Young Injustice IC- Chapter 3 Setting Up Shop

This forum is the place for Mutants & Masterminds Play-By-Post games. Please read the M&M Game Room rules before starting or joining a game. Enjoy!
Horsenhero
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Young Injustice IC- Chapter 3 Setting Up Shop

Postby Horsenhero » Wed Apr 24, 2013 8:41 pm

Storm Warning Private Clinic-

It took Terry Fortune days to run down the operatives he needed, even with his mothers' resources...and the demi-goddess was a lucky break. Everett was recovering from his injuries in a room not far from where Terry was about to hold his meeting. Intergang and the HIVE had been ready to work out some kind of deal brokered by Everett and mediated by him and Psyke. Psyke was in a subterranean area of the research clinic where the neuro-scientists were trying their best to work out the exact nature of his injuries and what would be required for his recovery. The orderlies had taken to calling it the Psyke Ward.

As Terry had worked to figure out why Intergang had betrayed the HIVE, or the HIVE had betrayed Intergang, he realized either option seemed ludicrous. Neither had a huge presence in Coast City and the mediation had been called to make sure both could move into their respective areas of expertise without disrupting the others' business...at least at the start. This meant a third party had discovered the meeting. A third party had ambushed them and put Psyke in a coma and forced Everett to regrow his body. Terry was determined to discover who that party was and make them pay.

So, he gathered a team together. Sure, he could have called the Gang out to help, but this was his chance to do something out of the long shadow cast by Andre Luthor. His first contact had been pure chance. Warchild he found in the woods, or rather she'd been attracted by the explosion from where she was making an offering to Tyche, goddess of Luck. Good luck as far as Terry was concerned.

Then Terry called the man who was most likely his brother. Another man with a grudge against Amos Fortune... King of spades. After that, he used his mothers' network to run down the Atlantean warrior codenamed Undertow. Legs and Irv had gotten Vartoxx to quit drinking long enough to direct Fortune to his son, a vain but powerful youth called Narcisix. Last, Terry called in a favor from Ravager, who gave him the whereabouts of yet another "rogue" member of the Wilson clan, a girl named Scourge. Terry wondered if Slade was ever going to just give up on training a partner. For an assassin, he churned out heroes with almost as much regularity as Batman.

Today they were going to meet. Here, at a clinic owned by a man three times dead and four times resurrected. Terry wondered what that kind of experience did to a man, but kept his curiosity to himself. He was being given the private meeting room on the topmost floor to use free of charge. Whatever death had done to Jonathon Carmichael aka Joshua Clay aka Tempest, it hadn't made him greedy.

Mr. Fortune, they're here." The receptionists voice said over the intercom.

This was it. Time to get down to business.

Here we go. Everyone can write an introduction for their characters and we'll get this ball rolling.
Last edited by Horsenhero on Wed Nov 13, 2013 10:07 pm, edited 3 times in total.

EPIC
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Re: Young Injustice IC- Chapter 1 Beware the Homicide Squad

Postby EPIC » Wed Apr 24, 2013 11:59 pm

Warchild(Lisandra Drakos)
(HP: 1)

Lisandra was not sure what to make of this kid, Terry. There she was, communing with Tyche, then suddenly there was an explosion. Wreckage and wrecked bodies everywhere (She honestly wished she could have seen the explosion itself from a bit closer) yet here was Terry, half covered in rubble, but otherwise unharmed. Tyche favored this one for certain, and it seemed the Fates were making a statement.

It was those factors that saw her agreeing to meet Terry and some others he had managed to round up. And such an odd bunch she did not expect to see. Still, a few of them looked more than capable, especially the buff, blond boy. And if Terry was even half as blessed by Tyche as he seemed, they might just have a chance if she ever needed to direct them against one of her father's plots.

For the time being though, she let everyone settle in and start making introductions, observing them all for the moment as they no doubt observed her.
Last edited by EPIC on Thu Apr 25, 2013 10:31 am, edited 2 times in total.

The_Watchman
Mastermind
Mastermind

Postby The_Watchman » Thu Apr 25, 2013 6:42 am

Narcisix
HP: 1 Condition: Late

Narcisix looked at the clock and realized he was late for the meeting Fortune had informed him of. He shrugged and rose out of bed. His companion, Cheryl, Sharon, or something along those lines, made a disgruntled noise at being disturbed. Obviously the earthling hadn't handled her liquor as well as Narcisix. He shook his head in pity for the poor mortal. She opened groggy eyes to look at the golden god before her and said in a pained tone, "I find your lack of pants disturbing." He chuckled and indicated a pile of white leather piled in a heap on an overturned chair. The woman let out a disgusted noise, "Oh god, not another male stripper..."

"My dear, you've just had the pleasure of a night with Narcisix, prince of Valerion!" he replied in a volume far louder than the hungover woman appreciated. "Now I'm sure the hotel bill is a small price to pay for such ecstacy," he began before in a blur of speed the earthling found herself standing in the hotel lobby, fully clothed.

Miles away, Narcisix came to a landing outside the clinic. He flashed a million dollar smile to the others as he walked in with particular attention paid to Scourge and Warchild. "Gentlemen, Laaaadies," he said as he took a seat.
Last edited by The_Watchman on Wed Apr 23, 2014 11:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
"This is all your fault! You shouldn't have taken that cat! You don't teleport into strange metal places and steal pets!"
Builds

Evolución
Paragon
Paragon

King of Spades

Postby Evolución » Thu Apr 25, 2013 6:59 am

Jack was suspicious of this Terry Fortune. Evidently he was related to his sworn enemy, the Ace of Clubs Amos Fortune, but seems to hold some grudge against that suit. Working alone has its benefits but also its drawbacks. And a King alone is not king of anything but its solitude. Jack felt poetical today, or was it that cosmic radiation f*cking with his mind again? He couldn’t tell anymore, he had learnt to cope with the delusions of being a medieval King in order to keep the little sanity he had left in him. But where did he was? Oh yes, Sir Terry Fortune, enemy of the suit of Clubs, possible ally of the kingdom of Spades. He offered a meeting, atop his own tower, or someone else’s. Neutral grounds were good for negotiation.
He moved silently, as always, a reminiscent of his time as Jack of Clubs… A King should move more gallantly. None the less, he reached the building and managed not to annoy the receptionist too much.
“Greetings, I’m the King of Spades” Jack announced himself, getting his hand to the hilt of his spade shaped sword. “I am here answering to your call, Terry Fortune.”
Somehow, the fact that Terry might be his brother slips out of Jack’s grasp for the moment.

Tattooedman
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Tattooedman » Thu Apr 25, 2013 8:51 am

Undertow:
HP: 1

From the corner where he stood Marius looked over the others that had been summoned to this place by the man who called himself Fortune and found them to be an eclectic gathering of people. He was fairly sure that each of them all had their own reasons for agreeing to be here and truthfully so did he but that didn't matter for the moment, clearly this time was to be for them to get to know one another some before Fortune revealed why he'd brought them together.

Marius ran a hand through his still damp, black hair to keep it slicked back out of his face. He was still damp but not to the point that he was dripping water thanks mostly to the several blocks he'd walked from the beach he'd arrived at Coast City through, getting stared at by many people along the way which he paid no mind to. It was very similar to how his life had been in the Dreaming City before being banished.

That thought brought a familar burning feeling in the core of his being as the energy his body generated flared within at the feelings that came along with it. The only visible sign of this was a slight greenish glow in Marius' eyes that those whose gaze he returned as he looked them each over in small turns.

After some of the other introduced themselves he followed their lead, in his own direct manner. "I am Marius, also known as Undertow."
World of Freedom Setting 3E

"Your ignorance is not my burden."
-- Chiun

Sid
Hero
Hero

Postby Sid » Thu Apr 25, 2013 9:09 am

Fortune
LP: 1

Terry watched as the new "heroes" started walking in the door, he'd prepared a little speech but quickly threw it out since it sounded corny and this was not a group to sound corny in front of. He also decided to wait to answer any questions pertaining to why they are here until everyone had arrived, repeating himself would just bore the rest of the group and breed resentment for the ones who arrived late, and that is not how we wanted to start the day.

"I'll wait until everyone has arrived before getting into the details as to why I've asked you all to meet me here today. In the mean time, please introduce yourself to one another. If you need any refreshments, I will have the receptionist bring it in for you."

Terry nodded slightly to Warchild whom he had met previously when she helped him out of the rubble of Everett's bombed out business. He would speak to Narcisix and Marius momentarily, but first he wanted to talk to the King of Spades. Making it abundantly obvious that he was no threat, Terry walked over to the man that might be his half brother and extended a hand.

"King of Spades, it's a pleasure to meet you. My the name is Terry, call name is Fortune. From what I understand we have a lot in common."
Last edited by Sid on Thu Apr 25, 2013 9:17 am, edited 2 times in total.

The_Watchman
Mastermind
Mastermind

Postby The_Watchman » Thu Apr 25, 2013 9:15 am

Narcisix
HP: 1 Condition: Late

Narcisix gave an overly dramatic bow and sweep of his cape, "Narcisix, prince of Valeron. He held out a gloved hand toward Warchild, as she'd yet to introduce herself, "And who might I have the pleasure of addressing?"
"This is all your fault! You shouldn't have taken that cat! You don't teleport into strange metal places and steal pets!"
Builds

Evolución
Paragon
Paragon

King of Spades

Postby Evolución » Thu Apr 25, 2013 9:28 am

Terry Fortune wrote:"King of Spades, it's a pleasure to meet you. My the name is Terry, call name is Fortune. From what I understand we have a lot in common."

The king eyed Terry for a moment and accepted the handshake. His hands are cold, cold as stone, and hard as it as well "Is that so Terry Fortune? You have certain familiar links to Amos Fortune, I take?" Jack said. "While I didn't use to brandish the same last name when I was... normal... I am the son of his mother's youngest brother. What is your afiliation with the suit of Clubs, my I ask? And I do warn you..." The knig got closer to Terry, his pupil less eyes on his. "Your reply on this matter will greatly influence the outcome of this encounter."

Sid
Hero
Hero

Postby Sid » Thu Apr 25, 2013 10:14 am

Fortune
LP: 1

Terry didn't back down from the stronger King of Spades, instead he answered quite directly.

"I have no affiliation with the Suit of Clubs, or the Ace for that matter. He experimented on my mother while I was still in the womb without her knowledge, and let's just say that's caused a rift in our family, in fact I can't even be sure if he is my father or not as he no longer seems to have an interest in me."

Releasing his hand from the handshake, Fortune smiled and spoke in a lighter tone in an attempt to alleviate the mood of the conversation.

"I take his name because it constant reminder of how I got to where I am and to strive to be better. I didn't ask to be a test subject, but it is who I am."

EPIC
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby EPIC » Thu Apr 25, 2013 10:27 am

"Lisandra Dracos.. Daughter of Ares. You can call me Lisandra, or Warchild." she appraised Narcisix before extending her hand, wreathing it in swirling violet energy, that when she took Narcisix's hand, the energy did not burn as the extradimensional energies did not generate any heat, but allowed her to give his hand a solid, warrior's grip to show she was not to be taken lightly and respect his obvious strength, unless of course the muscles were just pomp and hollow, though she somehow doubted it.

"You're not a worshipper of my brother Eros are you? Aunt Aphrodite? Eh.. Nevermind..just an impression I got." She glanced over to Spades getting intense on Fortune with that creepy blank eyed stare. "Hey, why don't you two get a room already." she jokes with a smirk, trying to break the tension, or push it into a brawl. She'd be happy either way.

Evolución
Paragon
Paragon

King of Spades

Postby Evolución » Thu Apr 25, 2013 10:40 am

Terry wrote:"I have no affiliation with the Suit of Clubs, or the Ace for that matter. He experimented on my mother while I was still in the womb without her knowledge, and let's just say that's caused a rift in our family, in fact I can't even be sure if he is my father or not as he no longer seems to have an interest in me."

"Good, I feared you would be aligned with the dreadful Ace. Sadly I ran into a similar fate and I was not as lucky as to not have felt anything. The Ace experimented on me while I was quite alive and conscious, a painful experience I assure you. I owe him for this." He gestured to his person.

Terry wrote:"I take his name because it constant reminder of how I got to where I am and to strive to be better. I didn't ask to be a test subject, but it is who I am."

"And so I am... Your words turned out to be truly ominous Terry Fortune, we do indeed have a lot in common." he replied, more cheerily.

[quote=Warchild]"Hey, why don't you two get a room already." [/quote]

The king lifted an eyebrow. "What should I make of that poor attempt of humour, I wonder? As the gentleman I am I'll let it slip this time, woman." he said, with as much royalty as he could gather.

The_Watchman
Mastermind
Mastermind

Postby The_Watchman » Thu Apr 25, 2013 10:51 am

Narcisix
HP: 1 Condition: Amused

Narcisix had intended to kiss Lisandra's hand as a bit of blatant flirting but the force of her grip changed that idea. His grin widened and he returned the firm handshake with a good measure of his own superhuman strength against her force energy, "I like a woman with a firm grip. And no, not a follower of either one. Though I like what I've seen of Aphrodite in paintings. Clearly looks run in the family."

Lisandra's poke at Spades brought a laugh from Narcisix and with the King of Spades reaction, Narcisix took a step to Lisandra's side. He was clearly anticipating the warrior woman's response with no small measure of amusement.
Last edited by The_Watchman on Thu Apr 25, 2013 11:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
Builds

EPIC
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby EPIC » Thu Apr 25, 2013 11:02 am

Lisandra arches a brow and appraises Spades, what was a humored expression turns to a slightly dangerous glare. "Oh, calling yourself a gentleman hmm? A gentleman calls a lady by her name, not 'woman' and humors her jokes, regardless of the quality. You'd do well to get that memorized in that pretty porcelain head of yours."

Her piece said, she turns away from Spades, the ivory man no longer important. As much as she'd like to see how many cracks she could put in him before he broke, such violence would likely put a pall on the meeting. She wanted to at least let Fortune explain why he invited them all together.

She noted how Narcisix stepped to the side. While his initial appearance didn't suggest it, her opinion of him changed slightly. This one was smarter than he looked or let on. He would be a good ally. She points at Narcisix. "You, get with the flirting to distract me so I don't violently ruffle the chinadoll 'gentlman's' feathers." she fumed. Oh yes, this young woman had a temper and enough raw power to level the clinic.
Last edited by EPIC on Thu Apr 25, 2013 11:21 am, edited 1 time in total.

Evolución
Paragon
Paragon

King of Spades

Postby Evolución » Thu Apr 25, 2013 11:09 am

The king did nothing but disregard the over reaction from the evidently impetuous woman. With a raise of eyebrows and a smirk he didn't reply but turned his attention back to Fortune. "Is there anyone left to arrive?"

RuleofThree
Hireling
Hireling

Postby RuleofThree » Thu Apr 25, 2013 11:21 am

Most of the advice she had gotten on the Internet about dressing for job interviews had said the same thing, so she was wearing a charcoal pantsuit today that didn't quite fit her - it had to be loose enough to conceal her machete and her blasters, after all - and she was carrying an unassuming black leather purse with her she had just gotten the day before (packed with her other toys). She looked, to all the world, like a no-name office grunt sitting in the corner, probably there just to take notes, unremarkable and dismissible.

And thats where she sat as a parade of ever more colorful and flamboyant people entered the room, and Scourge realized she was totally not dressed appropriately - now she missed her black and orange fatigues. But she kept her head down and stayed quiet - first step before taking a job, Deathstroke had taught her, is figuring out whether or not you could take out your team and employers... you know, if push came to shove-to-the-trachea.

She turned to Terry and asked, "Mr. Fortune, is this everyone you were expecting?"

Return to “M&M Game Room”