D&D Type Fantasy Setting 3E OOC

This forum is the place for Mutants & Masterminds Play-By-Post games. Please read the M&M Game Room rules before starting or joining a game. Enjoy!
WhiteeeKing
Bystander
Bystander

Re: D&D Type Fantasy Setting 3E OOC

Postby WhiteeeKing » Wed Aug 14, 2013 11:40 am

When I first expressed interest in this game, I never would have thought my priest of Sune would be SO in the right place and with the perfect company...

Bladewind
Overlord
Overlord

Postby Bladewind » Wed Aug 14, 2013 11:41 am

EPIC wrote:Extra effort is on your turn only. There is no way to act out of initiative order without setting it up on your own turn, such as by withholding your actions or preparing an action.

Point of order old chap... (although it still requires you to have the advantage) there is always Seize Initiative... :mrgreen:

Bending Equalist
Sidekick
Sidekick

Postby Bending Equalist » Wed Aug 14, 2013 11:46 am

EPIC wrote:The only character without even 1 rank is Veshani.
I thought about it, 1 rank I mean.I was having to cut back on points in the end. So it didn't make it :(
Stuff I've Made - Obligatory Character Thread

WhiteeeKing
Bystander
Bystander

Postby WhiteeeKing » Wed Aug 14, 2013 11:48 am

You could always spend a future pp on it - a permanent charm cast by a friendly Sunite priest or something ;)

flynnarrel
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby flynnarrel » Wed Aug 14, 2013 11:53 am

EPIC wrote:And this isn't even taking Flyn's late entry into account, but Tania probably has at least 1 rank of attractive as well.

She's not got the rank yet, but maybe I can jigger a point somewhere. Or leave it that her looks are so inhumanly exotic it doesn't count as an attractive bonus, but she is pretty, trust us.

Or perhaps the queen of the Faeries marred her in some way before dismissing her from service for disobedience. That'd be neat too.

EPIC
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby EPIC » Wed Aug 14, 2013 12:22 pm

Bladewind wrote:
EPIC wrote:Extra effort is on your turn only. There is no way to act out of initiative order without setting it up on your own turn, such as by withholding your actions or preparing an action.

Point of order old chap... (although it still requires you to have the advantage) there is always Seize Initiative... :mrgreen:

Seize Init is only used when determining init order. It doesn't let you change your init once battle has started.

Bladewind
Overlord
Overlord

Postby Bladewind » Wed Aug 14, 2013 12:28 pm

You got me ther EPIC...

Bending Equalist
Sidekick
Sidekick

Postby Bending Equalist » Wed Aug 14, 2013 12:35 pm

Actually, your init can change through delaying, can't it? Also, focusing. So shouldn't Seize Initiative change it also?

EPIC
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby EPIC » Wed Aug 14, 2013 12:37 pm

That aside.. I cannot beleive we are actually talking about possibly adding to the collective ranks of attractive already stacked for this group. >_< Whatever happened to niches? We already have 3 "the pretty one" lol.

EPIC
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby EPIC » Wed Aug 14, 2013 12:39 pm

Bending Equalist wrote:Actually, your init can change through delaying, can't it? Also, focusing. So shouldn't Seize Initiative change it also?

Delaying changes your init down, Refocus does not exist in 3E. And Seize Init specifically says it is used when determining initiative as though you rolled a 20 for a Hero Point.

You cannot reroll your init mid combat, so you cannot use seize init once init is established. Heck, you can't even use it once you've already rolled for init and decide you don't like your roll. It's not a safety net for that.

Bending Equalist
Sidekick
Sidekick

Postby Bending Equalist » Wed Aug 14, 2013 1:10 pm

EPIC wrote:That aside.. I cannot beleive we are actually talking about possibly adding to the collective ranks of attractive already stacked for this group. >_< Whatever happened to niches? We already have 3 "the pretty one" lol.
D&D 90210? :P

drothgery
Collaborator
Collaborator

Postby drothgery » Wed Aug 14, 2013 1:42 pm

I mean, Jeran has a rank of Attractive and relatively speaking, he's not 'the pretty one' or even close to it...
Dave Rothgery
long time lurker, only recent poster ...
Lady Lillian Firestorm
Abigalan S'Mirat
Jeran
Tessa Testarossa

EPIC
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby EPIC » Wed Aug 14, 2013 2:06 pm

drothgery wrote:I mean, Jeran has a rank of Attractive and relatively speaking, he's not 'the pretty one' or even close to it...

Arawn, Ashurei and Amadethyn all have two ranks. They are "the pretty ones".

It makes the most sense for Ashurei as the bard, and Arawn (though he could just as easily get along with 1 rank. Not every Sunit has Attractive 2 after all) comes in second. Amadethyn, well, hot elf chick, so yeah.

Also note, not having the feat does not mean you are unattractive. The feat represents knowing how to use your looks to your advantage in social situations or being so attractive or having some quality to your looks that people can't help but be more pliant when you speak.

Ashurei is a half elf bard with exotic dusky skin and light hair. He specifically tailors his appearance to be as attractive as possible because it's good for business.

flynnarrel
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby flynnarrel » Wed Aug 14, 2013 2:15 pm

EPIC wrote:That aside.. I cannot beleive we are actually talking about possibly adding to the collective ranks of attractive already stacked for this group. >_< Whatever happened to niches? We already have 3 "the pretty one" lol.

There are Niches - the pretty one that sings, the pretty one that re-arranges your mind, the pretty one that prays to the goddess of pretty ones,... etc.

Bending Equalist
Sidekick
Sidekick

Postby Bending Equalist » Wed Aug 14, 2013 2:18 pm

THE UGLY ONE

Dear lord that makes too much sense

Return to “M&M Game Room”