Space Adventures: Chapter 2 "The Planet of Muck!"(Closed)

This forum is the place for Mutants & Masterminds Play-By-Post games. Please read the M&M Game Room rules before starting or joining a game. Enjoy!
Hound
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Space Adventures: Chapter 2 "The Planet of Muck!"(Closed)

Postby Hound » Fri Apr 19, 2013 3:52 pm

In general, most of you have watched or read, Cowboy Bebop, Guardians of the Galaxy and/or Serenity.

If you haven't watched any of these, I am sorry, you poor, poor child, for being locked in a closet your whole life.(Sorry that might be a mean joke. Sorry.) But worry not, you do NOT need to have watched or read them. It just gives you a general idea of what kind of game to expect.

Basically, I want to recruit a team of 4 to 6 players to be a "team" on a "tiny ship" in space.

The players selected will each be allowed to submit ideas for the ship. The goal of the ship will be up to the players as well. Players can be Mercenaries, Bounty hunters, Space Pirates, Smugglers, Intergalactic do-gooders, what ever you want. I will try and build a cohesive team and base all missions and quests on their personal goals.

If 4 of the 5 players I want are all good, while the remaining player is "bad" I will ask the fifth player if he or she can alter their character to be neutral or good to fit the team, or vice versa.

I am a BIG fan of players dictating what kind of game they want to have happen. I hate trying to Jam a Circular Player into a Square plot hole.

The Crunchy!
Currently I am thinking along the lines of PL 8.
I want to LIMIT players having Life Support as a Power, or being able to travel in space on their own. I want there to be a PURPOSE for being on the ship instead of off on their own.

That said, you CAN have these powers, how ever adding a flaw, like a time limit might be a good way to go.

For example, lets say you play a ball of intelligent purple gas that has telekinesis. You may have full Life support, but it requires a large chunk of your telekinetic powers to keep you "whole" and not dispersed all over the universe. So you can, for a short time survive in space, and say... using extra effort also make attacks in space.

Maybe you're a superman like character who can hold their breath in space for 20 minutes, but every time you take a "blow" you have to make a fort save to keep holding your breath. If you fail, you start suffocating.

See where I am going with this? I really don't want 6 paragons who can live in space indefinitely and fly from star system to star system on their own.

For all players who can NOT breath in space, the ship WILL have space suits, but the space suits CAN be damaged.

More rules MAY come up later depending what is brought up in the thread.

EDIT:
New Rule: Regeneration Rank 2 is the maximum a player can have.

Please, don't be afraid to ask questions or make comments, I am here to serve you!

The Team
Rondel the Hound(Pilot) by The_Watchmen
Huxly the Human(Lucky Engineer) by catman123456
Scope the Human(Weapon Expert) by ecar369
Mathius Galen (Technomage) by Jemal
Shae "Goose" Gooseman, the Human(The Gamblin' Cap'n) by Deathsap
Zen, More than a Man, More than a Fish, He is Death. DEATH WILL RISE FROM THE TIDES!(The Muscle) by Plan B

The Standby
Gene the cat(Prowler) by Xerokhan
Chaplain the Crabman(Doctor) by Damascus
Griklik the Ermolaiaton(The Stowaway) by Evolución
Terra the Empathic Little Girl(The Mascot) by Weyrd
Last edited by Hound on Sat Oct 05, 2013 8:57 pm, edited 13 times in total.
"Whats wrong? You came here expecting to fight a madman, and instead found a god!?"
My Characters

XeroKhan
Luminary
Luminary

Re: Space Cowboy's 3E (Recruiting)

Postby XeroKhan » Fri Apr 19, 2013 4:45 pm

Gene

BIO:
The Firz race is a feline race similar to the Human race in economical ways. Although their home world of Firztan was destroyed in a black hole, the entire race was able to escape from what would have been their extinction by the intervention of the Human race. Thus, the Firz became indebted to the Humans; however, some Humans made the Firz race into their slaves for no apparent reason. This lead to the enactment of the Firztan Edict, which prohibited the slavery across the entire galaxy. That was over 50 years ago, and the Firz race became fierce politicians, even one becoming the representative of the galaxy. Representative Felix soon became a well respected figure of the galaxy.

However, Felix's only twin brother, Gene, tells a different tale. It began when the two were living under their parents when Felix disappeared one day. Curious, Gene went out to find his brother, only to find him making a deal with one of the galaxy's most notorious gangsters, a human called "Steele." Gene witnessed the two talking about Felix's rise to power and legalizing Steele's gang's actions after Steele killed off his family, who happen to be the representatives of not only the Firz race, but also the heads of the galactic congress. Before Gene could save his parents, he was too late and the parents were killed. Gene had no choice but to flee. As the years passed, Felix's plan became fulfilled.

Gene, after fleeing from death those many years ago, was able to become a bounty hunter. Despite his size, Gene had been able to capture a good number of Steele's men and bring them to justice. This did not stop Gene's "guilt" of being unable to save his family and see his brother's rise to power through dirty means; however, after hearing of a ship captain's hiring a crew, Gene immediately went to see if he could get hired.

STR 0
STA 1
AGL 3
DEX 3
FGT 3
INT 0
AWE 2
PRE 0

=================================================================================
SKILLS 24

Acrobatics 3(+3) =6
Close (Claws) 9(+3) =12
Perception 7(+2) =9
Persuasion 10(+0) =10
Ranged (B. Pistols) 4(+3) =7
Sleight of Hand 5(+3) =8
Stealth 12(+3)[+3] =18

=================================================================================
ADVANTAGES

Agile Feint
Defensive Roll 7
Diehard
Fascinate (Persuasion)
Hide in Plain Sight
Improved Initiative
Instant Up
Move-by Action
Precise Attack (Ranged, Cover)
Prone Fighting
Quick Draw
Tracking
Uncanny Dodge

~~Equipment 4~~

(Audio Recorder)[1ep]

(Commlink)[1ep]

(Grappling Hook)
Movement 1
>Swinging

(Multitool)[1ep]

(Gene's Enhanced Blaster Pistol)
Damage 5
>Ranged
=Accurate 2
=Improved Critical 2
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
POWERS

(Alien Claws)
Damage 4
>STR based
=Improved Critical
=Incurable
=Penetrating 4

(Feline Build)
Extra Limbs 1
>Tail

Feature 1
>Insulating Fur

Leaping 1
>15 ft.

Movement 3
>Safe Fall
>Slithering

Senses 2
>Acute Hearing
>Low-Light Vision

Shrinking 8
=Innate
-Permenant

(Alien Regeneration)
Regeneration 2
-Concentration Required
+Persistent

(Black Cat Crosses Path)
Luck Control 1
>Worse of 2 rolls
=Luck 3

(A Cat's Nine Lives)
Immortality 14
>Every 4 Min. after death
-Limited to 9 revivals

OFFENSE

HP 1 (+3 Luck)

Speed Rank -1

Initiative +7

Claws +12 (19-20; DC 19)
B. Pistols +7 [+4 Accurate] (18-20; DC 20)

DEFENSE

Fortitude 7(+1)=8
Will 6(+2)=8

Dodge 1(+3)[+4] =8
Parry 1(+3)[+4] =8
Tough (+1)[+7 Defensive Roll]=8

COMPLICATIONS

1) The Wicked Brother: Despite the outward appearance to the common people, Gene's twin brother Felix is a corrupted, dirty politician. Felix does not even know that Gene is still alive, but if he were to find out...

2) Steele: Gene's worst enemy. Steele is a cyborg that is known as being one of the most notorious gangster in the galaxy. Steele wants some revenge on Gene of the capturing of Steele's goons

3) Horrible Memories: Gene's past has haunted him for many years, and sometimes even haunted his dreams.

4) "Cute Kitty": Despite his personality, Gene has been able to attract some girls from his kitten-like looks

Any problems, Hound? I even made sure that he has the same name as a certain member of Kiss. :P
Last edited by XeroKhan on Sat Apr 27, 2013 8:30 am, edited 6 times in total.

Common Terms I will use:
>D#: Failure by (1-4) Degree
>EFN (Epic Fail Number): A Natural 1
>Nat 10: Taking a Natural 10 on a specific Skill

Hound
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Hound » Fri Apr 19, 2013 4:52 pm

Good simple design Xerokhan.

I notice you forwent capping your defenses, and went for a rather high regeneration which requires concentration.

This may be dangerous for you, but totally your call.

I would like a descritpr for your swinging. Is he using a grappling hook? Is he shooting some kind of webbing from his paws? What's up there?

Lastly can you re-work how you did your numbers a bit? Like... 3+1=4 so I can tell what the total is? Some of the skills are a bit confusing.
"Whats wrong? You came here expecting to fight a madman, and instead found a god!?"
My Characters

XeroKhan
Luminary
Luminary

Postby XeroKhan » Fri Apr 19, 2013 5:11 pm

Tidied up the character. Removed the Swinging to give him 5 more points in Equipment (Giving him a Grappling Hook, a Commlink that will connect to the ship, a Multitool, and an Audio Recorded). The other point went to Defensive Roll for I was off by one point in that Defense. Anything else?

Common Terms I will use:

Hound
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Hound » Fri Apr 19, 2013 5:13 pm

Excellent improvement Xerokhan.
My Characters

XeroKhan
Luminary
Luminary

Postby XeroKhan » Fri Apr 19, 2013 5:21 pm

Thx, Hound. Hope Gene will get in. Now to wait...

Common Terms I will use:

The_Watchman
Mastermind
Mastermind

Postby The_Watchman » Fri Apr 19, 2013 5:50 pm

I'm working on a pilot. Either a psion or time-dilation speedster to get some super-reflexes.
"This is all your fault! You shouldn't have taken that cat! You don't teleport into strange metal places and steal pets!"
Builds

EnigmaticOne
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby EnigmaticOne » Fri Apr 19, 2013 6:17 pm

Interested... considering ideas.
Impeach the peach!

XeroKhan
Luminary
Luminary

Postby XeroKhan » Fri Apr 19, 2013 6:56 pm

Gene's BIO and COMPLICATIONS are up. Hope you like them, Hound.

Common Terms I will use:

catman123456
Sidekick
Sidekick

Postby catman123456 » Fri Apr 19, 2013 9:01 pm

How's does a mechanic who is super lucky sounds?

Hound
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Hound » Fri Apr 19, 2013 9:02 pm

Sounds like every mechanic (including myself) when they some how make things work.

I can't tell you how many times I fix things and never be sure how I did it.
My Characters

catman123456
Sidekick
Sidekick

Postby catman123456 » Fri Apr 19, 2013 9:09 pm

Lol I know what you mean. later i'll provide the crunch.

robertness
Comrade
Comrade

Postby robertness » Sat Apr 20, 2013 5:31 am

I've been considering a cybernetically enhanced warrior turned bounty hunter and hit the following:

Kid: What can you tell me about the Borg Hunter?
Elder: He was a good man once, he fought with your father during the Titan Wars.
Borg:Once!? Hey, the Titan Wars were a hundred years ago; I aint that old. Besides the kid's father was a smeggin' pay master. He never saw any fighting.
Elder: That was before the accident which wiped out his squad. The man who became the Borg Hunter was barely alive.
Borg: That was no accident, we were set up.
Elder: He's more machine now than man...
Borg: Only if you're measuring by mass. Volume it's just about even. And the brain is pure human, that's what counts, right?
Elder: Twisted and evil.
Borg: What's your deal, old man? I'm sitting right next to you. Smeg it. I'm going to see if there's any booze on this tub.

I'll see if I can make anything from the Borg.

Shadow13
Zealot
Zealot

Postby Shadow13 » Sat Apr 20, 2013 6:08 am

Hound wrote:Sounds like every mechanic (including myself) when they some how make things work.

I can't tell you how many times I fix things and never be sure how I did it.

Drop test works very well on miltary grade comm gear.
[url=http://militarysignatures.com][img]http://militarysignatures.com/signatures/member13977.png[/img][/url]

XeroKhan
Luminary
Luminary

Postby XeroKhan » Sat Apr 20, 2013 7:43 am

Hound, as just a question for other interested players, what are the rules for building the space ship we are on? I don't seem to see any restrictions and what-not.

Common Terms I will use:

Return to “M&M Game Room”