Crinoverse: Young Avengers IC: Bastards/Shock

This forum is the place for Mutants & Masterminds Play-By-Post games. Please read the M&M Game Room rules before starting or joining a game. Enjoy!
Crinos
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Crinoverse: Young Avengers IC: Bastards/Shock

Post by Crinos »

Crinos Proudly presents:

Avengers Academy

Prologue

Season one:

School Daze
Extra Credit
Teenage wasteland
Shadow over Forton
Class Act
Team Buiilding
New Kid in town
Parent Teacher Night
Technical difficulty
Make mine Malva
Winter Breaks
Field Trips
This is what they want
Standardized Tests Part 1
Part 2
Part 3

Season 2
Bastards of Evil/ A Shocking Night

Movie
Multiversal Mayhem

In deep space, two forces streak through the void, neck and neck to one another. Both of them heading towards an innocuous blue orb known as Earth. One of these forces comes to bring death to our world.

The other comes to die, and perhaps with his death bring his world a chance for survival.

But enough of that for now, now its time to go to...

"Avenger Island!" The News reporter says into the camera, "Yes, here at Avenger Island, a whole four months after Emerald City was all but destroyed by an invasion of undead monsters, seemingly perpetrated by former Mayor Xellos Metallium. The Avengers have since relocated their base here, to Avengers Island, a formerly uninhabited island of the coast of Emerald City, it is now home to the Hall of heroes,a high tech installation to help the Earth's Mightiest heroes in their never ending battle against the forces of evil. But that is not the story here, today the story is about the so called Avengers Academy, a super secret High tech facility built to help train the next generation of super heroes, founded by Former Avenger, Troy Alexander. Here with me now, is the man himself, Troy Alexander. Troy, what inspired you to found the Avengers Academy."

"Well first of all the proper name for the school is the Cathak Xiao Lon school of higher education. As for the reasoning, it was inspired by the same named individual, honestly none of this would be possible without him."

"Yes, and will the school be here on the island?"

"Certainly not, Avenger Island is too exposed and too cramped for a super school, the students are only here today for the opening ceremony and to get a look at the Island. The actual school will be in an undisclosed location."

"Ooh, why so mysterious?"

"The Avengers, like any successful super hero team, have earned some dangerous enemies, it just makes sense to keep the location a secret."

As Troy continues his interview, the rest of you, well most of you, are out there mingling among the students. There are kids of all shapes sizes and descriptions, of over a dozen nationalities, ages, and genders. Some look normal, some are obviously aliens or something else. The Avengers themselves are hanging out in the crowd alongside super heroes, government officials, and other important people.

As you guys are getting to know other students, suddenly an AEGIS air ship lands near the coast of the island. As it nears the ground a pair of armed AEGIS guards disembark with two more teens. One of them is a handsome young man (Yamainu) who has his hands shackled together. The other is a mysterious looking kid wearing a heavy coat and a burlap sack on his head. (Foxfire.)

The Two of you are the last to arrive, having been brought here in lieu of jail time due to your past... indiscretions. Yamainu, you earned those manacles by throwing around some AEGIS goons and making trouble. Foxfire, nobody really messed with you, but you can tell people have been staring at you.

"Alright Wolf kid." One of the agents says as he removes your manacles, "No more messing around. You screw up here, you'll be cooling your heels in Super Alcatraz, so you better watch out."

Yamainu, as you approach the throng of kids, a fishy smell hits your nose. Its a familiar smell, the smell of the kid hero who beat you and got you into this mess. You see the kid talking to a blonde girl in a weird mismatched cloak: The Fish Man Lagoon Boy.

Foxfire, as you approach the crowd, you notice nobody is staring at you or even reacting to you.

(Alright, gonna give you guys a chance to interact and post what you are doing, before we move onto the good stuff.)
Last edited by Crinos on Sun Apr 20, 2014 11:19 am, edited 21 times in total.

Yeoman
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Re: Crinoverse: Avengers Academy IC: Open doors

Post by Yeoman »

Yuki was, actually a little disappointed. She'd expected a little more... well super-hero in a super-hero school. Some costumes at least. There had better be costumes later. The closest she had was the body suit that changed form with her so she didn't end up stark naked every time she changed shape.

Still, at least there were some real supers here. And they'd actually talk to her!

Crinos
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by Crinos »

Yeoman wrote:Yuki was, actually a little disappointed. She'd expected a little more... well super-hero in a super-hero school. Some costumes at least. There had better be costumes later. The closest she had was the body suit that changed form with her so she didn't end up stark naked every time she changed shape.

Still, at least there were some real supers here. And they'd actually talk to her!
As you are hanging out, you notice two figures familiar to you.

The first is Dimensional Pirate Fandango, the Avenger who "Discovered" You and the other Japanese recruits to the Academy. Next to him is Haruhi Suzumiya. You don't know much about her aside the fact she's a cape chaser like you were, and she seemingly has no powers, and she apparently just got in her because of her connection to "Aniki" (As she calls Fandango.) Nearby, you see Haruhi's cronies, the SOS Brigade who were also transferred in, They seem to be staring daggers at Fandango for some reason.

"Pretty big crowd huh?"

You nearly jump out of your skin as behind you appears Kenji Uedo, AKA Zero. Zero is kind of the reason you are here: You met Fandango while he was fighting Zero when he went on a massive rampage as a giant monster during his initial breakout.

kenseido
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by kenseido »

Yamainu

Kaito just glares at the AEGIS guard as he gives his warning. Nobody was impressed, and that only made his temperament that much worse.

As he walks towards the crowd, not to mingle but to blend in; he catches that familiar fishy smell. He lets out a heavy sigh.

Kaito walks over to the man and waits patiently to be acknowledged by him. It seems like forever before he turns and looks at him.

"I'm... sorry... for messing up your party. It was wrong... and I... hope... we can be friends."

If nothing else, it will get that crazy, green haired psychiatrist off his back.
-----------------------------
Kenseido's Menagerie of Characters

Crinos
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by Crinos »

kenseido wrote:Yamainu

Kaito just glares at the AEGIS guard as he gives his warning. Nobody was impressed, and that only made his temperament that much worse.

As he walks towards the crowd, not to mingle but to blend in; he catches that familiar fishy smell. He lets out a heavy sigh.

Kaito walks over to the man and waits patiently to be acknowledged by him. It seems like forever before he turns and looks at him.

"I'm... sorry... for messing up your party. It was wrong... and I... hope... we can be friends."

If nothing else, it will get that crazy, green haired psychiatrist off his back.
Lagoon Boy gets a smirk on his face, like he's enjoying this, but then the girl he's with gives him a sharp jab in the ribs.

"Um, apology accepted." He offers is hand to shake, "I'm La'gann by the way."

"And I'm Susan Sally." The scythe girl says, "Call me Susan."

Yeoman
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by Yeoman »

Crinos wrote: As you are hanging out, you notice two figures familiar to you.

The first is Dimensional Pirate Fandango, the Avenger who "Discovered" You and the other Japanese recruits to the Academy. Next to him is Haruhi Suzumiya. You don't know much about her aside the fact she's a cape chaser like you were, and she seemingly has no powers, and she apparently just got in her because of her connection to "Aniki" (As she calls Fandango.) Nearby, you see Haruhi's cronies, the SOS Brigade who were also transferred in, They seem to be staring daggers at Fandango for some reason.

"Pretty big crowd huh?"

You nearly jump out of your skin as behind you appears Kenji Uedo, AKA Zero. Zero is kind of the reason you are here: You met Fandango while he was fighting Zero when he went on a massive rampage as a giant monster during his initial breakout.
Calming back down she hooks a thumb at Suzumiya and company, and in Japanese asks, "So what's their deal? I didn't think they were training sidekicks here. And why do they rate attention from one of the Great Lakes Avengers?"

Kreuzritter
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by Kreuzritter »

Durga
HP 1, Condition: on duty

She stands like the rock of the eternal shore, the tides of her so-called peers milling aout her, her height such that newcomers might mistake her for one of their teachers. she tries to ignore their gossip, their attempts not to stare, the whispers behind the back. she shakes her head, her short, metallic fire engine-hued hair breifly obscuring her eyes before she pushes it back. Lady Yuna is in attendance as Xiao's sister-in-law, and so her former handmaiden will prove her strength to her lady.

"Do not let them trouble you," she says to the boy at her side, his skin as pale and gray as ash, as she tries to lay a comforting hand on his shoulder. "you are above such base concerns, mast...Evan."

She is Durga, Daughter of Gongen the Colossus, both of them servants to the House of Nur, and its head, En Sabah Nur, Lord Apocalypse, dead these past months.

"Thanks sis," replies the small boy named Evan, his smile clear even without the blue lines that run about his lips to profile the outline of his cheekbones,"this is a lot different than Kansas... my first big crowd too."

He is Evan Sabahnur, Durga's charge and 'half-brother', unaware that there is no relation of blood between them, much less that he is the reincarnation of Lord Apocalypse, now posessing the memories of a Kansas farmboy.

I want him to have a normal life,, that was Lady Yuna's request for her returned father, that by living among humans, he might be able to change, escape the shadow of the monster he used to be.

"Come on," Durga says, hoisting Evan up like he weighs nothing, placing him on her broad shoulders, "Let your big half-sister give you a better look at what's up on stage."

"Are you gonna fight the guy in the handcuffs?" Evan asks her, "Mr. Alexander made you promise to at least go through the opening without fighting."

"If he leaves us alone, I'll leave him alone." Durga says, as she absently shakes her fist in contempt at her hated rival, Kid Gladiator, returning his own contempuous gesture.

"Promise?" Evan asks.

"I Promise."

An ashen finger dips before her seemingly empty white eyes

"Pinkie promise?" Evan asks with an unknowing hint of how seriously his former incarnation took all transactions.

without a word, Durga's green-skinned pinkie meets Evan's and they shake upon it, a binding contract between a reborn demigod and his guardian/adoptive half-sister.

she allows herself a crack of a smile. the boy's enthusiasm infectious today
Last edited by Kreuzritter on Sun Apr 14, 2013 8:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kreuz Control Promotions: over 2800 builds served, and counting...
Crinoverse: Contributions

Crinos
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by Crinos »

Yeoman wrote:
Crinos wrote: As you are hanging out, you notice two figures familiar to you.

"Pretty big crowd huh?"

Calming back down she hooks a thumb at Suzumiya and company, and in Japanese asks, "So what's their deal? I didn't think they were training sidekicks here. And why do they rate attention from one of the Great Lakes Avengers?"
Haruhi snorts in contempt. "I'm here because Aniki recognizes real talent when he see's it. Present company excluded of course. You may not know this, but I managed to solo a Death God with a giant robot (Which those stuck up Green Lantern guys stole from me.) So its only a matter of time before I get a breakout myself and become a super hero."

kenseido
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by kenseido »

Yamianu

Kaito shakes his hand without so much as a grimace. "Kaito."

He offers a nod to the girl with the scythe. "Nice to meet you, Susan. Looking forward to seeing you all around campus."

The Samson guy said it would go something like this, though Kaito didn't believe him. He said a lot of things, some of it made sense and some didn't. He's also the one who kept him out of jail, testifying at his trial that the Academy was a better place for him.

He wasn't so sure about the father stuff, but hey Samson got him out of jail, and he only has to see him once a week.

"Well, I'll let you get back to your conversation." Kaito begins to move away from the group.
-----------------------------
Kenseido's Menagerie of Characters

EnigmaticOne
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by EnigmaticOne »

Super Logar

Gavin flitted about, in quick glowing burst of speed, experimenting with his powers while observing everything around. Ok, lots of people, lots of variety... *Lotsa hot chicks.*

Gavin blinked, now Logar seemed all over the place at times, even on a more teenage kick, but Logar never had that sort of viewpoint. *What now? I never learned you liked people like that.*

*Hey, I can appreciate the view of a nice girl... or guy. Like that hawt guy talking to La'gann. What a babe.* Gavin blinked and then facepalmed, trying to erase that mental image... and skidding to a swift stop right in front of Evan and Durga.

*I... did not... need that image...*
Impeach the peach!

Crinos
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by Crinos »

Kreuzritter wrote:Durga
HP 1, Condition: on duty

She stands like the rock of the eternal shore, the tides of her so-called peers milling aout her, her height such that newcomers might mistake her for one of their teachers. she tries to ignore their gossip, their attempts not to stare, the whispers behind the back. she shakes her head, her short, metallic fire engine-hued hair breifly obscuring her eyes before she pushes it back. Lady Yuna is in attendance as Xiao's sister-in-law, and so her former handmaiden will prove her strength to her lady.

"Do not let them trouble you," she says to the boy at her side, his skin as pale and gray as ash, as she tries to lay a comforting hand on his shoulder. "you are above such base concerns, mast...Evan."

She is Durga, Daughter of Gongen the Colossus, both of them servants to the House of Nur, and its head, En Sabah Nur, Lord Apocalypse, dead these past months.

"Thanks sis," replies the small boy named Evan, his smile clear even without the blue lines that run about his lips to profile the outline of his cheekbones,"this is a lot different than Kansas... my first big crowd too."

He is Evan Sabahnur, Durga's charge and 'half-brother', unaware that there is no relation of blood between them, much less that he is the reincarnation of Lord Apocalypse, now posessing the memories of a Kansas farmboy.

I want him to have a normal life,, that was Lady Yuna's request for her returned father, that by living among humans, he might be able to change, escape the shadow of the monster he used to be.

"Come on," Durga says, hoisting Evan up like he weighs nothing, placing him on her broad shoulders, "Let your big half-sister give you a better look at what's up on stage."

"Are you gonna fight the werewolf?" Evan asks her, "Mr. Alexander made you promise to at least go through the opening without fighting."

"If he leaves us alone, I'll leave him alone." Durga says, as she absently shakes her fist in contempt at her hated rival, Kid Gladiator, returning his own contempuous gesture.

"Promise?" Evan asks.

"I Promise."

An ashen finger dips before her seemingly empty white eyes

"Pinkie promise?" Evan asks with an unknowing hint of how seriously his former incarnation took all transactions.

without a word, Durga's green-skinned pinkie meets Evan's and they shake upon it, a binding contract between a reborn demigod and his guardian/adoptive half-sister.

she allows herself a crack of a smile. the boy's enthusiasm infectious today
As you are looking around, you notice a dark skinned girl along with a purple haired young man come along.

"Oh hey." The girl says, "I'm Grace. And you are?"

Yeoman
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by Yeoman »

Crinos wrote:
Haruhi snorts in contempt. "I'm here because Aniki recognizes real talent when he see's it. Present company excluded of course. You may not know this, but I managed to solo a Death God with a giant robot (Which those stuck up Green Lantern guys stole from me.) So its only a matter of time before I get a breakout myself and become a super hero."
"Ha, if you're looking for real talent, look no further than the Magnificent Menagerie. I not only have real powers already, I was the founding member and chairman of the Great Lakes Avengers fan club, Japan Division.

"How about your friends," she says, pointing behind Suzumiya, "Any of them powered yet?"

Yuki is, however, more than a little threatened. She was at Metacon and saw that battle, albeit, before she had powers of her own. She is, however, oblivious to the fact that to anyone else, they look like two teenage girls fuming at each other in Japanese right before a catfight breaks out.

Kreuzritter
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by Kreuzritter »

"Durga," she says, trying to smile, "this is my Half-brother, Evan."

"We're from Kansas," Evan says, his arm telescoping down witha biomechanial hiss so he can first shake Grace's hand, then that of her companion.

"He's from Kansas," Durga corrects, "I am an Evo-Lutionary, a champion of High Lemuria, among the 150 best whose games were broadcast on your televisions, before we were flung out across the globe."

"Don't mind if sis is a bit grouchy on that, she came in 149th."

Durga frowns at that casual reminder of her weakness and inadequacy, barely pulling ahead of the 150 who were also cast out from High Lemuria, but were, and still are expected to die gruesome deaths amongst the barbarous creatures called humans.
Kreuz Control Promotions: over 2800 builds served, and counting...
Crinoverse: Contributions

Phrozen
Luminary
Luminary

Post by Phrozen »

Foxfire

Foxfire stayed at the edge of the crowd. He really didn't recognize or know the names of a lot of the persons at the ceremony. He saw some flashes of costumes that was familiar with due to the glimpses he saw on TV but his drifting from town to town across the southwest left little time for him to keep up with current events.

Your fears were unjustified/not collaborated Jared. No one is noticing/staring at us. Shan spoke in his mind. "That is because I am not getting close enough for them to smell me." Jared talked to Shan out loud. During his drifting days, it helped his disguise as others just thought he was another mentally ill homeless person.

We think that socializing/interacting will be good for us. We also need instruction/schooling. "Yeah, just what until they find out what a freakshow we are." As I have informed/explained to you Jared, evolution/adaptation takes time. Every time you hurt yourself takes longer/slows down the process. Jared was busy talking with Shan and wasn't paying attention to where he was going.

Crinos
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by Crinos »

Yeoman wrote:
Crinos wrote:
"Ha, if you're looking for real talent, look no further than the Magnificent Menagerie. I not only have real powers already, I was the founding member and chairman of the Great Lakes Avengers fan club, Japan Division.

"How about your friends," she says, pointing behind Suzumiya, "Any of them powered yet?"

Yuki is, however, more than a little threatened. She was at Metacon and saw that battle, albeit, before she had powers of her own. She is, however, oblivious to the fact that to anyone else, they look like two teenage girls fuming at each other in Japanese right before a catfight breaks out.
"Nah, those guys don't have powers. But you never know, Anything is possible. Anyways, I'm going to go see if some of the alien students got any gadgets they are willing to let me 'borrow'."

Haruhi rushes off, with her crew following close behind. Fandango comes over, "Hey, what's up Yuki?"