DCA/3e Young Injustice OOC (Full)-

This forum is the place for Mutants & Masterminds Play-By-Post games. Please read the M&M Game Room rules before starting or joining a game. Enjoy!
Locked
Shock
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity
Posts: 12051
Joined: Tue Mar 16, 2004 9:21 pm
Contact:

Re: DCA/3e Young Injustice OOC (Recruiting 1)-

Post by Shock » Wed Apr 16, 2014 5:44 am

Horsenhero wrote:Mechmaster...I told you by pm and I'll repeat it now...who doesn't like super-gorillas? Super gorillas are awesome. A super fast, super gorilla is just awesome at a higher rate of speed.
I hate to discourage other people's interest but my first thought on seeing Solovar was "recruiting over". :mrgreen:

The_Watchman
Mastermind
Mastermind
Posts: 2300
Joined: Sun Jul 31, 2005 1:38 pm

Re: DCA/3e Young Injustice OOC (Recruiting 1)-

Post by The_Watchman » Wed Apr 16, 2014 5:48 am

Shock wrote:
Horsenhero wrote:Mechmaster...I told you by pm and I'll repeat it now...who doesn't like super-gorillas? Super gorillas are awesome. A super fast, super gorilla is just awesome at a higher rate of speed.
I hate to discourage other people's interest but my first thought on seeing Solovar was "recruiting over". :mrgreen:
Yeah...I saw Solovar and was like...well, I got nothing to top that.
"This is all your fault! You shouldn't have taken that cat! You don't teleport into strange metal places and steal pets!"
Builds

User avatar
Mechmaster
Daredevil
Daredevil
Posts: 715
Joined: Sun Nov 25, 2012 2:43 pm

Re: DCA/3e Young Injustice OOC (Recruiting 1)-

Post by Mechmaster » Wed Apr 16, 2014 3:17 pm

Solovar's background is up.

XeroKhan
Luminary
Luminary
Posts: 2861
Joined: Thu Feb 16, 2012 6:13 pm
Location: Raccoon City

Re: DCA/3e Young Injustice OOC (Recruiting 1)-

Post by XeroKhan » Wed Apr 16, 2014 4:41 pm

Okay, I did not know that. I tried to find out what characters had parents and all, but I could not. My bad entirely. I can whip somebody else up. I had a thought for a child of Terra and Deathstroke (since the two are occasional lovers). Would that work?
Image
SKYPE: X3r0.Kh4n

Common Terms I will use:
>D#: Failure by (1-4) Degree
>EFN (Epic Fail Number): A Natural 1
>Nat 10: Taking a Natural 10 on a specific Skill

EPIC
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity
Posts: 9984
Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 3:36 am

Re: DCA/3e Young Injustice OOC (Recruiting 1)-

Post by EPIC » Wed Apr 16, 2014 5:23 pm

I'd be careful if you plan to lean towards Terra's powers. We already have two energy controllers and an earth controller isn't that far off. It honestly sounds like the combination would result in something similar to Undertow

Horsenhero
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity
Posts: 13293
Joined: Thu Sep 17, 2009 5:24 pm
Location: Riding the range

Re: DCA/3e Young Injustice OOC (Recruiting 1)-

Post by Horsenhero » Wed Apr 16, 2014 6:10 pm

EPIC wrote:I'd be careful if you plan to lean towards Terra's powers. We already have two energy controllers and an earth controller isn't that far off. It honestly sounds like the combination would result in something similar to Undertow
I wouldn't say no necessarily, if it was done right and avoided stepping on Deep Freeze, Undertow or Warchild's powersets too drastically. I do understand that combatwise, there almost has to be a blasty or punchy power somewhere for damage purposes. It's kind of ewww...since Terra is a minor (the youngest of all the Titans while she was alive) and Deathstroke is old and the Terra who was Slade's lover is dead. Atlee (the current Terra) has no relationship with Deathstroke that I'm aware of.

Anyway, I think Honey could work really. I was sincere when I said I was interested in her origin. It wouldn't be a deal breaker to have a couple pc's related to one another, especially if they were raised apart. Anyhoodie-hoo, Just try to keep from overlapping too much and we're probably good. For example, while Sekhmet is this games' premier powerhouse, Undertow and King of Spades are also capable of acts of super-strength. Displaying a lesser talent in another characters' primary wheelhouse isn't horrible, it just has to be a tertiary focus.

EPIC
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity
Posts: 9984
Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 3:36 am

Re: DCA/3e Young Injustice OOC (Recruiting 1)-

Post by EPIC » Wed Apr 16, 2014 6:32 pm

Yeah, that's why I only said be careful. I think there are ways for it to work without stepping on anyone's toes too heavily that could be interesting.

You are right it has a bit of a squick factor given the old Terra's age though.

XeroKhan
Luminary
Luminary
Posts: 2861
Joined: Thu Feb 16, 2012 6:13 pm
Location: Raccoon City

Re: DCA/3e Young Injustice OOC (Recruiting 1)-

Post by XeroKhan » Wed Apr 16, 2014 9:47 pm

You know what, this idea may take me a long time to figure out. When this goes up for recruiting again, I'll post that character then. As for this recruitment, I will honorably back down, as the character creation will take a LONG time for me to perfect.

Solovar wins. :P
Image
SKYPE: X3r0.Kh4n

Common Terms I will use:
>D#: Failure by (1-4) Degree
>EFN (Epic Fail Number): A Natural 1
>Nat 10: Taking a Natural 10 on a specific Skill

Bladewind
Overlord
Overlord
Posts: 4823
Joined: Thu Jun 17, 2004 11:20 am
Location: Laval

Re: DCA/3e Young Injustice OOC (Recruiting 1)-

Post by Bladewind » Thu Apr 17, 2014 5:50 am

Two new terms added to my vocab this morning.... Squick Factor and Anyhoodie-hoo... can`t believe I`ve never heard of either... man, I`m such a nerd sometimes.

I also love the idea of Solovar, it`s awesome on so many levels. But the idea of a gorilla with super-speed... it just boggles the mind.

User avatar
Mechmaster
Daredevil
Daredevil
Posts: 715
Joined: Sun Nov 25, 2012 2:43 pm

Re: DCA/3e Young Injustice OOC (Recruiting 1)-

Post by Mechmaster » Thu Apr 17, 2014 12:44 pm

Bladewind wrote:I also love the idea of Solovar, it`s awesome on so many levels. But the idea of a gorilla with super-speed... it just boggles the mind.
What's so mind boggling about a 300 lbs gorilla that can break the sound barrier? :D

Bladewind
Overlord
Overlord
Posts: 4823
Joined: Thu Jun 17, 2004 11:20 am
Location: Laval

Re: DCA/3e Young Injustice OOC (Recruiting 1)-

Post by Bladewind » Thu Apr 17, 2014 12:45 pm

The logistics. 8)

I can picture a cheetah running, a person running... but a Gorilla ?!?

anji_kenshin
Collaborator
Collaborator
Posts: 305
Joined: Sun Feb 26, 2006 7:12 am
Location: BAMF!
Contact:

Re: DCA/3e Young Injustice OOC (Recruiting 1)-

Post by anji_kenshin » Thu Apr 17, 2014 12:56 pm

Hey guys, are y'all still recruiting?
Check out my Character Thread
Join my Create-a-Contest

Horsenhero
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity
Posts: 13293
Joined: Thu Sep 17, 2009 5:24 pm
Location: Riding the range

Re: DCA/3e Young Injustice OOC (Full)-

Post by Horsenhero » Thu Apr 17, 2014 4:41 pm

Well, for certain I have to go with the speedy gorilla...but...if the other players are willing, I could take on a 7th player. The introduction of any new players and characters will have to wait until next chapter begins. Soooo...let me begin the inevitable downfall of the bad bird people.

Heritage367
Hireling
Hireling
Posts: 169
Joined: Sat May 14, 2011 6:50 am
Location: Chicagoland, IL

Re: DCA/3e Young Injustice OOC (Full)-

Post by Heritage367 » Thu Apr 17, 2014 6:22 pm

I imagine he goes on all fours at high speed, so it would look more like galloping, maybe? Or bounding? Such a fun character concept!

User avatar
Mechmaster
Daredevil
Daredevil
Posts: 715
Joined: Sun Nov 25, 2012 2:43 pm

Re: DCA/3e Young Injustice OOC (Full)-

Post by Mechmaster » Thu Apr 17, 2014 7:27 pm

Heritage367 wrote:I imagine he goes on all fours at high speed, so it would look more like galloping, maybe? Or bounding? Such a fun character concept!
Yeah, that was what I was planning.
Horsenhero wrote:Well, for certain I have to go with the speedy gorilla...but...if the other players are willing, I could take on a 7th player. The introduction of any new players and characters will have to wait until next chapter begins. Soooo...let me begin the inevitable downfall of the bad bird people.
Thanks for choosing Solovar.

Locked