Fallout: Vault 23 (IC) 3E

This forum is the place for Mutants & Masterminds Play-By-Post games. Please read the M&M Game Room rules before starting or joining a game. Enjoy!
User avatar
Evolución
Paragon
Paragon
Posts: 3060
Joined: Mon Nov 01, 2010 10:37 am

Re: Fallout: Vault 23 (IC) 3E

Postby Evolución » Thu Jul 11, 2013 10:26 am

The aberration's hide seems to be made of something more than flesh, as the trench knife gets stuck in it.

Overseer rolls a 25 Since he rolled a critical, the knife is stuck in his face. You'll need a Str check, DC: 10 to break it free. Michael is up!

Initiative order: 22 Burt, 21 Tom, 20 Lisa, 16 Michael, 12 Overseer(-5, Staggered) (others that join the battle roll initiatives and post in order -if you are before or after the overseer.)

User avatar
jemal
Hero
Hero
Posts: 1574
Joined: Wed Feb 20, 2013 10:36 pm

Re: Fallout: Vault 23 (IC) 3E

Postby jemal » Fri Jul 12, 2013 2:05 am

Mike stand his ground in front of the overseer, and time seems to slow as he glances down at his vault-tec pipboy, aiming straight for the aberration's head and firing. But somehow, despite the flashing '95%' on his pipboy, he manages to miss point blank!!

All or Nothing Finishing Blow!
Unreliable (1d20=4) Fails to activate the enhanced advantages :( Regular attack then:
Magnum all-out 2, power attack 1 (1d20+7=10)
and the bad rolls continue. Not me day.

User avatar
Evolución
Paragon
Paragon
Posts: 3060
Joined: Mon Nov 01, 2010 10:37 am

Vault 23 (Lobby area)

Postby Evolución » Fri Jul 19, 2013 7:26 am

The bulbous overseer attempts to grab Michael once again, and this time his clawed and deformed hands grasp at the treasure hunter. The creature lifts him from the ground, and howls in his face. It is an admixture of anger and agony that is hard to bare.

Overseer hits Michael with a roll of 20, grabing him, Toughness DC 23, escape DC 18

Initiative order: 22 Burt, 21 Tom, 20 Lisa, 16 Michael, 12 Overseer(-5, Staggered, Vulnerable while grappling) (others that join the battle roll initiatives and post in order -if you are before or after the overseer.)

User avatar
stavaros-the-arcane
Mastermind
Mastermind
Posts: 2147
Joined: Mon Oct 31, 2011 10:05 pm

Re: Fallout: Vault 23 (IC) 3E

Postby stavaros-the-arcane » Sun Jul 21, 2013 8:27 pm

Bullets didn't seem to be doing enough and the Overseer was trying to grab one of Burt's new allies. Holstering the pistol Burt drew his trusty club, Roach-Death, the instrument with which his family had protected the Vault from mutated pests for generations. And with practiced ease slammed the weapon into the Overseer's head.


Roach Death Club
1d20+3 → [18,3] = (21)
DMG DC 20

User avatar
Evolución
Paragon
Paragon
Posts: 3060
Joined: Mon Nov 01, 2010 10:37 am

Vault 23 (Lobby area)

Postby Evolución » Tue Jul 23, 2013 8:37 am

Making its name justice, the Roach-Death slams into the mutated monstrosity with a demolishing whack, cracking the bones of the skull, and sending a lethal shrapnel of bone into the creature's brain. It contorts, spasms, and collapses, its death grip still around Michael. With the aid of the others, he manages to break free. Tom sticks his knife out of the thing as well, not without some effort. The creepy silence takes over the vault again.

OOC: Victory! You have killed the Overseer! Wow I didn't actually expect you to do that at this point, but hooray for you! You go up a power level, as stated in the OOC thread.

User avatar
Plan B
Mastermind
Mastermind
Posts: 2413
Joined: Tue Nov 03, 2009 1:07 pm

Re: Fallout: Vault 23 (IC) 3E

Postby Plan B » Tue Jul 23, 2013 3:41 pm

Tom

"Thanks, for bunnies, you're alright." Tom said catch his breath,

"How many people were there in this vault anyway? And how many are... accounted for?" Tom asked pausing for a moment trying to tactful, on the whole he didn't bother with nicities so it took some remembering.
    Insert witty comment here.

User avatar
stavaros-the-arcane
Mastermind
Mastermind
Posts: 2147
Joined: Mon Oct 31, 2011 10:05 pm

Re: Vault 23 (Lobby area)

Postby stavaros-the-arcane » Tue Jul 23, 2013 3:59 pm

Burt stands breathing heavily over the body of the old overseer.

"I don't know for sure, I handled pest control not demographics. We can ask the other survivors we found." Burt paused for a moment

"...I say we clear out any more of these monstrosities we find, gather up the survivors we found, grab whatever we can scavenge quickly, and then get the hell out of here. You can come back for more if you want but this place isn't a vault any more. Its a damned tomb."

User avatar
Plan B
Mastermind
Mastermind
Posts: 2413
Joined: Tue Nov 03, 2009 1:07 pm

Re: Fallout: Vault 23 (IC) 3E

Postby Plan B » Tue Jul 23, 2013 4:14 pm

Tom

"Agreed, goal is still medbay, although i wouldn't a crack at the overseers office if we get chance." Tom responded is voice as harsh as ever.
    Insert witty comment here.

User avatar
Evolución
Paragon
Paragon
Posts: 3060
Joined: Mon Nov 01, 2010 10:37 am

Vault 23 (Lobby area)

Postby Evolución » Mon Jul 29, 2013 7:47 am

Lisa coms from hiding, along side Cuthbert and the other refugees. "So is he dead truly?" the former guard asks, his eyes getting visual confirmation with the giant dead body on the ground. "You... you did it!" the other refugees seem visibly relieved. "We need to get out of here, I don't know how many others are changed, but we've seen enough. Could you lead us to safety?"

The group is faced with a decision, either help the refugees reach safety, or further explore the vault. If they choose to explore, the refugees will venture out on their own, if they chose to help them reach safe heaven, the vault will be left open for raiders who might take up point in (considering the remaining monsters don't kill them).

User avatar
Plan B
Mastermind
Mastermind
Posts: 2413
Joined: Tue Nov 03, 2009 1:07 pm

Re: Fallout: Vault 23 (IC) 3E

Postby Plan B » Mon Jul 29, 2013 9:50 am

Tom

Tom sighed, and grumbled under his breath.

"Ok, vault bunnies here's the deal."

"Outside the vaults, things went to hell, the whole rain of nuclear fire did a number on the place. Some people survived more or less in tact. Alot didn't. Alot went crazy, or feral. The wild life got big and nasty. And alot of people are assholes, who'd kill you for what's in you pocket or sport. Then there's the slavers."
Tom left the last one in the air a moment.

"So the leaving with out weapons thing, real bad idea."

"Fortunately you met, us, i've got a real weakness for helping folk. So we'll take you to the exit. DO NOT LEAVE. We're not a happy rescue party we're here for salvage. We're gonna gouge this place hard, take what we can and get you out of here and someplace, where your not gonna get eaten."


"But we could really do with medical supplies, so any help we get there means we can load up quick." Tom asked.

persuasion 1d20+7=27 :mrgreen: gonna be honest wasn't expecting to pass
Last edited by Plan B on Mon Jul 29, 2013 10:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
    Insert witty comment here.

User avatar
XeroKhan
Luminary
Luminary
Posts: 2861
Joined: Thu Feb 16, 2012 6:13 pm
Location: Raccoon City

Re: Fallout: Vault 23 (IC) 3E

Postby XeroKhan » Mon Jul 29, 2013 10:07 am

Sigma
HP 0
CONDITION: Returning from her search


Unable to find anything, Sigma returned to her group of allies. "Looks like you fellows had an encounter as well." Sigma said to herself. It was then Sigma heard Thomas saying:

Plan B wrote:"Fortunately you met, us, i've got a real weakness for helping folk. So we'll take you to the exit. DO NOT LEAVE. We're not a happy rescue party we're here for salvage. We're gonna gouge this place hard, take what we can and get you out of here and someplace, where your not gonna get eaten."

"But we could really do with medical supplies, so any help we get there means we can load up quick." Tom asked.


"Not to burst any bubbles, but I could not find anything else back there. You might have a better chance at it, but I cannot promise anything." Sigma replied to Tom. "As for these people, I can watch them while you guys look around the place."

OOC: The last post I made was to look for anything, but that was over a month ago and nothing was posted of what I found, so I will take it as Sigma did not find anything.

Anyway, I will volunteer to watch over the Vault Dwellers while the others search.
Image
SKYPE: X3r0.Kh4n

Common Terms I will use:
>D#: Failure by (1-4) Degree
>EFN (Epic Fail Number): A Natural 1
>Nat 10: Taking a Natural 10 on a specific Skill

User avatar
jemal
Hero
Hero
Posts: 1574
Joined: Wed Feb 20, 2013 10:36 pm

Re: Fallout: Vault 23 (IC) 3E

Postby jemal » Mon Jul 29, 2013 3:32 pm

Michael had been about to suggest the vault dwellers wait near the entrance while they explored, and was prepared to expound the harshness of the outside and implore them to wait and maybe send a guide.. but Tom beat him to it fairly elegantly.

"There's a lot of vault to look through unless we get blocked off, so it might take a bit. Like Tom said, wait near the entrance and you should be OK, and we'll take you to someplace safe when we're done searching."

Tom stole my idea, so I've shortened my post.
Once we start searching, Investigation (1d20+5=15)

User avatar
Evolución
Paragon
Paragon
Posts: 3060
Joined: Mon Nov 01, 2010 10:37 am

Re: Fallout: Vault 23 (IC) 3E

Postby Evolución » Fri Aug 02, 2013 5:57 am

Tom's new found silver tongue convinces the vault dwellers to wait for them on the doorway. The move quickly towards the exit to wait, while you start searching the vault.

Where to first?

User avatar
Plan B
Mastermind
Mastermind
Posts: 2413
Joined: Tue Nov 03, 2009 1:07 pm

Re: Fallout: Vault 23 (IC) 3E

Postby Plan B » Fri Aug 02, 2013 10:11 am

Gonna give an in to new vault dwellers...


Tom Dun

"We're heading to med bay, an volunteers to help us there, and get anyone holed up out?" Tom asked hoping more bodies to do the lifting.
    Insert witty comment here.

User avatar
XeroKhan
Luminary
Luminary
Posts: 2861
Joined: Thu Feb 16, 2012 6:13 pm
Location: Raccoon City

Re: Fallout: Vault 23 (IC) 3E

Postby XeroKhan » Fri Aug 02, 2013 2:15 pm

Sigma
HP 0
CONDITION: guarding the Vault Dwellers...


Escorting the other Vault Dwellers out of the Vault, Sigma scanned the outside world for any disturbances coming their way...

Sigma's Perception: 1d20+8=20;
NATURAL 20... combined of course. :P
Image
SKYPE: X3r0.Kh4n

Common Terms I will use:
>D#: Failure by (1-4) Degree
>EFN (Epic Fail Number): A Natural 1
>Nat 10: Taking a Natural 10 on a specific Skill


Return to “M&M Game Room”



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 1 guest