DCA/3e Young Injustice OOC (Full)-

This forum is the place for Mutants & Masterminds Play-By-Post games. Please read the M&M Game Room rules before starting or joining a game. Enjoy!
Heritage367
Hireling
Hireling

Re: DCA/3e Young Injustice OOC (Full)-

Postby Heritage367 » Wed Apr 09, 2014 11:16 am

Sorry to see you go, WD, but sadly RL waits for no one.

Where exactly is the underwater party at this point? Just need to get my bearing before I post.

Horsenhero
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Horsenhero » Wed Apr 09, 2014 11:19 am

Heritage367 wrote:Sorry to see you go, WD, but sadly RL waits for no one.

Where exactly is the underwater party at this point? Just need to get my bearing before I post.

Inside the docks, so if Ana wants to activate her inventions, now is as good a time as any.

Heritage367
Hireling
Hireling

Postby Heritage367 » Wed Apr 09, 2014 11:42 am

Okay, cool; sadly I might have to wait until tomorrow morning to post, because today I'm almost out of time here at the library, and I never did completely figure out my two Inventions stat-wise, and I want to have those posted here before I use them. Yes, I've been slacking off.

(hangs head in shame)

Horsenhero
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Horsenhero » Wed Apr 09, 2014 12:26 pm

Considering I just had one player quit due to RL issues and have two others that haven't posted anything in weeks, I'm not really worried about your slackitude. If not for you and T-man, I'd have put the stake through the heart of this game by now.

Horsenhero
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Horsenhero » Wed Apr 09, 2014 8:31 pm

Okay, EPIC reappeared, so that leaves just one player still ostensibly associated with the game yet to post. I guess that means I can forego any plans for nuclear options and game reboots. Good. I think.

Anyway, I'll be running Velocity for this last bit and hopefully we'll get chapter 3 here wrapped up shortly. As soon as Bladewind posts his pre-initiative actions/thoughts or in some way signals he's ready...we'll begin.

EPIC
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby EPIC » Wed Apr 09, 2014 10:29 pm

Well, I did say before I was mostly watching for now letting other people hog the spotlight. Really had nothing to add during the preparations.

Evolución
Paragon
Paragon

Postby Evolución » Thu Apr 10, 2014 7:05 am

Horsenhero wrote:If not for you and T-man, I'd have put the stake through the heart of this game by now.

=(

Bladewind
Overlord
Overlord

Postby Bladewind » Thu Apr 10, 2014 8:49 am

EPIC wrote:Well, I did say before I was mostly watching for now letting other people hog the spotlight. Really had nothing to add during the preparations.

Then make a grand entrance ! :P

EDIT: Wait, you did that already :facepalm:

Horsenhero
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Horsenhero » Fri Apr 11, 2014 1:57 pm

Evolución wrote:
Horsenhero wrote:If not for you and T-man, I'd have put the stake through the heart of this game by now.

=(

I'm not picking on you Evolucion, it's just that Tattooedman and Heritage367 tried to keep moving things forward when the game was stumbling along, by engaging both npc's and the other pc's, which was critical... because there's only so much the GM can do without player engagement.

Horsenhero
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Horsenhero » Sun Apr 13, 2014 1:20 pm

Okay, we're just waiting on initiative from King of Spades, then we can get this party started.

Evolución
Paragon
Paragon

Postby Evolución » Mon Apr 14, 2014 9:30 am

Horsenhero wrote:
Evolución wrote:

=(

I'm not picking on you Evolucion, it's just that Tattooedman and Heritage367 tried to keep moving things forward when the game was stumbling along, by engaging both npc's and the other pc's, which was critical... because there's only so much the GM can do without player engagement.

I know, just kidding :P

Initiative: 19

Horsenhero
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Re: DCA/3e Young Injustice OOC (Recruiting 1)-

Postby Horsenhero » Tue Apr 15, 2014 12:08 am

Okey dokey, as combat goes on, so the team can end this adventure and gain their HQ (yes, it's a very D&D scenario... meet people, beat them up and take their stuff) I'm going to be looking to replace a member of the team.

Velocity (played by Walking Dad), the team speedster has had to leave the game, which leaves the team at 5 members. One short of the roster I'd like to maintain. I'm pretty niche protective, so there are 5 niches already claimed. 1) Energy Controller (of the Blaster variety) 2) Warrior (Aquatic) 3) Warrior (Strong/Weapon) 4) Paragon 5) Battlesuit/Energy Controller

This leaves a lot of potential archetypes and niches available. For a better idea of what the cast is built like, check out the Injustice Games build thread in Roll Call.

Any proposed characters should still try to cleave pretty closely to the guidelines set out in the first post. PL9 135PP is non-negotiable, but the character doesn't have to be a legacy of a villain. An original hero works too.

Mechmaster
Daredevil
Daredevil

Postby Mechmaster » Tue Apr 15, 2014 9:16 pm

Here is my entry for consideration.
Solovar the Second
PL 9, 135pp = 22 Abilities + 68 Powers + 11 Advantages + 3 Skills + 31 Defense

Abilities:
Strength: 6
Stamina: 6
Agility: 4
Dexterity: 0
Fighting: 5
Intellect: 0
Awareness: 2
Presence: 0

Skills:
Acrobatics +5 (.5pp)
Athletics +6 (0pp)
Deception +0 (0pp)
Insight +2 (0pp)
Intimidation +4 (.5pp)
Perception +4 (2pp)
Persuasion +2 (1pp)
Stealth -2 (0pp)

Advantages:
Close Attack 4
Evasion
Fast Grab
Improved Grab (Linked to Extra Limbs)
Improved Hold
Improved Initiative 2
Move-by Action
Power Attack

Powers:
Gorilla (21pp)
..Extra Arms 2: 2 extra arms; Innate ; Improved Grab
..Growth 6: +6 Str and Sta, +3 Intimidate, -6 Stealth, -3 Active Defenses, +1 Size Category; Innate; Permanent. (13pp)
..Leaping 1: Leap 15ft at 4 miles/hr (1pp)
..Movement 1: Safe Fall (2pp)
..Senses 3: Acute: Smell, Tracking 2: Smell: Full Speed (3pp)

Speed Force (46pp)
..Movement 2: Wall Crawling 2: Full Speed, Limited to while moving (2pp)
..Movement 1: Water Walking 1 (2pp)
..Quickness 10: Perform routine tasks in -10 time ranks (10pp)
..Speed 15: 64000 miles/hr, 120 miles/round (15pp+1 AE)
...[AE] Vibrational Phasing: Insubstantial 3: Energy

..Speedster Tornado: Cone Area Move Object 7: 3 tons; Cone Area: 60ft; Reduced range: Close (14pp+ 2AE)
...[AE] Speed Force Overload: Concentration Affliction 9: 1st: Dazed, 2nd: Stunned, 3rd: Incapacitated; Resisted by Fort, DC 19; Concentration; Grab-based
...[AE] Speed Force Combat: Str-based Burst Area Damage 3: DC 24; Burst Area: 60ft radius sphere, Selective

Offense: Initiative +12
Speed Force Combat, DC 24, Crit 20 (Bludgeoning)
Speed Force Overload, +9 ( DC Fort 19), Crit 20 (Electricity)
Speedster Tornado, DC 17, Crit 20 (Air)
Grab, +9 (DC 16) Crit 20
Throw, +0 (DC 21) Crit 20
Unarmed, +9 (DC 21) Crit 20 (Bludgeoning)

Defense:
Dodge 12
Parry 12
Fortitude 9
Toughness 6
Will 9

Background:
Specimen SF0041 was part of a series of experiments created by Gorilla Grodd to bond a living subject with the Speed Force, the interdimensional energy that fueled the Flash's super speed. An exact clone of Grodd himself, albeit younger and with Grodd's mental powers removed, SF0041 was the only one of his series to successfully establish contact with the Speed Force and survive. At first the bond seemed complete, until Grodd observed that SF0041's link with the Speed Force dimension would random cut out every so often. Grodd ordered Sf0041 to join the Gorilla City military police, so he could test the clone's connect to the Speed Force in combat situations. Little did Grodd know, the Speed Force was slowly deteriorating the tyrannical leader's mental hold over SF0041. However, it wasn't until the young clone was ordered to raid one of the Resistance's headquarters that he finally broke free of Grodd's mind control. The catalyst of his freedom was an old recording of the former King of Gorilla City, King Solovar, that violence and war would bring nothing but ruin to their great city. Suddenly, SF0041 remembered all the pain of the experiments, loss of others that looked just like him, and the fearful look of the citizens of Gorilla City whenever Grodd addressed them. The young clone want to dethrone the villainous dictator immediately. However, SF0041 knew that Grodd was far more experienced at fighting and wasn't above using the citizens as hostages if he needed to. No, the young clone needed to draw Grodd away from the city, away from his people. But the only times Grodd left the city were whenever he had some scheme or to attack the Flash. That's it! If he left the city and then made Grodd angry enough, the destructive brute would come to him and away from his seat of power. Then, he could fight the tyrant on his own terms.
Running back to Grodd's lab at top speed, SF0041 destroyed as much as he could of the cursed place before leaving his home behind. After arriving in the world of humans, the clone donned the colors of his creator's greatest foe and took to fighting crime. At first, crime fighting was just another way to anger Grodd. However, as he continued his heroics, he realized that the humans' world was also being oppressed by evil. The young clone decided then to follow in the footsteps of the Great King Solovar and work towards cooperation between gorilla and mankind. In resolve to this goal and to honor the wisest gorilla he would never get to meet, the clone took the name Solovar. The newly named clone had alot of work to do ahead of him, but he was the fastest gorilla in the world. It wouldn't take long.

Complication:
Motivation: Responsibility (Solovar the Second believes it is his duty to free the people of Gorilla City from the tyranny of Grodd. Like the first Solovar, he believes that only through cooperation with humans can Gorilla City hope to prosper in the future.)

Enemy: Gorilla Grodd (Solovar's "father"/creator, Grodd will use any means to get what he wants. Whether it is through mind control, technology, or plain brute force. The fact that one of his clones is directly defying him, taking the colors and name of two of his worst enemies, makes evil ruler of Gorilla City extremely angry. There is no telling when he will snap and decide to dispose of his failed experiment.)

Reputation: Sins of the Father (Being the clone of an evil talking gorilla with mind control powers makes it hard for people to see Solovar as anything other than another ploy by Gorilla Grodd to somehow rule the world.)

Power Loss: Flawed Speed Force (Solovar was "born" as an experiment to harness the Speed Force. While the experiment was a success for the most part, Solovar never truly bonded with the interdimensional energy. At the GM's discretions, Solovar may loss contact with the Speed Force temporarily and be unable to access any powers under the Speed Force Category.)
Last edited by Mechmaster on Wed Apr 16, 2014 3:16 pm, edited 2 times in total.

XeroKhan
Luminary
Luminary

Postby XeroKhan » Tue Apr 15, 2014 11:18 pm

Allow me to have a shot at this.

Honey Luthor

(Daughter of Lex Luthor... and Queen Bee!?!? :shock: )

BIO:

Coming Soon...

STR 2
STA 2
AGL 6
DEX 0
FGT 3
INT 3
AWE 3
PRE 4
===============================
ADVANTAGES 27

Attractive
Close Attack 13
Defensive Attack
Defensive Roll 6
Instant Up
Move-by Action
Power Attack
Redirect
Seize Initiative
Uncanny Dodge
SKILLS 14

Athletics 4+2
Deception 4+4
Insight 4+3
Intimidation 4+4
Perception 4+3
Persuasion 4+4
Technology 4+3
POWERS

(Korllian Flight)
Flight 6
>120 MPH

(Korllian Reflexes)
Enhanced Advantages 6
>Improved Initiative

Quickness 6
OFFENSE

Initiative +30

Unarmed +16 [19-20; DC 17]
DEFENSE

Fort 6+2
Will 7+3

Dodge 4+6
Parry 7+3
Tough +2 (+6 D. Roll)

She may not actually be the "speedster" that one may look for, but she can certainly fill in that place with her natural Korll traits. And, yes, Lex Luthor and Zazzala having a child is very unusual; however, the two have vastly worked together for many years. A relationship is there, so why not?

Common Terms I will use:
>D#: Failure by (1-4) Degree
>EFN (Epic Fail Number): A Natural 1
>Nat 10: Taking a Natural 10 on a specific Skill

Horsenhero
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Horsenhero » Wed Apr 16, 2014 12:15 am

Xerokhan...I want to see the bio for this character, especially since Lex Luthor already has a son in the game this game spun off of. Also, I didn't mean that speedster had to be pitched. There are several archetypes floating around (psionic, construct, costumed adventurer, etc) that haven't been used...or are currently not being used. Anyway, Honey looks interesting.

Mechmaster...I told you by pm and I'll repeat it now...who doesn't like super-gorillas? Super gorillas are awesome. A super fast, super gorilla is just awesome at a higher rate of speed.

Return to “M&M Game Room”