[2e] Crinosverse: SA Avengers [IC] - Storming the Castle

This forum is the place for Mutants & Masterminds Play-By-Post games. Please read the M&M Game Room rules before starting or joining a game. Enjoy!
User avatar
kenseido
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity
Posts: 21184
Joined: Wed Jul 25, 2007 8:57 am
Location: Kyle, Texas
Contact:

[2e] Crinosverse: SA Avengers [IC] - Storming the Castle

Postby kenseido » Thu Mar 07, 2013 7:51 pm

San Antonio. One of the oldest cities in North America.

San Antonio, two chief industries are military bases and tourism. Today, both are targets.

Chapter 0: Prologue
Chapter 1: Housewarming
Interludes
Chapter 2: School Girls
Chapter 3: Bad Neighbors
Interludes
Chapter 4: Follow the Queen
Chapter 5: Old Friends (Part 1)
Interludes
Chapter 6: All in a Day's Work
Chapter 7: Have Fun Storming the Castle

Nemo

Nemo, you are supposed to be meeting Gunslinger for lunch. She picked a restaurant near Fort Sam Houston because she is giving a lecture their today. She just called you to tell you that she is running late and won't be able to get away.

As you look over the menu, ready to order, you spot an SUV spewing out orange smoke take a corner sharply and accelerate towards the nearby gate. You notice people one the street are coughing a lot from the gas.


Texas Hurricane

As you are new to town, you are currently visiting one of the city's greatest treasures, the Alamo. Being a Thursday, there are several school groups of different ages having a field trip today. The building has a lot of old antiques from the Battle fought here against the Mexican Army.

You notice four men in heavy overcoats come in the front door and begin pushing through the crowd.


Amethyst

You are currently flying around the west side of town, near Sea World, trying to get the bugs out of your radio equipment. All the competing cell towers aren't an issue, but for some reason, San Antonio seems to have way more AM transmissions than you had anticipated.

You pause as you attempt to adjust your filter, when you hear an unfamiliar noise. You look around and spot something getting closer. It doesn't take long to realize that somebody has fired a rocket at you!


Galen

You are being given a private tour of the new facility at Brooks Army Medical Center. Headmaster Summers arranged for you to see some of the hi tech equipment used to treat burn victims. You are examining a new medical scanner when there is a loud boom outside. You rush over to the window with most of the staff in the area.

You see a burning fan with flames much higher than normally would be expected. The cars on either side have been pushed away, and there are small fires around. You notice two men looking at the van, then duck around the corner.


Xiphos

You are in one of the extended parking lots of Sea World waiting for the bus to take you to the park entrance. You are here with Tommy, a friend of Casey Jones, who has been showing you around. Yesterday, you visited the Alamo, Institute of Texan Cultures, and old Spanish Missions. Tomorrow is the Fiesta Texas, and Saturday is the Riverwalk.

As you are waiting for the bus, Tommy is yammering on about some hotel that Teddy Roosevelt stayed in, you see a van pull up and several guys in suits from a B Sci-Fi flick hop out and jump down into the sewers. Two stay behind to watch the van. One points at something in the sky, they exchange a few words. Then the first one pulls a rocket launcher out of the van and shoots it at whatever they were looking at.


Archer

You were supposed to be on a stakeout. Yeah, that wasn't happening; two minutes of staring at the bank was enough for you. Now you're chasing down some punk who was smashing windshields in the bank parking lot with a brick. He is fast and knows this area well, or you probably would have caught him. He's heading for the Riverwalk, probably to get lost in the crowd when a well placed bolo arrow wraps him up tightly.

You walk up to him and offer some quip, and then look around to figure out what to do with him now. You really don't feel like dragging him back to the bank. As you contemplate the situation, a van goes speeding by. Your eyes follow it as it hops a curb, almost killing four people, and makes another shapr turn before coming to a screeching stop in an alley a block and a half away.
Last edited by kenseido on Fri Apr 18, 2014 8:21 pm, edited 12 times in total.
-----------------------------
Kenseido's Menagerie of Characters

User avatar
levinwurth
Zealot
Zealot
Posts: 1048
Joined: Tue Aug 02, 2005 6:42 am
Location: Dudley, UK

Re: [2e] Crinosverse: San Antonio Avengers [IC]

Postby levinwurth » Thu Mar 07, 2013 10:54 pm

Texas Hurricane
HP: 1 Condition: Fine

kenseido wrote:As you are new to town, you are currently visiting one of the city's greatest treasures, the Alamo. Being a Thursday, there are several school groups of different ages having a field trip today. The building has a lot of old antiques from the Battle fought here against the Mexican Army.

You notice four men in heavy overcoats come in the front door and begin pushing through the crowd.



Tyler drifted through the crowds, a wide-brimmed hat keeping most of the sun from his eyes. This being Texas he wasn't the only man sporting such a hat, though in his unofficial 'on duty' clothes of boots, jeans and vest, more than one person today had stopped him thinking he worked there. He smiled warmly at the few people who looked his way, particularly the kids.

When he saw the group, he sighed inwardly. Oh great, he thought. Just when I was having a peaceful day.

The heavy coats seemed excessive for this time of year, and the way they moved suggested they weren't here to look at where Bowie, Crockett and Travis made their last stand.

Subtly, he meandered through the crowds of people, keeping an eye on them - for now.
Active Characters

3E Time of Crisis - Fletch
Destiny: Origins - Sean
Assorted Character Builds

User avatar
Gilliam
Superhero
Superhero
Posts: 1999
Joined: Tue Nov 30, 2010 9:39 pm

Re: [2e] Crinosverse: San Antonio Avengers [IC]

Postby Gilliam » Sat Mar 09, 2013 2:05 am

Xiphos
HP: 1
Condition: Fine


Only half listening to Tommy and half asleep, Ariston or Andy had to give Casey his dues the baseball bat weilding madman had come through once again. Tommy knew San Antonio inside out and was only too happy to show the sights to a friend of Caseys who was new to the city, and the steakhouse Tommy had recommended was better than anything back home.

As he eyes wandered round the lot the guys in the van caught his eye and the use of the rocket launcher woke him fully up. Glancing up in the sky to see if it was a plane or helicopter that was the target and not spotting anything, Andy turned to Tommy ”Dude, can I grab the carkeys, just realised I left my pack in the boot”. Tommy was about to protest that they would miss the bus when something in Andy’s voice made him throw the keys to Andy "Sure, might head back that way myself".

Sprinting to the car Andy grabbed his bag containing his costume and Anaklusmos "Won't be long, wait for me here" Andy says to Tommy throwing the keys back. Finding a quiet spot Andy quickly changed into his costume, and seconds later headed back towards the van looking round to see what had happened since the rocket launcher had been used.

User avatar
Ysariel
Paragon
Paragon
Posts: 3473
Joined: Wed May 09, 2012 10:55 am

Re: [2e] Crinosverse: San Antonio Avengers [IC]

Postby Ysariel » Sat Mar 09, 2013 4:43 am

Amethyst
Condition: Normal / HP: 1

It's just past lunch hour and Amethyst's favorite time of the day: hardware test.

Her scream of exhilaration is lost in the roar of engine power as she somersaults through the air and weaves between skyscrapers, trailing contrails of purple light from the reactionless drives in her boots and gauntlets. The wind screams against her shields, whipping her waist-long mane of pink hair behind her but all she feels through the forcefield is a gentle breeze.

Amethyst throws her arms out behind her and gains altitude, the roar of her drive engines rising in pitch and intensity as she soars skyward at half the speed of sound and leaves downtown behind. At a mile up she levels out with Sea World to her left, looks down over the city's glittering skyline, and blinks at a camera-shaped icon in her HUD. There's the snap of a camera shutter as her HUD captures the view, picks the best of two dozen exposures and whisks it off to Instagram. She smiles.

"Amy, you there?"

"At your service, miss," comes the AI's synthetic, female voice through her earbuds.

"Let's run some diagnostics on the radio systems. I want to see if I squashed that bug in the radar." Holographic displays pop up about her in mid-air, indifferent to the screaming wind. "AM band's pretty crowded," Amethyst observes. Her eyes narrow at a blinking dot that appears at the edge of sensor range. "Um, what's that coming up behind me?"

"Incoming missile."

The are-you-kidding-me look on Amethyst's face lasts just a second before she whirls around in mid-air, the glare of her engines flaring as she brings herself to a halt. "Taste of your own medicine," she murmurs as a red targeting reticule subtitled 'LOCKED' superimposes itself over the bright pinpoint of light heading for her. Six missiles the shape and size of soda cans warp in from hyperspace about her and surge towards the incoming rocket, trailing comet tails of fuchsia light.

Shoot down the missile with more missiles!

If this is countering the rocket power, here's an opposed power check using Smart Missiles: Power check: Smart Missiles (1d20+5=24)

If it's an attack vs the rocket, then it's DC 15 Reflex check, followed by DC 20 (failed) or DC 17 (success) Toughness check for the rocket's toughness.

Amethyst also tries to see if she can detect whoever fired the rocket. She has Extended 1 on her radar, so she only suffers -1 per 100ft.
Notice (1d20+8=15)
Last edited by Ysariel on Sat Mar 09, 2013 4:06 pm, edited 3 times in total.
My stuff • I GM Emerald City Knights, Adventures Assemble! (with kenseido)

EnigmaticOne
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity
Posts: 8135
Joined: Sun May 29, 2011 2:50 pm

Re: [2e] Crinosverse: San Antonio Avengers [IC]

Postby EnigmaticOne » Sat Mar 09, 2013 6:56 am

Nemo
HP: 3
COND: Normal

Nemo currently was holding the appearance of an African-American man in his thirties, wearing some nicer regular clothing for this restaurant. His attention though, was divided between the waiter and observing the SUV. As far as signals of wrong went, it seemed strange but not automatically blaring an Evil-Signal.

"I'll have the Fettuccine Alfredo." Nemo quickly ordered before waiting a moment till the waiter had left. Then he left the coat as a seat marker before moving at a quick walk to try and follow the SUV.
Impeach the peach!

Image

User avatar
Tattooedman
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity
Posts: 14313
Joined: Wed Nov 28, 2007 4:16 pm
Location: The Lands of Ink
Contact:

Re: [2e] Crinosverse: San Antonio Avengers [IC]

Postby Tattooedman » Sat Mar 09, 2013 3:10 pm

Galen:
[Alex Kale]
HP: 1

You are being given a private tour of the new facility at Brooks Army Medical Center. Headmaster Summers arranged for you to see some of the hi tech equipment used to treat burn victims. You are examining a new medical scanner when there is a loud boom outside. You rush over to the window with most of the staff in the area.

You see a burning fan with flames much higher than normally would be expected. The cars on either side have been pushed away, and there are small fires around. You notice two men looking at the van, then duck around the corner.


Alex had to admit that the BAMC’s new set up was nice, well organized and efficient as anything he’d seen in a while. Plus their scanner for assessing burns was looking to be a massive step in the right direction for almost eliminating the pain the current method caused. But before he could start asking any questions the sound of an explosion outside drew everyone’s attention, and while it didn’t look like anyone was seriously hurt the two guys who took off in a sudden hurry definitely caught his eye.

So Alex took advantage of everyone’s attention being focused out the window to slip into the staircase, where he pulled his costume out of the bag he now carried with him all the time and quickly changed into it before getting outside and around the corner he’d seen the two men go past.


OOC wrote:Notice: (1d20+8=10), thanks IC.
World of Freedom Setting 3E

"Your ignorance is not my burden."
-- Chiun

griever
Henchman
Henchman
Posts: 213
Joined: Sat Jul 23, 2011 10:12 am
Location: Ohio, USA

Re: [2e] Crinosverse: San Antonio Avengers [IC]

Postby griever » Sat Mar 09, 2013 9:57 pm

Archer
HP: 4
COND: Normal
kenseido wrote:You were supposed to be on a stakeout. Yeah, that wasn't happening; two minutes of staring at the bank was enough for you. Now you're chasing down some punk who was smashing windshields in the bank parking lot with a brick. He is fast and knows this area well, or you probably would have caught him. He's heading for the Riverwalk, probably to get lost in the crowd when a well placed bolo arrow wraps him up tightly.

You walk up to him and offer some quip, and then look around to figure out what to do with him now. You really don't feel like dragging him back to the bank. As you contemplate the situation, a van goes speeding by. Your eyes follow it as it hops a curb, almost killing four people, and makes another shapr turn before coming to a screeching stop in an alley a block and a half away.

"I'm all out of quips. So...something about ropes and you hanging around while I go check out that runaway van, okay? ...nice talk."

Leaving the street punk tied up and at the mercy of local law enforcement, Archer's eyes followed the van as it made a sharp turn into an alley a bit of a ways off. Sighing heavily, the bowman gave the tied-up car thief a swift kick for good measure before giving chase to the runaway van. Loading an arrow, Archer made his way carefully to the alley, chancing a glance around the corner, the marksman tensed up, readying himself for whatever waited.

User avatar
kenseido
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity
Posts: 21184
Joined: Wed Jul 25, 2007 8:57 am
Location: Kyle, Texas
Contact:

Re: [2e] Crinosverse: San Antonio Avengers [IC]

Postby kenseido » Sun Mar 10, 2013 3:56 pm

levinwurth wrote:Tyler drifted through the crowds, a wide-brimmed hat keeping most of the sun from his eyes. This being Texas he wasn't the only man sporting such a hat, though in his unofficial 'on duty' clothes of boots, jeans and vest, more than one person today had stopped him thinking he worked there. He smiled warmly at the few people who looked his way, particularly the kids.

When he saw the group, he sighed inwardly. Oh great, he thought. Just when I was having a peaceful day.

The heavy coats seemed excessive for this time of year, and the way they moved suggested they weren't here to look at where Bowie, Crockett and Travis made their last stand.

Subtly, he meandered through the crowds of people, keeping an eye on them - for now.


As you keep your eye on the men, the groups of students begin moving again. Suddenly, they throw off their overcoats revealing gaudy purple armor and huge sci-fi looking rifles. One of them yells, "Nobody Move!" while another fires into the air, leaving a small hole in the ceiling. The kids appear more interested then frightened.

Take an HP
-----------------------------
Kenseido's Menagerie of Characters

User avatar
kenseido
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity
Posts: 21184
Joined: Wed Jul 25, 2007 8:57 am
Location: Kyle, Texas
Contact:

Re: [2e] Crinosverse: San Antonio Avengers [IC]

Postby kenseido » Sun Mar 10, 2013 4:03 pm

Gilliam wrote:Only half listening to Tommy and half asleep, Ariston or Andy had to give Casey his dues the baseball bat weilding madman had come through once again. Tommy knew San Antonio inside out and was only too happy to show the sights to a friend of Caseys who was new to the city, and the steakhouse Tommy had recommended was better than anything back home.

As he eyes wandered round the lot the guys in the van caught his eye and the use of the rocket launcher woke him fully up. Glancing up in the sky to see if it was a plane or helicopter that was the target and not spotting anything, Andy turned to Tommy ”Dude, can I grab the carkeys, just realised I left my pack in the boot”. Tommy was about to protest that they would miss the bus when something in Andy’s voice made him throw the keys to Andy "Sure, might head back that way myself".

Sprinting to the car Andy grabbed his bag containing his costume and Anaklusmos "Won't be long, wait for me here" Andy says to Tommy throwing the keys back. Finding a quiet spot Andy quickly changed into his costume, and seconds later headed back towards the van looking round to see what had happened since the rocket launcher had been used.

As you toss his keys back at him, Tommy still seems flummoxed by the word 'boot.' Putting your costume on, you hears a loud explosion overhead. Looking up, you observe the remnants of the explosion and about fifty yards behind it something... pink.

The guys on the ground seemed discouraged and pulling out large sci-fi rifles. One of them is replacing the cover on the sewer entrance.
-----------------------------
Kenseido's Menagerie of Characters

User avatar
kenseido
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity
Posts: 21184
Joined: Wed Jul 25, 2007 8:57 am
Location: Kyle, Texas
Contact:

Re: [2e] Crinosverse: San Antonio Avengers [IC]

Postby kenseido » Sun Mar 10, 2013 4:06 pm

Ysariel wrote:"Incoming missile."

The are-you-kidding-me look on Amethyst's face lasts just a second before she whirls around in mid-air, the glare of her engines flaring as she brings herself to a halt. "Taste of your own medicine," she murmurs as a red targeting reticule subtitled 'LOCKED' superimposes itself over the bright pinpoint of light heading for her. Six missiles the shape and size of soda cans warp in from hyperspace about her and surge towards the incoming rocket, trailing comet tails of fuchsia light.

The small rockets easily take out their target. As the debris clear, finding the source of the missile is pretty easy. Two men in gaudy purple armor pointing large sci-fi rifles in your direction.
-----------------------------
Kenseido's Menagerie of Characters

User avatar
kenseido
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity
Posts: 21184
Joined: Wed Jul 25, 2007 8:57 am
Location: Kyle, Texas
Contact:

Re: [2e] Crinosverse: San Antonio Avengers [IC]

Postby kenseido » Sun Mar 10, 2013 4:08 pm

EnigmaticOne wrote:Nemo currently was holding the appearance of an African-American man in his thirties, wearing some nicer regular clothing for this restaurant. His attention though, was divided between the waiter and observing the SUV. As far as signals of wrong went, it seemed strange but not automatically blaring an Evil-Signal.

"I'll have the Fettuccine Alfredo." Nemo quickly ordered before waiting a moment till the waiter had left. Then he left the coat as a seat marker before moving at a quick walk to try and follow the SUV.

As you go outside, people are now falling over from exposure to the orange gas. You can smell the remnants in the air and it is something nasty. You hear a crash in the direction of the entrance gate.

Take an HP
Last edited by kenseido on Sun Mar 10, 2013 4:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-----------------------------
Kenseido's Menagerie of Characters

User avatar
kenseido
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity
Posts: 21184
Joined: Wed Jul 25, 2007 8:57 am
Location: Kyle, Texas
Contact:

Re: [2e] Crinosverse: San Antonio Avengers [IC]

Postby kenseido » Sun Mar 10, 2013 4:10 pm

Tattooedman wrote:So Alex took advantage of everyone’s attention being focused out the window to slip into the staircase, where he pulled his costume out of the bag he now carried with him all the time and quickly changed into it before getting outside and around the corner he’d seen the two men go past.

You get outside and look around for the men you saw. You can't find them, but you do see a man in a heavy overcoat standing next to a van trying to look inconspicuous... and failing miserably.
-----------------------------
Kenseido's Menagerie of Characters

User avatar
kenseido
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity
Posts: 21184
Joined: Wed Jul 25, 2007 8:57 am
Location: Kyle, Texas
Contact:

Re: [2e] Crinosverse: San Antonio Avengers [IC]

Postby kenseido » Sun Mar 10, 2013 4:13 pm

griever wrote:"I'm all out of quips. So...something about ropes and you hanging around while I go check out that runaway van, okay? ...nice talk."

Leaving the street punk tied up and at the mercy of local law enforcement, Archer's eyes followed the van as it made a sharp turn into an alley a bit of a ways off. Sighing heavily, the bowman gave the tied-up car thief a swift kick for good measure before giving chase to the runaway van. Loading an arrow, Archer made his way carefully to the alley, chancing a glance around the corner, the marksman tensed up, readying himself for whatever waited.

You see two men in purple armor carrying sci-fi rifles kicking in a door as the van come charging out of the alley.

Make a DC20 Stealth check if you want to avoid being seen by the guys in the van.
-----------------------------
Kenseido's Menagerie of Characters

User avatar
Ysariel
Paragon
Paragon
Posts: 3473
Joined: Wed May 09, 2012 10:55 am

Re: [2e] Crinosverse: San Antonio Avengers [IC]

Postby Ysariel » Sun Mar 10, 2013 4:38 pm

Amethyst
Condition: Normal / HP: 1

Amethyst presses her arms close to her sides and dives, rocketing towards the two men as another targeting reticule picks out the nearest one. "Combat not advised," the AI warns. "Full hardware test is incomplete and numerous-"

"Amy, these guys are up to something if they're shooting me in broad daylight. I'm going to investigate." In the corner of her HUD, a progress bar appears and starts to fill: Downloading Beam Cannon: 20%
Last edited by Ysariel on Tue Mar 12, 2013 3:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
My stuff • I GM Emerald City Knights, Adventures Assemble! (with kenseido)

griever
Henchman
Henchman
Posts: 213
Joined: Sat Jul 23, 2011 10:12 am
Location: Ohio, USA

Re: [2e] Crinosverse: San Antonio Avengers [IC]

Postby griever » Sun Mar 10, 2013 10:53 pm

kenseido wrote:You see two men in purple armor carrying sci-fi rifles kicking in a door as the van come charging out of the alley.

Archer
HP: 4
COND: Normal

In a less than graceful manner, Archer managed to bumble about and draw about as much attention to himself as humanly possible, a look of supreme embarrassment and exasperation on his face as he sighed heavily. Waving to the rifle-sporting men with a forced smile, the masquerading marksman chuckled awkwardly at the sudden, unintended meeting.

"Well then...this is awkward."



Return to “M&M Game Room”



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests