Interworld [IC] {Closed}

This forum is the place for Mutants & Masterminds Play-By-Post games. Please read the M&M Game Room rules before starting or joining a game. Enjoy!
Weyrd
Fanatic
Fanatic

Re: Interworld [IC]

Postby Weyrd » Wed Aug 14, 2013 6:41 am

Joei
HP: 1

"Tunneling would be unwise with out a blueprint containing the supporting elements of the structure. I could inadvertently bring down a wall and kill us or our intended target. I suggest taking out the camera in a way that does not betray our presence. It will by us a little time to searched unhindered while they attempt to diagnose and fix the problem. We should hurry, this environment does not appear to be that safe for organic beings."

Evolución
Paragon
Paragon

Postby Evolución » Wed Aug 14, 2013 6:57 am

[quote=Jonah Hechtsen]"Geez, Herc, you look awful."[/quote]
"What do you mea... Oh... I see what you mean. Its a nerve gas! A solvent used normally for apolar solutions, but causes neural inhibition when applied in higher doses!" the alchemist scientist hybrid exclaims.

SaintVierzehn
Hireling
Hireling

Postby SaintVierzehn » Thu Aug 15, 2013 8:31 am

Jonah Hechtsen

HP/LP: 1,1

"I can destroy the camera without being seen, but that's sure to raise an alarm. It may be time to abandon the subtle approach."

Jonah draws a knife.
-Saint Vierzehn.

Weyrd
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby Weyrd » Thu Aug 15, 2013 8:33 am

Joei
HP: 1 Cond: Normal

"If we can identify points of entry our adversaries will be using I can create barriers to slow their process."

flynnarrel
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby flynnarrel » Thu Aug 15, 2013 9:47 am

The hall you face ends in a T intersection about 50 feet away. You can't see if there are additional entrances on the two branching hallways.

Herculio, you avoid getting worse, but are still Impaired and Vulnerable for the time being.

J'Kara (If only to temporarily remove her) gets a full dose of gas and seems to be sputtering, unable to respond.

Captain Jericho is once again fine.

ursinethemadbear
Zealot
Zealot

Postby ursinethemadbear » Thu Aug 15, 2013 2:42 pm

Sorry, everybody, my computer died, and it took me a few days to get it working again.
Life is what happens while I am busy gaming.
I use DCA, unless I state otherwise, all my posts are for DCA. I assume that 3ed is the same, but might be wrong in specific areas.

ursinethemadbear
Zealot
Zealot

Postby ursinethemadbear » Sat Aug 17, 2013 10:00 am

Captain Jericho Terrence Victory
HP: 2 LP: 3
Condition: Normal

"JOEI, use your nanites to pull in and break down this gas. Jonah, can you disable the moving joint on the camera when it is looking to the side? Maybe we will get lucky and they will think the motor malfunctioned.
Life is what happens while I am busy gaming.
I use DCA, unless I state otherwise, all my posts are for DCA. I assume that 3ed is the same, but might be wrong in specific areas.

flynnarrel
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby flynnarrel » Sat Aug 17, 2013 6:02 pm

JOEI, the air purification you could produce would be very localized. They'd have to be very close to you for any benefit.

Jonah, with your Speed, you could get there. It would be a Technology role to disable the turning mechanism.

SaintVierzehn
Hireling
Hireling

Postby SaintVierzehn » Mon Aug 19, 2013 5:36 am

Jonah Hechtsen

HP/LP: 1,1

"I'll try."

Jonah counted down the camera cycle, trying to catch it pointed away. A gust as he invoked Racing the Wind, and...

-Saint Vierzehn.

flynnarrel
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby flynnarrel » Mon Aug 19, 2013 9:20 am

GM

Though his magics lent him the speed to cross the intervening distance his examination and fiddling with the revolving mechanism take a stressful few seconds. Jonah manages to wrench the mechanism, jamming it to inoperability. The camera stops just before panning back to the main hallway. It's not the prettiest job, and obvious that it was jimmied, but it bought several precious seconds.

Emerging into the hallway the Interworld Agents can see through the windows of the doors to the right and left that there are cages inside the small, windowless rooms. In each there are test animals. In one a trio on chimpanzees have multi-colored wires running into their brains, in another, and handful of dogs in varying breeds have their bodies partially mechanized, another contains a brace of orangutans, metal claws for hands and feet, in one last a massive gorilla has a robotic right arm grossly inproportional to it's left.

At the T-intersection, the left-hand passage leads to a heavy security door, the right-hand passage (the one the camera points down) leads to a normal-looking door from which abundant, if unappetizing, food smells issue forth.

flynnarrel
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby flynnarrel » Tue Aug 20, 2013 2:06 pm

Anything need clarification?

Weyrd
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby Weyrd » Wed Aug 21, 2013 9:11 am

Joei
HP: 1 Cond: Normal

The choice seems obvious and Joei carefully slithers along the walls and ceiling toward the security door. He inspects the door, checking to see if it is water tight. He also inspects the hallway to see if there are any vents or air ducts that seem like they may lead to the other side of the door.

flynnarrel
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby flynnarrel » Thu Aug 22, 2013 1:18 pm

JOEI finds that the security door, though thick, was not built with nanite-comprised intruders in mind. He'll have to leave any equipment behind (including communicator). But he can slip through.

[There is a ventilation system in this hall but it does not seems to be directly connected to the other hall behind the security door. More extensive exploration and mapping would need to be performed to see if going to the central blowing unit could eventually get you back down here.]

Does he want to slip through, or explore the ventilation system, or something else?

flynnarrel
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby flynnarrel » Sun Aug 25, 2013 12:51 am

Anyone else trying anything else while JOEI is deciding?

Evolución
Paragon
Paragon

Herculio

Postby Evolución » Sun Aug 25, 2013 11:55 am

The scientist remains stationary, looking about for any incoming trouble.

OOC: Just standing by.

Return to “M&M Game Room”