[2e] Crinosverse: SA Avengers [IC] - Storming the Castle

This forum is the place for Mutants & Masterminds Play-By-Post games. Please read the M&M Game Room rules before starting or joining a game. Enjoy!
stavaros-the-arcane
Mastermind
Mastermind

Re: [2e] Crinosverse: SA Avengers [IC] - All in a Day's Work

Postby stavaros-the-arcane » Sun Apr 13, 2014 7:57 pm

"In that case we could try aerial superiority. I mean I'm pretty sure we can rain attacks down from higher up than they can fire their ranged weapons." Natah said. "I'd say throw in opening up some pitfalls from below as well but since the earth elemental slipped away it carries a risk that he might get the stones to come back and try again."

kenseido
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby kenseido » Sun Apr 13, 2014 8:02 pm

All

The former chieften looks at you all. "That may work. But these... clones, did you call them... they do not know fear. You may only drive them into a frenzy to complete their siege quicker, endangering the castle. And no doubt, Blader is watching. When the walls are breached, he will likely make his move on the crystal arsenal. He would not trust anyone else to secure them but himself."
-----------------------------
Kenseido's Menagerie of Characters

Gilliam
Superhero
Superhero

Postby Gilliam » Mon Apr 14, 2014 3:53 am

Xiphos

Feeling confused Xiphos wasn't sure what was going on, something had happen while the 2 teams were apart fighting the Elementals but whatever it was nobody was saying. And he was sure that Michelle was staring at him but whenever he turned to look at her she was always looking somewhere else.

"So if this Blader is watching the siege can we track him down ourselves and take care of him?

Tattooedman
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Tattooedman » Mon Apr 14, 2014 8:21 am

Beacon:
[Nathaniel 'Nate' Jackson]
HP: 1
LP: 2
Condition: Bruised

Amethyst wrote:Amethyst smiles gratefully at Beacon as she gets to her feet and dusts herself off. "Don't tell anyone," she says quietly. "I wanna tell him on my own."

"Didn't plan on it cause I figured as much." Beacon answers back just as quietly.

Beacon listened to everyone's ideas on how to deal with the clones then shared an idea of his own. "I could try and induce calm in the front part of the clone army, that might sow some chaos in their ranks but there's no telling how the other clones would react to that or even if my effort would work at all."
World of Freedom Setting 3E

"Your ignorance is not my burden."
-- Chiun

Kreuzritter
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Kreuzritter » Mon Apr 14, 2014 8:25 am

"Not like natah could cover himself in a mass of rocks, pretend to be the earth elemental and walk up to them with fake orders."
Kreuz Control Promotions: over 2800 builds served, and counting...
Crinoverse: Contributions

Tattooedman
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Tattooedman » Mon Apr 14, 2014 8:42 am

Beacon:
[Nathaniel 'Nate' Jackson]
HP: 1
LP: 2
Condition: Bruised

Beacon looked over to Kron. "Why can't he?"
World of Freedom Setting 3E

"Your ignorance is not my burden."
-- Chiun

Ysariel
Paragon
Paragon

Re: [2e] Crinosverse: SA Avengers [IC] - Old Friends

Postby Ysariel » Mon Apr 14, 2014 8:53 am

Amethyst
Condition: Normal / HP: 2

"The real one's gonna be there, too," Amethyst pipes up.

She should've known this was gonna be more difficult than just having Kron walk in and talk the entire army down.
My stuff • I GM Emerald City Knights, Adventures Assemble! (with kenseido)

stavaros-the-arcane
Mastermind
Mastermind

Postby stavaros-the-arcane » Mon Apr 14, 2014 8:55 am

Kreuzritter wrote:"Not like natah could cover himself in a mass of rocks, pretend to be the earth elemental and walk up to them with fake orders."

Natah nodded along "Yeah its not like I could cover myself in ... Wait a sec...why couldn`t I do that... I could totally do that! Kron you`re a genius!"

Ysariel wrote:Amethyst

"The real one's gonna be there, too," Amethyst pipes up.

She should've known this was gonna be more difficult than just having Kron walk in and talk the entire army down.

"Actually the real one ran like a little pansy so I could probably pull it off."

Kreuzritter
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Kreuzritter » Mon Apr 14, 2014 8:59 am

"And if it is still around," Kron says, "and that army is stupid enough for this to work, well, maybe we'll get lucky and we can get them fighting each other."
Kreuz Control Promotions: over 2800 builds served, and counting...
Crinoverse: Contributions

kenseido
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby kenseido » Mon Apr 14, 2014 9:03 am

Natah definitely sensed the Rocky made a run for it and did not return to the army.

Ysariel
Paragon
Paragon

Postby Ysariel » Mon Apr 14, 2014 9:10 am

Amethyst

Amethyst grins and smashes one fist into the palm of the other. She has to agree it's a brilliant idea. "Then what are we waiting for? Natah, give us your best rock man impression!"

She flips her hair and smiles at Xiphos. Yes, easy peasy... don't stare too long, don't blush DON'T BLUSH SAY SOMETHING "I would love to get my paws on Blader too. But to track him, we'd need to figure out how Blader's watching and find some way of tracing it. Let's deal with the siege first."

stavaros-the-arcane
Mastermind
Mastermind

Postby stavaros-the-arcane » Mon Apr 14, 2014 9:03 pm

Natah gestures and in moments is completely encased in stone. It shifts until it resembles the Earth Elemental.

Disguise in Place Natah boldly marches among the cloned Vorlick, using air bending to amplify his voice.

"Forces of Lord Blader... We have received new orders. This Castle is no longer our target. Withdraw and I will instruct you on your objective. Fail to obey and you will be obliterated."

Within the hour the army marches away from the castle and Natah gives them instructions before returning to the group.

"By my great Aunt Arcee, those goons are dumb. I just told them to assault an invisible sky castle that could only be reached via a magic bridge, also invisible, reachable by marching off a cliff on the side of a mountain. And anyone who fell was a traitor unworthy to serve Lord Blader. And they bought it no questions asked. It's down right depressing how devoted to Blader they are. Poor schmucks."

kenseido
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby kenseido » Tue Apr 15, 2014 11:48 am

All

With the Vorlic siege broken, you are welcomed into the castle as heroes. An impromptu party is thrown and you are the guests of honor, served the finest foods and wine (or water for Michelle). There is singing and dancing. During the festivities, the King and his son approach you.

"We just received word from our envoy to the Highlord. It would seem his son Blader has deposed him. There is an army of those damnable Vorlick twice as large as the one that were used in the siege of our keep, with at least five groups of those Elemental creatures."

"We are preparing a contingent to meet up with the other armies of the land. We are all planned to be there in three days time. I would appreciate it if you would join us and help reclaim Highlord's throne from the usurper."

Ysariel
Paragon
Paragon

Postby Ysariel » Tue Apr 15, 2014 9:37 pm

Amethyst

Amethyst stares at the goblet of crystal-clear spring water in her hands. "This is insane! We're not in the U.S. anymore! ...These guys don't have a legal drinking age, do they?"

"You're preparing for a war, Michelle. You have to stay sober." All about her, the party is in full swing and the liquor is flowing freely. It wasn't easy for her to slip aside and get a drink, only to find out the entire castle apparently knows she's too young for alcohol.

"This is completely ridiculous," she huffs, "Someone explain to me how is it that I'm qualified to fly an advanced battlesuit --"

"You aren't. I help you operate it."

"-- fight dangerous super powered lunatics --"

"Under Beacon and Kron's adult supervision."

"-- and run a leading technology multinational but not be allowed to get drunk?"

"I presume the idea is to ensure you aren't drunk while you're running it."

Michelle downs her glass of water in a single angry gulp.

"Not being able to drink fits your theme well. You're practically the anti-Natah. Did you know? The Romans once believed that the amethyst prevented intoxication. They made wine goblets out of it."

"Oh yeah? Did it work?"

"It was just superstition. But I presume some mystic has found a method to make it work. What has changed? You didn't seem so eager for some Dutch courage at Mr. Foxfire's place."

Amethyst risks glancing at Xiphos. Gyroscopic sensors in her earbuds detect the movement and Amy knows instantly who she's looking at.

After a long moment, Amy says quietly, "You don't need deodorant or alcohol. Just yourself."

Michelle hesitates. For a moment everything that can go wrong flashes through her head. Xiphos saying no. Xiphos wanting to say yes, before they're both interrupted by something that ruins the moment. Xiphos just wanting to be friends. Xiphos thinking of her as a little sister. Xiphos...

Then she remembers being alone in the dark, hiding from aliens massacring her employees, cradling a phone with no signal, a tiny window of light five inches across that gives her no comfort. In those cold, terrifying moments, stripped of all her wealth and fame and status and everything that she thought made her successful, she had faced her mortality and promised herself that if she survived she would never waste another moment of her life. She would treasure her talent and her youth, focus on the things that really mattered, and die with no regrets. And this was a regret in the making if she didn't do something about it now.

"Now go. I'll give you two some privacy." The blue running lights on her suit go dark.

Amethyst sets her glass down on a nearby table. She walks right up to Xiphos from the back and takes his helmet off. She grins, floating into the air as her hyperdrive starts up. "If you want it, come and get it!"

She flies out of the window and lands on the castle wall, holding the helmet in the air with one hand like a trophy.

stavaros-the-arcane
Mastermind
Mastermind

Postby stavaros-the-arcane » Tue Apr 15, 2014 11:14 pm

kenseido wrote:All

"We are preparing a contingent to meet up with the other armies of the land. We are all planned to be there in three days time. I would appreciate it if you would join us and help reclaim Highlord's throne from the usurper."

Natah nods "Count on it. Blader is due for a reckoning and I for one would be happy to help deliver it."

Return to “M&M Game Room”