Interworld [IC] {Closed}

This forum is the place for Mutants & Masterminds Play-By-Post games. Please read the M&M Game Room rules before starting or joining a game. Enjoy!
flynnarrel
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Interworld [IC] {Closed}

Postby flynnarrel » Wed May 15, 2013 4:48 pm

Chapter 1, A Recruitment Job.

Your feet crunch down in baked sand as you land on the side of a wind-carved dune in a seemingly empty desert of this particular Earth. The first rays of a blueish-cast sun crest a hill, casting purples and violets across the reddened sky.

The Joey here, located in a settlement just over the Northern dune, tripped the sensors just hours ago, twice. You determine, from local time, he must have Walked in his sleep, then Walked back to his bed; it's unusual enough that your whole team was dispatched by the Old Man (The Joe in charge of Interworld Team Assignments) to bring him back to Interworld for training and study.

Equipment assignment for field work is always tricky. Interworld has some miraculous gadgets of either magical or technological power, but they all can be rendered useless (and worse, degraded) by one errant Walk to an oppositely-aligned Earth.

This is a medium-level magic-skewed earth and, as such, the inhabitants can look like anything. The best Interworld was able to offer were hooded cloaks and theatrical make-up that you could hopefully apply once you get an idea of the locals. [Interworld's official policy is to try to operate in secrecy where possible, but getting a Walker is more important than not freaking the locals.]

Before you can determine how to proceed, the ground shifts around you and creatures the size of Moles but with strong-looking fanged-teeth and dark scales drag themselves out of burrows in the sand. There are about 20 of them.

J.O.E.I, please give me a Will roll, to see how you fare in a this Magical world.

Stuff on you - three days food and water, and a salve that, when applied, protects from environmental cold, heat, and radiation for 8 hours. If you stay here for when the sun is fully up, some of you may need to apply this. A pocket-sized rebreather. The aforementioned hooded cloaks and make-up.
And, of course whatever is on your character.
Last edited by flynnarrel on Mon Sep 30, 2013 4:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

SaintVierzehn
Hireling
Hireling

Re: Interworld [IC]

Postby SaintVierzehn » Wed May 15, 2013 7:55 pm

Jonah Hechtsen
HP 1, LP 1
Condition: normal

-Saint Vierzehn.

ursinethemadbear
Zealot
Zealot

Postby ursinethemadbear » Wed May 15, 2013 9:07 pm

Captain Jericho Terrence Victory
HP: 1 LP: 3
Condition: Normal

Initiative Roll wrote:1d20+6=21
Life is what happens while I am busy gaming.
I use DCA, unless I state otherwise, all my posts are for DCA. I assume that 3ed is the same, but might be wrong in specific areas.

Evolución
Paragon
Paragon

Postby Evolución » Thu May 16, 2013 5:52 am

Mister Juan Herculio
HP: 1
CND: Armed and ready.

"Impressive creatures." Herculio comments, his spectacles reflecting the sunlight.

Initiative: 16

Weyrd
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby Weyrd » Thu May 16, 2013 6:05 am

Joei
HP: 1 LP:0
Condition: ?

flynnarrel
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby flynnarrel » Thu May 16, 2013 10:15 am

Jericho
J. Herculio
Jonah
Joei

just waiting on J'Kara

Mark Reuter
Overlord
Overlord

Postby Mark Reuter » Thu May 16, 2013 12:02 pm

J'Kara
HP: 1 LP: 0
Condition: Good

flynnarrel
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby flynnarrel » Thu May 16, 2013 1:07 pm

Initiative order:
Jericho
J'Kara
J. Herculio
Jonah
Joei
Creatures

They have appeared, there's no surprise round. They seem to be drawn to you by scent.

JOEI - some of your outlying nanobots lose cohesion to the whole as the principles forces that keep you together falter somewhat. With an act of will you are able to keep from sloughing off, but your internal sensors register slightly lowered of functionality with your replication array (Healing and Create), [you'll see what happens when you use them]

Everyone, with your first post of action, please recall some aspect of your training with Interworld or adjustment to joining with them.

For Instance, Jericho could talk about how most of the other trainees were younger, and that he'd commanded raw troops more experienced than these children, J.Herculio could talk about a bias against his particular blend of magic and machination, Joei could talk about Interworld scientists poking at him to make sure he wasn't a bomb, and bringing in mystics to confirm that he somehow had a 'soul', etc... have fun with it and reveal something about your character's personality and viewpoint of the world.

ursinethemadbear
Zealot
Zealot

Postby ursinethemadbear » Thu May 16, 2013 6:25 pm

Captain Jericho Terrence Victory
HP: 1 LP: 3
Condition: Normal

"Form ranks, gentlemen. We need to thin their numbers at range." the Captain said as he drew his ion pistol.

'And lets hope I don't get shot by one of my own people. I hate working with civilians, and Interworld is definitely not military.'

Captain Victory took aim on the nearest creature and opened fire. 'At least I am back in the field, and not getting poked by mages trying to figure out why I "feel magical" to them. I hate being a snarking labrat.'

Ion Pistol Attack wrote:1d20+8=18, Toughness resistance DC is 20 if it hits.
Life is what happens while I am busy gaming.
I use DCA, unless I state otherwise, all my posts are for DCA. I assume that 3ed is the same, but might be wrong in specific areas.

Evolución
Paragon
Paragon

Herculio

Postby Evolución » Thu May 16, 2013 6:40 pm

HP: 1
CND:

"We come in peace!" exclaims Herculio with a grin, placing his heavy backpack on the ground, and activating it.
The thing deploys with several puffs of steam and magical sparks into a humanoid figure, in which Herculio Promptly enters. The facial plate lightens up, cyan crystal eyes where Herculio's should be scan the battlefield. A stone of many colours, placed in the chest appears to be the power source of the armor. "Activating systems, set munitions to kill..." his voice comes metallic through the speakers.
This brought up memories from the long hours at the academy workshop. Everyone told him that the mix between technology and magic couldn't work. But he knew better, his world was mostly based on that.
Granted, his armor was nothing that could impress anyone, but it draw the power of a philosopher stone, and turned it into energy to create compressed water vapour that allowed the machinery to work.

Herculio will use this round to get into the armor.
Using well informed for an invetigation roll on these critters to get something about them, perhaps weaknesses, ec: crappy 10

Weyrd
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby Weyrd » Fri May 17, 2013 7:18 am

Joei
Condition: "I feel strange"

Joei felt strange. Stranger even then when those men in robes had stood around him chanting as they checked him for, what did they call it, oh yeah a "soul". (In the end it was inconclusive, but they said he "probably" had one.) The feeling wasn't necessarily bad, it was new and Joei liked new things. He'd seen and done many new things at Interworld. He'd seen a variety of different looking people, learned new ways to manipulate his body, and even tried eating something called "food" with the mouth of his human form (he felt sorry for those who were forced to do this, it seemed much more laborious than breaking down the atomic components directly.) There had been that period where Interworld scientists had studied him to discover if he was a threat or not, that hadn't been new and he hadn't liked that.

But that was over with and now he was out on a new world with his new friends. The sun was blue and the sky purple...that was neat. He'd seen sand before, but never this much so that was exciting. And now there were even these odd looking creatures. They seemed a little aggressive to Joei, however. Apparently the others thought so as well since they were preparing for a fight. He guessed he should as well. He scanned the area for matter that he could consume while he allowed the bonds between nanites that held his physical body together loosen.

Perception: 1d20+5=24, going intangible and prone (he will always go prone when he goes intangible representing him becoming a "puddle" of nano-bots), if he doesn't see any other objects around to weaken he will attempt to weaken the sand.

flynnarrel
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby flynnarrel » Fri May 17, 2013 7:29 am

The sand is probably the hardest thing to Weaken in this area. There are low, thorny brush plants but not dense enough to provide as much usable material.

I'll say that by going Prone you can contact enough surface area of the sand to load 6 points into your Matter creation array.

flynnarrel
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby flynnarrel » Fri May 17, 2013 7:35 am

Captain Jericho did, indeed, Blast one to bits with his ion pistol, though the technological device gives a cough of protest at the use.

Juan Herculio - not heard of these creatures before.

Though if anyone wants to give a free action Expertise - Biology, Nature, etc...

Distance-wise, there are 5 within 15 feet, 10 within 30feet, and 5 out to 45 feet

Mark Reuter
Overlord
Overlord

Postby Mark Reuter » Fri May 17, 2013 8:58 am

J'Kara
Condition: Good

J'Kara looked annoyed with Jericho. "What part of our mission was to kill all indigenous lifeforms except for our target? Do you have any idea what these animals are about? Perhaps one of them was a walker and wouldn't you feel bad about vaporizing one?"

Taking off her hood, J'Kara approaches the nearest group of creatures. Her body language and stealthy movements are to say if you're looking for a meal, you have come to the wrong place.

J'Kara is using her animal empathy to convey to the creatures that they might want to go elsewhere using Intimidate (startle). Also playing up her Laissez Aller and Holding Back Complications.Intimidate (startle): (1d20+17=30)

flynnarrel
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby flynnarrel » Fri May 17, 2013 11:07 am

Just waiting on Jonah's action for Round 1 Summary.

Return to “M&M Game Room”