Young Injustice IC- Chapter 3 Setting Up Shop

This forum is the place for Mutants & Masterminds Play-By-Post games. Please read the M&M Game Room rules before starting or joining a game. Enjoy!
Tattooedman
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Re: Young Injustice IC- Chapter 3 Setting Up Shop

Postby Tattooedman » Thu Apr 10, 2014 9:57 am

Undertow:
[Marius]
HP: 0

With the majority of the repair work finished over the last couple hours, Claudette takes the helm of the Manta Sub, the position that Deep Freeze would take under normal circumstances. Swooping in low over the city, the pitch black sub slices into the water, approaching the abandoned prison from below the water. Once past the edge of the fog bank, Claudette surfaces momentarily to allow Sekhmet, Warchild and Velocity to make their direct assault. Diving again, she waits for Undertow, King of Spades and Deep Freeze to enter the diving compartment. When they're in, she floods the compartment and opens the aperture into the sea. Marius rockets through the water toward the submerged docks, towing his two compatriots, arriving in mere moments.

Carrying Deep Freeze and the King wasn't all too different from the training Marius had done with the priests of the Dreaming City; they'd have him help the older members of their sect move about the temple's courtyard. At least his current passengers were much sturdier in comparison and they arrived at the underwater dock in no time.

King of Spades wrote:The King allows himself to be carried through the water by Marius. Once he is deposited over solid substrate he doesn't even attempt to dry his clothes. "My Gratitude Undertow, shall we begin?"

"Your welcome King, I believe we need to let our companion make use of her custom devices first before we start." As he spoke Undertow scratched his hip, right above the mechanical device that Deep Freeze had attached to both of his legs. It wasn't uncomfortable, as he'd been told, and had apparently stood up well to being submerged. Hopefully it would be able to withstand what came next.
World of Freedom Setting 3E

"Your ignorance is not my burden."
-- Chiun

Heritage367
Hireling
Hireling

Postby Heritage367 » Fri Apr 11, 2014 10:35 am

Deep Freeze
HP: 2
CND: Normal

Once they were inside the dock, Anna pressed a catch on her neck, and the snowsuit's helmet collapsed back into its storage space between her shoulder blades. Her pale blonde hair blowing around her face, she unslung the bag from her right shoulder and dug out her first piece of gear, the only one she hoped she'd have to use; it looked something like a silver Thermos bottle with unfolding legs to let it stand upright.

"This should only take a second."

Unscrewing the waterproof top, she pulled out some sort of antenna, which unfolded once free of the protective shell; the engineer looked around, perhaps out of habit, then she pressed down on the activation button. There was a high-pitched whine for a few seconds, like a dentist's drill starting up, and then silence.

"Aaaand around about this time, the Owls' radar gear should be going apeshit."

OOC: I think we're looking at Perception-Area Affliction 10, Limited to Machines, Dazed, Stunned, Unaware, but I have to admit this concept has been hard for me to figure out. The overall effect I'm looking for is that the radar thinks a much larger force it attacking.

Horsenhero
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Horsenhero » Fri Apr 11, 2014 12:02 pm

Albatross Island-

Deep Freeze triggers her device with the flick of a switch. Moments later alarm klaxons sound in the underground base. With her enhanced senses Sekhmet hears the sudden alert and the sound of footsteps as the residents of the base scramble to respond.

Okay...no more set up! No more role-play...or "throw away posts"...if you prefer. It's time for battle!

Initiatives please.

Tattooedman
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Tattooedman » Fri Apr 11, 2014 7:12 pm

Undertow:
[Marius]

Deep Freeze wrote:"Aaaand around about this time, the Owls' radar gear should be going apeshit."

Deep Freeze triggers her device with the flick of a switch. Moments later alarm klaxons sound in the underground base. With her enhanced senses Sekhmet hears the sudden alert and the sound of footsteps as the residents of the base scramble to respond.

Undertow smiles as the alarm sounds. "Finally, time for fighting." The Atlantean cracks his neck with a quick turn of his neck.

OOC wrote:Initiative: _: 1D20+8 = [20]+8 = 28, well I'll be missing that later on in the fight I'm sure...

-- Chiun

Heritage367
Hireling
Hireling

Postby Heritage367 » Sat Apr 12, 2014 9:33 am

Deep Freeze
HP: 2
CND: Ready to go!

Tattooedman wrote:Undertow smiles as the alarm sounds. "Finally, time for fighting." The Atlantean cracks his neck with a quick turn of his neck.

Anna grinned as tiny motes of ice danced around her flexing fingers. "Yeah, this ought to be fun..."

OOC: Initiative: 1d20+0=11 You guys go on ahead, Anna will catch up :roll:

Bladewind
Overlord
Overlord

Re: Young Injustice IC- Chapter 2 Cosmic Futbol! Goooaaalll!

Postby Bladewind » Sat Apr 12, 2014 10:24 am

Sekhmet - Theodora "Thea" Adam
HP 3
Cond Normal

With a sideways glance at Warchild, Sekhmet cracks a mischievous grin.

"What say we live up to our parents' expectations somewhat?"

Init (1d20+10=15)

Really? That's one of the best Init mods I've given a PC in recent memory and that's the best I can come up with? :roll:

EPIC
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Re: Young Injustice IC- Chapter 1 Beware the Homicide Squad

Postby EPIC » Sat Apr 12, 2014 10:39 am

Warchild(Lisandra Drakos)
(HP: 4)

Warchild looks about as the alarms go off and rolls her shoulders slightly. "Music to my ears."

Init (1d20+4=12) Still better than mine Blade

Horsenhero
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Horsenhero » Sat Apr 12, 2014 12:21 pm

Velocity (npc)-

Initiative 1d20+16=22.

Horsenhero
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Horsenhero » Mon Apr 14, 2014 10:57 pm

Assault on Albatross Island-

As the Talons sensory equipment goes dark, they rush toward the places they know their base can be assaulted from. Splitting their forces, some head for the surface, some for the docks.

Initiative-

28 Undertow
22 Velocity
21 Talons
19 King of Spades
15 Sekhmet
12 Warchild
11 Deep Freeze

Tattooedman
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Tattooedman » Wed Apr 16, 2014 9:46 am

Undertow:
[Marius]

Seeing the coming members of the Court of Owls, Undertow's smile widens as his eyes fill with the bright green energy that fills his body then explodes out to fill the hall and then some. "Your time of judgment has come."

OOC wrote: Using Wide Angle Blast: [Damage 8 (Extra: Area [Cone] 2)]

-- Chiun

Horsenhero
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Horsenhero » Thu Apr 17, 2014 5:06 pm

Deep Freeze, King of Spades & Undertow-

Marcus unleashes his blast of magical force at the charging Talons. Six cloak and cowled criminals spring into action. Watching them move is shocking. They are smooth, fluid and almost as agile as Nightwing. Of them, only one is caught in the burst. That one is thrown back against a wall hard enough to crack the concrete.

5 out of six make their Dodge checks. With Evasion, they escaped without harm. The one that missed his Dodge, totally bombed his Toughness (total 8) and is incapacitated.

Velocity is up.

Horsenhero
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Horsenhero » Sat Apr 19, 2014 6:01 am

Velocity

As the Talons emerge from the secret entrances to the underground, island base, Velocity rockets after the closest pair. While he could probably locate all of them if he searched diligently enough, these two are right where he can see them. Faster than the eye can follow, he slams into one, catching him up in his jetwash, then he angles toward the other.

Suddenly...the atmosphere around the speedster begins to warp and stretch. Pale green lightning effects arc all over around him and with a reality twisting burst of color...he vanishes along with his two targets. The Speed force has claimed another victim. All Warchild can think is...there goes another one.

I'll roll attacks for the Talons when I get off work today.

Horsenhero
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Horsenhero » Sun Apr 20, 2014 10:16 am

Talons-

No matter where they are, the Talons have a fighting style that is acrobatic and aggressive. Each approaches the combat as the team would guess Batman might. Dodging, weaving, rolling anf flipping, they do their best to confuse you before unleashing a volley of bolo's.

Talon Attacks-

V. Undertow- Acrobatic Feint 28, Bolo 15 (Ranged snare Resisted By Dodge) DC13
v. Deep Freeze Acrobatic Feint 16, Bolo 16
v. Deep Freeze Acrobatic Feint 24, Bolo 13
v. King of Spades Acrobatic Feint 20, Bolo 20
v. King of Spades Acrobatic Feint 33, Bolo 20

V. Sekhmet Acrobatic Feint 26, Bolo 24
v. Sekhmet Acrobatic Feint 25, Bolo 24
v. Warchild Acrobatic Feint 33, Bolo 25
v. Warchild Acrobatic Feint 33, Bolo 25

Quite the impressive array of attacks for some costumed adventurer types. Yes, there are 2 Talons per pc (except Undertow who took one of his out).

The Talons are not minions, so you may not use takedown or routine checks against them. Improved Overrun and similar maneuvers are still viable though.

King of Spades is up.

Bladewind
Overlord
Overlord

Re: Young Injustice IC- Chapter 2 Cosmic Futbol! Goooaaalll!

Postby Bladewind » Sun Apr 20, 2014 1:08 pm

Sekhmet - Theodora "Thea" Adam
HP 3 -> 2
Cond Normal

Acrobatics vs Agile Feint (1d20+5=17)

Dodge (Halved from 7, rounded up) (1d20+4=10)

HP reroll:Dodge (Halved from 7, rounded up) (1d20+4=6) +10 = 16

She's snared pretty well, just in case they are standard bolos and not some weird metal... here's a strength check for my turn: 1d20+9=15 (or not. I hate IC sometimes...)

EPIC
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Re: Young Injustice IC- Chapter 1 Beware the Homicide Squad

Postby EPIC » Sun Apr 20, 2014 1:54 pm

Warchild(Lisandra Drakos)
(HP: 4 -> 3)

Acrobatics vs Agile Feint (1d20+9=23, 1d20+9=11) Yeah, 33 is actually impossible for Warchild to beat, only realized after I made the rolls.

Dodge vs Snare(DC13) (1d20+7=23, 1d20+7=14) I forgot to halve my dodge, but it's the same as Sekhmet, so subtract 3 from each result. The first one still saves, the second I will spend an HP on.

Dodge vs Snare(DC13) Reroll (1d20+7=13) Plus 10 for a roll under 11 and I still forgot to half my Dodge, but it's fine at a result of 20.

Wait...when you are successfully feinted against, you only half your defense against the attack roll, not the resistance right..? Not that it matters in this instance, but for future on.

Return to “M&M Game Room”