2e Emerald City Knights OOC (full)

This forum is the place for Mutants & Masterminds Play-By-Post games. Please read the M&M Game Room rules before starting or joining a game. Enjoy!
Ysariel
Paragon
Paragon

2e Emerald City Knights OOC (full)

Postby Ysariel » Wed Apr 03, 2013 10:55 pm

In the Pacific Northwest near the Atlas mountains sits glittering Emerald City atop Mallory Bay. Long a gateway to the Far East with a significant Asian population, Emerald grew from a sleepy, backwards city to a vibrant, cosmopolitan metropolis with the establishment of high-tech startups such as SysCo, Future Dynamics and MarsTech in the 1990's. Stable and dependable for as long as anyone can remember, the city has had but a handful of costumed champions over the decades and hardly any supercriminal element. From the Emerald City University campus in the south to the Eastern District of Jadetown, from the dockside industrial zone to modern Emerald Tower and the affectionately-named Yellow Brick Row in the shopping district, the city skies have stayed mercifully free of super-powered battles, the only monster on the horizon being the silhouette of Mt. Stanley's dormant volcanic peak.

But nothing lasts forever...

When a mysterious silver explosion kills dozens and swamps the city in newly-empowered superhumans, Emerald City finds itself the epicenter of an all-out metahuman war. As villains from across the States converge on the city and conspiracies gather about its most powerful man, old secrets come to light and make sure things will never be the same again. And while the pawns and knights play their parts, something ancient, something immeasurably powerful, stirs in the depths.

Now a darker shadow looms over the city and her people.

Now all that stand between them and annihilation are --

The Emerald City Knights

Starring
badpenny as Silverbird / Aranea
baixiwei as Chrysalis
Fuzzyboots as Mockingbird
Gilliam as Jackie Frost
kenseido as Photon / Kisai
Omega Girl as Stormbreaker

Season One: Emerald City Knights

Season Two: Emerald City Days

:arrow: This is not open recruitment. Unless I have sent you an invite, please do not submit a character. Thanks.

:arrow: 2nd edition, PL 10, 150pp.

:arrow: This is a four-color, city heroes game dealing with the threats facing Emerald City.

:arrow: House rules
-- Ultimate Power replaces powers and effects chapter from 2e core
-- All characters can use maneuvers such as Power Attack without having the relevant feat, up to a maximum of +2/-2. Having the feat lets you use maneuvers up to +5/-5.
-- The Mighty power feat is free, i.e. you can make Strikes Str-based for no cost.
-- No lethal damage allowed

:arrow: The story starts off with the mass super empowering event, the Silver Storm. You can chose to have your characters be normal people who gain their abilities from this incident (you will gain all your powers before the first die roll happens).

:arrow: Above all else make sure you have a character you are enthusiastic and eager to post for.

:arrow: Please no abusive or plot-busting builds.

I look forward to seeing your work :mrgreen:
Last edited by Ysariel on Thu Apr 24, 2014 5:06 am, edited 13 times in total.
My stuff • I GM Emerald City Knights, Adventures Assemble! (with kenseido)

Nillaman
Firebrand
Firebrand

Re: 2e Emerald City Knights OOC (closed)

Postby Nillaman » Wed Apr 03, 2013 11:18 pm

Sorry to see this didn't get off the ground.
Roster: http://www.atomicthinktank.com/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=47345

Zork is the best onomatopoeia in the world.

ClassDunce
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby ClassDunce » Thu Apr 04, 2013 12:17 am

Nillaman wrote:Sorry to see this didn't get off the ground.

*Raises an Eyebrow* The post had been up for just over twenty minutes when you posted this... Just over two hours when I post this. What do you mean didn't get off the ground?
"When they ask how I died, tell them: still angry." - Quellcrist Falconer

Omega Girl
Superhero
Superhero

Re: 2e Emerald City Knights OOC (full)

Postby Omega Girl » Thu Apr 04, 2013 12:44 am

I'm tossing around a few ideas, but I'm thinking either an aquatic brick, an archer, or an earth-controller. The brick and the terra-kinetic would be stormers, but the archer would be one of Emerald City's few pre-existing heroes.

Anyone else set on one particular party role?

ClassDunce
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby ClassDunce » Thu Apr 04, 2013 12:53 am

I kind of think that I'm going to do something that I don't normally do. I'm going to pitch a variation on a character that I played in a different short lived game. I'm going to have to make some changes to make her more appropriately four color and bring her down to the right player level. But the concept will still be the same. An elderly woman given a second lease on life but with a twist. We'll cut out the inescapable urge to eat people. That's just not four color.

~deleted~
Last edited by ClassDunce on Thu Apr 04, 2013 1:15 am, edited 1 time in total.

Ysariel
Paragon
Paragon

Postby Ysariel » Thu Apr 04, 2013 1:11 am

Natalie Cameron (Old) - PL 3

I'm very sorry. :( I should have stated this more clearly, but I am not practicing open recruitment for now. Unless I have PMed you, please do not submit characters.

ClassDunce
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby ClassDunce » Thu Apr 04, 2013 1:17 am

Ysariel wrote:I'm very sorry. :( I should have stated this more clearly, but I am not practicing open recruitment for now. Unless I have PMed you, please do not submit characters.

Well that probably should have been in your post... You didn't mention already having a cast at all it looks like an open recruitment post. You guys have fun.

Arthur Eld
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Arthur Eld » Thu Apr 04, 2013 12:09 pm

I'm thinking I'll do a Stormer, and maybe an object/energy mimic. Probably with the Complication that he can't always control his powers, especially at first. So if he's standing on stone, he'll turn rocky and brick-like, but if he gets hit by a lightning bolt, he'll turn into an electric man.

Ysariel
Paragon
Paragon

Postby Ysariel » Thu Apr 04, 2013 1:18 pm

Omega Girl wrote:I'm tossing around a few ideas, but I'm thinking either an aquatic brick, an archer, or an earth-controller. The brick and the terra-kinetic would be stormers, but the archer would be one of Emerald City's few pre-existing heroes.

All fine ideas. :) For the archer, if you were one of EC's few existing heroes before the silver storm you'll come pre-loaded with a bunch of complications, including Fame (one of the only capes for miles around), Enemy (with the city's criminal underworld), and Prejudice (most citizens and police will appreciate your work, but a few exceptions will consider you a nuisance/glory hog).

Arthur Eld wrote:I'm thinking I'll do a Stormer, and maybe an object/energy mimic. Probably with the Complication that he can't always control his powers, especially at first. So if he's standing on stone, he'll turn rocky and brick-like, but if he gets hit by a lightning bolt, he'll turn into an electric man.

That's the 5pp/rank version of Mimic (all traits at once), if you're using the Mimic power. Just remember that depending on what you mimic, your caps may change or you may not be capped. For energy types it's easy since you can get force field per an energy controller of that type, but for objects, you're limited to the material toughness of the object. So you could mimic a paper plane to fly, but then you'd have toughness 0 (I'd probably still allow high toughness for mimicking rocks, even though stone has only toughness 5).

I probably wouldn't allow you to mimic complex objects (computers, battlesuits, vehicles).

Nillaman
Firebrand
Firebrand

Postby Nillaman » Thu Apr 04, 2013 4:59 pm

ClassDunce wrote:
Nillaman wrote:Sorry to see this didn't get off the ground.

*Raises an Eyebrow* The post had been up for just over twenty minutes when you posted this... Just over two hours when I post this. What do you mean didn't get off the ground?

Oh, it said 'Closed' earlier, I thought it had been taken down. >.<
Roster: http://www.atomicthinktank.com/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=47345

Zork is the best onomatopoeia in the world.

baixiwei
Overlord
Overlord

Postby baixiwei » Thu Apr 04, 2013 5:23 pm

Up to date version is here; original version is below.

CHRYSALIS
PL 10, 162 pp

Abilities:
Strength 34, Dexterity 10, Constitution 14, Intelligence 8, Wisdom 18, Charisma 8

Combat:
Attack 4 (8 in melee or with thrown objects), Damage 12 (unarmed / sword), Defense 7 / 4 flatfooted, Initiative 0, Grapple 20 / 26 with Super-Strength, Knockback -12

Saving Throws:
Toughness 13 (11 impervious), Fortitude 7 (9), Reflex 7 (7), Will 9 (13)

Skills:
Concentration 8 (12), Notice 8 (12), Sense Motive 14 (18), Diplomacy 10 (9)

Feats:
All-out Attack, Attack Focus (Melee) 4, Interpose, Move-by Action, Power Attack, Attack Specialization (Thrown Objects) 2

Powers:

Spiritual Might (Enhanced Strength 24, Affects Insubstantial 2) - 26 pp + 3 APs
  • AP: Soul Blade (Strike 12, Alternate Save: Will [+1], Extended Reach, Improved Critical) - 1 pp
  • AP: Breath of Life (Healing 8, others only [-1], standard action [+1], total [+1], persistent) - 1 pp
  • AP: Heart's Touch (Emotion Control 10, Touch Range [-2], Burst Area [+1], Selective Attack [+1], Reversible, Ignores Cover) - 1 pp

Spiritual Chrysalis - 49 pp
  • Protection 11, Impervious [+1], Impervious Toughness 1, Innate, Noticeable - 23 pp
  • Immunity 6, all environmental conditions and environmental suffocation, Innate - 7 pp
  • Flight 8 (Dynamic, DAP: Super-Strength 8) - 19 pp

Dreamlike Awareness (Super-Senses 5 - acute spatial awareness, ranged detect emotion) - 7 pp

Empathic Link (Comprehend 3 - all languages at once; Mental Communication 2, Area [+1]) - 10 pp

Drawbacks:

• Blind (common, minor) -4
  • Mute (uncommon, minor) -1
  • Illiterate (uncommon, minor) -1

Complications:

• Motivation: doing good. Chrys connects to people on an emotional level and cannot stand by when people are suffering or in need.
  • Quirk: Transparent Emotions. Chrys's empathic communication is not entirely voluntary. Anyone in direct contact with her, and therefore with her soul, can automatically sense her emotions without the need for a Sense Motive check.
  • Quirk: innocence. Chrys has virtually no experience of life in the world and can be extremely naive. Canny villains could exploit this as a weakness, although her incredible perceptiveness makes her hard to deceive.
  • Weakness: mental attacks. Due to the manifest state of her soul, when she fails a saving throw against a mental attack, Chrys takes physical damage as if the effect were damaging (except that the base DC of the effect is not raised to 15 as for other damaging effects).

The Math: Abilities 8 + Combat 22 + Saving Throws 23 + Skills 10 + Feats 10 + Powers 95 - Drawbacks 6 = 162pp

Original version wrote:I'd like to submit Chrysalis. The concept is 'spiritual energy controller', a mix of paragon, powerhouse, and energy controller.

The long background is below, but to sum it up, she is wraped in an energy aura which gives her enhanced strength, invulnerability, and flight. The aura is actually her soul. Having it outside her body alters her experience of reality. She's not capable of a conscious, rational state like other people. She sees everything through a spiritual veil, as if in a dream.

Originally this is supposed to be a congenital condition. But I'm thinking I could alter the background so that, while she's always been in this 'soul-on-the-outside' state, it's only the recent silver storm that awakens her and allows her to move about, making use of her powers. Does that work?

CHRYSALIS
PL 10, 150 pp

Abilities:
Strength 34, Dexterity 10, Constitution 14, Intelligence 8, Wisdom 18, Charisma 8

Combat:
Attack 4 (8 in melee), Damage 12 (unarmed / sword), Defense 7 / 4 flatfooted, Initiative 0, Grapple 20 / 26 with Super-Strength, Knockback -12

Saving Throws:
Toughness 13 (11 impervious), Fortitude 6 (8), Reflex 6 (6), Will 9 (13)

Skills:
Concentration 8 (12), Notice 8 (12), Sense Motive 14 (18), Diplomacy 10 (9)

Feats:
All-out Attack, Attack Focus (Melee) 4

Powers:

Spiritual Might (Enhanced Strength 24, Affects Insubstantial 2) - 26 pp + 3 APs
  • AP: Soul Blade (Strike 12, Alternate Save: Will [+1], Extended Reach, Improved Critical) - 1 pp
  • AP: Inner Radiance (Dazzle 8, Visual and Mental @ 3/rank, Touch Range [-1], Burst Area [+1]) - 1 pp
  • AP: Heart's Touch (Healing 12, Persistent) - 1 pp

Spiritual Chrysalis - 43 pp
  • Protection 11, Impervious [+1], Innate, Noticeable - 22 pp
  • Immunity 6, all environmental conditions and environmental suffocation, Innate - 7 pp
  • Flight 6 (Dynamic, DAP: Super-Strength 6) - 15 pp

Dreamlike Awareness (Super-Senses 5 - acute spatial awareness, ranged detect emotion) - 7 pp

Empathic Link (Comprehend 3 - all languages at once; Mental Communication 2, Area [+1]) - 10 pp

Drawbacks:

• Blind (uncommon, minor) -4
  • Mute (uncommon, minor) -1
  • Illiterate (uncommon, minor) -1

Complications:

• Motivation: doing good. Chrys connects to people on an emotional level and cannot stand by when people are suffering or in need.
  • Quirk: Transparent Emotions. Chrys's empathic communication is not entirely voluntary. Anyone in direct contact with her, and therefore with her soul, can automatically sense her emotions without the need for a Sense Motive check.
  • Quirk: innocence. Chrys has virtually no experience of life in the world and can be extremely naive. Canny villains could exploit this as a weakness, although her incredible perceptiveness makes her hard to deceive.
  • Weakness: mental attacks. Due to the manifest state of her soul, when she fails a saving throw against a mental attack, Chrys takes physical damage as if the effect were damaging (except that the base DC of the effect is not raised to 15 as for other damaging effects).

The Math: Abilities 8 + Combat 22 + Saving Throws 21 + Skills 10 + Feats 5 + Powers 90 - Drawbacks 6 = 150pp

Background wrote:Christina Romano, now the hero known as Chrysalis, was born catatonic, her body surrounded by a scintillating aura of light. For the first several years of her life, she attracted a great deal of public attention - some from scientists wishing to study her, some from religious devotees who considered her birth the sign of a new age. But no diagnosis could be made, no new age dawned, interest waned, and the world gradually forgot about her. Christina slept on.

One day - Christina had just turned nineteen - the hospital in which she slept was rocked by a series of explosions, collateral damage from a super-powered battle raging across the city. Sleeping, she heard the cries of fear and pain, and more - she felt the need of the people trapped inside the building, as fire spread. Answering this need, the catatonic girl rose from her bed, her aura flaring around her like a star's corona, then shaping itself into translucent armor against which the flames licked harmlessly and collapsing masonry glanced without effect. She quickly gathered the patients and staff in need of help, smashed an exit through the walls with casual ease, and brought the people to safety. Though she spoke never a word - her eyes remained closed in sleep the entire time - her touch brought solace to the wounded, filling them with calm and peace, even healing burns and knitting broken bones.

More miracles came later, and Christina returned to the public eye. One reporter likened her sleeping state to that of a butterfly still in its chrysalis, and the name stuck. Despite her growing fame, few if any in the world know the nature of her condition and her powers. It is this: unlike most people, who hide their souls in their innermost depths and never know its true power, Chrysalis wears hers on the outside. Manifest in the physical world, her soul is a tremendous energy source, even a weapon. Her state has its disadvantages, though: a spiritual veil hangs between her and the outside world, separating her forever from the clarity of waking consciousness or dispassionate rationality. She lives as if in a dream, everything she sees colored with emotional and spiritual significance.

Fortunately for the world, her dream is a dream of heroism, and dream though it may be for her, for all those she has saved and will save, it is reality.
Last edited by baixiwei on Sun Feb 09, 2014 11:02 pm, edited 7 times in total.
Baixiwei's Character Builds and Conversions

If only you could see what I've seen with your eyes.

FuzzyBoots
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby FuzzyBoots » Thu Apr 04, 2013 8:49 pm

Mockingbird
Citizen name: John Christopher Levinson

Power Level: 11; Power Points Spent: 175/175

STR: +4 (18), DEX: +5 (20), CON: +7 (24), INT: +3 (16), WIS: +2 (14), CHA: +3 (16)

Tough: +7/+11, Fort: +8, Ref: +12, Will: +7

Skills: Acrobatics 8 (+13), Bluff 12 (+15), Climb 6 (+10), Computers 1 (+4), Concentration 5 (+7), Diplomacy 2 (+5), Disable Device 4 (+7), Disguise 4 (+7/+27), Drive 4 (+9), Escape Artist 4 (+9), Gather Information 10 (+13) Intimidate 10 (+13), Knowledge (history) 5 (+8), Knowledge (tactics) 10 (+13), Language 1 (+1), Medicine 2 (+4), Notice 8 (+10), Pilot 4 (+9), Sense Motive 5 (+7), Sleight of Hand 1 (+6), Stealth 8 (+13), Survival 6 (+8), Swim 8 (+12)

Feats: Accurate Attack, Attack Specialization 3 (Hammered Sickle (Device 2)), Challenge - Face in the Crowd*, Cult Hero (Communists)**, Defensive Attack, Defensive Roll, Dodge Focus 6, Equipment 3, Evasion, Improved Disarm, Improved Initiative, Inspire 2 (+2), Jack-of-All-Trades, Master Plan, Move-By Action, Power Attack, Quick Draw, Seize Initiative, Skill Mastery (Acrobatics, Bluff, Disguise, Stealth), Takedown Attack 2, Uncanny Dodge (Auditory)
* You can craft a disguise that is less likely to draw attention. Only people who specifically single you out and try to notice your deception receive Notice checks to do so. Guards and other passive observers take no special notice of you unless you draw attention to yourself or interact directly with them. The feat bypasses the normal -5 penalty to do this.
** Such characters are well-known, beloved figures within a subculture and receive a +4 bonus per rank on all Charisma-based skill checks involving anyone belonging to that particular group. This bonus cannot increase your total effective skill rank higher than the campaign's power level limit.

The downside is they're considered infamous and distrusted by at least one other group equal or larger in size to the one that adores them. When dealing with detractors, all Charisma-based skill checks are penalized by -2 per rank.

Powers:
Hammered Sickle (Device 3) (Easy to lose) [9 pp]
. . Attack Array 6.5
. . . . Strike 6 (DC 25; Penetrating; Mighty)
. . . . Blast 4 (DC 23; Accurate, Mighty 4 (+4 to damage)) — He throws his weapon Captain America-style, catching it pretty infallibly on the rebound.
. . . . Launching Blow (Climbing Kick 5) (DC 24/Stability Check +9; Mighty (+4 to each check), Improved Throw (Opponent uses worse of Strength or Acrobatics to oppose))
Driven (Immunity 16) (interaction skills, mental effects, sleep; Limited - Half Effect) — Due to his training, he can get by on little sleep and finds it easier to resist attempts to influence him. [8 pp]
Heightened Speed Array 1 [3 pp]
. . Leaping 2 (Jumping distance: x5) — Running Jump: 70 ft, Standing Jump 35 ft, High Jump 17 ft
. . Speed 2 (Speed: 25 mph, 220 ft./rnd)
Sound Mimic (Features 1) [1 pp]
Super-Senses 6 (accurate: Hearing, analytical: Hearing, danger sense: Auditory, direction sense, extended: Hearing 1 (-1 per 100 ft)) [6 pp]

Equipment:
*Chain-Mail (+3 Toughness) [3 ep]
* Disguise Kit (Reduces normal disguise time from 10 minutes to 1 minute through a collection of makeup and fake moustaches, cheek pads, etc) [1 ep]
* Equipment Belt (8 ep array + 2 alts) [10 ep]
** Grappling Hook [Super-Movement 4, slow fall, swinging, wall-crawling 2 (full speed)]
** Holo-Disguise [Morph 4 (Humanoids)]
** Smoke Grenade [Obscure 2, affects: 1 type + visual - olfactory and visual, Radius: 10 ft.; Slow Fade (1 minute), Variable Descriptor (Narrow group - Can change color and scent)])
* Toolkit (Basic) — Basically a set of generic tools for use with Disable Device and his Handiman skills [1 ep]

Attack Bonus: +6 (Ranged: +6, Melee: +6, Grapple: +10)

Attacks: Blast 4, +14 (DC 23), Strike 4, +12 (DC 25), Climbing Kick 5, +12 (DC 24 / Stability check +9), Unarmed Attack, +6 (DC 19)

Defense: +11 (Flat-footed: +3), Knockback: -5

Initiative: +9

Languages: English, Native Language (Russian)

Totals: Abilities 48 + Skills 32 (128 ranks) + Feats 32 + Powers 28 + Combat 22 + Saves 13 + Drawbacks 0 = 175

Background
Ivan Vasil'yevich Egorov was born in Rostov-on-Don in 1921, and proudly fought against the menaces of the Axis powers in World War II. During that time, he participated in various trials to attempt to engineer a Russian super-soldier. Much to his chagrin, he repeatedly failed to distinguish himself in that area. The chemicals made him a little bit faster. The radiation made him a little bit stronger. The work with the psychics augmented his own natural ability to perform impressions of others. Still, he was barely a single step above the common soldier, and others continued to be promoted ahead of him. During the Cold War, he served the Communist government proudly, but he wasn't as strong as Sovena or the Proleterian. He lacked the mechanical genius of Red Death. He lacked the infiltration abilities of Ivanova, often known in the U.S. informally as the Molotov Cocktease for her ability to seduce prominent American figures and worm secrets from them. And so he languished, fighting minor battles as The Mockingbird versus U.S. heroes and occasionally trotted out for publicity stunts. That is, until his final mission in 1983.

Ivan crossed into the United States over the Canadian border and assumed an identity as John Christopher Levinson, Slavic immigrant and a citizen of Emerald City. His stated job was to maintain his cover until the time when the Soviet government would activate him and he would use his mimicry abilities to forge certain key vocal orders. And so he settled in to wait. And wait he did. Unbeknownst to him, his file was lost in the general chaos and inefficiency of the Communist bureaucracy. No orders ever came. Ivan met and married Maria Woszcnya, a Polish immigrant. Maria died in 2005, their union completely fruitless, and Ivan gave up all hope for making an impact on the world. He was about to send his old costume and weapons off to the museum when the Silver Storm struck. Donning his old garb and limbering his creaking bones, he set out to find what had happened.

Complications
* Is Youth Fleeting? - The effects of the Silver Storm have seemingly restored Ivan's youthful prowess. At the beginning of the adventure, he's suffering from reduced attributes of a 12 Strength, 10 Dexterity, and 12 Constitution and his powers are unreliable. It's possible something may temporarily or permanently rob him of his enhanced status again.
* Insecurity - Ivan spent years thinking of himself as second-string, a has-been. Now, newly empowered by the nanites, he's finding new depths of competence, but deep down, he still fears being useless.
* Long History - While Mockingbird was never an A-list Communist threat, he does have a bit of a reputation. Sometimes it works for him and sometimes it works against him
* Old Fashioned - Ivan has lived a long life. He's at that stage where he does not adapt easily to the changing times
* Loyalty - Ivan is torn a bit between his two identities. He has come to love his adopted country, but he spent most of his life serving Mother Russia. Should it come to a choice between the two, he feels like he would be forced in the position of Buriden’s Ass.

----

Hero Lab® and the Hero Lab logo are Registered Trademarks of LWD Technology, Inc. Free download at http://www.wolflair.com
Mutants & Masterminds, Second Edition is ©2005-2012 Green Ronin Publishing, LLC. All rights reserved.
Last edited by FuzzyBoots on Fri May 02, 2014 11:05 am, edited 7 times in total.

Ysariel
Paragon
Paragon

Postby Ysariel » Fri Apr 05, 2013 12:31 pm

baixiwei wrote:CHRYSALIS

I like it! I only have two issues - your Flight should cost 15pp instead of 14pp (Flight 6, Dynamic Base power 1pp, Dynamic AP 2pp) and I'm surprised not to see something like Detect Emotions (Ranged), possibly with acute on a character that sees the world in terms of emotional or spiritual significance. Luckily, blindness is a -4pp drawback so you still have some pp to spare. (I know it can be argued that with super senses blindness isn't that serious a drawback and only qualifies for -1pp, but the way I see it, you had to buy another ranged accurate sense so in terms of pp cost you only break even, trading one sense for another.)

FuzzyBoots wrote:Mockingbird

I like the character, but, as far as i know, Arkrite is working on a Canadian super soldier character. Do either of you mind having more than one of the same archetype in the group?

Here's a summary of what everyone is working on so far:

Arkrite: Canadian super soldier
Arthur Eld: Object/energy mimic
baixiwei: Chrysalis, paragon/spiritual energy controller
kenseido: still deciding
Fuzzyboots: Mockingbird, Ex-Soviet super soldier
Gilliam: still deciding
Omega Girl: aquatic brick, archer or terrakinetic

Don't worry about covering all the bases. Pick a character you are constantly thinking up new lines for, with a personality you can't wait to portray and a story you're jumping at to tell. :)

Ysariel
Paragon
Paragon

Postby Ysariel » Fri Apr 05, 2013 12:35 pm

I think that I'm going to steal one of kenseido's house rules, and allow all characters to use maneuvers even without having the relevant feats up to a maximum of +2/-2, 3e-style.

So without the Power Attack feat all characters can power attack for 2. Having the feat lets you power attack for up to 5. I'll add that to the initial post now.

kenseido
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby kenseido » Fri Apr 05, 2013 12:50 pm

Okay, I put together a simple and straight forward build of an energy controller.

Photon (Kent Miller)
Str 12 (+1), Dex 12 (+1), Con 12 (+1), Int 10 (+0), Wis 14 (+2), Cha 14 (+2)

Skills: Bluff 8 (+10), Kn [Pop Culture] 4 (+4), Kn (Streetwise) 4 (+4), Notice 6 (+8),
Pro (Gambler) 6 (+6), Sense Motive 8 (+10), Sleight of Hand 8 (+9)

Feats: Attack Spec. [Light Control Array] 2, Attractive, Dodge Focus 4, Luck, Move-By Action, Power Attack

Powers: Light Control 15 (PF: Precise; Dynamic) (42pp)
-DAP: Blast 12 (PF: Improved Critical 2, Precise, Riccochet 3)
-DAP: Dazzle 12 (visual; PF: Improved Critical 2, Precise, Riccochet 3)
-DAP: Dazzle 10 (visual; E: Area [Burst]; F: Touch Range)
-DAP: Flight +10
-DAP: Invisibility 4 (all visual senses) & Insubstantial 3 (light)

Flight 10 (20pp)
Force Field 11 (11pp)
Immunity 10 (Light effects) (10pp)

Combat: Attack +4, Light Control Array +8
Defense +8 (+2 flat-footed)
Initiative +1

Saves: Toughness +12/+1, Fort +8, Ref +8, Will +7

Abilities 14 + Skills 11 + Feats 10 + Powers 83 + Combat 16 + Saves 19 = 153

Complications: Criminal Record: Kent has a record of criminal misdemeanors.

Fast as light: When using his flight over rank 5, he has a tendency to overshoot his target destination.

Motivation- Thrills: Kent is looking to have a good time with his powers.

Background: Kent Miller is college dropout who was running a shell game on Yellow Brick Road when the Silver Storm changed his life forever.
Last edited by kenseido on Wed May 15, 2013 7:46 am, edited 4 times in total.
-----------------------------
Kenseido's Menagerie of Characters

Return to “M&M Game Room”