Age of Gloriant - Chapter 1 - ON HIATUS

This forum is the place for Mutants & Masterminds Play-By-Post games. Please read the M&M Game Room rules before starting or joining a game. Enjoy!
User avatar
Spectrum
Titan
Titan
Posts: 3831
Joined: Thu Jul 05, 2012 1:26 pm

Re: Age of Gloriant - Chapter 1 - Trouble...[IC]

Postby Spectrum » Sun Sep 22, 2013 8:50 am

Molly

Molly looked up from guiding the mule, trying to avoid the nipping and kickings.. even managing to get the stubborn mule to attack herself a few times.. It's a fun game for both of them, keeping them both on their toes.

With a soft gasp, she looked up and around, a puff of air blowing the hair out from her eyes.

She was soon gone, disappearing once more into the dust.
already active: Bending Like the Willow: Deflect 8 (Accurate 3: +6, Redirection, Reflect; Diminished Range 3, Limited: Self only)
perception: 1d20+10=22
Activating: Cloak of Shadows: Concealment 4 (Other Sense: Magic, Sense - Hearing, Sense - Sight)
Init: 1d20+8=19

User avatar
Thorpacolypse
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity
Posts: 7994
Joined: Tue Aug 15, 2006 8:19 pm
Location: Bloomington, IL (Summer home in the dark recesses of the human psyche...)

Re: Age of Gloriant - Chapter 1 - Trouble...[IC]

Postby Thorpacolypse » Sun Sep 22, 2013 11:13 am

Funny you should mention what you hear, Hrim...

Stealth checks for one thing up there got a 6, the other got a 21 so you see and hear everything, Molly sees everything but cannot hear what you hear, and Skaldar and Avianne see some of what is going on, cannot hear what is going on and cannot see everything, but I suppose you can share it.

After some wonderful rolls of 3 and 6 for the two different sets, they don't notice the party yet.


After Avianne's alert, the party sees movement up ahead in the bushes on BOTH sides of the road. There appears to be some smaller, maybe 4-ft tall humanoids moving around in the bushes, apparently trying to set up to flank the road. The creatures seem to be focused on their task and have not noticed the group approaching yet.

Before I forget, the road is approximately 15 foot wide.


Hrim puts his canine ears to the wind and hears them speaking in a language he cannot understand, but he also sees some taller humanoids that look very simple to the smaller humanoids but closer to 6 feet and wearing a better grade of armor. They seemed to barking orders to the smaller humanoids.

Molly saw the exact same thing but couldn't hear the language. From her time at the bar, she had heard several adventurers come through and describe these types of things and she had a pretty good idea of what the creatures were: goblins and hobgoblins.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Avianne Thane
HP: 1
CONDITION: Fine


Seeing the creatures up ahead, Avianne turns to the group and asks, "Looks like we're early for the ambush, folks. How do you want to play it?"
Shop J-Mart!

Service with a smilie! :)

User avatar
Spectrum
Titan
Titan
Posts: 3831
Joined: Thu Jul 05, 2012 1:26 pm

Re: Age of Gloriant - Chapter 1 - Trouble...[IC]

Postby Spectrum » Sun Sep 22, 2013 2:01 pm

Molly
Hp 1

The young girl is already unheard and unseen (but still really needs to take a bath) at this point, so might be difficult to ask.

She starts to work on a plan, a daring plan, full of daring-ness.. though, something that could put this all to an end (one way or the other) rather quickly. It would be nice if the group had some kind of healing though.

User avatar
Plan B
Mastermind
Mastermind
Posts: 2413
Joined: Tue Nov 03, 2009 1:07 pm

Re: Age of Gloriant - Chapter 1 - Trouble...[IC]

Postby Plan B » Sun Sep 22, 2013 2:11 pm

Skaldar

"You know i could fire breath everything there, no mess, no fuss if the talking bear wasn't the way." Skaldar said drawing his weapon following Hrim at leisurely pace
    Insert witty comment here.

User avatar
XeroKhan
Luminary
Luminary
Posts: 2861
Joined: Thu Feb 16, 2012 6:13 pm
Location: Raccoon City

Re: Age of Gloriant - Chapter 1 - Trouble...[IC]

Postby XeroKhan » Sun Sep 22, 2013 2:27 pm

Hrim Faxi
HP 1, Luck 1 -> 0
Gold 0
CONDITION: Fine

(And Gullen: Fine)

"They're planning something! Get ready." Hrim yelled back at the others, and positions himself to easily defend himself. Gullen, on the other hand, tried his best to stay as close to Hrim as possible. "Who." Gullen hooted.

OOC: B, the Owlbear does not speak at all. I am merely making him say "Who" like an actual owl. I must have mistyped that earlier. My bad on that end.

Anyway, Initiative rolls: Hrim: 1d20+1=5;
WOW, that sucked. Luck to reroll the initiative: 1d20+1=3;
WOW, I think IC hates me today. Anyway, since that is less than 10, I automatically add 10 to the first roll to make it a 15.

Gullen: 1d20+0=6; IC DOES hate me today. This is also understandable of an Owlbear cub's first combat encounter.

I just hope that this bad rolling streak does not continue.
Image
SKYPE: X3r0.Kh4n

Common Terms I will use:
>D#: Failure by (1-4) Degree
>EFN (Epic Fail Number): A Natural 1
>Nat 10: Taking a Natural 10 on a specific Skill

User avatar
Thorpacolypse
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity
Posts: 7994
Joined: Tue Aug 15, 2006 8:19 pm
Location: Bloomington, IL (Summer home in the dark recesses of the human psyche...)

Re: Age of Gloriant - Chapter 1 - Trouble...[IC]

Postby Thorpacolypse » Sun Sep 22, 2013 6:27 pm

Since Hrim shouted, let's see if they notice. DC10...1d20+1=8. Nope. :roll:

Avianne will move into the brush on the side to try and ambush the ambushers. 1d20+8=13. They don't see her.

She can double move 60 ft to get within 30 ft of the gobs. If she can, she'll try to get a sneak shot in, but in case she doesn't, her Initiative roll is 1d20+8=28. Geez, wasted a 20 on Initiative.


------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Avianne Thane
HP: 1
CONDITION: Fine


After shooting a sharp look at Hrim for shouting out, the bounty huntress slipped off her pack and ducked into the bushes on the east side of the road. She whisper-shouted back to the group, "I'm going to go move in closer for a better look, and maybe a first shot if these are the brigands we heard about. Big boys, be ready to rumble, and Molly...it is Molly, right? Be ready to do whatever it is you do..."

For those that haven't, roll for Initiative. Your foes are about 90 ft away from where you are, with numbers on both the east and west sides of the northbound road (not giving counts yet), so plan accordingly.
Shop J-Mart!

Service with a smilie! :)

User avatar
Plan B
Mastermind
Mastermind
Posts: 2413
Joined: Tue Nov 03, 2009 1:07 pm

Re: Age of Gloriant - Chapter 1 - Trouble...[IC]

Postby Plan B » Wed Sep 25, 2013 4:16 am

Skaldar

Skaldar continued without breaking pace, muttering about no ever listens. Moving towards the bushes after a moments thought he breathed in his eyes glow bright for a moment the unleash a torrent of fire immolating everything on the right side of the path.

"PISS OFF! I ani't in the mood." Skaldar yelled preparing to draw sword from sheath

Draconic Breath: Damage 6 (area cone 2, secondary effect 3, limited (can not be used on consecutive turns), variable elemental ) Fire DC 16 dodge followed by DC 21 toughness (dc18 on pass)

Intimidate 1d20+7=10 + what ever i get setting everything on fire

initiative1d20+6=16 for when that fails
    Insert witty comment here.

User avatar
Spectrum
Titan
Titan
Posts: 3831
Joined: Thu Jul 05, 2012 1:26 pm

Re: Age of Gloriant - Chapter 1 - Trouble...[IC]

Postby Spectrum » Sat Sep 28, 2013 4:11 pm

Molly

Molly quite invisibly leapt out towards the more important of the two groups. While she wasn't terribly educated, or for that matter even all that tactically aware, at least she thought that heading towards the group with the more of those bigger beasts was a good idea. She might manage to sneak... oh no, that plan wasn't going to work at all with that dragon breaking their counter ambush... but at least she could try to get closer, get some concept of what the highway-whatevers had in mind.

Maybe it would including eating a mule.

She could only hope.

User avatar
Thorpacolypse
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity
Posts: 7994
Joined: Tue Aug 15, 2006 8:19 pm
Location: Bloomington, IL (Summer home in the dark recesses of the human psyche...)

Round 1 - Reserve Ambush

Postby Thorpacolypse » Sun Sep 29, 2013 2:39 pm

Alright, let's back to business!

Initiative:

Avianne - 28
Molly - 19
Skaldar - 16
Hrim - 15
Gullen - 6

I'll add the others after his ambush round for YOU GUYS. See how sweet I am? :P

OK, so the gobs are 90 ft away. Avianne can double move and get within striking distance. Avianne's stealth for a free shot next time, she gets a 20 (forgot to link). And the goblins gets 1d20+1=20 for the tie. But since Avianne has the higher Stealth to Perception, she wins and stays out of sight.

Molly is in a similar situation. She'll also get a free shot because they can't see her either.

Skaldar goes full dragon on them. Let's see how the gobs and hobs do vs. the Initimidate. I'm giving you +5, Skaldar, for the fire blast. The gobs oppose with Fort and win 1d20+1=16. The hobgoblins oppose with Intimidate, and they win, too. 1d20+4=16. So that doesn't scare them...

...HOWEVER, that cone will hit 4 gobs and 1 hobgoblin on that right side. Minion rule IS in effect for the goblins, not the hobgoblins. They are at half Dodge because of being caught off guard. One of the gobs saves, 1d20+3=23, 1d20+3=4, 1d20+3=9, 1d20+3=4, the others do not. Doesn't help him, they all drop against DC21, 1d20+1=10, 1d20+1=19, 1d20+1=14, 1d20+1=16. The hobgoblin doesn't make the check, 1d20+3=10. He gets 1d20+4=15 on his Toughness check to take 2nd degree damage. And the bushes around the others are on fire. So now, I think they know you guys have arrived. :)

Hrim and Gullen will be ready to go the next round.


Molly and Avianne go into stealth mode and sneak into position to ambush the ambushers. Hrim and his new friend, Gullen the little Owlbear ready themselves for the inevitable attack. Skaldar smiles, growls and throws caution to the wind, strides forward purposefully and unleashes the full fury of his dragon breath on the bushes to the right side of the road. Screams erupt bushes as a passel of goblins dash out of the bushes like they were on fire. And they were...

4 of them caught the full force of the cone of flame and collapsed at the fire tore through their bodies. One of the hobgoblins that were shouting orders was on fire as well, but he was able to avoid incapacitation but staggered back, patting at the flames. 2 other goblins and another hobgoblin on that side of the road gathered themselves and began to advance on Skaldar. 6 more goblins and 3 hobgoblins on the opposite side of the road started to come out of the bushes on the left side of the road to join in the battle.

OK, so the next round, Molly and Avianne get free shots, then we move into the initiative round so Skaldar, Hrim and Gullen can unleash some hell as well. :twisted:
Shop J-Mart!

Service with a smilie! :)

User avatar
Spectrum
Titan
Titan
Posts: 3831
Joined: Thu Jul 05, 2012 1:26 pm

Re: Age of Gloriant - Chapter 1 - Trouble...[IC]

Postby Spectrum » Mon Sep 30, 2013 2:25 pm

Molly
hp 1

Molly ended up in the middle of the mass of gobs before appearing again, her invisiblity breaking into a massive murder of crowds, swooping and flying through the area, clawing at eyes and distracting the view.

"Hi guys." she winces, yeah, that was lame.. and she was putting herself in horrible danger. "Oink oink! Or yeah, something!" In short, she was trying to call attention to herself, all the attention if possible.

Then again, she'd been working a trick with that damn mule for a while now, twisting the blade and the attention away from her onto the attack.. or maybe just someone else in the immediate area.
Move action: jumping into the fray

free action: shifting from cloak of shadows to murder of crows:
Murder of Crows: Environment 1 (Impede Movement (2 ranks), Visibility (-5), Radius: 30 feet; Selective

Standard action:
Bending Like the Willow: Deflect 8 (Accurate 3: +6, Redirection, Reflect; Diminished Range 3, Limited: Self only)

User avatar
Thorpacolypse
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity
Posts: 7994
Joined: Tue Aug 15, 2006 8:19 pm
Location: Bloomington, IL (Summer home in the dark recesses of the human psyche...)

Surprise Round and Round 1 Kicks off!

Postby Thorpacolypse » Sun Oct 06, 2013 6:21 am

Thorpacolypse wrote:First things first, let me add in the gobs initiatives.

Initiative:
Avianne - 28
Molly - 19
Skaldar - 16
Hrim - 15
Hobgoblins - 11
Goblins - 10
Gullen - 6
Theodus - (coming up)

OK, so since Molly is using a Reaction effect, Spectrum, I'll work that in near the end of the round, since the gobs are going last. Avianne will basically get 2 shots in because of her surprise round and Initiative. I'll say she and Molly are on the left side since Skaldar was razing the right. She goes after the goblins first to thin the herd a bit. Since minion rule is in effect she'll just take 10 to hit the first one and he's got to make a DC19 check. He fails, so she goes for the next one, and amazingly, he makes it. 1d20+1=6, 1d20+1=21. So now to start the actual round, she again goes after the goblins and I'll say there's 2 that she can get to. Again she'll take 10 and the first one fails and the second one does as well.1d20+1=7, 1d20+1=15


Avianne Thane
HP: 1
CONDITION: Fine


Well, so much for subtlety, Avianne thought to herself. But that was pretty damn effective.

As the goblinoids began to make their way out of the bushes towards her compatriots, she sprung into action. She grabbed the goblin nearest her and dropped him with a quick series of chops to the throat. She quickly shifted over and tried a similar move with another one, but it throw its shield up at the last second to block the chops.

Lucky bastard, she thought. But let's see how lucky. Before he could escape, she slid into a quick leg sweep, knocking him off balance and connecting with a fist to his face, sending him into dreamland. There was one more goblin in her sights and she did a quick shift and grounded that one with a palm strike to the chest.

So that leaves 3 goblins and 3 hobgoblins on the left flank, 2 goblins and 2 hobgoblins on the right. Everyone but Molly is up, she's going to go all Jedi style once I fling some stuff at her. :)
Shop J-Mart!

Service with a smilie! :)

User avatar
XeroKhan
Luminary
Luminary
Posts: 2861
Joined: Thu Feb 16, 2012 6:13 pm
Location: Raccoon City

Re: Age of Gloriant - Chapter 1 - Trouble...[IC]

Postby XeroKhan » Sun Oct 06, 2013 6:35 am

Hrim Faxi
HP 1, Luck 0
Gold 0
CONDITION: Fine

Gullen: Fine

Hrim kept an eye and ear out for any of the gobs coming out to attack. Finding out that one side has more, Hrim rushed to that side and spotted a goblin just coming out of the foliage. Then, Hrim came down on the goblin with a chop of his arm-blade.

Taking a Nat 10 on a goblin after moving to it, making it a 16.


Gullen followed Hrim and, when the goblin came out, looked at him in the eye and "screeched" at the goblin.
Image
SKYPE: X3r0.Kh4n

Common Terms I will use:
>D#: Failure by (1-4) Degree
>EFN (Epic Fail Number): A Natural 1
>Nat 10: Taking a Natural 10 on a specific Skill

User avatar
Spectrum
Titan
Titan
Posts: 3831
Joined: Thu Jul 05, 2012 1:26 pm

Re: Age of Gloriant - Chapter 1 - Trouble...[IC]

Postby Spectrum » Sun Oct 06, 2013 8:43 am

Molly
hp 1

Molly scowled darkly at Avianne, biting back her response.

Bitch! Fool! You're only getting in the way and making me less effective!

It was too late to jump over to the other side. She would just have to accept taking this (reduced) risk and looking like a fool.

Today, was a good day.

User avatar
Plan B
Mastermind
Mastermind
Posts: 2413
Joined: Tue Nov 03, 2009 1:07 pm

Re: Age of Gloriant - Chapter 1 - Trouble...[IC]

Postby Plan B » Mon Oct 07, 2013 3:07 pm

Skaldar

Skaldar broke into a jog as drew his blade. Thundering over the scorched earth into the still burning hobgoblins, swinging his blade in thunderous arc cleave though the goblins.

I think the gobbos on the right a still on fire from the secondary effect of my fire breath.

Putting the sword in the hobgoblin 1d20+5=9 guess not
    Insert witty comment here.

User avatar
Thorpacolypse
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity
Posts: 7994
Joined: Tue Aug 15, 2006 8:19 pm
Location: Bloomington, IL (Summer home in the dark recesses of the human psyche...)

Round 1 - Reverse Ambush (cont.)

Postby Thorpacolypse » Fri Oct 11, 2013 8:29 pm

Sorry about the delay, busy week. Back to the official Round 1.

Initiative:
Avianne - 28
Theodus - 20
Molly - 19
Skaldar - 16
Hrim - 15
Hobgoblins - 11
Goblins - 10
Gullen - 6

So Avianne went, Skaldar missed with his attack. Let's handle the secondary effect of his breath on the hobgoblin who amazingly makes the check, 1d20+3=21. I rolled the Toughness check for the goblin Hrim hit and he failed. There is another in range for Hrim's Takedown this round, so you can roll that when you're ready.

Now the hobgoblins and goblins. Starting on the left, we'll go with the goblins first. There are 2 left after Hrim dropped one of the 3 left. They will use their hand crossbows to shoot at Molly. 1d20+3=4, 1d20+3=12. I assume Molly will be able to send those back, so roll your Deflect, good Spectrum.

The hobgoblins on left, one goes after Avianne, the other two go after Hrim. The first one attacks Avianne with his longword and hits, the ones on Hrim have one miss and one hit. 1d20+5=24, 1d20+5=9, 1d20+5=21. The one that hits Avianne gets a crit, too. She'll have to save at DC25, yikes. 1d20+4=7, double yikes on that roll, HP to stay in the fight, triple yikes! 1d20+4=6, Good thing we add 10 to get that 16 for second degree damage.

Now the right flank. The hobgoblin that got fried gets up and that's it. The two goblins BOLT, taking double moves to get the hell out of dodge. Well, actually one of them gets away, the other...

The remaining hobgoblin pulls his longbow and fires at Skaldar. 1d20+4=5. Oops, natural 1.


The battle moves into full swing. Hrim practically sliced one of the goblins on the left flank in half and moves in on another. As the hobgoblins begin to shout orders in the goblinoid language, they begin their retaliation. The goblins load rough hewn hand crossbows and fire at the little bar girl, Molly.

The hobgoblins on that left flank move in on Avianne and Hrim. One of the bigger ones draws back his longsword and takes a mighty sling at Avianne and despite her attemptes to dodge it, he lands a blow that leaves a bleeding gash on her side. The other two advance on Hrim. He was able to parry one blow, but the other hobgoblin's sword sliced into his armor.

The hobgoblin that suffered the fire burns from Skaldar's dragon breath rose to his feet and shouted something at the 2 living goblins. They took off like a shot back up the road to the north. However, after dashing up the road, Skaldar sees one of them struck down with what looked like a lighting bolt. When the goblin falls, the Dragon Breathed sees a young man with a monocle, in wizard style robes that billow in the wind standing atop a translucent disk of force. His hand clutches what appears to be a traveler's staff, the other extended with a gesture towards the crater that was the goblin minion. The remaining goblin screamed then darted into the bushes on the east (right) side of the road.

The last hobgoblin on the right flank pulled out his longbow and tried to fire an arrow at Skaldar, but the bowstring snapped as he pulled it back...

OK, Kenma's in. RP that and handle your actions for Round 2. 3 hobgoblins left on the left flank, 2 on the right with one of them being -1 toughness.
Shop J-Mart!

Service with a smilie! :)


Return to “M&M Game Room”



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests