environment Control rank 6: Intense Cold That'll give me a 900' radius - from what I understand of the size of the dome (750' across), I should get everybody.
Now, ordinarily Intense cold should induce a DC 10 Fort save after one minute of exposure, but I'm hoping that these guys might have some sort of weakness to it.
In either case, it's a bit of a lead up - between this and absorbing the massive energy spike from the Queen, Dynamite's super-charged with energy, which I plan to make use of soon.

Return to “M&M Game Room”