Legion: Outpost OOC (Full)

This forum is the place for Mutants & Masterminds Play-By-Post games. Please read the M&M Game Room rules before starting or joining a game. Enjoy!
Horsenhero
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Re: Legion: Outpost OOC (Full)

Postby Horsenhero » Mon Aug 05, 2013 9:33 pm

Coyotzin wrote:So... can we participate in the vision, as in... our future selves are there? Or are we just spectators?

You can react to events, such as letting the teachers in on what's going on. Taking a Legion Cruiser and heading toward the starfield in question, etc.

Since this "future" is merely minutes in your future, Kid Doomsday is currently on his own, but that doesn't mean the newly minted cadets can't make an effort to get there in time to at least save the crew of the beleagured starship.

And maybe catch the villains in the act.

EPIC
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby EPIC » Mon Aug 05, 2013 9:52 pm

But if we're seeing the vision, is it not blocking out our normal vision to see it?

I get the shared vision thing where we're all seeing the same thing and can communicate with each other thanks to Martian Lad's mind powers, but that's different than being able to inform a teacher since we seem to be 'locked' in the vision.

Please correct me if I'm wrong though and just not realizing something.

Horsenhero
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Horsenhero » Mon Aug 05, 2013 10:06 pm

The vision is playing out in your "mind's eye" and is certainly monumentally distracting, however unlike a Remote Sensing power use, your normal senses are engaged in the real world.

This is more like how a traumatic event can completely break your concentration on mundane events occuring around, not a total sensory shift.

Apparently my desire for drama has undermined the actual comprehension of the scene since clarification on multiple fronts has been in order. As an apology...everyone have a Hero Point.

EPIC
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby EPIC » Mon Aug 05, 2013 10:40 pm

Okay, I get it now....so we're seeing the vision, but if we really concentrate, we can see our actual surroundings to react and do other stuff. got it.

Nillaman
Firebrand
Firebrand

Postby Nillaman » Tue Aug 06, 2013 12:56 am

I've got the Distance Sense, Direction Sense, and am planning on using a Hero Point to Power Stunt my six ranks of Flight into the Movement Effect of Space Travel.

Is it possible for Silverhawk and other heroes capable of surviving in space to get there in a few rounds?
Roster: http://www.atomicthinktank.com/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=47345

Zork is the best onomatopoeia in the world.

Horsenhero
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Horsenhero » Tue Aug 06, 2013 8:42 am

Nillaman wrote:I've got the Distance Sense, Direction Sense, and am planning on using a Hero Point to Power Stunt my six ranks of Flight into the Movement Effect of Space Travel.

Is it possible for Silverhawk and other heroes capable of surviving in space to get there in a few rounds?

Well, Thorpacolypse asked for a specific role in the game and I'm not likely to allow that role to be circumvented by actions no matter how well-meaning. Could you somehow arrive at the tail end of Kid Doomsday's scene? Maaaaayyyybe. I might even be counting on it.

Also note that in order to use the movement power of space travel, the characters must first clear the atmosphere where the relevant power is Flight.

I am not going to say that Silverhawk can't attempt what he's thinking...after all, he's a rookie hero, so chasing off after a group of villains who outnumber (and in the case of Sun Emperor, probably outpower) him is in keeping with the genre.

However it is important to note the characters do have access (through their instructors) to starships. Legion Cruisers (Flight 14, Space Travel 3) to be precise.

Coyotzin
Titan
Titan

Postby Coyotzin » Tue Aug 06, 2013 10:13 am

Never underestimate players' ability to screw up your plans ;) Especially if they work in tandem :D

Horsenhero
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Horsenhero » Tue Aug 06, 2013 10:29 am

Well, in this instance, since I can control time and travel, the ability of players to screw up my plans by interfering is severly limited...though their efforts might gain them hero points which can be handy down the line. :wink:

Besides, Thorpacolypse is now in the position to introduce the LSV Academy to the plotline, and would you really want to miss out on going up against such notable baddies as your opposing students? A roster which includes, but isn't limited to:

Battle Boy
Cannibal Chief
Chain King
Claim Jumper
Megalith Maid
Megaton Girl
Nosferatu Lad
Plague Princess
Reflection Kid
Ultra-Violent
Wuxia Lad
XLR8
Yellow Peril

And yes, some of you who had been in my previous Legion Academy game might recognize some recycled names among the villains. It happens.

EPIC
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby EPIC » Tue Aug 06, 2013 10:31 am

I noticed from the list of other NPC cadets, as well as the appearance of the self narrating Ghost Boy. ;)

I wouldn't be shocked if Tint popped up somewhere.

Horsenhero
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Horsenhero » Tue Aug 06, 2013 10:47 am

EPIC wrote:I noticed from the list of other NPC cadets, as well as the appearance of the self narrating Ghost Boy. ;)

So true. Except for the minor change to Ghost Lad instead of Ghost Boy, he's a carry over. In fact, all the heroic cadets except for the new additions of Quetzalcouatl Girl and Virus Lad are carried over from the last game. Some powersets have changed a bit (Meteor Maid is now a flying brick instead of a geokinetic), but the basics for each character remain mostly intact. Also, as per my general rule, the NPC hero/cadets are mostly lower PL/PP than the PC's, since they aren't the stars of the story.

Some, like Maya (Quetzalcouatl Girl) are pretty PP heavy, but sometimes there just isn't any way around it. On the flip side, some are incredibly inexpensive, being one trick ponies with cheap powers and little experience.

Weyrd
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby Weyrd » Tue Aug 06, 2013 11:55 am

@EPIC

"One of the cadets on the ship identified himself as Wuxia Lad.

FYI - I believe Wuxia Lad is one of the villains, not one of the Legion Cadets.

EPIC
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby EPIC » Tue Aug 06, 2013 12:11 pm

Weyrd wrote:@EPIC

"One of the cadets on the ship identified himself as Wuxia Lad.

FYI - I believe Wuxia Lad is one of the villains, not one of the Legion Cadets.

Well...he's a cadet of the villian's legion ;) So her statement is not actually incorrect.

Unfortuantely, Kid doomsday didn't announce himself, so can't really help much more than that. She pulled the name of someone that did identify themselves, so someone might be able to use that. Who knows. ^^;

EPIC
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby EPIC » Tue Aug 06, 2013 12:29 pm

Oh, and to clarify: Aura Girl was not trying to dissuade anyone from TRYING to intervene with what the vision was showing, but to make them aware it may have been completely beyond their ability to do anything so they can be prepared for that possability.

She's totally on board with moving with all due haste to find this shuttle and do what they can, whether it's repel the bad guys or clean up what's left and save who they can.

Weyrd
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby Weyrd » Tue Aug 06, 2013 12:59 pm

Well...he's a cadet of the villian's legion So her statement is not actually incorrect.
One of the cadets on the ship identified himself as Wuxia Lad. Do you know where he is?

True, but she might get some weird looks from her instructors when she asks if they know where he is. "Uh....no." :mrgreen:

Nillaman
Firebrand
Firebrand

Postby Nillaman » Tue Aug 06, 2013 3:17 pm

Nah, I'm cool with that. Just a weird thought because he has pulled off that trick in the past. ^^
Roster: http://www.atomicthinktank.com/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=47345

Zork is the best onomatopoeia in the world.

Return to “M&M Game Room”