DCU Ch 2. Into the Sand Castle(IC)

This forum is the place for Mutants & Masterminds Play-By-Post games. Please read the M&M Game Room rules before starting or joining a game. Enjoy!
roguescribner
Paragon
Paragon

Re: DCU Ch 2. Into the Sand Castle(IC)

Postby roguescribner » Thu Aug 08, 2013 10:31 am

Donatello
HP: 3 / LP: 0
Condition: Fine

Donatello felt a twinge in his brain as Jafar spoke his command. His adrenaline was still pumping from his anger towards the evil wizard, so Jafar's attempt at mind control failed. "No," the ninja turtle shot back. "Do it yourself! Oh, wait a minute..."

OOC wrote:will (1d20+8=13) even with Tessa's +5 I don't like. HP reroll!
will reroll (1d20+8=27)
I make it.
2 HP left.
GM - Age of Heroes Chapter 2
Sarvak - The Injustice Gang

Spectrum
Titan
Titan

Postby Spectrum » Thu Aug 08, 2013 5:51 pm

Felicia

The young catgirl was firmly hit by the magical bolt.. a sudden poof of smoke.. and then she was gone. In her place was a small tan fluffy kitten.

Bladewind
Overlord
Overlord

Re: DCU Ch 1. "Where have all the Heroes gone?"(IC)

Postby Bladewind » Thu Aug 08, 2013 6:46 pm

Orko
Character Sheet
Condition: Normal
HP: 1

"Geez. This guy has even less personality than Hordak !"

Orko's sceptre glows as he waves his free hand.

"With power at hand and will to spare, the world of Tralla is mine to share !"

Maddening Blast: Damage 12 [Resisted by Will; Ranged]
Using the maddening blast to give Jaffar a glimpse of wild magic...

1d20+9+5=20 Really ? Even with the +5?
Spend HP 1d20+9+5=18 sigh. But at least that becomes a 28. DC is 27.

Hound
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Hound » Fri Aug 09, 2013 11:11 am

Orko

As Orko's second blast struck Jafar but he was ready this time. The mouth of the serpant staff opened up and swallowed the energy before it could harm the wizard. (1d20+15-1=32)

Meanwhile the dragon witch raised her clawed hands and swung, trying to claw both Goku and Tomato at the same time.

1d20+14-1=28, 1d20+14-1=29 Both hit both players. Strength Based Damage, with Multiattack. DC 29 each. No other special mods.

Round 2
Donatello 22
Jafar 21 (1 Will Power Bruise, Staggered)
Orko 18
Malificent 18 (1 Bruise)
Tessa 17
Felicia 16 (Quit)
Goku 16
Tomato 15
Doctor Facilier "The Shadow Man" 14 (1 Bruise)
Captain Planet (MIA?)

Tessa, Goku, and Tomato are all up. Don't forget Tessa's luck offer.
"Whats wrong? You came here expecting to fight a madman, and instead found a god!?"
My Characters

SilvercatMoonpaw
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby SilvercatMoonpaw » Fri Aug 09, 2013 4:11 pm

Tomato
HP: 3 (1 spent)
Spectrum wrote:The young catgirl was firmly hit by the magical bolt.. a sudden poof of smoke.. and then she was gone. In her place was a small tan fluffy kitten.

"Catgirl-who's-name-escapes-me?

"Uh-oh."

Tomato immediately leapt between the kitten and the villain, her large sword ready to swat away any attack.
Power Stunt: Deflect 14 off of Horn of Durian array, HP buy-off Fatigue
I'm going to pre-roll for one ranged attack just so we don't have to wait for me: 1d20+14=30

Adventure Dan
Cohort
Cohort

Postby Adventure Dan » Fri Aug 09, 2013 6:07 pm

Goku
HP: 0
Condition: Normal

Toughness (DC 29): 1d20+12=28
+5 from Tessa for no damage.

Goku took a hop back, Maleficent's claws tearing into his clothing, but otherwise failing to injure the Saiyan. If he couldn't fight her in hand-to-hand combat without risk to himself, he would have to battle at a distance. Goku glanced at the red-haired woman, wondering why she had stepped away from the fight. "What are you do-AH!" His mouth dropped when he saw that the cat-girl was now just... cat. "What happened to her?"

Goku turned back to glare at Maleficent. "Is this part of your dark magic?" he questioned. Without waiting for a reply, he threw forward a blast of energy, shouting, "HIYAH!"

Move action to jump back. Standard action to attack with a Ki Blast (Ranged Damage 14).
Attack check: 1d20+10=11
Nope.
Last edited by Adventure Dan on Sat Aug 10, 2013 1:19 pm, edited 3 times in total.

drothgery
Collaborator
Collaborator

Postby drothgery » Fri Aug 09, 2013 6:33 pm

Tessa
HP: 2 Luck: 4/5 (others only)* Condition: Keeping up a confident appearance

Yeah, that attack was before Tessa's turn, so Inspire is still in effect for defending against it and any reactions that key off of that.

Hoping that the catgirl turned into a cat on purpose no matter how many laws of physics that broke, Tessa tried to size up the 'man' that was giving Orko and Donnie so much trouble.

Assessment of Jafar; free action, Insight +13

She was going to make a gamble. Those three may have spied on some -- or even all -- of her experience inside that mirror, though she doubted it if simply because there were only three of them and seven heroes hand been trapped. But to anyone who didn't know her, she'd look like a cute teenage girl playing dress-up in a sailor's uniform.

The more talkative of the men wore clothes that suggested pre-Islamic Arabia, which in turn suggested he would have a low opinion of any woman's competence, especially if she lacked Tomato's obvious physical strength and did not give the slightest hint of this so-called 'magic'. Perhaps he could be distracted. Though after giving a rousing speech just before, he probably would not believe anything that suggested she was giving up.

"Putting so much power in something this small is complicated." Tessa said, trying to suggest she was talking to herself as she fumbled with her pistol. And while that statement was true, it was also true that the complexity of the internals of her weapon didn't mean firing it was complex at all. Or that she didn't understand the physics that made it work; she'd built it herself, after all. "And so many settings. Which is the right one?" She half-stumbled on purpose, not accidentally.

Feint as a move action: Deception vs Jafar + Very Attractive - Move Action (1d20+13+5-5=28); use Set-Up to transfer the bonus to Donnie and Orko. If Deception vs his Deception or Insight succeeds, Jafar is Vulnerable vs Orko and Donnie's next attack until the end of Tessa's next turn

"Oh, this one." She said, and fired. The bolt of energy went wide, but perhaps that would be more convincing.

* As currently constructed, it looks like she can use her Luck on herself, but that was not my intention, and is one of several reasons why after this combat I'm going to propose a stack of mostly minor changes to Tessa to clean up some things I've noticed in play.
Dave Rothgery
long time lurker, only recent poster ...
Lady Lillian Firestorm
Abigalan S'Mirat
Jeran
Tessa Testarossa

Hound
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Hound » Fri Aug 09, 2013 9:47 pm

Jafar turned to the silver haired girl and gave an actual look of pity, "In of your head I see. Don't worry to much dear, you'll be dead soon."

Jafar's back is now turned to Donatello and Orko.

Before I do Goku's action, does Tessa want to Tactically instruct Goku and give him a Luck re-roll?
"Whats wrong? You came here expecting to fight a madman, and instead found a god!?"
My Characters

drothgery
Collaborator
Collaborator

Postby drothgery » Sat Aug 10, 2013 5:08 am

Hound wrote:
Before I do Goku's action, does Tessa want to Tactically instruct Goku and give him a Luck re-roll?

Thinking about it for a bit, yes. Normally I'd be more inclined to use that ability defensively, but these guys are pretty hard to hit, so giving another shot while Inspire is still in effect seems like a good idea.
Dave Rothgery
Lady Lillian Firestorm
Abigalan S'Mirat
Jeran
Tessa Testarossa

SilvercatMoonpaw
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby SilvercatMoonpaw » Sat Aug 10, 2013 5:19 am

Tomato
HP: 3
Condition: -1 Hit, Staggered
Toughness: 1d20+8=14, -1 Hit and Staggered

drothgery
Collaborator
Collaborator

Postby drothgery » Sat Aug 10, 2013 5:25 am

Tessa
HP 2 Luck: 2/4 Condition: Calculating

On the other hand, this doesn't take much thinking about; give Tomato a reroll there. Down 2 points of Luck.

(assuming with a reroll and the +5 from Inspire, both Tomato's defense and Goku's attack succeed)
- going back in time to Melifecent's actions -

As Melificent drew back to attack, vectors extrapolated in Tessa's had. Probable attacks, results, openings that would leave. "Dive this way" She shouted at Goku, and hoped he would listen to her. The dragon-woman-thing would have to overcommit to Tomato, but she would hesitate, and Tessa thought that would give a warrior like Tomato enough time to set her defenses. And would leave the dragon wide open for a counterattack.
Dave Rothgery
Lady Lillian Firestorm
Abigalan S'Mirat
Jeran
Tessa Testarossa

Adventure Dan
Cohort
Cohort

Postby Adventure Dan » Sat Aug 10, 2013 1:17 pm

Goku

Attack check reroll: 1d20+10=24
Thanks, drothgery. I think that might be a hit. DC 29 Toughness if it is. Goku's active defenses return to 12.

SilvercatMoonpaw
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby SilvercatMoonpaw » Sat Aug 10, 2013 1:52 pm

Tomato
HP: 3
Condition: -1 Hit
Toughness reoll: 1d20+8=11+10 = 21, -1 Hit

Hound
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Hound » Sat Aug 10, 2013 2:21 pm

Round 2
Donatello 22
Jafar 21 (1 Will Power Bruise, Staggered)
Orko 18
Malificent 18 (2 Bruise, Dazed)
Tessa 17
Felicia 16 (Quit)
Goku 16
Tomato 15 (1 Bruise)
Doctor Facilier "The Shadow Man" 14 (1 Bruise)
Captain Planet (MIA?)

Goku's energy blast took Malificent in the chest(1d20+16-1=18) Lifting off the ground and slamming into a nearby wall, bruising and dazing her.

Tomato switches to defend the fluffy kitchen, and herself.

The shadow man dances and sings as the room begins to fill with and off green smoke, "...I got friends, on the other side... Care to meet one?" The smoke began to form a snake like cloud, which then began to coil and turn around the heroes, trying to bind and constrict their movements, but something was wrong, it didn't seem to be constricting muscles... it felt more like it was squeezing their minds...

Voodoo curse #3 "Demon Swamp Snake": Shapeable Area Affliction 14(Hindered/Impaired, Immobile/Disabled) Limited Degree, Resisted by Will Power. All heroes affected.

Back up to Donnie!
My Characters

Walking Dad
Luminary
Luminary

Postby Walking Dad » Sat Aug 10, 2013 2:38 pm

Captain Planet
Character Sheet - HP: 4 - Condition: normal

Alright, I'm back, sorry to let you wait. I will just assume the last position in initiative order. This will give me me a bit time to sort out what is happening, alright?
English isn't my native language. Have patience, please.

WD's PbP characters (3e)
Martian Manhunter builds

Return to “M&M Game Room”