Gaming W/Jemal: New Avengers Issue 1: DOOM

This forum is the place for Mutants & Masterminds Play-By-Post games. Please read the M&M Game Room rules before starting or joining a game. Enjoy!
User avatar
jemal
Hero
Hero
Posts: 1574
Joined: Wed Feb 20, 2013 10:36 pm

Re: Gaming W/Jemal: New Avengers Issue 1: DOOM

Postby jemal » Fri Jul 05, 2013 3:07 am

Spellwright takes a good look around as they drive, but there does not seem to be much in the way of tourism. As they're travelling down one of the side roads, however, he notices a sign down further "Latverian board of tourism".

Steering the truck that way, they find a dilapidated looking little nook with a single bored-looking young man sitting inside. He sits at a desk with nothing on it but a lamp, the computer he appears to be unenthusiastically scrolling through, and a pile of pamphlets.
There is a faded poster on the window "We serve in English, Hungarian, and German! Ask about our Doom Rates!"

Guess nobody else had any ideas.

User avatar
Walking Dad
Luminary
Luminary
Posts: 2599
Joined: Tue Feb 26, 2008 2:51 am
Location: Germany

Re: Gaming W/Jemal: New Avengers Issue 1: DOOM

Postby Walking Dad » Sat Jul 06, 2013 11:06 am

The Vision
Character Sheet - HP: 2 - Condition: normal

"I would suggest someone with social skills should try to gather more informations. Ideally the man should leave the computer so we could take a look at the system... by the way, has anyone noticed that we have a certain lack of female members?" The Vision observes in a low voice.
English isn't my native language. Have patience, please.

WD's PbP characters (3e)
Martian Manhunter builds

User avatar
XeroKhan
Luminary
Luminary
Posts: 2861
Joined: Thu Feb 16, 2012 6:13 pm
Location: Raccoon City

Re: Gaming W/Jemal: New Avengers Issue 1: DOOM

Postby XeroKhan » Tue Jul 23, 2013 5:01 pm

Sorry for disappearing like that. I will do my best to post some more when I can.


Johnny Blaze
HP 1, Luck 3
CONDITION: Fine


Driving down the road on his dirtied-up motorcycle, Johnny just happened to be following the rest who happened to be on the truck and stopped at the Doctor Doom's Tourism Services. There, Johnny just stayed outside to keep an eye out on things.

There is the store name for you. Now, I will take a natural 10 on my Perception, making it an 18 total.
Image
SKYPE: X3r0.Kh4n

Common Terms I will use:
>D#: Failure by (1-4) Degree
>EFN (Epic Fail Number): A Natural 1
>Nat 10: Taking a Natural 10 on a specific Skill

User avatar
jemal
Hero
Hero
Posts: 1574
Joined: Wed Feb 20, 2013 10:36 pm

Re: Gaming W/Jemal: New Avengers Issue 1: DOOM

Postby jemal » Mon Jul 29, 2013 1:32 am

The group stands outside the shop for several minutes discussing who should go in, before Johnny glances over from his bike and notices that the guy inside is on the phone, glancing up at them furtively every few seconds.

As he is about to say something, he notices a steadily approaching 'woosh' sound similar to Iron man's flight.

User avatar
XeroKhan
Luminary
Luminary
Posts: 2861
Joined: Thu Feb 16, 2012 6:13 pm
Location: Raccoon City

Re: Gaming W/Jemal: New Avengers Issue 1: DOOM

Postby XeroKhan » Mon Jul 29, 2013 9:03 am

Johnny Blaze
HP 1, Luck 3
CONDITION: Uneasy


"Hey, I do not know if you guys hear it, but it sounds like something is coming here. Something like the Iron Man suit." Johnny announced to his allies. Johnny then looked up into the sky toward Castle Doom to see what was coming...

Another Perception DC, will again take a natural 10 for another total of 18.
Image
SKYPE: X3r0.Kh4n

Common Terms I will use:
>D#: Failure by (1-4) Degree
>EFN (Epic Fail Number): A Natural 1
>Nat 10: Taking a Natural 10 on a specific Skill

User avatar
Walking Dad
Luminary
Luminary
Posts: 2599
Joined: Tue Feb 26, 2008 2:51 am
Location: Germany

Re: Gaming W/Jemal: New Avengers Issue 1: DOOM

Postby Walking Dad » Mon Jul 29, 2013 3:13 pm

The Vision
Character Sheet - HP: 2 - Condition: normal

The Vision tries to to compare the sound with the data in his memory storage.

routine checks if possible for Perception (+10), Technology (+15) and untrained Expertise checks (possible thanks to Eidetic Memory) (+5).
English isn't my native language. Have patience, please.

WD's PbP characters (3e)
Martian Manhunter builds

User avatar
jemal
Hero
Hero
Posts: 1574
Joined: Wed Feb 20, 2013 10:36 pm

Re: Gaming W/Jemal: New Avengers Issue 1: DOOM

Postby jemal » Thu Aug 01, 2013 6:48 am

Is anybody else still around/interested?

User avatar
XeroKhan
Luminary
Luminary
Posts: 2861
Joined: Thu Feb 16, 2012 6:13 pm
Location: Raccoon City

Re: Gaming W/Jemal: New Avengers Issue 1: DOOM

Postby XeroKhan » Thu Aug 01, 2013 10:56 am

I am still around. I am just waiting for the others to respond.
Image
SKYPE: X3r0.Kh4n

Common Terms I will use:
>D#: Failure by (1-4) Degree
>EFN (Epic Fail Number): A Natural 1
>Nat 10: Taking a Natural 10 on a specific Skill

User avatar
Adventure Dan
Cohort
Cohort
Posts: 276
Joined: Mon Jul 16, 2012 6:33 pm

Re: Gaming W/Jemal: New Avengers Issue 1: DOOM

Postby Adventure Dan » Thu Aug 01, 2013 3:28 pm

Tony Stark

"By the way, has anyone noticed that we have a certain lack of female members?"

"Yeah, don't remind me," Tony said sorely. "The two things I missed most about working with Agent Romanoff were-"

"Hey, I do not know if you guys hear it, but it sounds like something is coming here. Something like the Iron Man suit."

Tony stopped talking to focus on hearing the same sound Johnny had. "Maybe we should step inside," Stark quickly made for the door. "I'm suddenly very curious about those Doom Rates."

User avatar
jemal
Hero
Hero
Posts: 1574
Joined: Wed Feb 20, 2013 10:36 pm

Re: Gaming W/Jemal: New Avengers Issue 1: DOOM

Postby jemal » Sun Aug 04, 2013 4:49 am

Vision searches his memory banks, and comes up with a 95% match to a recording made at one of the Doom attacked sites, though none in the group can pinpoint the direction - it seems to be echoing and coming from multiple angles at once.

As the group quickly steps inside, the man behind the counter quickly finishes whispering into the phone and sets it down, looking up at the group and licking his lips somewhat nervously
"Hello, you are English, yes? Tourist or business?" His smile is wide but a bit forced, and he glances out the window every few seconds.

Does anybody stay outside?

User avatar
Walking Dad
Luminary
Luminary
Posts: 2599
Joined: Tue Feb 26, 2008 2:51 am
Location: Germany

Re: Gaming W/Jemal: New Avengers Issue 1: DOOM

Postby Walking Dad » Sun Aug 04, 2013 5:33 am

The Vision
Character Sheet - HP: 2 - Condition: normal

The Vision moves inside with the others, but the man behind the counter makes a quick rely of his newfound information impossible. He tries to keep away from the windows and to determine if the floor will sustain the great weight of his increased density setting.
English isn't my native language. Have patience, please.

WD's PbP characters (3e)
Martian Manhunter builds

User avatar
Mark Reuter
Overlord
Overlord
Posts: 4924
Joined: Mon Apr 30, 2007 9:08 pm

Re: Gaming W/Jemal: New Avengers Issue 1: DOOM

Postby Mark Reuter » Mon Aug 05, 2013 7:20 am

jemal wrote:Vision searches his memory banks, and comes up with a 95% match to a recording made at one of the Doom attacked sites, though none in the group can pinpoint the direction - it seems to be echoing and coming from multiple angles at once.

As the group quickly steps inside, the man behind the counter quickly finishes whispering into the phone and sets it down, looking up at the group and licking his lips somewhat nervously
"Hello, you are English, yes? Tourist or business?" His smile is wide but a bit forced, and he glances out the window every few seconds.

Does anybody stay outside?


OOC: Bruce is staying outside, curious as to what the Iron Man sounding noise is.

User avatar
jemal
Hero
Hero
Posts: 1574
Joined: Wed Feb 20, 2013 10:36 pm

Re: Gaming W/Jemal: New Avengers Issue 1: DOOM

Postby jemal » Sat Aug 10, 2013 11:46 pm

Vision takes a quick assessment of the floor as he enters and concludes that there is no basement, so the foundation of the building is as solid as the street outside.
Everybody else piles in with vision while Bruce calmly sits in the back of the truck waiting for the noise to approach. As the door closes behind the others, he sees a pair of shapes trailing jet-streams crest over a building several blocks down, heading towards him. About 6 blocks away, he can tell that they are humanoid shaped and a dull gray in colour, much like a less streamlined Ironman suit.


Return to “M&M Game Room”



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests