Age of Gloriant - Chapter 1 - ON HIATUS

This forum is the place for Mutants & Masterminds Play-By-Post games. Please read the M&M Game Room rules before starting or joining a game. Enjoy!
Plan B
Mastermind
Mastermind

Re: Age of Gloriant - Chapter 1 - Trouble...[IC]

Postby Plan B » Sun Aug 11, 2013 7:44 am

Skaldar

"This looks foolish, Amalia if your still willing, i shall take you up on your offer, if only attract arrows during the inevitable ambush. " Skaldar said completely straight faced.
    Insert witty comment here.

Spectrum
Titan
Titan

Postby Spectrum » Sun Aug 11, 2013 9:16 am

Molly

The young girl's mind raced, trying to put all the pieces together. She was leaving the town to not have that conversation. She really didn't want to have that conversation, it made her motives so much more..muddled. She didn't want these complications in her life. She couldn't afford them, they were messy.. Not to mention that if the group of bounty hunters found out about this, she'd be lucky if they only skinned her alive. She wasn't even good about lying.

How could she say no? How could she say..

"S're, s're mista Graves. Dun worry about it, dun worry about it (though she obviously was) Ah'll see what I ken do for yew." she gulped, her eyes bulging out..

------------------------------

A little while later..

"Woah, Thelma, be a good girl.. ow! good girl! Please? ow! Hey, that hurts!" smack!

------------------------------------

As the group prepares to go, Molly appears again. But she's not alone.. a beaten down docile looking mule walking along with her pulling a small cart. Molly keeps her distance from the sweet looking beast looking much more mussed than before.. and a huge hole in her shirt over the shoulder.

"Heyas. Comin' along tew. Brought da supplies. Ah'll try to stew our of yer way."

XeroKhan
Luminary
Luminary

Postby XeroKhan » Sun Aug 11, 2013 9:49 am

Hrim Faxi
HP 1, Luck 2
Gold 0
CONDITION: Being Wary

Hrim was probably the first to notice the girl coming toward them due to his strong nose. He recognized her scent from Percilis' Inn.

Spectrum wrote:"Heyas. Comin' along tew. Brought da supplies. Ah'll try to stew our of yer way.

"Heh, I am fine with it as long as the others are." Hrim said as he turned to the young girl. "Anyway, we should get a move on. We do not want any of those thieves catching us off guard."

Hrim's Perception DC: Taking a natural 10 for a total of an amazing 27 total. COME AT ME YOU THIEVING THIEVES! :twisted:

Also, Thorp, if you need me to rearrange my skill ranks to balance things out more, do not hesitate to let me know.

Common Terms I will use:
>D#: Failure by (1-4) Degree
>EFN (Epic Fail Number): A Natural 1
>Nat 10: Taking a Natural 10 on a specific Skill

Hound
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Hound » Sun Aug 11, 2013 7:30 pm

Amalia
HP: 2

The young druid stopped, "Hold up, I have an idea."

(If anyone is on her, they get off) Amalia closed her eyes and began "Graiya, Mother of the Earth, grant me your power. Kalios, lady of he wind, grant me your favour..." The large horse began to rapidly shrink, hair began to change to feather, her forward legs began to transform into wings, her elongated face transformed into a small hooked beak. Amalia became a beautiful, powerful eagle.

She flapped her wings and took to the air, using the keen eyes of an eagle to search for any movement in the woods.

Winged Flight 3, Extended Vision, Perception +10(New total 16), Shrink 4, with -2 Stamina, -2 Toughness, - 1 Attractive.

Perception roll is now.... 1d20+16=35 HOLY CRAP! I SEES IT ALL!
"Whats wrong? You came here expecting to fight a madman, and instead found a god!?"
My Characters

Thorpacolypse
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity
Location: Bloomington, IL (Summer home in the dark recesses of the human psyche...)

Postby Thorpacolypse » Mon Aug 12, 2013 5:00 pm

OOC - Awesome Perception checks, guys. I hope you roll that well when I actually plan an ambush. :wink:

With Molly now as part of the group, the druid, the dragon breathed, the canine warrior, the bounty huntress and the "little barmaid with the donkey" as Skaldar calls her begin their trek. As you stroll up the road to Iredell, you feel the gods are with you. The sun is shining, but the air remains crisp and cool, a wonderful day for traveling. You pass a couple of farmers along the road who look rather oddly at Hrim as wolf-men are not common in this part of the Lothos...

The day and evening pass without incident, except for a few awkward exchanges between Molly and Amalia, simply because...they are...interesting girls. You find a spot off the road to camp, and the night passes without incident as well, and everyone awakes refreshed and prepared for another day's travel. Walking throughout today and one more night should put you in Iredell mid-day tomorrow.

Another fine Smarch day greets you as the temperature is slightly warmer, but again it's another pleasant day. Tales are told amongst the group to pass the time as the day again passes with nothing out of the ordinary.

As darkness falls you set up camp and you begin to munch on another day's rations (or whatever you have gathered, your calls). However, before you set up your bedrolls and decide who takes first watch, the canine warrior and druid girl both pick up the sound of moving in the forest off your left (west). Whatever it is, it's heavy and moving in your direction...

OOC - No surprise rounds, of course but let's have some Perception checks and Initiative rolls shall we? Just in case...
Shop J-Mart!

Service with a smilie! :)

Spectrum
Titan
Titan

Postby Spectrum » Mon Aug 12, 2013 5:58 pm

The scullery wench with a donkey
cond: I know why I stay in the city
hp 1

Molly had been doing her best to stay quiet and away from everyone else, not rude, just seemingly properly subservient. She'd talk to those that spoke to her, blushing a bit as she tried to be more articulate and refined than she's comfortable with, but its still a struggle for her.

A bit more striking though is that a murder of crows has evidently decided that the group is fascinating. They take perch in trees as big black clouds, nibbling at whatever treats might be left out. While they don't intrude, they are definitely a presence in the area. It's even getting to the point where some of the crows are recognizable on sight.

Thelma never warms up to the girl, nipping and kicking at her every chance that the big beast gets. In the first few days, Molly has turned into a little albino raccoon, covered in bruises.

That night comes, Molly quietly fixing up some dinner with the foodstuffs from the inn. Her cooking is mediocre at best, barley edible but its warm.

perception: 1d20+10=29
Paranoia: Senses 3 (Danger Sense: Hearing, Darkvision) and uncanny dodge

Init: 1d20+8=25

Hound
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Hound » Mon Aug 12, 2013 6:26 pm

Amalia

The druid scouted further using her aerial view to try and figure out what was making such a ruckus...
"Whats wrong? You came here expecting to fight a madman, and instead found a god!?"
My Characters

Plan B
Mastermind
Mastermind

Postby Plan B » Wed Aug 14, 2013 4:05 pm

perception 1d20+8=12
Initiative 1d20+6=24

Skaldar

Skaldar poked the fire as chewed his trail mix, spitting odd bits into fire, wondering what the hell it was made of and, why he'd bought so much of it in the first place.

Thorpacolypse
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity
Location: Bloomington, IL (Summer home in the dark recesses of the human psyche...)

Postby Thorpacolypse » Sat Aug 17, 2013 8:15 pm

As Amalia soared over the trees, she looked to the west and less than 20 yards away, a massive brown creature, the size of a large bear was heading a quick pace towards their camp. It was moving at brisk pace, but not nearly as fast as she could fly. As she moved in a tad closer, she could tell that it's fur was straight and coarse, almost like that of a bird of prey and it's head was rounder than a bear's, with large eyes and a beak.

As she prepared to shout a warning to the party, she, and the rest of the party, heard what sounded like a bear's roared mixed with an owl's screech coming from the opposite direction, seemingly advancing on them from that direction as well...

Owlbears hunt in small packs in Gloriant... :twisted:

They got a 10 for Initiative but will not be in close combat range for another round. So far I have...

Molly - 25
Skaldar - 24
Avianne - 1d20+6=13 (I took the liberty of rolling for her/Tholomyes to keep things moving.)
Owlbears - 10
Hrim - ????
Amalia - ????

And see, no ambush, just a good old fashioned random encounter. :wink:
Shop J-Mart!

Spectrum
Titan
Titan

Postby Spectrum » Sun Aug 18, 2013 3:48 am

Molly (the girl with the dragon..oh wait, wrong character)
Hp 1
Cond: You can't see me

Molly let out a little squeak and then was gone..disappearing in sight and sound.. no sign that she was currently there.

Yes, now would be a good time to hide.

Cloak of Shadows: Concealment 4 (Other Sense: Magic, Sense - Hearing, Sense - Sight)

If it becomes important, defaulting to this slot:
Bending Like the Willow: Deflect 8 (Accurate 3: +6, Redirection, Reflect; Diminished Range 3, Limited: Self only)

Plan B
Mastermind
Mastermind

Postby Plan B » Sun Aug 18, 2013 6:43 am

Skaldar

Skaldar sprung to his feet grabbing his shield, and drawing his sword. He strode towards the owlbears without hesitation.

"Stay behind me." He half yelled as he started to draw upon the primal energies of his "dragon-breath".

Going to hit the with my Dragon breath as soon as i can Damage 6 (area cone 2, secondary effect 3, limited (can not be used on consecutive turns), variable elemental ) DC 21 toughness fire DC 16 dodge for half effect DC 18 toughness the next round.

XeroKhan
Luminary
Luminary

Postby XeroKhan » Sun Aug 18, 2013 9:29 am

Hrim Faxi
HP 1, Luck 2
Gold 0
CONDITION: Ready

Hearing the distant sound of something charging at them, Hrim rushed to where it was going to be. Seeing it being an Owlbear, Hrim fancied the idea of jumping unto its back and choking it, but he never encountered an Owlbear where he came from. Thus, Hrim took his position beside Skaldar, and readied for a fight. Then, Hrim gave out a bellowing howl at the foul beast.

Initiative: 1d20+1=12;
JUST before the Owlbear moves. Also, I never expected to face an Owlbear in this game. :P

Intimidation Roll: 1d20+16=19;
Roll sucked, but the Intimidation bonus made it MUCH better. :P

Common Terms I will use:
>D#: Failure by (1-4) Degree
>EFN (Epic Fail Number): A Natural 1
>Nat 10: Taking a Natural 10 on a specific Skill

Hound
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Hound » Sun Aug 18, 2013 1:07 pm

Amalia
HP: 2(I think)

Initiative 1d20+5=21

Since my transform is fast. I will use my move action to land on a tree nearby, a free action to return to normal. And a Standard action to summon her Doll. Amalia is terrible at stealth, but hopefully they just think "oh a bird" and ignore it, then the cover of the trees helps her hiding. 1d20+0=12, Doll stealth with shrinking bonus: 1d20+8=18

The bird of pray spotted the target, she did not yet know if they were hostile or not, but it was safer to err on the side of caution. Amalia, the druid, landed on a large sturdy branch, suing the foliage for cover, she returned to normal. Then she whispered a few words of prayer to the earth mother and dropped a see, which landed in the dirt. The see exploded in a tangle of roots, forming the tiny creepy doll that Amalia had carried earlier.

The doll shook it's head, gaining it's bearings, then shrunk down until it was as tiny as it could get, hiding in the bushes, waiting for a command from it's master.
My Characters

Tholomyes
Groupie
Groupie

Postby Tholomyes » Tue Aug 20, 2013 1:36 pm

Avianne Thane
HP: 1
CONDITION: Normal

Avianne sees the hulking forms of the Owlbears lumbering towards the camp. Dropping into a defensive stance, she runs up beside Skaldar "Pfft, behind you? If I couldn't beat a couple of Owlbears, well, we'd all be in trouble.". However her thoughts aren't so upbeat. Well, crap, how do I even fight one of these things? Sure a couple brigands or thieves I can deal with, but you can't exactly disarm an owlbear or put one in a submission hold.

Simple first round: Just moving up, and going total Defense (1d20+6=19). If the event something attacks her in melee and misses, she will retaliate with a DC21 Toughness punch (power attacking for 2; Attack roll if needed: 1d20+8=22).

Thorpacolypse
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Round 1

Postby Thorpacolypse » Tue Aug 20, 2013 2:47 pm

The party members leap into action as the massive forms of the Owlbears come into view, each from opposing sides of the road. The coming from the west (left) of the road seems intent on Skaldar, with Avianne right behind him, the other coming from the east (right) side has Hrim in it's sights. Molly had blinked out of view a few seconds before and Amalia watched intently from her perch in a tree not too far from the Owlbear rumbling in from the west.

OK here we go. Initiative is as follows:

Molly - 25
Skaldar - 24
Amalia - 21
Avianne - 13
Hrim - 12
Owlbears - 10

Molly went "poof", Amalia summoned her doll. Skaldar is going breath fire on the on from the west. Dodge roll for the OB, wow she made it, 1d20+3=21 so she'll save against DC18. And there's the bad roll... 1d20+8=11, second degree damage. She's dazed for a round and at -1 toughness.

Avianne is full defense so that we jump to Hrim. I assume that Intimidation check was to Demoralize. It opposed with Will and rebuffs it, 1d20+3=20.

Now the Owlbears. I had them double move to get into close range so the one from the west can still attack Skaldar without moving this round. Talon strike...and it's a crit! 1d20+6=25. He has to make a DC26 Toughness check.

The other OB is going after Hrim with a Talon Strike as well but misses badly. 1d20+6=9

The Dragon Breathed unleashed a cone of pure fire (OOC: I'm guessing since you have a variable descriptor and didn't specify) at the beast, but it was able shift its body a bit avoid taking a direct blast. The feathery hide was still singed enough to slow the Owlbear considerably and make it screech in pain. The Owlbear took out it's frustration on Skaldar with a sweeping strike that sliced deep into his armor. The Owlbear that came in from east, despite not being phased by Hrim's howling and threatening stance missed with a slash of its own.

On to Round two, ladies (in character) and gentlemen. :)
Last edited by Thorpacolypse on Sat Aug 24, 2013 11:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
Shop J-Mart!

Return to “M&M Game Room”