Age of Gloriant (Thorpacoverse Fantasy) - [OOC]

This forum is the place for Mutants & Masterminds Play-By-Post games. Please read the M&M Game Room rules before starting or joining a game. Enjoy!
Thorpacolypse
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity
Location: Bloomington, IL (Summer home in the dark recesses of the human psyche...)

Re: Age of Gloriant (Thorpacoverse Fantasy) - [OOC]

Postby Thorpacolypse » Sun Sep 08, 2013 2:30 pm

Hound wrote:
Thorpacolypse wrote:
Hound wrote:So uhhh... do you want my round 2 actions, or do you want me to wait?

I thought you did your Round 2 stuff. Persuasion in combat is a standard action, I thought. If I am mistaken, let 'er rip!

No that's fine, I dont mind waiting till round 3, I am just trying to figure out when i should post.

Have at it, good sir.
Shop J-Mart!

Service with a smilie! :)

Hound
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Hound » Sun Sep 08, 2013 6:13 pm

I feel like garbage, but I am going to have to bow out. I've received my updated sailing scheduled. It's very depressing but I am going to have to limit myself.

I had thought I was going on course this month, which would take 2 years, but I've been bumped from the course as someone with more seniority took the spot. This is very depressing. So now I need to sail a lot and the net is slow, so I have to limit myself to only 2 or 3 games. I am sorry.

I hope you all have a good game. Take care.
"Whats wrong? You came here expecting to fight a madman, and instead found a god!?"
My Characters

Thorpacolypse
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity
Location: Bloomington, IL (Summer home in the dark recesses of the human psyche...)

Postby Thorpacolypse » Sun Sep 08, 2013 7:21 pm

Hound wrote:I feel like garbage, but I am going to have to bow out. I've received my updated sailing scheduled. It's very depressing but I am going to have to limit myself.

I had thought I was going on course this month, which would take 2 years, but I've been bumped from the course as someone with more seniority took the spot. This is very depressing. So now I need to sail a lot and the net is slow, so I have to limit myself to only 2 or 3 games. I am sorry.

I hope you all have a good game. Take care.

Sorry to hear that, man, I've enjoyed playing with you. But real life certainly takes precedence and I know you've got games you've been in a lot longer. I'll work up an exit for Amalia and see about a replacement. Good luck with the sailing.
Shop J-Mart!

Thorpacolypse
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Thorpacolypse » Wed Sep 11, 2013 1:06 pm

OK, so I'm going to do a little personal recruiting for the game (Kenmadragon wanted in earlier) and I will finish up Amalia's and Tholomyes rounds tonight or tomorrow now that the Tank is back up. Sorry about the delays, stupid real life.
Shop J-Mart!

Thorpacolypse
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Thorpacolypse » Thu Sep 12, 2013 7:57 pm

OK, Kenmadragon is in, welcome Kenma. He's working on his character and should be ready to jump in around the next encounter-ish which will be pretty quick. I apologize again for the delay tonight, it was parent open house and I have been dealing with a sick kid and wife from the time I got up to the time I left. I have bowling tomorrow night (man, I'm sounding middle-aged, which I am, but still :shock: ) but after that, I swear I will wrap up this round!
Shop J-Mart!

Spectrum
Titan
Titan

Postby Spectrum » Fri Sep 13, 2013 7:26 pm

*listens to that old style Zelda victory music*

IC thread wrote:Molly hits the Owlbear that has been dancing with Hrim. First the Will check, 1d20+3=22. It aced it. Man, I roll pretty well for Owlbears. If I am reading Molly's sheet right, the damage effect is linked so the Owlbear has to make a DC21 Toughness check, too, so on that one, 1d20+6=14, so that's another 2nd degree failure.

I may have actually written this backwards- mechanics have never been a strong point to me. I was envisioning the fairly classic video game rogue movement where the target gets hit and get stuck in a stutter, being unable to complete their move. Did I come anywhere close? :)

Thorpacolypse
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Thorpacolypse » Fri Sep 13, 2013 9:17 pm

OOC: I just wanted to RP a bit. An act of mercy here, an act of alliance there. I would use an HP to temporarily gain the Animal Empathy advantage to gain it's alliance, but I have my plan, and I do not think that the aforementioned act would be necessary.

Also, do you need an Attack Roll for the "Act of Mercy", Thorp? If so, then: 1d20+6=11;

That would miss. Luck time: 1d20+6=18;
This one would hit.

Plus, check out these Owlbears in the "Lords of Waterdeep" Episode :P

I suppose technically you're supposed to roll for a coup de grace, but in this case, you wouldn't need. And since the Owlbear is incapcitated, it's effectively defenseless so you could take a Routine Attack or if you did roll, you're going against DC10 so you would have hit. You can save your Luck point.

And I did see most of the Waterdeep episode and of course I clued in on the Owlbears. :wink:
Shop J-Mart!

Spectrum
Titan
Titan

Postby Spectrum » Sun Sep 15, 2013 11:24 am

Welcome to the group Kenma!

... and then the three became four.

I'm holding off on my post to see reactions from other people.

kenmadragon
Mastermind
Mastermind

Postby kenmadragon » Sun Sep 15, 2013 11:56 am

Good to be here. Still working on a backstory, and making sure my character is spotless before posting him here. I figure you won't be seeing him in game just yet (you guys still need to wrap up the scene I think), so I'll hold off on posting anything about him until he does show up in game. Maintain some manner of suspense and intrigue, you know!

XeroKhan
Luminary
Luminary

Postby XeroKhan » Sun Sep 15, 2013 12:22 pm

Who could Kenma's character be? An Owlbear? *face-palms self*

Seriously, welcome Kenma. Cannot wait to see what you build up.

Common Terms I will use:
>D#: Failure by (1-4) Degree
>EFN (Epic Fail Number): A Natural 1
>Nat 10: Taking a Natural 10 on a specific Skill

Plan B
Mastermind
Mastermind

Postby Plan B » Sun Sep 15, 2013 12:54 pm

Any of kind hint on what it is?

Glass's or moustache?
    Insert witty comment here.

kenmadragon
Mastermind
Mastermind

Postby kenmadragon » Sun Sep 15, 2013 1:06 pm

Neither. Monocle. :mrgreen:

Spectrum
Titan
Titan

Postby Spectrum » Sun Sep 15, 2013 1:07 pm

Ohhh! One of them squinty types!

Thorpacolypse
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Thorpacolypse » Tue Sep 17, 2013 8:00 pm

I will try to get a post up tomorrow night to move us on up the road. After that, I will be out of pocket for a couple of days with family events, but I should be back on Saturday eve-ish.

Kenmadragon, I will PM you with your jumping on point. Should be soon. Post your dude at will.
Shop J-Mart!

kenmadragon
Mastermind
Mastermind

Postby kenmadragon » Tue Sep 17, 2013 8:41 pm

Will do! I'll have the finalized build here when I get that PM or have him intro'd into the game (latter of the two likely).

Return to “M&M Game Room”