Young Injustice IC- Chapter 3 Setting Up Shop

This forum is the place for Mutants & Masterminds Play-By-Post games. Please read the M&M Game Room rules before starting or joining a game. Enjoy!
Horsenhero
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Re: Young Injustice IC- Chapter 3 Setting Up Shop

Postby Horsenhero » Fri Mar 14, 2014 12:11 pm

Undertow & Sekhmet-

I can assist. I can open doors, Turn light on and off in particular areas and open the doors to the underwater docking bay. I can also raise a fog bank to help disguise your approach. Is this the type of aid you were wanting?

Tattooedman
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Tattooedman » Fri Mar 14, 2014 1:00 pm

Undertow:
[Marius]
HP: 0

Undertow grinned at the ghost's response. "Exactly the kind of help I was hoping you could provide Captain."

He then contacted the other members of the group who were still working on a plan of attack. "Sekhmet and I have made contact with the ghost of the lighthouse and he is willing to give us aide in our attack, perhaps you could join us and that way we can finalize our plan with this added information?"
World of Freedom Setting 3E

"Your ignorance is not my burden."
-- Chiun

Coyotzin
Titan
Titan

Postby Coyotzin » Sun Mar 16, 2014 1:26 am

The Muscle Claudette "Claw" Blanchard

After parting with Roulette and Terry, Claw headed to the hangar to start working before the team sortied, and if they needed her to ferry them without crashing into the bay.

"Ooooh, a Manta sub." She whistled as she surveyed the vehicle. "Why is it that the sociopaths can build the best toys? And yes, I'm including Batman."

She continued to mutter to herself as she climbed on the wings.

"Aha! There you are, Gotham." She called Talon over. "The superficial damage is not that bad; I can get that fixed in a couple of minutes, so let me do a systems diagnosis."

She focused and, for an instant, the entire manta sub was surrounded by a thin, violet halo that vanished as soon as it flared.

"Damn. Engine's shot to hell; I'm feeding some power to the systems to see how they are working but we'll have to do a major overhaul for actual operation. Hm... comms are up, avionics are only a bit misaligned. Guess I'll install a new transponder too; sonar's good, weapons systems need work, not to mention resupplying, but I'm not an arms dealer so you'll have to do that on your own. Some chambers will need to be depressurized."

"All right." She disengaged from the vehicle and walked over to the more serious rip in the fuselage. "Now watch and be amazed."

She touched the manta sub right next to the breach, and it began straightening and unbending on its own. With no need to solder or bolt anything, the hull breaches were being closed little by little.

"Okay, that was the easy part..."

Horsenhero
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Horsenhero » Tue Mar 18, 2014 10:16 pm

The Team-

Anna was just putting the finishing touches on her creations and rejoining Warchild, Velocity and King of Spades when Undertow popped his head out of the conference room he and Sekhmet were using for their rtual to let everyone know the ghost was on hand and if anyone wanted to fill Captain Fear in on their strategy, now would be the time.

Evolución
Paragon
Paragon

Postby Evolución » Wed Mar 19, 2014 9:20 am

Horsenhero wrote:The Team-

Anna was just putting the finishing touches on her creations and rejoining Warchild, Velocity and King of Spades when Undertow popped his head out of the conference room he and Sekhmet were using for their rtual to let everyone know the ghost was on hand and if anyone wanted to fill Captain Fear in on their strategy, now would be the time.

The King of Spades looked at the others to see if anyone would take the orator position this time.

Bladewind
Overlord
Overlord

Re: Young Injustice IC- Chapter 2 Cosmic Futbol! Goooaaalll!

Postby Bladewind » Wed Mar 19, 2014 5:41 pm

Sekhmet - Theodora "Thea" Adam
HP 3
Cond Normal

"Indeed, exactly the sort aid we were hoping for." Sekhmet echoed Marius' sentiment. "Other than ridding the area of these Unmen, what do you request in return?"

She didn't think the ghost's aid would come that easily, the realm of the dead and its denizens were just as interested as the living in their power and balancing favours...

Heritage367
Hireling
Hireling

Postby Heritage367 » Thu Mar 20, 2014 8:10 am

Deep Freeze
HP: 2
CND: Normal

Anna had joined the others, still wearing her full snowsuit, but now with a loose bag over her shoulder, which bulged from the oddly-shaped tech within; when she saw the apparition, a big smile split her face.

"Oh, great, the ghost is here!"

One might think that someone so rooted in science and technology would be ill at ease around a so-called 'supernatural phenomenon', but she was inherently practical by nature, and Gotham was a pretty weird town to grow up in. While the others filled her in on what the spirit could offer in the way of help, she nodded attentively, making a few notes in her notebook, then she dipped her head in the captain's direction.

"This is all great stuff; thank you so much for your assistance."

Bladewind wrote:"Indeed, exactly the sort aid we were hoping for." Sekhmet echoed Marius' sentiment. "Other than ridding the area of these Unmen, what do you request in return?"

This seemed like a really good question; Anna waited for the ghost response, notebook and pen at the ready to take down his list of demands.

Horsenhero
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Horsenhero » Thu Mar 20, 2014 8:34 am

Captain Fear-

The ghost shrugs his shoulders, a very unghostly expression if ever there was one.

"What can you do for me? I am sworn vengence upon souls long since departed, according to those assassins now lurking beneath the prison where I died. So I linger. I cannot redress wrongs as I did when I was alive and my dying vows have left me without rest, for those I would avenge myself upon are now mouldering corpses in the grave."

"I can still work against injustice and evil, but I have to wait for it to come to me."

Bladewind
Overlord
Overlord

Postby Bladewind » Mon Mar 24, 2014 7:45 am

Sekhmet - Theodora "Thea" Adam
HP 3
Cond Normal

Thea inclined her head just a little, a thoughtful expression crossing her features. The irony of Fear`s presence and tie to this plane as compared to the group`s own origins and desire to do good was almost too coincidental...

"In that case," she says, "allow me to thank you in advance for all that you can do."

She turns to the group as they filter in,

"So long as our plans keep in mind that we do not want to light a bat signal on the place before we are even in, that we want to be able to use it after we flush the Owls out and that surrounding collateral damage is frowned upon, I am good with however we choose to plan this.

"I wouldn`t mind following Marius underneath the base and having others take a more frontal assault."

Heritage367
Hireling
Hireling

Re: Young Injustice IC- Chapter 2 Setting Up Shop

Postby Heritage367 » Mon Mar 24, 2014 9:33 am

Deep Freeze

Bladewind wrote:"So long as our plans keep in mind that we do not want to light a bat signal on the place before we are even in, that we want to be able to use it after we flush the Owls out and that surrounding collateral damage is frowned upon, I am good with however we choose to plan this.

"I wouldn`t mind following Marius underneath the base and having others take a more frontal assault."

Anna set down her shoulder bad and stroked her lower lip thoughtfully. "How about Marius, Sekhmet and I go underwater while Warchild, King and Velocity go for the frontal assault? That way, I can activate the Scrambler to overload their detection equipment from the inside, and the good Captain can wreck additional havoc on their internal systems."

Horsenhero
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Horsenhero » Mon Mar 24, 2014 6:28 pm

Velocity-

If there's anything that hasn't been covered, the speedster would think of it, he was certain. One thing he did know, the prison was nearly abandoned above ground. Only the underwater docks and the escape tunnel up through the old lighthouse attached to the prison led directly to the surface. There were two other entrances to the underground base, but they were in the old "interrogation" chambers in the dungeon of the ruins* of the Island Fortress.

Please note: when I refer to the prison as ruins, I merely mean long abandoned (in theory) and left to decay. The prison/fortress is actually in remarkably good shape for its age and lack of regular maintenance.

And obviously the term ruins is only applied to the old prison, not the secret base beneath it. :wink:

EPIC
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Re: Young Injustice IC- Chapter 1 Beware the Homicide Squad

Postby EPIC » Mon Mar 24, 2014 6:44 pm

Warchild(Lisandra Drakos)
(HP: 4)

"We'll want more power in our frontal assault, and since Spades like to play the sneaky one, better he go with Undertow and Freeze. Between Velocity, Sekhmet and myself, we should be able to present a tempting frontal assault to draw their attention."

Tattooedman
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Tattooedman » Tue Mar 25, 2014 11:49 am

Undertow:
[Marius]
HP: 0

"Warchild has a point with the division of our ranks." Undertow said in a supporting tone. "The King's greater than average weight shouldn't be too difficult of an issue for me and Deep Freeze's ice generating abilities and technical skills would be of good use as well."
World of Freedom Setting 3E

"Your ignorance is not my burden."
-- Chiun

Evolución
Paragon
Paragon

King of Spades

Postby Evolución » Tue Mar 25, 2014 5:01 pm

"It is just my skill set to be capable on subterfuge. So I agree, I see no logical flaw in that plan, it's sound." The King also gives his approval.

Heritage367
Hireling
Hireling

Postby Heritage367 » Wed Mar 26, 2014 6:41 pm

Deep Freeze

Anna blinked and looked around at the rest of group; that actually seemed to be resolved faster than she thought it would! But then another matter occurred to her, and she reluctantly cleared her throat.

"The other major issue we need to figure out is timing; when does each team hit the base, as in who goes first and who goes second? And when do I activate the Scrambler...or should someone else do it?" She ran pale fingers through pale hair. "Off the top of my head, I see the frontal assault team going in first; with the Scrambler, we can make their scanners think there are even more agents in play. Then while they are rushing outside to handle the large invasion force they think is present, the second wave goes in from below, and with the Captain's help, goes to town behind enemy lines, as it were." She shrugged. "Does that work for everyone, or should we try a different approach?"

Return to “M&M Game Room”