Star Wars: The Old Republic OOC and Rolecall recruiting 2-3

This forum is the place for Mutants & Masterminds Play-By-Post games. Please read the M&M Game Room rules before starting or joining a game. Enjoy!
bi0philia
Heavyweight
Heavyweight

Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic OOC and Rolecall recruiting

Postby bi0philia » Mon Apr 14, 2014 6:41 pm

Awesome, just as a refresher, are we after or before the whole great sith invasion thing?

kenmadragon
Mastermind
Mastermind

Postby kenmadragon » Mon Apr 14, 2014 6:48 pm

This is after the events of The Old Republic game if that's what you're asking...

kirinke
Cosmic Scion
Cosmic Scion
Location: Behind the mayo, to the left of the cheese, next to the mystery meat leftover from last week

Postby kirinke » Mon Apr 14, 2014 6:57 pm

Actually, I'm thinking right at the end of it, because Senya was talking to Ana (the jedi knight character), who said she was going off to confront the Emperor for the second time...

Sooo maybe Chapter 3 and Endgame content?

kenmadragon
Mastermind
Mastermind

Postby kenmadragon » Mon Apr 14, 2014 7:00 pm

Nah. Fio had already beaten Thanaton and Ga'ara was already the Emperor's Wrath, so I'm pretty sure it's after the end of the game...

Then again, I have no idea what the plot lines are for any class save Sorcerer, so... yeah. No clue.

catsi563
Cosmic Scion
Cosmic Scion

Postby catsi563 » Mon Apr 14, 2014 11:53 pm

in my personal head cannon and this is somewhat supported by in game events

the Imperials story takes place roughly a month to 6 months Prior to the republic story.

this is marginally supported by the fact that Taris and Balmora happen in different order for each side.

so for me this would roughly be as the Knight (ana) goes to confront the emperor, Naashasa has faced or is facing the first son, the trooper is ending or has ended the conflict on corellia and is mopping up. And the smuggler has successfully become the Void hound gaining great prestige in the underworld.

Makeb has yet to happen, and the republic/Imperial attack on oricon

subsequent events in episode 3 will make mention of these events
Dr. Silverback has wryly observed that this is like trying to teach lolcats about Shakespeare

The Litterbox

http://www.fanfiction.net/~catsi563

kirinke
Cosmic Scion
Cosmic Scion
Location: Behind the mayo, to the left of the cheese, next to the mystery meat leftover from last week

Postby kirinke » Tue Apr 15, 2014 4:26 am

To me, Senya and Azdaon are both sort of following the basic plotlines for the Sorcerer and knight respectively, in their own twisted and inverted way. Or at least I can see some elements in it. :twisted:

bi0philia
Heavyweight
Heavyweight

Prince Tome of House Organa

Postby bi0philia » Tue Apr 15, 2014 1:18 pm

The beginnings of a 2nd draft, now with a name.

Tome Organa

PL (120)
STRENGTH 2 STAMINA 2 AGILITY 2
FIGHTING 4 DEXTERITY 4
INTELLIGENCE 4 AWARENESS 4 PRESENCE 6

Skills: Close Combat 6 (Pistol-Whip)
Ranged Combat 2( Arc Slinger)
Ranged Combat 4( Tome's Blaster)

Advantages: Benefit(Alderanian Prince)Close Combat 1, Attractive 1, Defensive Roll 2, Wealth 2

Powers:
(Easily Removable: 15pp Cost)...Tome's Hand Blaster: Ranged Damage 6; Accurate, Multi-attack, Penetrating 3; Diminished Range 1...21pp
[AE]...Energy Sapper: Ranged Weaken Strength Attack 10 ; Accurate; Resisted by Fortitude...1PP
[AE]...Arc Slinger: Ranged Affliction 10; Accurate; Resisted by Fortitude; 1st Degree-Dazed |2nd degree-Stunned |3rd Degree-Incapacitated...1pp
[AE]...Cortosis-Weave Pistol Whip!:Improved Critical 2, Str-Based Damage 3 Linked with Nullify(Lightsabers)12; Effortless; -Close Ranged...1pp
[AE]...Scope Sensors: Senses: Vision Based: Analytical, Darkvision, Distance Sense, Extended 2(1,000 Ft.), Infravision, Low-Light Vision...1pp

(Hard to Remove: 8pp Cost)...Tome's Cortosis Plated Armor: Protection 4, Impervious 6...10pp

Offense:
Ranged--Tome's Blaster + 10 Attack | DC 16 Damage, 3 Penetrating
Energy Sapper +6 Attack | DC 20 Fortitude Effect
Arc Slinger +6 Attack | DC 20 Fortitude Effect

Melee- Unarmed +5 | DC 12 Damage
Pistol Whip +11 | DC 15 Damage

Defenses:
Dodge +8 (DC ), Parry +8 (DC ), Toughness +8/+6 Impervious, Fortitude +6, Will +10

Complications:

Total: Abilities:56 / Skills: / Advantages: / Powers:15 / Defenses:20 =(120)
Last edited by bi0philia on Wed Apr 23, 2014 12:35 pm, edited 3 times in total.

robertness
Comrade
Comrade

Postby robertness » Tue Apr 15, 2014 6:10 pm

The chronology of which story line happens first gets a little wonky when you start throwing in the companion quests. Kallio makes a cameo appearance in Doc's story around 8000 affection, which was towards the end of Chapter 3 when I played a knight. Yet, Kalli's role in Doc's story implies that she hasn't met the Imperial Agent on Hutta yet. Overall, I think the devs did a decent job of giving satisfyin class stories that allow the end game content to make sense regardless of which story line you ran through.

Biophilia, one quick comment about the build: The combination of Pacifism and Animal Empathy makes me think the rest of the party will stand dumbfounded while you try to befriend a rankor for the umpteenth time. "Last monster we talked to ate half the party."

kirinke
Cosmic Scion
Cosmic Scion

Postby kirinke » Tue Apr 15, 2014 6:26 pm

Plus, Senya and Azdaon are rather violent. Unless you're going for a more technical pacifist than an actual one, Ala Theran Cedrax.

I mean, Senya pretty much told Azdaon to hit a Wampa with something and he brought an entire ship down on the dang thing! 8)

Aerlock
Heavyweight
Heavyweight

Postby Aerlock » Wed Apr 16, 2014 12:06 pm

Is it too late to put in a submission?

- Aerlock
awww...I don't have a signature :(
But I do have character(s)!

catsi563
Cosmic Scion
Cosmic Scion

Postby catsi563 » Wed Apr 16, 2014 1:32 pm

No not at all im still considering things for the next episode
Dr. Silverback has wryly observed that this is like trying to teach lolcats about Shakespeare

The Litterbox

http://www.fanfiction.net/~catsi563

Aerlock
Heavyweight
Heavyweight

Postby Aerlock » Wed Apr 16, 2014 2:31 pm

Cool. I've got a Verpine Force Adept/Sensitive that needs a couple tweaks. I'll see if I can't get him up tonight or tomorrow.

If I'm reading your Force Sensitive Advantage correctly, I should take it only if I want my character to be a developed Jedi or Sith correct? If I want to have something like an untrained, wild talent force character would I still need to have it?

- Aerlock
awww...I don't have a signature :(
But I do have character(s)!

bi0philia
Heavyweight
Heavyweight

Postby bi0philia » Wed Apr 16, 2014 3:06 pm

Point taken on the Pacifist thing.

Some things don't mesh. I will probably remove the complication and play him as a Technical Pacifist, playing heavily into the Good is not Nice style.

kirinke
Cosmic Scion
Cosmic Scion

Postby kirinke » Wed Apr 16, 2014 5:58 pm

Heh. Good idea. As Senya would put it.

"Peace is a laudable goal my friend. Unfortunantly, most of the things we run up against want us screaming on a T-table, for the main course or dead.... Sometimes all three."

robertness
Comrade
Comrade

Postby robertness » Wed Apr 16, 2014 6:07 pm

The ones to watch out for are the ones who want you screaming after you're dead.

I finally noticed the house rule on languages and made appropriate edit to Nexxy.

By the way, I tried to follow the link to Nexxy's character sheet in the submissions list, but it leads to Morcco.

Return to “M&M Game Room”