Young Injustice IC- Chapter 3 Setting Up Shop

This forum is the place for Mutants & Masterminds Play-By-Post games. Please read the M&M Game Room rules before starting or joining a game. Enjoy!
Evolución
Paragon
Paragon

King of Spades. HP: 2, CND: Fine

Postby Evolución » Thu Apr 24, 2014 5:50 am

"Prepare to be beset by the King of Spades, scourge." The king declared, producing a set of metallic spades between his fingers, and throwing them at one of his attackers with deadly accuracy.

OOC: Throwing spades at one of the owls, these are basically shuriken (so they have multiattack): 28, DC 24 plus what I get from MA, if anything.

Heritage367
Hireling
Hireling

Re: Young Injustice IC- Chapter 3 Setting Up Shop

Postby Heritage367 » Thu Apr 24, 2014 6:56 pm

Deep Freeze
HP: 1
CND: Normal

"Alright, enough of this nonsense." Deep Freeze quickly got to her feet and decided to target the same Talon the King was going after, in the hope that if he dodged the thrown blades he might still be caught in her prison of ice. Fingers extended, she concentrated and let fly!

Using move action to get up, then Extra Effort to get a free action, and finally spending an HP to avoid fatigue.

Ranged Affliction roll: 1d20+9=12
Freeze in an icy hell, Invisible Castle :x

Horsenhero
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Horsenhero » Fri Apr 25, 2014 2:20 pm

King of Spades-

The pair of throwing spades catch the Talon dead center and with a wordless gurgle, he collapses.

1d20+6=8. Ooookaaay then. He's done.

Undertow is up.

Headcount-

Undertow- 1 left
Sekhmet- 2 left
Warchild- 2 left (1 at -1, Dazed)
King of Spades- 1left
Deep Freeze- 2 left

Tattooedman
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Tattooedman » Tue Apr 29, 2014 8:20 am

Undertow:
[Marius]
HP: 0

Seeing his attacker gracefully avoid his last attack Undertow falls back on the idea that several quick attacks might work better.

OOC wrote:Rapid Fire Blast Attack: _: 1D20+8 = [8]+8 = 16, which likely is a miss but in the off chance it hits that's a Ranged Damage 8 with Multiattack.
World of Freedom Setting 3E

"Your ignorance is not my burden."
-- Chiun

Horsenhero
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Horsenhero » Tue Apr 29, 2014 7:31 pm

Updated Initiative-

28 Undertow
21 Talons
19 King of Spades
15 Sekhmet
12 Warchild
11 Deep Freeze

sorry for falling behind a little. everyone have a HP for the slack.

Horsenhero
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Horsenhero » Tue Apr 29, 2014 7:33 pm

Undertow-

The Atlantean mage unleashes a furious barrage of mystic bolts, but the cloaked assassin is just too fast to be caught in the deadly beams. Rolling away, he pops back to his feet a weapon in hand.

Horsenhero
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Horsenhero » Tue Apr 29, 2014 7:55 pm

Talons-

Both above ground and in the cavernous dock, the agents of the Court of Owls defend their home turf vigorously.

Against Marcus, the remaining assassin launches a spinning blade shaped like an Owls' wings.

Wingblade vs. Undertow. 1d20+12=25. Toughness DC20

With Sekhmet entangled, her opponents feel safer closing for the kill. Both leap at her from opposite sides unleashing powerful sidekicks.

Power Attack +2 vs. Sekhmet. 1d20+10 (x2)= 18, 30. Toughness DC22 & 27 (for the crit.)

For Warchild it isn't quite so certain. One of her opponents is still uninjured enough to move freely but the second is shaking off the effects of the powerful bursts of divine energy he was hit with. While the more aware of the two puts ground between them, so it will be nigh impossible to catch them in one spot for another such attack, both end up relying on their ranged weapons.

Wingblades vs. Warchild. 1d20+12(x2)=20, 26. Toughness DC20 (x2)

The one remaining enemy facing King of Spades is wary of field of dimensional energy that destroyed his bola, so he too falls back on his thrown weapon.

Wingblade vs. King of Spades. 1d20+12=14. Apparently, he's a little too wary.

Deep Freeze finds herself subjected to both her opponents leaping in to attempt to pummel her unconscious.

Close Attacks. 1d20+12(x2)=15, 17. I think both of those might miss. At least one does I'm certain.

After Saves are rolled King of Spades is up.

Bladewind
Overlord
Overlord

Re: Young Injustice IC- Chapter 2 Cosmic Futbol! Goooaaalll!

Postby Bladewind » Tue Apr 29, 2014 8:14 pm

Sekhmet - Theodora "Thea" Adam
HP 3 --> 2
Cond Normal

I posted a Strength result to counter the bolas that was never addressed or resolved... I may need to spend a HP for it though.

Toughness vs Talons (1d20+11=19, 1d20+11=28)
Blow a HP for the first roll Toughness Reroll (1d20+11=15)

With what looks like it will an easy takedown for the two attackers is anything but. The black clad paragon spins under the onslaught. She looks up, the bolas still strapping her arms to her sides, with a look that could peel paint... or kill.

Horsenhero
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Horsenhero » Tue Apr 29, 2014 8:54 pm

OOC: I'm sorry, I thought you opted to forego the standard action against the bola to attack last round. Granted, the attack roll ended up missing...but, you would need to surge to both attack and break free in the same round.

Once she puts her mind to it though, it would take a near miracle for the bolas to survive the break attempt.

EPIC
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Re: Young Injustice IC- Chapter 1 Beware the Homicide Squad

Postby EPIC » Tue Apr 29, 2014 10:15 pm

Warchild(Lisandra Drakos)
(HP: 3 -> 4 -> 3) // Condition: -1 Dmg Res

Toughness x2 (1d20+11=19, 1d20+11=14)

I'll re-roll the second one: Toughness Reroll (1d20+11=21) Forgot to subtract 1 for the 1 degree fail on the first roll, but it still succeeds anyways

Lisandra winces as the first attack hits her head on, though her force field takes the brunt of the attack. The reaction from taking the first hit though 'causes the second to glance off her body, which ended up angled away from the second attacker, 'causing it to skitter off harmlessly.

Evolución
Paragon
Paragon

King of Spades

Postby Evolución » Wed Apr 30, 2014 9:27 am

The ivory king snatches the wingblade with a quick and shark flick of his arm, and spins around, throwing it back to his attacker in a fluid motion, with quite more momentum and better aimed. The talon could see a couple of sharp metallic spades follow the wingblade...

OOC: The attack missed, so I'm taking my turn to attack my last enemy with the spades. The wingblade thing is just fluff: all out attack: 24, Dmg DC is 24 +whatever I get from multiattack, if any. KoS dodge and parry are now reduced to 16 and 17 respectively.

Return to “M&M Game Room”