DCU Ch 2. Into the Sand Castle(IC)

This forum is the place for Mutants & Masterminds Play-By-Post games. Please read the M&M Game Room rules before starting or joining a game. Enjoy!
SilvercatMoonpaw
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Re: DCU Ch 2. Into the Sand Castle(IC)

Postby SilvercatMoonpaw » Sat Aug 10, 2013 2:40 pm

Tomato
HP: 2 (1 spent)
Condition: -1 Hit
Will: 1d20+10=13, HP reroll: 1d20+10=14

The snake tries to coil its way around Tomato, but the closer it gets to her the more the mist vanishes as if being burned off by a source of heat. Heat which appears to be coming right off Tomato's glowing skin.

"You got lucky with that mirror trick. Not again."

drothgery
Collaborator
Collaborator

Postby drothgery » Sat Aug 10, 2013 4:14 pm

SilvercatMoonpaw wrote:Tomato
Toughness reoll: 1d20+8=11+10 = 21, -1 Hit

... +5, as Melifecent's attack was before Tessa's turn, so Inspire was still in effect.

Will check (1d20+12=18)
Why couldn't he have really turned into a snake? That never helps. (also, if he were really grabbing us, Tessa would be immune)
Dave Rothgery
long time lurker, only recent poster ...
Lady Lillian Firestorm
Abigalan S'Mirat
Jeran
Tessa Testarossa

Hound
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Hound » Sat Aug 10, 2013 4:18 pm

21+5=26. The damage was 29. so she is correct, just -1. If she was not counting the +5 she would be dazed as well.

So Tessa is Immobile and Disabled by a Will effect. At the end of each turn she may make a new will save, however she is taking a -5 to that save from the disabled effect, to get over the effect.
"Whats wrong? You came here expecting to fight a madman, and instead found a god!?"
My Characters

drothgery
Collaborator
Collaborator

Postby drothgery » Sat Aug 10, 2013 4:32 pm

yikes. Is it too late to spend a hero point? I didn't quite realize an 18 was bad enough for two degrees of failure there ... hp reroll of will check (1d20+12=32)
Dave Rothgery
Lady Lillian Firestorm
Abigalan S'Mirat
Jeran
Tessa Testarossa

roguescribner
Paragon
Paragon

Postby roguescribner » Sat Aug 10, 2013 8:20 pm

Donatello
HP: 2 / LP: 0
Condition: Hindered / Impaired

Donatello realized he was no match against the evil wizard's magic. Orko and Tessa would be better suited, he thought. Jafar remained in the gas cloud from his grenade, so Donatello took the opportunity to focus on a more corporeal target. The Shadow Man's curse struck him and messed with his brain, but that wasn't enough to stop the ninja turtle from attacking. "Hey, Shadow Man! I think you hit a sour note!" Donatello unleashed a barrage of shuriken at the dancing man.

OOC wrote:Jafar is still in the sleep cloud, so Donatello will leave him be and concentrate on the voodoo guy. Will check: 1d20+8=23
There's no guarantee my roll would improve if I rerolled, so I guess I'll go with it. One degree of failure. I'm hindered and impaired (half-speed, -2 to checks).
1d20+15=27 -2 is 25. DC 24 multi-attack. If that exceeds his defense by 2 degrees, then it's DC 26.
GM - Age of Heroes Chapter 2
Sarvak - The Injustice Gang

Hound
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Hound » Sat Aug 10, 2013 9:21 pm

The stars stab into the Shadow man's torso(1d20+14-1=22 2nd bruise), and the man growls with rage, "Hey come on man, I just got this suit!"

Jafar frowns as he stares at Tessa, "Rabbit." (1d20+12=18, just barely hits)

"Polymorph" Ranged Affliction 16: Entranced, Stunned, Transformed[Rabbit, mental, magical powers remain, but physical attributes are changed. If this occurs, you'll get the "new" sheet.] Cumulative, Progressive

Round 2
Donatello 22
Jafar 21 (1 Will Power Bruise, Staggered)
Orko 18
Malificent 18 (2 Bruise, Dazed)
Tessa 17
Felicia 16 (Quit)
Goku 16
Tomato 15 (1 Bruise)
Doctor Facilier "The Shadow Man" 14 (2 Bruise)
Captain Planet (MIA?)

Orko is up next.
"Whats wrong? You came here expecting to fight a madman, and instead found a god!?"
My Characters

drothgery
Collaborator
Collaborator

Postby drothgery » Sat Aug 10, 2013 9:42 pm

Will check to resist (1d20+12=23) Not good, but I've only got one Hero Point left and I don't want to use Luck on myself when I can only do that because I set up the power wrong ...
Dave Rothgery
Lady Lillian Firestorm
Abigalan S'Mirat
Jeran
Tessa Testarossa

Bladewind
Overlord
Overlord

Re: DCU Ch 1. "Where have all the Heroes gone?"(IC)

Postby Bladewind » Mon Aug 12, 2013 6:54 am

Orko
Character Sheet
Condition: Normal
HP: 1

Orko really doesn't like these villains. But oddly enough, he seems to have an easier time assessing or processing their abilities than he would have had with the "super-villains" that the group had encountered previously. Magic and shapeshifting he understands. Well, he has experience with. That is, he's encountered it before.

Oddly, not being able to count on He-Man or She-Ra has boosted the floating blue imp's confidence somewhat...

Energy ripples out as he speaks another almost nonsensical rhyme, but Orko seems more intent on something else.

1d20+9=18 (Attack)
In the off chance that actually hits, the DC is 27

Orko seems to blend into the shadows despite his garishly colored outfit and accessories...

Hide in Plain Sight (Move Action)
1d20+13=21

Hound
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Hound » Mon Aug 12, 2013 10:08 am

Orko still needs to roll a Will check vs Shadow man, oh well

Thanks to Tess distracting the mighty sorcerer, Orko is able to hit him square in the back, despite his hat falling into his eyes at the last second. (1d20+15-1=15) Jafar bursts into a cloud of smoke, and the smoke slowly drifts to the ground, heavier than air, and unmoving.

Round 2
Donatello 22
Jafar 21 (2 Will Power Bruise, Incapacitated)
Orko 18
Malificent 18 (2 Bruise)
Tessa 17 (Entranced)
Felicia 16 (Quit)
Goku 16
Tomato 15 (1 Bruise)
Doctor Facilier "The Shadow Man" 14 (2 Bruise)
Captain Planet (MIA?)

Malificent pulls herself out of the rubble just in time to watch her alley fall, "Jafar you fool!"

The large dragon like lady bull rushes Goku in anger, attempting to rend him where the powerful horns upon her head. (Power attack: 1d20+14-5=20, Toughness DC 34)
My Characters

drothgery
Collaborator
Collaborator

Postby drothgery » Mon Aug 12, 2013 12:26 pm

Dave Rothgery
Lady Lillian Firestorm
Abigalan S'Mirat
Jeran
Tessa Testarossa

Hound
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Hound » Mon Aug 12, 2013 12:30 pm

Goku and Tomato are up. If you haven't yet rolled for Shadow man's will attack, make sure you do.
My Characters

SilvercatMoonpaw
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby SilvercatMoonpaw » Mon Aug 12, 2013 3:09 pm

Tomato
HP: 2 (1 spent)
Condition: -1 Hit

With one arm Tomato scoops up the kitten and with the other whips a mass of vines at the skull-faced man.
"Vines" on Facilier
attack: 1d20+13=19, 19 Dodge vs Hindered + Vulnerable, Defenseless + Immobile

Adventure Dan
Cohort
Cohort

Postby Adventure Dan » Mon Aug 12, 2013 5:50 pm

Goku
HP: 0
Condition: Hindered/Impaired

Dodge (DC 24): 1d20+14=32
Will (DC 17): 1d20+10=13
One failure against Demon Swamp Snake.

Goku leaped out of the magical cloud, but not before its mental influence caused his muscles to tighten and make it harder to move. He still managed to avoid Maleficent's aggressive attack, flipping over her head and sending another energy blast at her from above.

Maleficent fails to hit Goku's DC 22 defenses. Move action to jump (Leaping 4) over her. Move-by Action to attack with a Ki Blast from above and then land behind her.
Impaired attack check: 1d20+10-2=25
Toughness DC 29

Hound
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Hound » Mon Aug 12, 2013 6:22 pm

Goku's acrobatic assault lands home, knocking the off balance sorceress off her feet again. Meanwhile Tomato 's vines wrap around the tall skinny man. "Seems I'm in a bind." He sneers, before vanishing in a puff of green smoke.

He reappears beside the recovering Malificent and touches her arm, "We've delayed them long enough, let's go." With another poof and more green smoke, the two were gone.

Jafar's black cloud body remains unmoving on the ground. Suddenly the building begins to shake. Orko can sense the magic leaving the structure, while Goku can sense all of the guards vanishing.

The comm-link chirps, and Amethyst cuts in, "The shielding is gone. I can freely open portals and communicate now." She sounds cheerful, blissfully unaware of what had transpired inside the castle.

A support beam gives way, and Tomato narrowly dodges being flattened... The castle will be gone in moments...
My Characters

roguescribner
Paragon
Paragon

Postby roguescribner » Mon Aug 12, 2013 6:38 pm

Donatello
HP: 2 / LP: 0
Condition: Hindered / Impaired

Donatello whipped out his bo staff, readying another attack against the skinny voodoo man when suddenly he and the dragon lady disappeared. The room shook violently and it soon became apparent that it was no longer safe to remain inside the castle. "This train's leaving the station! We need to evacuate NOW!" He just hoped his injuries wouldn't keep him from following his own advice. "Hey. Princess Lady! Think one of those fancy portals could open up HERE?!"
GM - Age of Heroes Chapter 2
Sarvak - The Injustice Gang

Return to “M&M Game Room”