DCA/3e Young Injustice OOC (Full)-

This forum is the place for Mutants & Masterminds Play-By-Post games. Please read the M&M Game Room rules before starting or joining a game. Enjoy!
Shock
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Re: DCA/3e Young Injustice OOC (Recruiting 1)-

Postby Shock » Wed Apr 16, 2014 5:44 am

Horsenhero wrote:Mechmaster...I told you by pm and I'll repeat it now...who doesn't like super-gorillas? Super gorillas are awesome. A super fast, super gorilla is just awesome at a higher rate of speed.

I hate to discourage other people's interest but my first thought on seeing Solovar was "recruiting over". :mrgreen:

The_Watchman
Mastermind
Mastermind

Postby The_Watchman » Wed Apr 16, 2014 5:48 am

Shock wrote:
Horsenhero wrote:Mechmaster...I told you by pm and I'll repeat it now...who doesn't like super-gorillas? Super gorillas are awesome. A super fast, super gorilla is just awesome at a higher rate of speed.

I hate to discourage other people's interest but my first thought on seeing Solovar was "recruiting over". :mrgreen:

Yeah...I saw Solovar and was like...well, I got nothing to top that.
"This is all your fault! You shouldn't have taken that cat! You don't teleport into strange metal places and steal pets!"
Builds

Mechmaster
Daredevil
Daredevil

Postby Mechmaster » Wed Apr 16, 2014 3:17 pm

Solovar's background is up.

XeroKhan
Luminary
Luminary

Postby XeroKhan » Wed Apr 16, 2014 4:41 pm

Okay, I did not know that. I tried to find out what characters had parents and all, but I could not. My bad entirely. I can whip somebody else up. I had a thought for a child of Terra and Deathstroke (since the two are occasional lovers). Would that work?

Common Terms I will use:
>D#: Failure by (1-4) Degree
>EFN (Epic Fail Number): A Natural 1
>Nat 10: Taking a Natural 10 on a specific Skill

EPIC
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby EPIC » Wed Apr 16, 2014 5:23 pm

I'd be careful if you plan to lean towards Terra's powers. We already have two energy controllers and an earth controller isn't that far off. It honestly sounds like the combination would result in something similar to Undertow

Horsenhero
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Horsenhero » Wed Apr 16, 2014 6:10 pm

EPIC wrote:I'd be careful if you plan to lean towards Terra's powers. We already have two energy controllers and an earth controller isn't that far off. It honestly sounds like the combination would result in something similar to Undertow

I wouldn't say no necessarily, if it was done right and avoided stepping on Deep Freeze, Undertow or Warchild's powersets too drastically. I do understand that combatwise, there almost has to be a blasty or punchy power somewhere for damage purposes. It's kind of ewww...since Terra is a minor (the youngest of all the Titans while she was alive) and Deathstroke is old and the Terra who was Slade's lover is dead. Atlee (the current Terra) has no relationship with Deathstroke that I'm aware of.

Anyway, I think Honey could work really. I was sincere when I said I was interested in her origin. It wouldn't be a deal breaker to have a couple pc's related to one another, especially if they were raised apart. Anyhoodie-hoo, Just try to keep from overlapping too much and we're probably good. For example, while Sekhmet is this games' premier powerhouse, Undertow and King of Spades are also capable of acts of super-strength. Displaying a lesser talent in another characters' primary wheelhouse isn't horrible, it just has to be a tertiary focus.

EPIC
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby EPIC » Wed Apr 16, 2014 6:32 pm

Yeah, that's why I only said be careful. I think there are ways for it to work without stepping on anyone's toes too heavily that could be interesting.

You are right it has a bit of a squick factor given the old Terra's age though.

XeroKhan
Luminary
Luminary

Postby XeroKhan » Wed Apr 16, 2014 9:47 pm

You know what, this idea may take me a long time to figure out. When this goes up for recruiting again, I'll post that character then. As for this recruitment, I will honorably back down, as the character creation will take a LONG time for me to perfect.

Solovar wins. :P

Common Terms I will use:
>D#: Failure by (1-4) Degree
>EFN (Epic Fail Number): A Natural 1
>Nat 10: Taking a Natural 10 on a specific Skill

Bladewind
Overlord
Overlord

Postby Bladewind » Thu Apr 17, 2014 5:50 am

Two new terms added to my vocab this morning.... Squick Factor and Anyhoodie-hoo... can`t believe I`ve never heard of either... man, I`m such a nerd sometimes.

I also love the idea of Solovar, it`s awesome on so many levels. But the idea of a gorilla with super-speed... it just boggles the mind.

Mechmaster
Daredevil
Daredevil

Postby Mechmaster » Thu Apr 17, 2014 12:44 pm

Bladewind wrote:I also love the idea of Solovar, it`s awesome on so many levels. But the idea of a gorilla with super-speed... it just boggles the mind.

What's so mind boggling about a 300 lbs gorilla that can break the sound barrier? :D

Bladewind
Overlord
Overlord

Postby Bladewind » Thu Apr 17, 2014 12:45 pm

The logistics. 8)

I can picture a cheetah running, a person running... but a Gorilla ?!?

anji_kenshin
Collaborator
Collaborator

Postby anji_kenshin » Thu Apr 17, 2014 12:56 pm

Hey guys, are y'all still recruiting?
Check out my Character Thread
Join my Create-a-Contest

Horsenhero
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Re: DCA/3e Young Injustice OOC (Full)-

Postby Horsenhero » Thu Apr 17, 2014 4:41 pm

Well, for certain I have to go with the speedy gorilla...but...if the other players are willing, I could take on a 7th player. The introduction of any new players and characters will have to wait until next chapter begins. Soooo...let me begin the inevitable downfall of the bad bird people.

Heritage367
Hireling
Hireling

Postby Heritage367 » Thu Apr 17, 2014 6:22 pm

I imagine he goes on all fours at high speed, so it would look more like galloping, maybe? Or bounding? Such a fun character concept!

Mechmaster
Daredevil
Daredevil

Postby Mechmaster » Thu Apr 17, 2014 7:27 pm

Heritage367 wrote:I imagine he goes on all fours at high speed, so it would look more like galloping, maybe? Or bounding? Such a fun character concept!

Yeah, that was what I was planning.

Horsenhero wrote:Well, for certain I have to go with the speedy gorilla...but...if the other players are willing, I could take on a 7th player. The introduction of any new players and characters will have to wait until next chapter begins. Soooo...let me begin the inevitable downfall of the bad bird people.

Thanks for choosing Solovar.

Return to “M&M Game Room”