Age of Gloriant - Chapter 1 - ON HIATUS

This forum is the place for Mutants & Masterminds Play-By-Post games. Please read the M&M Game Room rules before starting or joining a game. Enjoy!
XeroKhan
Luminary
Luminary

Re: Age of Gloriant - Chapter 1 - Trouble...[IC]

Postby XeroKhan » Fri Oct 11, 2013 8:50 pm

Hrim Faxi
HP 1, Luck 0
Gold 0
CONDITION: Fine

Gullen: Fine

Taking a natural 10 on the other goblin as well, making it a 16, which also hits considering my last attack on the last goblin. When my next turn comes around, I plan to attack one of the Hobgoblins

Once removing his arm blades and flinging off the residual brain and blood that covered the weapon, Hrim then motioned to strike the next goblin next to him, Immediately slashing at his gut...

Common Terms I will use:
>D#: Failure by (1-4) Degree
>EFN (Epic Fail Number): A Natural 1
>Nat 10: Taking a Natural 10 on a specific Skill

Spectrum
Titan
Titan

Postby Spectrum » Sun Oct 13, 2013 10:10 am

Deflections: 1d20+4=8, 1d20+4=20
For sake of story, I'm going to reverse the order. You'll need to decide on the damage DC.

The camera begins to slow down, coming to a frame by frame shot...

The camera's POV begins behind one of the bolts as it flies towards the air towards the little barmaid..

She ducks into a crouch, spinning and twisting. The girl's skirt flies up, revealing a creamy well toned thigh as her foot hooks around, tapping the bolt and changing its direction, travelling straight towards a startled brutish lout.. and smacking him right between his piggish little eyes.

Time speeds up again, another crossbow bolt easily knocked out of the way by the pale woman, with far less dramatic effect.

Thorpacolypse
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity
Location: Bloomington, IL (Summer home in the dark recesses of the human psyche...)

Round 1 - Reverse Ambush (concluded)

Postby Thorpacolypse » Sun Oct 13, 2013 7:18 pm

Minor oops here, but I think it's easily rectified. Hrim knocks out one of the goblins out with his Takedown before it can fire at Molly. 1d20+1=17 on it's Toughness check sends him to the great beyond. So Molly only has to Deflect against the one. Being nice, we'll say that the 20 works for that one and he has to make a Toughness check against his own bolt. He doesn't, 1d20+1=15, so he drops. That takes care of all the goblins, I believe.

Hrim pulled his blade back from the goblin he had gutted before and quickly struck at one just to it's left and dropped that one as well. The last goblin on that flank fired his hand crossbow at the little bar girl, but after some unbelievably rapid and graceful movement, the goblin's bolt was sent back at him and sadly for him, it struck him just below his right lung, dropping him to the ground, dying.

So that OFFICIALLY ends Round 1 so feel free to kick off your Round 2 actions now.
Shop J-Mart!

Service with a smilie! :)

kenmadragon
Mastermind
Mastermind

Postby kenmadragon » Tue Oct 15, 2013 7:48 pm

Theodus
HP: 1, yes? Condition: Fine

The smoke cleared in the trailing whirl of energies that swirled about the place, stray threads of the spell dispersing harmlessly into the environment. The tingle of lightning still flickered about Theo's fingertips before dying. Standing firm upon the disk, up in the skies, the sorcerer gazed over the ambush field. It appeared that the table's were turned, Theodus smirked, the reading of ancient tactical manuals having been of merit. Attack from the high ground, strike quickly, and utilize the surprise.

From high above on the disk of invisible energy, safe from the swords and axes and daggers of the beastly creatures below, the young man, long cloak billowing behind him, tunic and magician's robe immaculate and neat, carved stave in his off hand, clearly had the advantage.

He leaned down slightly, a single pane of glass glinting in the reflection of the afternoon light. He frowned, trying to pick out the next foe. By the looks of it, the strange group had been ambushed - rather poorly he might have added - though a strange team they appeared. A massive gout of flame from the armored fellow, though he seemed to be using a sword and shield against the goblinoid assailants - curious. Two women, both apparently fighting bare handed, yet landing solid, lasting blows; one of them apparently catching bolts, and throwing them back again... with her feet? Very peculiar. A small feathered creature seemed to be hovering near a larger furred creature. If it wasn't for the disparity between it's fur coloration and that of the goblinoids, Theo might have mistook it for one of the ambushers. Yet the blue furred creature bore weapons and armor, was attacking the goblins, and the smaller creature - something Theodus could have sworn was one of the magecrafted abominations set loose in the Times of Torment, a weapon gone horrbily wrong - seemed to be following the blue creature as a chick would a mother hen.

Theodus tried to remember what he had been told of the bounty, remembering the words "very queer sort of job this is, not like usual takin' care a bandits, no sirrah" rather clearly. Well, this certainly amounted to queer circumstance.

'Ah, what the hell.' he eventually decided in his mind, and willing the disk forward for a better shot, took aim at yet another goblin. Go with what works, he always thought. Unless you can figure out something better...

A swirl of magical energy coalesced about his fingers once more, and with a snap, sound burst into whirlwinds about his fingers, whirling air spinning like tornadoes twisted into a knot, and with a gesture, sent scything blasts of air, green blades of magical wind slashing through the air through a hobgoblin. And he spoke no words, no incantations. Simply a flick of the hand, and the spell was sent flying through the air towards the hapless foe. What sorcery is this?

OOC wrote:Attacking with Scything Winds descriptor for damage. Attack 1d20+6 = 21 ooh, lucky. That's DC 21 Toughness, aimed at a hobgoblin (i forget which ones were where).

Plan B
Mastermind
Mastermind

Postby Plan B » Wed Oct 16, 2013 6:14 am

Skaldar

Skaldar tried to take in everything, but lost the detail in a blur of motion. "Everyone get clear ! " Skaldar yelled manuvering around to the right.
    Insert witty comment here.

Plan B
Mastermind
Mastermind

Postby Plan B » Wed Oct 23, 2013 3:55 pm

Skaldar

Skaldar breathed heavily as his eyes glowed red and smoke seeped from his mouth for moment, followed by a sheet of flame engulfed both groups of goblins.

Draconic Breath: Damage 6 (area cone 2, secondary effect 3, limited (can not be used on consecutive turns), variable elemental ) Fire DC 16 dodge followed by DC 21 toughness (dc18 on pass)

I don't mind hitting the group as long as i catch all the goblins
    Insert witty comment here.

Return to “M&M Game Room”