[Recruiting Closed] Sky Pirates inspired by One Piece

This forum is the place for Mutants & Masterminds Play-By-Post games. Please read the M&M Game Room rules before starting or joining a game. Enjoy!
metool2
Zealot
Zealot

Re: [Recruiting Closed] Sky Pirates inspired by One Piece

Postby metool2 » Sun Sep 08, 2013 2:37 pm

On a note here, I am still not sure about the sound the Yoho Yoyo's should make. Iv looked up onomatopoeia's of whistles, and i'v tried to think "What would be written across the panel if this was a manga?" Fwefwefwe seems good to me, but id like opinions for future use.
" This flag says I will fight until only my bones remain. "
Kamen Rider Builds

EPIC
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby EPIC » Sun Sep 08, 2013 3:02 pm

fwefwefwe sounds more like a fan, like if it had blades.

Something like fweee~hew, that high pitched sounds yo-yos make when they are spun hard. I dunno ^^;

metool2
Zealot
Zealot

Postby metool2 » Sun Sep 08, 2013 3:07 pm

Fwe-hew is a pretty good one I think! Just the abilities come with the feature: Whistling because I liked to picture his yoyo's whistling loudly as he sent them flying and spinning. or even using a hero point to make a loud whistling fort attack, similar to how that character from the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers Movie did with her sticks (original, not turbo movie).
Kamen Rider Builds

EPIC
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby EPIC » Sun Sep 08, 2013 3:12 pm

Totally cool with that.

kenmadragon
Mastermind
Mastermind

Postby kenmadragon » Sun Sep 08, 2013 4:00 pm

I think I'll wait on Weyrd and EnigmaticOne for their posts for Lanni and Mari (if they want to post something) before posting Hayate's response.

EnigmaticOne
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby EnigmaticOne » Sun Sep 08, 2013 4:12 pm

kenmadragon wrote:I think I'll wait on Weyrd and EnigmaticOne for their posts for Lanni and Mari (if they want to post something) before posting Hayate's response.

Weyrd's vanished. If you think it best, I can post - just been waiting in the hopes he's back and gets his turn.
Impeach the peach!

EPIC
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby EPIC » Sun Sep 08, 2013 4:35 pm

Yeah, I think something cropped up RL for him. I think we'll put Mari is ghost mode for the time being as a floating PNPC. Just post as though she's going along with what your characters are saying/doing. If a fight breaks out, I'll have something separate her from the group temporarily and if Weyrd doesn't come back after a while, I'll think of something for Mari to have come up.

But considering he was one of the most vocal during the recruitment process, I highly doubt he backed off due to a lack of interest or anything to that degree, so I don't want to just play him off as a lost cause here.

EnigmaticOne
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby EnigmaticOne » Sun Sep 08, 2013 4:45 pm

Posted then. Gia is waiting for Hayate to weasel out more.

Hope Weyrd is ok.
Impeach the peach!

kenmadragon
Mastermind
Mastermind

Postby kenmadragon » Sun Sep 08, 2013 4:58 pm

Same. I know I've had times where I disappear for a few days, but it was never anything too serious. I hope everything's okay with Weyrd.

On another note, I shall have my post up in a bit. Just need to figure out how to proceed. Would Hayate pry for more info about the ship, or would Boom Boom be the better conversation thread? Hmn... this reminds me of Frost's Path Not Taken... "Two roads in a yellow wood, / And sorry I could not travel both"...

EPIC
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby EPIC » Sat Sep 14, 2013 12:47 pm

Kenma, you've pretty much exhausted this resource for info, so you can bail and figure out with the others what you want to do.

kenmadragon
Mastermind
Mastermind

Postby kenmadragon » Sat Sep 14, 2013 1:06 pm

ah okay. Should I just ammend my last post, or post again?

EPIC
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby EPIC » Sat Sep 14, 2013 8:03 pm

You can do either or. S'all good.

EPIC
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby EPIC » Sat Sep 14, 2013 8:35 pm

Just a side note; I know Iorme's attacks are going to be REALLY effective when they hit, and that's the trick of it, it's WHEN they hit. There are three hoops she's gotta hop through.

1) Perception area; Any number of things can prevent people from looking at her when she attacks, like in this case they were focused on the thing that almost crushed them.
2) The Limitation; She needs to affect them by an effect before she can hit them with anything that will actually take them out of the fight. No one else really uses Will effects, so it's not all that over powered, and again, she's got to effect them with two effects rather than 1.
3) Two turns: It takes her two turns to meaningly affect an enemy where anyone else doesn't have such limits on them and some can do area effects every turn.

Yes, after hitting with the Weaken Will, she's got 8 rounds to affect the enemy before she needs to re-establish it, but still, she's gotta make her set-up and reestablish it and such. That said, they are going to be less effective against non-minions too of course.

SO! I don't want anyone worrying about the numbers of enemies she's affecting. She is working for it and I feel the effort is equal to the potential results. (Because note even at -1 total Will, someone STILL managed to make the DC!)

EPIC
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby EPIC » Sat Sep 14, 2013 10:51 pm

Metool: Your attack only has Split once that I see, so you can only split to one additional target and it looks like you're trying to attack three or four guys? Can you please clarify your attack.

metool2
Zealot
Zealot

Postby metool2 » Sun Sep 15, 2013 5:54 am

Ah okay I see where the problem is here. I'll edit the post. The numbers together could become confusion. What I meant was making two DC 18 attacks.
Kamen Rider Builds

Return to “M&M Game Room”