Young Injustice IC- Chapter 3 Setting Up Shop

This forum is the place for Mutants & Masterminds Play-By-Post games. Please read the M&M Game Room rules before starting or joining a game. Enjoy!
Horsenhero
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Re: Young Injustice IC- Chapter 3 Setting Up Shop

Postby Horsenhero » Sun Apr 20, 2014 1:58 pm

OOC: You are correct EPIC, only the Active Defense is halved, not the Resistance Check.

Bladewind
Overlord
Overlord

Re: Young Injustice IC- Chapter 2 Cosmic Futbol! Goooaaalll!

Postby Bladewind » Sun Apr 20, 2014 5:01 pm

Bladewind wrote:Sekhmet - Theodora "Thea" Adam
HP 3 -> 2
Cond Normal

Acrobatics vs Agile Feint (1d20+5=17)

Dodge (Halved from 7, rounded up) (1d20+4=10)

HP reroll:Dodge (Halved from 7, rounded up) (1d20+4=6) +10 = 16

She's snared pretty well, just in case they are standard bolos and not some weird metal... here's a strength check for my turn: 1d20+9=15 (or not. I hate IC sometimes...)

Forgot the second attack - Second dodge check (1d20+4=16) :roll:

Tattooedman
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Tattooedman » Mon Apr 21, 2014 7:54 am

Undertow:
[Marius]
HP: 0

OOC wrote:Insight vs Feint: _: 1D20+7 = [11]+7 = 18, yeah he's feinted pretty well.
Dodge Check: _: 1D20+4 = [9]+4 = 13.
World of Freedom Setting 3E

"Your ignorance is not my burden."
-- Chiun

Evolución
Paragon
Paragon

King of Spades

Postby Evolución » Mon Apr 21, 2014 12:03 pm

The King just manages to see through one of his attacker's manoeuvres, but for no avail, the weapons warp around him easily, letting him unable to move. He concentrates for a moment, and a sudden wave of wrongness surrounds him, tearing at the bonds. He also uses his strength to try and break the bolos.

Acrobatics vs Feint: 27, pass. Dodge save: 9 Crap.
Acrobatics vs Feint:16 Dodge: 14 Man!
Will his Energy aura work against the bindings? damage DC is 19 if it does. Also a STR check to break the bonds, if that doesn't work: 5 -.- Here's hoping the aura thing works.

Horsenhero
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Horsenhero » Mon Apr 21, 2014 12:17 pm

OOC: Evolucion, King of Spades Aura will work against the bindings. I'll make a Toughness Save for those that he failed his resistance check against.

Bladewind
Overlord
Overlord

Re: Young Injustice IC- Chapter 2 Cosmic Futbol! Goooaaalll!

Postby Bladewind » Mon Apr 21, 2014 1:40 pm

Sekhmet - Theodora "Thea" Adam
HP 2
Cond Normal

Sekhmet swore - in ancient Egyptian. It's very unladylike. As in a "you kiss your mother with that mouth?" moment. She flexed her muscles tentatively against the bolas and then simply leapt at her opponents.

She twisted at the last possible second, using the flat of her back as a battering ram directly into the Talon closest to her.

Don`t have IC at the moment, but... slam attack into one of the Talons. if by some fluke these are minions (which I doubt) she has Takedown 2...

Horsenhero
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Horsenhero » Mon Apr 21, 2014 6:23 pm

Sekhmet-

The semi-divine heroine launches herself at the owl costumed villain, looking to ram him into oblivion. The strike comes so close fibers from the Talon's cloak snag on Thea's fingernails, but he sidesteps the assault.

My roll for Sekhmet. 1d20+9=23. Which juuuuusst misses.

Barring a re-roll from Sekhmet, Warchild is up.

EPIC
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Re: Young Injustice IC- Chapter 1 Beware the Homicide Squad

Postby EPIC » Mon Apr 21, 2014 7:59 pm

Warchild(Lisandra Drakos)
(HP: 3)

Warchild flies upwards and out of reach of conventional melee from the ground and spreads her arms wide. While at first it doesn't seem like anything is happening, suddenly small motes of violet energy appear and start darting about, firing small, concussive blasts of that dimensional energy of hers, peppering all but the Talon that Sekhmet is presently engaging, creating quite the bullet hell.

Attacking 3 with her Bullet Hell multifire attack. It's indirect 4, so she's having them fire from all random directions. Also has ricochet, so they might bounce off the ground or whatever features the battlefield has. This also has homing 2, fyi.

Attack (Multiattack) vs 3 Talons (1d20+10-3=25, 1d20+10-3=10, 1d20+10-3=23) If that 25 hits, it's DC 23

Not sure if you're giving me anything for Indirect/Ricochet (like, surprised this one time, but catch on for future uses) on this, so I'm not going to hero point that third roll, besides, Homing 2, I get 2 more tries on subsequent turns.

Heritage367
Hireling
Hireling

Postby Heritage367 » Tue Apr 22, 2014 8:39 am

Deep Freeze
HP: 2
CND: Snared

Insight vs Acrobatic Feints: 1d20+5=14, 1d20+5=6
Half Dodge vs Bolos: 1d20+3=8, 1d20+3=18

I think maybe one of them didn't get her? Either way, I think she's good and snared!

"Crap!" With the bolos wrapped around her, Deep Freeze fell to the hard floor of the docking area; her armored snowsuit took the brunt of the impact, but it still knocked the wind out of her and rattled her teeth. More painful was looking like an amateur in front of her current employers, and besides who uses bolos in the Twenty-First Century?

"I can get out of this," she grunted. "Just give me a minute." Still on the ground, Anna doubled over until she got a good look at the taut cords binding her; she then took a deep breath and blew of jet of sub-freezing air right onto them, hoping to make them brittle enough to snap.

I'm thinking this might be a good use of her Precise Penetrating Damage 9 effect? Not sure if I need to roll or not.

Horsenhero
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Horsenhero » Wed Apr 23, 2014 10:56 am

Warchild-

Suddenly, small whorles and motes of energy wink into existence, summoned by Warchild's power and shot at three of the Talons from all directions. for the agents of the Court of Owls it is akin to being suddenly caught in a crossfire of machine guns. Still, the assassins seem possessed of preternatural senses as even shots coming from directions they couldn't possibly have a line of sight on are dodged.

However, there is only so much dodging that can be done and one of the villains catches mote of force across the face. He stumblees under the blow.

Talon Toughness check. 1d20+6=13. He is -1 and Dazed.

Unfortunately for Warchild, the Talons have Uncanny Dodge, so surprise attacks don't affect their defenses.
Last edited by Horsenhero on Wed Apr 23, 2014 11:07 am, edited 1 time in total.

EPIC
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby EPIC » Wed Apr 23, 2014 11:03 am

that's cool, but Warchild's attack was all energy, not picking things up and throwing them

Horsenhero
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Horsenhero » Wed Apr 23, 2014 11:05 am

Deep Freeze-

The single Bola that ensnared Ana immediately freezes over and shatters as she unleashes her incredible cold against it.

A routine roll will easily hit the bola. It fails its save and shatters.

Ana still has a move action available and of course she can Surge with extra-effort for another standard action if she wishes.

If she chooses to forego any more actions, it's Undertow's action.

Horsenhero
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Horsenhero » Wed Apr 23, 2014 11:10 am

EPIC wrote:
that's cool, but Warchild's attack was all energy, not picking things up and throwing them

OOC: I changed the describing post. The power's name makes it sound like solid objects though, so I went with that initial effect.

Evolución
Paragon
Paragon

Postby Evolución » Wed Apr 23, 2014 11:21 am

Horsenhero wrote:
OOC: Evolucion, King of Spades Aura will work against the bindings. I'll make a Toughness Save for those that he failed his resistance check against.

Any results on that? If the aura breaks them I still have all my actions.

Horsenhero
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Horsenhero » Wed Apr 23, 2014 11:28 am

King of Spades-

The Bolas were thrown with pinpoint accuracy. Unfortunately, the metallic cables were not able to resist the destructive force of the King's energy aura and snapped as soon as they wrapped around him.

Ahem. sorry about that. Have a HP.

Return to “M&M Game Room”