Shinonome High (IC)

This forum is the place for Mutants & Masterminds Play-By-Post games. Please read the M&M Game Room rules before starting or joining a game. Enjoy!
XeroKhan
Luminary
Luminary

Shinonome High (IC)

Postby XeroKhan » Tue Aug 13, 2013 5:09 pm

It is January in the Japanese town of Shinonome, a place known for its high school's famed and impressive cultural festivals held each year in the month of October. The white snow covered the ground like a blanket as it gently snowed that day. It was light out, but the cloud cover made things much more tame to the eyes of any beholder.

At Shinonome High, the students were gathered around in the auditorium for the school's opening lecture from Principal Toriyama, who seemed to be flustered on the stage, waiting for the other students to arrive. The auditorium echoed with the conversations of the other students already in there.

You lot have gathered on the right hand side of the auditorium near the front. Unsure of when Principal Toriyama is to speak, one of you begin a conversation.

OOC: Alright, I have gathered you lot together early, so a quick meet-and-greet is in order. Once all of you who are still in have posted, I will continue the story.

Common Terms I will use:
>D#: Failure by (1-4) Degree
>EFN (Epic Fail Number): A Natural 1
>Nat 10: Taking a Natural 10 on a specific Skill

SilvercatMoonpaw
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Re: Shinonome High (IC)

Postby SilvercatMoonpaw » Tue Aug 13, 2013 6:56 pm

Yuki Tanaka

"I suppose I could assume you all know who I am given how thorough my fan club is, but I don't want to look like an egomaniac. So here it goes: I'm Yuki Tanaka, Grade 11. I like martial arts, singing, and peace and quiet. I don't get enough of that last one."

drothgery
Collaborator
Collaborator

Postby drothgery » Tue Aug 13, 2013 7:57 pm

Abigalan S'Mirat
HP: 2 Condition: Nervous

"Actually, I'm new." Abby said, though it was obvious, between her fair skin, blue hair, and generic Midwestern American accent (for all that she seemed to speak perfect Japanese) that she wasn't from around here. He's a cutie she thought. "Abby Smith, grade ten."
Dave Rothgery
long time lurker, only recent poster ...
Lady Lillian Firestorm
Abigalan S'Mirat
Jeran
Tessa Testarossa

Weyrd
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby Weyrd » Wed Aug 14, 2013 6:34 am

Ichiro Hamada
HP: 2 Cond: Normal

"We've actually met before," Ichiro responds to Yuki. "I tried out for some of the clubs you are in. I was told you helped take me to the nurse when I tripped over a bucket and knocked myself unconscious at the martial arts club try out." He gives a meek little wave to those gathered, "Ichiro Hamada, grade 10."

Storm Vermin
Compatriot
Compatriot

Postby Storm Vermin » Wed Aug 14, 2013 9:28 am

Kenta Nozawa
HP: 2

"Uh, I'm Kenta Nozawa, Grade 11. I don't suppose you know me very well, since I haven't realy attended any clubs... Or school, come to think of it... " Kenta trailed off. Meanwhile, his backpack started to move around and a muffled voice came from it. "And I'm Ray, nice to-" Kenta nudged the backpack with his foot and looked nervously. "I've learned a bit of ventriloquism too, ha!" he sayd, trying to cover his agitation.

XeroKhan
Luminary
Luminary

Postby XeroKhan » Sat Aug 17, 2013 1:59 pm

Before anybody else could continue, you hear, "Attention, everybody. Attention." You turn to see Ms. Arakawa, the Senior Girls homeroom teacher at the auditorium's pulpit.

Her long, blonde hair and her caring blue eyes can make any man melt for her. Although she seems to be the most recent teacher to the older students, she seems to command respect easily. You recognize her from last year's Christmas party.

"May I present Shinonome High's principal Toriyama!" She steps aside clapping to allow principal Toriyama to step up to the pulpit. The only thing you see on the principals face is an expression of pure terror.

All the other students seem to be gawking at Principal Toriyama as Ms. Arakawa stopped clapping. She seemed to have a sweat drop on her forehead. (U^_^)

"Uh, I guess I can speak for him." Ms. Arakawa said as she returned to the pulpit. That was when Principal Toriyama quickly ran off the stage, feeling revealed. "Anyway, I believe I speak for Principal Toriyama when I say welcome to another grand year at Shinonome High. There are a few announcements that need to be said before we begin." Ms. Arakawa began. "First, let me assure you that the rumors about Mr. Kishimoto are merely rumors. Second, for the more recent students here, to please read the student manuals for any questions that you may have about certain things. Thirdly, Mr. Toboso, the Junior Girl's homeroom teacher, has gladly volunteered to lead the school's cultural festival committee this year. If you wish to join the committee, please see him after school today here. Finally, we wish to introduce to you our latest lunch chef here, Mr. Mashima." With that, Ms. Arakawa stepped aside once more to allow the apparently dwarfed and gaudy dressed Mr. Mashima take the pulpit.

"Thank you, Ms. Arakawa." Mr. Mashima said as he hopped up to grab the pulpit's microphone. "Please, come by the lunch room to try out my delicious foods from around the world." Then, the auditorium doors seemed to swing open to reveal one of the student terrified, screaming, "There are skeletons in the hallways!" That was when that boy fell to the ground after being pushed by the on coming skeletons, all wearing old chain-mail and carrying swords of all sizes, walking over the poor boy that fell unto the ground.

Mass panic enveloped the entire student body. Some of the more athletic boys there tried to fight off those skeletons, only to be overwhelmed by the sheer number of skeletons and held prisoner. The other, more terrified students began to flee in all directions, unsure of where to go. "Everybody, out the backstage exit, NOW!" Ms. Arakawa said after swiping the microphone from Mr. Mashima's hand. The vast number of student began crawling all over each other to get unto the stage and behind the curtains. The only ones still in there are the skeletons, the hostage student athletes, and you.

OOC: Alright, what do you lot do? There are A LOT of skeletons in the auditorium, all of which have "hostages." If you wish to take on the numerous skeletons, roll an initiative. If you wish to flee with the other students, then please say so. I want to make this world you are in as optional as possible. Do not worry if you leave the main story, it is built this way.

Common Terms I will use:

drothgery
Collaborator
Collaborator

Postby drothgery » Sat Aug 17, 2013 2:26 pm

Abigalan S'Mirat
HP: 2 Condition: Nervous

"Why couldn't I have just one normal day at school?" Abby says under her breath, barely remembering to do so in English rather than the language of her homeland. She didn't think skeleton warriors armed with swords would be anything resembling an effective fighting force in this world, having taken the time to get at least a general idea of the capabilities of military weapons here. But they'd do well enough to terrorize high school kids -- at least, high school kids other than her. Maybe they wouldn't notice what she was doing in the confusion.

She flew up above the seated students to get a better view.

Initiative (1d20+5=9)
Dave Rothgery
Lady Lillian Firestorm
Abigalan S'Mirat
Jeran
Tessa Testarossa

XeroKhan
Luminary
Luminary

Postby XeroKhan » Sat Aug 17, 2013 2:34 pm

OOC: Droth, something like flying upward is something VERY out of the ordinary in this new world to Abigalan, so I would require a Stealth roll as well. The other heroes will notice this automatically due to being right beside Abigalan.

Common Terms I will use:

drothgery
Collaborator
Collaborator

Postby drothgery » Sat Aug 17, 2013 2:42 pm

XeroKhan wrote:
OOC: Droth, something like flying upward is something VERY out of the ordinary in this new world to Abigalan, so I would require a Stealth roll as well. The other heroes will notice this automatically due to being right beside Abigalan.

She's rationalizing, and if anyone asks later, may say something like "Of course I can't fly. Or throw fireballs. That's ridiculous." But she's not actually trying very hard to keep anyone from noticing her.

nonetheless... stealth check (1d20+1=21)
(notes to self: die rolls are independent events. this did not waste a 20. really.)
Dave Rothgery
Lady Lillian Firestorm
Abigalan S'Mirat
Jeran
Tessa Testarossa

XeroKhan
Luminary
Luminary

Postby XeroKhan » Sat Aug 17, 2013 3:21 pm

Abby rose into the air easily. What students are trying to flee do not notice her doing this, nor the skeletons.

OOC: Simple result. Nobody other than the other heroes sees this happening. If the stealth roll were to fail, you would have been considered a freak to the other normal students and would become an "outcast" to the other students, thus a new complication. That is why I asked for the roll. Reasonable?

I am now just waiting for the others to post and decide to fight or flee before I continue with the recent combat phase involving Abby.

Common Terms I will use:

SilvercatMoonpaw
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby SilvercatMoonpaw » Sat Aug 17, 2013 3:55 pm

Yuki Tanaka
HP: 1

Yuki covered his face at the arrival of the skeletons. "I'm cursed, aren't I?"

One of the skeletons advanced on him, clearly intent on making him a hostage. "Uh...I don't suppose you'd be satisfied with me promising to stand quietly and not make any trouble."

The skeleton paused as if thinking thinks over. Then it opened its mouth and gave a screech.

"Thought not." Yuki's fist rocketed out, aimed to rattle the skeleton.
Initiative: 1d20+6=17
attack: 1d20+6=8, damage 19 Tgh
Sorry about the puppeting, but I figured these guys were generic enough that it didn't matter.
Last edited by SilvercatMoonpaw on Mon Aug 19, 2013 9:12 am, edited 1 time in total.

Weyrd
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby Weyrd » Mon Aug 19, 2013 9:07 am

Ichiro Hamada
HP: 2 Cond: Normal

As students fled the auditorium in a panic, Ichiro was continually bumped into and ended up falling on his butt. He watched in stunned disbelief as armed skeletons poured into the auditorium. If he didn't have a sore backside from the recent fall he'd think this was all a nightmare and that he'd yet to wake up for his first day of school at all. He was vaguely aware of Yuki readying himself for a fight and out of the corner of his eye he thought he saw Abigail...was she floating? Probably a stress induced hallucination. Realizing that staying on the floor would probably result in his death, Ichiro scramble to his feet and beats a hasty retreat towards the back of the auditorium after the rest of the fleeing students.

Initiative: 1d20-1=16

Silvercat you forgot Yuki's initiative

Return to “M&M Game Room”