Fallout: Vault 23 (Now recruiting 2) 3E

This forum is the place for Mutants & Masterminds Play-By-Post games. Please read the M&M Game Room rules before starting or joining a game. Enjoy!
User avatar
Evolución
Paragon
Paragon
Posts: 3060
Joined: Mon Nov 01, 2010 10:37 am

Fallout: Vault 23 (Now recruiting 2) 3E

Postby Evolución » Mon Feb 11, 2013 9:45 pm

This game is set several decades after a worldwide conflict brought on by global petroleum shortage. Several nations begin warring with one another for the last stores of non-renewable resources, namely oil and uranium. Known as the Resource Wars, fighting begins in April 2052 and continues until October 23, 2077. China invades Alaska in the winter of 2066, causing the United States to go to war with China and using Canadian resources to supply their war efforts, despite Canadian complaints. Eventually the US annexes Canada in February 2076 and reclaims Alaska 11 months later. After years of conflict, on October 23, 2077, a global nuclear war occurs. Nobody knows who strikes first, but in less than two hours most major cities are destroyed. The effects of the war will not fade for the next 100 years. As a consequence, human society has collapsed, and survivor settlements barely eke out a living in the now-barren wasteland, while a lucky few lived through the occurrence in underground fallout shelters known as Vaults.
The game starts in 2161 in Southern California and begins in Vault 103

Alright, I’ll have up to 6 players, but will choose alternate in case players pop.
The characters are the latest generation of Vault 103, and have already undergone their occupational test. They are now set to start working on their jobs for the rest of their lives within the Vault.
However, I want somewhat detailed information about the characters childhood. Specially the relationship with the other kids. I encourage shared and linked backgrounds. You are free to make up characters’s names and occupations.
Crunch-wise, characters should be PL 4, standard pp/level, with no powers. You all start with a PIP-Boy 3000, that has the benefits of a commlink, GPS, Computer and Camera and also the following advantages: Eidetic memory and Well informed. You can spend up to 3 points in the equipment advantage beyond that. Fire weapons that you can find or inherit are only a hold out pistol. If you wish to get other weapons from the start, you’ll have to go with improvised weapons or archaic ones (as something someone would hold like a museum piece). You will eventually find weapons. And you will get powers, just not flashy ones (more like boosts, if you wanna think about it that way); remember this is Fallout, not your regular M&M game.
Last edited by Evolución on Mon Jul 29, 2013 7:48 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Evolución
Paragon
Paragon
Posts: 3060
Joined: Mon Nov 01, 2010 10:37 am

Re: Fallout: Vault 23 (recruiting) 3E

Postby Evolución » Mon Feb 11, 2013 9:46 pm

Priority will be given to those that already expressed interest in the previous discussion thread.

User avatar
SquirrelLord
Collaborator
Collaborator
Posts: 328
Joined: Mon Aug 20, 2012 1:08 am

Re: Fallout: Vault 23 (recruiting) 3E

Postby SquirrelLord » Mon Feb 11, 2013 10:05 pm

Hmmm, so if you're if encouraging linked backgrounds with other characters, I guess it would make sense for us to discuss our characters before any of us really settle on backgrounds, yeah?

Anyways, I'm looking forward to the game. Like I mentioned in the previous thread, I'm gonna draw inspiration from The Dark Tower series, and base my character on Roland and his original Ka-Tet (Jamie, Cuthbert and Alain). I'll basically be mixing personalities and name to create my character. However, he'll obviously be toned down from the super-serious nature of Roland. I figure having grown up in a Vault will mean he's not such a sour-puss. And he obviously won't be as skilled with a six-shooter as Roland is.

I'll work on stats and try and get them up soon. Any particular deadline set in mind yet?

User avatar
The_Watchman
Mastermind
Mastermind
Posts: 2300
Joined: Sun Jul 31, 2005 1:38 pm

Re: Fallout: Vault 23 (recruiting) 3E

Postby The_Watchman » Tue Feb 12, 2013 6:25 am

I was thinking an unarmed focus character. Given the Vault setting, I'm thinking more the brute type than a more skilled martial artist. Something like Brock Samson (without the special agent training). Probably someone who does a "dumb muscle" job around the Vault.
"This is all your fault! You shouldn't have taken that cat! You don't teleport into strange metal places and steal pets!"
Builds

User avatar
Plan B
Mastermind
Mastermind
Posts: 2413
Joined: Tue Nov 03, 2009 1:07 pm

Re: Fallout: Vault 23 (recruiting) 3E

Postby Plan B » Tue Feb 12, 2013 6:57 am

I was considering something simliar.
    Insert witty comment here.

User avatar
The_Watchman
Mastermind
Mastermind
Posts: 2300
Joined: Sun Jul 31, 2005 1:38 pm

Re: Fallout: Vault 23 (recruiting) 3E

Postby The_Watchman » Tue Feb 12, 2013 7:07 am

Plan B wrote:I was considering something simliar.


I'm not attached to the idea so I can work on another concept.
"This is all your fault! You shouldn't have taken that cat! You don't teleport into strange metal places and steal pets!"
Builds

User avatar
Bombaatu
Paragon
Paragon
Posts: 3127
Joined: Mon Dec 27, 2004 1:29 pm
Location: Austin, TX

Re: Fallout: Vault 23 (recruiting) 3E

Postby Bombaatu » Tue Feb 12, 2013 7:31 am

Well, Crunk isn't going to work. Had an idea about a pipe-wrench wielding mechanic but two others are considering bruiser types so I'll go with my in-game favorite: the sneaky guy :D

User avatar
Plan B
Mastermind
Mastermind
Posts: 2413
Joined: Tue Nov 03, 2009 1:07 pm

Re: Fallout: Vault 23 (recruiting) 3E

Postby Plan B » Tue Feb 12, 2013 7:33 am

The_Watchman wrote:
Plan B wrote:I was considering something simliar.


I'm not attached to the idea so I can work on another concept.


We could both do it and be brothers.
    Insert witty comment here.

Jolinaxas
Bystander
Bystander
Posts: 19
Joined: Fri Nov 30, 2012 5:03 am

Re: Fallout: Vault 23 (recruiting) 3E

Postby Jolinaxas » Tue Feb 12, 2013 11:14 am

Thinking about someone probably on the track to becoming a teacher. High social skills, mild INT-skill focus (mostly "soft" subjects like History and Sociology in case we get any SCIENCE! types, so I don't step on any toes).

Don't have the sheet yet, but likely female, a little combat training (I assume there's basic survival/self-defense training at least available to vault residents? If not, fine with dumping combat.)

Question: Is 103 a "control" vault, or is there a theme/experiment we should keep in mind?
Last edited by Jolinaxas on Tue Feb 12, 2013 11:38 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Bombaatu
Paragon
Paragon
Posts: 3127
Joined: Mon Dec 27, 2004 1:29 pm
Location: Austin, TX

Re: Fallout: Vault 23 (recruiting) 3E

Postby Bombaatu » Tue Feb 12, 2013 11:36 am

Ok - concept is modifying into a sneak-thief/technician.

Question: are skills 2pp/rank or is that modified?

Preliminary build - still needs tweaks, complications & background

Toshiro Juarez McGee - PL 4

Strength 0, Stamina 2, Agility 6, Dexterity 6, Fighting 0, Intellect 1, Awareness 1, Presence 0

Advantages
Agile Feint, Assessment, Eidetic Memory, Equipment 3, Hide in Plain Sight, Inventor, Luck, Skill Mastery: Acrobatics, Well-informed

Skills
Acrobatics 4 (+10), Deception 5 (+5), Insight 3 (+4), Perception 2 (+3), Sleight of Hand 1 (+7), Stealth 1 (+7), Technology 9 (+10), Vehicles 1 (+7)

Equipment
Binoculars, Hold-out Pistol, Home-made sand-buggy, Night Vision Goggles, PIP-Boy 3000 [No Cost] (Camera, Commlink, Computer, Database [Enhanced Adv. 2: Eidetic Memory, Well-informed], GPS Receiver), Throwing knives (Shuriken), Toolkit (Basic)

Offense
Initiative +6
Grab, +0 (DC Spec 10)
Hold-out Pistol, +6 (DC 17)
Throw, +6 (DC 15)
Throwing knives, +6 (DC 16)
Unarmed, +0 (DC 15)

Languages
Native Language

Defense
Dodge 6, Parry 4, Fortitude 3, Toughness 2, Will 2

Power Points
Abilities 32 + Powers 0 + Advantages 9 + Skills 13 (26 ranks) + Defenses 6 = 60

Validation: Complications: At least 2 Complications are required

--------------------

Home-made sand-buggy - PL 4
Image

Strength 4, Defense -2, Toughness 7, Size Large

Powers
Speed 4 (Speed: 30 miles/hour, 500 feet/round)

Power Points
Abilities 1 + Powers 4 + Advantages 0 + Features 0 + Skills 0 (0 ranks) + Defenses 0 + Equipment 0 (0 ep) + Weapons & Armor 0 (0 ep) = 5

User avatar
stavaros-the-arcane
Mastermind
Mastermind
Posts: 2147
Joined: Mon Oct 31, 2011 10:05 pm

Re: Fallout: Vault 23 (recruiting) 3E

Postby stavaros-the-arcane » Tue Feb 12, 2013 5:19 pm

Give me some time to think on this most of my concept ideas involved people already out in the wasteland.

EDIT: got a concept. So my guys background is his job was Vault Exterminator. His spent his time killing off pests in the vault.

Eventually I plan to turn him into a sort of Wasteland Big Game Hunter.

User avatar
Evolución
Paragon
Paragon
Posts: 3060
Joined: Mon Nov 01, 2010 10:37 am

Re: Fallout: Vault 23 (recruiting) 3E

Postby Evolución » Wed Feb 13, 2013 3:53 pm

Jolinaxas wrote:Thinking about someone probably on the track to becoming a teacher. High social skills, mild INT-skill focus (mostly "soft" subjects like History and Sociology in case we get any SCIENCE! types, so I don't step on any toes).

Don't have the sheet yet, but likely female, a little combat training (I assume there's basic survival/self-defense training at least available to vault residents? If not, fine with dumping combat.)

Question: Is 103 a "control" vault, or is there a theme/experiment we should keep in mind?


Skills are 2/pp as standard. If anything is not standard i' ll point it out

Thats a good question. Vault 103 is not a control Vault, of course your characters know mothing about that. We'll leave the grim details for in game.

User avatar
Evolución
Paragon
Paragon
Posts: 3060
Joined: Mon Nov 01, 2010 10:37 am

Re: Fallout: Vault 23 (recruiting) 3E

Postby Evolución » Thu Feb 14, 2013 2:30 pm

Bombaatu wrote:Ok - concept is modifying into a sneak-thief/technician.

Question: are skills 2pp/rank or is that modified?

Preliminary build - still needs tweaks, complications & background

Toshiro Juarez McGee - PL 4

Strength 0, Stamina 2, Agility 6, Dexterity 6, Fighting 0, Intellect 1, Awareness 1, Presence 0

Advantages
Agile Feint, Assessment, Eidetic Memory, Equipment 3, Hide in Plain Sight, Inventor, Luck, Skill Mastery: Acrobatics, Well-informed

Skills
Acrobatics 4 (+10), Deception 5 (+5), Insight 3 (+4), Perception 2 (+3), Sleight of Hand 1 (+7), Stealth 1 (+7), Technology 9 (+10), Vehicles 1 (+7)

Equipment
Binoculars, Hold-out Pistol, Home-made sand-buggy, Night Vision Goggles, PIP-Boy 3000 [No Cost] (Camera, Commlink, Computer, Database [Enhanced Adv. 2: Eidetic Memory, Well-informed], GPS Receiver), Throwing knives (Shuriken), Toolkit (Basic)

Offense
Initiative +6
Grab, +0 (DC Spec 10)
Hold-out Pistol, +6 (DC 17)
Throw, +6 (DC 15)
Throwing knives, +6 (DC 16)
Unarmed, +0 (DC 15)

Languages
Native Language

Defense
Dodge 6, Parry 4, Fortitude 3, Toughness 2, Will 2

Power Points
Abilities 32 + Powers 0 + Advantages 9 + Skills 13 (26 ranks) + Defenses 6 = 60

Validation: Complications: At least 2 Complications are required

--------------------

Home-made sand-buggy - PL 4
Image

Strength 4, Defense -2, Toughness 7, Size Large

Powers
Speed 4 (Speed: 30 miles/hour, 500 feet/round)

Power Points
Abilities 1 + Powers 4 + Advantages 0 + Features 0 + Skills 0 (0 ranks) + Defenses 0 + Equipment 0 (0 ep) + Weapons & Armor 0 (0 ep) = 5



Looks good, but erase the buggy. You are a vault dweller, and that kind of vehicles are not available to you. Yet. You can either rearrange your points, or keep the buggy, but you'll have to wait to find it eventually.

User avatar
Evolución
Paragon
Paragon
Posts: 3060
Joined: Mon Nov 01, 2010 10:37 am

Re: Fallout: Vault 23 (recruiting) 3E

Postby Evolución » Thu Feb 14, 2013 2:31 pm

Jolinaxas wrote:Thinking about someone probably on the track to becoming a teacher. High social skills, mild INT-skill focus (mostly "soft" subjects like History and Sociology in case we get any SCIENCE! types, so I don't step on any toes).

Don't have the sheet yet, but likely female, a little combat training (I assume there's basic survival/self-defense training at least available to vault residents? If not, fine with dumping combat.)

Question: Is 103 a "control" vault, or is there a theme/experiment we should keep in mind?


There is combat training, specially if your occupation test pointed you to security guard.

User avatar
Evolución
Paragon
Paragon
Posts: 3060
Joined: Mon Nov 01, 2010 10:37 am

Re: Fallout: Vault 23 (recruiting) 3E

Postby Evolución » Thu Feb 14, 2013 2:32 pm

SquirrelLord wrote:Hmmm, so if you're if encouraging linked backgrounds with other characters, I guess it would make sense for us to discuss our characters before any of us really settle on backgrounds, yeah?

Anyways, I'm looking forward to the game. Like I mentioned in the previous thread, I'm gonna draw inspiration from The Dark Tower series, and base my character on Roland and his original Ka-Tet (Jamie, Cuthbert and Alain). I'll basically be mixing personalities and name to create my character. However, he'll obviously be toned down from the super-serious nature of Roland. I figure having grown up in a Vault will mean he's not such a sour-puss. And he obviously won't be as skilled with a six-shooter as Roland is.

I'll work on stats and try and get them up soon. Any particular deadline set in mind yet?


Deadline would be the 21 th, so everyone got about a week to finish their characters.


Return to “M&M Game Room”



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Majestic-12 [Bot] and 5 guests