Star Wars: The Old Republic OOC and Rolecall recruiting 2-3

This forum is the place for Mutants & Masterminds Play-By-Post games. Please read the M&M Game Room rules before starting or joining a game. Enjoy!
catsi563
Cosmic Scion
Cosmic Scion

Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic OOC and Rolecall recruiting

Postby catsi563 » Wed Apr 16, 2014 6:11 pm

Aerlock wrote:Cool. I've got a Verpine Force Adept/Sensitive that needs a couple tweaks. I'll see if I can't get him up tonight or tomorrow.

If I'm reading your Force Sensitive Advantage correctly, I should take it only if I want my character to be a developed Jedi or Sith correct? If I want to have something like an untrained, wild talent force character would I still need to have it?

- Aerlock

Yes and No. Force sensitive is if you want your character to actively be able to manipulate and sense the force. The Jedi and Sith are trained to make use of that talent.

those who don't have the talent such as Han Solo, or Theron Shan, or Dean Nightstar, still use the force but do so in very subtle ways, ways which are often attributed to Luck, or catching that second wind or adrenaline or the like.

If you wanted a wild talent untrained force sensitive then yes you would want the talent.

as a note Force Sensitives in this era even with the war going on are rarely missed. The Siths numbers are too few to afford to miss a potential apprentice, and the Jedi have made a science out of necccesity of finding them.

Also the Jedi are well respected in the Era with regard to training force sensitives and thus would be looked to when such an individual came to light.
Dr. Silverback has wryly observed that this is like trying to teach lolcats about Shakespeare

The Litterbox

http://www.fanfiction.net/~catsi563

catsi563
Cosmic Scion
Cosmic Scion

Postby catsi563 » Wed Apr 16, 2014 6:12 pm

robertness wrote:The ones to watch out for are the ones who want you screaming after you're dead.

I finally noticed the house rule on languages and made appropriate edit to Nexxy.

By the way, I tried to follow the link to Nexxy's character sheet in the submissions list, but it leads to Morcco.

Should be corrected now
Dr. Silverback has wryly observed that this is like trying to teach lolcats about Shakespeare

The Litterbox

Aerlwyn
Paragon
Paragon

Postby Aerlwyn » Thu Apr 17, 2014 5:08 am

Sorry having trouble with a back story to work with what i know of the MMO background information.

Aerlock
Heavyweight
Heavyweight

Postby Aerlock » Thu Apr 17, 2014 8:41 am

catsi563 wrote:as a note Force Sensitives in this era even with the war going on are rarely missed. The Siths numbers are too few to afford to miss a potential apprentice, and the Jedi have made a science out of necccesity of finding them.

Also the Jedi are well respected in the Era with regard to training force sensitives and thus would be looked to when such an individual came to light.

Sounds like I better have a real good backstory if I want to be an untrained Force user. I'll see what I can come up with today and if I can't get something together I'll come up with a different character.

- Aerlock
awww...I don't have a signature :(
But I do have character(s)!

Plan B
Mastermind
Mastermind

Postby Plan B » Fri Apr 18, 2014 2:02 pm

If it helps there is a lot of non-jedi, non sith force traditions floating around.

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/The_Force

Most of them are focus on senses.
    Insert witty comment here.

Aerlock
Heavyweight
Heavyweight

Postby Aerlock » Fri Apr 18, 2014 2:40 pm

Here's the crunchy bits. This is the raw output from HeroLab so I still need to do some cleanup to make it easily readable. Unfortunately I won't get much chance to do that this weekend since I have family in town.

I'm still working on the fluff, but the basics of it is he's a naturally skilled TK user and both the Sith and Jedi came to recruit him. Unfortunately they came at the same time and ended up fighting each other. He fled during the battle and decided he didn't want to get caught up in any of that so he stuck with what he knew and kept working on his tech.

Xex - PL 8

Strength 0, Stamina 0, Agility 3, Dexterity 0, Fighting 1, Intellect 6, Awareness 2, Presence 0

Advantages
Benefit, Ambidexterity, Benefit, Wealth (well-off), Eidetic Memory, Equipment 6, Force Sensitive, Improved Grab, Improved Initiative, Improvised Tools, Inventor, Languages 2: Basic, Huttese, Luck 3, Ranged Attack 8, Speed of Thought, Uncanny Dodge

Skills
Acrobatics 6 (+9), Athletics 6 (+6), Expertise (AWE): The Force 8 (+10), Expertise: Shielding Tech 6 (+12), Expertise: Technology 6 (+12), Expertise: Weapon Design 7 (+13), Insight 9 (+11), Perception 7 (+9), Stealth 4 (+7), Technology 7 (+13)

Powers
Compound Eyes: Senses 2 (Danger Sense: Visual, Microscopic Vision 1: dust-size)
Force Sensitivity (Advantages: Improved Initiative, Luck 3, Uncanny Dodge)
. . Force Awareness: Senses 1 (Awareness: The Force)
Enhanced Trait: Enhanced Trait 2 (Advantages: Languages 2: Basic, Huttese)
The Force
. . Force Sense (Advantages: Assessment)
. . . . Senses: Senses 6 (Detect: The Force 2: ranged, Precognition)
. . Move Object: Move Object 4 (800 lbs.; Increased Range: perception; Check Required 5: DC 15 - Expertise: The Force)
. . TK
. . . . Elongation - Mine: Elongation - Mine 2 (Elongation: 30 feet; Limited: Extra Limbs Only)
. . . . Extra Limbs: Extra Limbs 4 (4 extra limbs, Advantages: Improved Grab; Projection)
Verpine Carapace: Protection 4 (+4 Toughness)
Verpine Communication
. . Communication: Radio Area Communication 2 (Area, Subtle: encrypted)
. . Senses: Senses 2 (Acute: Radio, Awareness: Radio)
Verpine Shatter Gun: Damage 5 (DC 20; Custom: +2 to difficulty for lighsaber deflection, Increased Range: ranged, Penetrating 3, Subtle: subtle)
Verpine Shield: Protection 4+4 ([Stacking ranks: +4], +8 Toughness; Impervious, Increased Duration: continuous, Stacks with: Verpine Shield: Protection 4+4; Fades)

Equipment
Flash Goggles, Free Languages [No Cost] [No Cost] [Enhanced Trait: Enhanced Trait 2, Advantages: Languages 2: Basic, Huttese], SCUBA Gear, Toolkit (Basic), Verpine Shatter Gun [Verpine Shatter Gun: Damage 5, DC 20; Custom: +2 to difficulty for lighsaber deflection, Increased Range: ranged, Penetrating 3, Subtle: subtle], Verpine Shield [Verpine Shield: Protection 4+4, [Stacking ranks: +4], +8 Toughness; Impervious, Increased Duration: continuous, Stacks with: Verpine Shield: Protection 4+4; Fades]

Offense
Initiative +10
Grab, +1 (DC Spec 12)
Move Object: Move Object 4 (DC 14)
Throw, +8 (DC 15)
Unarmed, +1 (DC 15)
Verpine Shatter Gun: Damage 5, +8 (DC 20)

Complications
Hatred
Honor

Languages
Verpine

Defense
Dodge 8, Parry 6, Fortitude 6, Toughness 8, Will 8

Power Points
Abilities 24 + Powers 36 + Advantages 21 + Skills 17 (66 ranks) + Defenses 22 = 120

catsi563
Cosmic Scion
Cosmic Scion

Postby catsi563 » Mon Apr 21, 2014 11:11 am

current list of submissions

Ksalisa mandalorian bounty hunter by Aerlwyn

GorrokplanBs Monster Trandoshan

Morco Jorca wulfgar187s smuggler

Nexxy Robertness Ex Imperial commando

Alderanian nobleman Biophilias noble

Xex aerlocks verpine force sensitve

The Litterbox

Aerlwyn
Paragon
Paragon

Postby Aerlwyn » Mon Apr 21, 2014 1:58 pm

Trying to work out how my character would link up with the current group.

bi0philia
Heavyweight
Heavyweight

Postby bi0philia » Mon Apr 21, 2014 5:44 pm

Having a hard time getting anywhere with my current concept so I may end up scrapping that.

Sorry Catsi, let me know what sort of time-frame you have for wrapping up this recruitment and I may see about trying something else.

catsi563
Cosmic Scion
Cosmic Scion

Postby catsi563 » Mon Apr 21, 2014 6:31 pm

was going to push for this week

but I can hold off a little bit longer.

the base concepts good someone who knows the political angle and can work it, but can fight with more then just words as needed

The Litterbox

kirinke
Cosmic Scion
Cosmic Scion
Location: Behind the mayo, to the left of the cheese, next to the mystery meat leftover from last week

Postby kirinke » Mon Apr 21, 2014 6:42 pm

It could be that Senya is an old family friend of the Organas, helped them out with a 'little' trouble with Ulgo's awhile back. Since she knows that Vindi is in the senate causing trouble, she could call on her old friend to help her get the lay of the land and maybe provide a bit of protection for his kid in return.... :twisted:

bi0philia
Heavyweight
Heavyweight

Postby bi0philia » Mon Apr 21, 2014 6:53 pm

Interesting, I'll keep these things percolating, I like the Senya angle, it could work!

kirinke
Cosmic Scion
Cosmic Scion
Location: Behind the mayo, to the left of the cheese, next to the mystery meat leftover from last week

Postby kirinke » Mon Apr 21, 2014 7:19 pm

It's pretty plausible and it sort of ties into the sentinel story-line. Plus it kinda goes in with Senya having odd friends and associates, in odd places for very odd reasons. 8)

Aerlock
Heavyweight
Heavyweight

Postby Aerlock » Tue Apr 22, 2014 8:40 am

Sometimes I really wish I had the ability to write stories. This is one of those times. All I can get for a background is that little bit I posted with the build. I just cannot get my brain to come up with anything other than HERP-A-DERP to expand on the whole "fought over by Jedi and Sith" idea. All that being said I'm going to withdraw my submission for play. I would have loved to get the chance to play in a Star Wars game but I just can't get this character together and cannot come up with another concept for a Star Wars game that works.

Thanks for the consideration.
- Aerlock

catsi563
Cosmic Scion
Cosmic Scion

Postby catsi563 » Tue Apr 22, 2014 12:53 pm

Aerlock wrote:Sometimes I really wish I had the ability to write stories. This is one of those times. All I can get for a background is that little bit I posted with the build. I just cannot get my brain to come up with anything other than HERP-A-DERP to expand on the whole "fought over by Jedi and Sith" idea. All that being said I'm going to withdraw my submission for play. I would have loved to get the chance to play in a Star Wars game but I just can't get this character together and cannot come up with another concept for a Star Wars game that works.

Thanks for the consideration.
- Aerlock

the verpine part may be throwing you off, try a simpler concept maybe human or the like. sometimes in the rush to play something super cool and neat looking, and not clichéd we forget that the basics can be just as fun.

The Litterbox

Return to “M&M Game Room”