Crinoverse: Nights of horror IC (Man in the Box)

This forum is the place for Mutants & Masterminds Play-By-Post games. Please read the M&M Game Room rules before starting or joining a game. Enjoy!
Cinder
Hero
Hero

Re: Crinoverse: Nights of horror IC (Man in Box)

Post by Cinder » Sat Mar 15, 2014 7:39 am

Rose
HP: 1
LP: 1
Condition: -1 on Toughness Saves

11 init.

Arthur Eld
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Re: Crinoverse: Nights of horror IC (Man in the Box)

Post by Arthur Eld » Sun Mar 16, 2014 7:35 am

"Stick together. Let's get Kathy!"

He paused for a second, knowing his gun wouldn't be much use in the darkness, but not wanting to get in knife range with a were-rat. "Oh, by the way, dumbass, that's not even Malcolm. Its just some poor sap in his body."
Initiative 1d20+5=17

Crinos
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by Crinos » Sun Mar 16, 2014 8:50 am

Arthur Eld wrote:"Stick together. Let's get Kathy!"

He paused for a second, knowing his gun wouldn't be much use in the darkness, but not wanting to get in knife range with a were-rat. "Oh, by the way, dumbass, that's not even Malcolm. Its just some poor sap in his body."
Initiative 1d20+5=17
"You think I ****ing care? Either I kill the real Malcom, or I kill his body while he aint in it. Either way, I win. By the way, where is Malcom if he aint in his body?"

(Init order:

Karl: 24
Brian: 17
Were rat: 16
Rose: 11)

stavaros-the-arcane
Mastermind
Mastermind

Post by stavaros-the-arcane » Fri Mar 21, 2014 4:37 pm

Crinos wrote:
Arthur Eld wrote:"Stick together. Let's get Kathy!"

Initiative 1d20+5=17
"You think I ****ing care? Either I kill the real Malcom, or I kill his body while he aint in it. Either way, I win. By the way, where is Malcom if he aint in his body?"

(Init order:

Karl: 24
Brian: 17
Were rat: 16
Rose: 11)
"Probably stocking up on fire and rat poison for your sorry ass." Karl called back while moving towards Kathy. Lowering his voice he says "I'm going to need both hands to try and get those chains off. cover me. Once we have her out head for the fuse box he chewed on. If we can get more light we've got him."
Sleight of Hand (lock picking)
1d20+4 → [18,4] = (22)

Arthur Eld
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by Arthur Eld » Mon Mar 24, 2014 11:37 am

Brian moved with Karl, making sure he was between him and any direction Tom might attack from.

"You know, even in the dark, there's still only one of you. Are your buddies just out, or did you eat them yourself?"
Going total defense this round.

Crinos
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by Crinos » Mon Mar 24, 2014 9:15 pm

stavaros-the-arcane wrote:
"Probably stocking up on fire and rat poison for your sorry ass." Karl called back while moving towards Kathy. Lowering his voice he says "I'm going to need both hands to try and get those chains off. cover me. Once we have her out head for the fuse box he chewed on. If we can get more light we've got him."
Sleight of Hand (lock picking)
1d20+4 → [18,4] = (22)
You manage to get the chains undone.

"Thanks." Kathy says, standing shakily.

Crinos
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by Crinos » Mon Mar 24, 2014 9:18 pm

Arthur Eld wrote:Brian moved with Karl, making sure he was between him and any direction Tom might attack from.

"You know, even in the dark, there's still only one of you. Are your buddies just out, or did you eat them yourself?"
Going total defense this round.
"**** YOU!"

Thanks to his outburst, you hear Tom coming, as he bites down right next to your head.

(1d20+5=13

Phrozen
Luminary
Luminary

Post by Phrozen » Wed Mar 26, 2014 5:44 pm

Crinos wrote: One of the kid knocks back a drink of whiskey.

"**** it lets go!"
Malcom Hargrove

"That is what I like to hear. We need to pick up some gasoline and a flare gun. I got some directions to a old abandoned building we can burn down." Malcom headed out the door with the frat boys.

Arthur Eld
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by Arthur Eld » Thu Mar 27, 2014 1:10 pm

Brina packed away, gun twirling in the darkness.

"I believe you will find it is, in fact, a case of **** you."

Cinder
Hero
Hero

Post by Cinder » Thu Mar 27, 2014 3:22 pm

Rose

Precpetion 14 to get a general idea where the Wererat is. -5 for total concealment.
Rose pulls an arrow and attempts to fire into the area were she heard the Wererat attack from.
Attack 20-5 (full concealment)=15 DC 20 if the perception roll permitted me to discern his location.

Crinos
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by Crinos » Sun Mar 30, 2014 9:26 pm

Cinder wrote:Rose

Precpetion 14 to get a general idea where the Wererat is. -5 for total concealment.
Rose pulls an arrow and attempts to fire into the area were she heard the Wererat attack from.
Attack 20-5 (full concealment)=15 DC 20 if the perception roll permitted me to discern his location.
1d20+9=28
Sadly you can't spot him in the shadow, luckily your arrow does find purchase in the dark.

(That hits, but barely. Is that a silver arrow?)

stavaros-the-arcane
Mastermind
Mastermind

Post by stavaros-the-arcane » Mon Mar 31, 2014 12:15 pm

Karl swings his flashlight towards the sound of the arrows impact hoping to catch sight of the rat bastard so he could introduce a hands length of sharpened silver to his guts.
While you get that sorted out I'm going to use Perception to see if I can spot him with Karl's flashlight. before trying to stab him.
1d20+8 → [1,8] = (9)
Right what do you do for that kind of crit fail? I mean no follow up attack is a given but what else?

Crinos
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by Crinos » Mon Mar 31, 2014 12:20 pm

stavaros-the-arcane wrote:Karl swings his flashlight towards the sound of the arrows impact hoping to catch sight of the rat bastard so he could introduce a hands length of sharpened silver to his guts.
While you get that sorted out I'm going to use Perception to see if I can spot him with Karl's flashlight. before trying to stab him.
1d20+8 → [1,8] = (9)
Right what do you do for that kind of crit fail? I mean no follow up attack is a given but what else?
(This)

You swing around the flashlight, and find Gorgeous Tom standing with his face right up next to yours. This startles you so much you drop your flashlight and it breaks. You hear Tom tittering in the darkness.

stavaros-the-arcane
Mastermind
Mastermind

Post by stavaros-the-arcane » Mon Mar 31, 2014 12:58 pm

Crinos wrote:
stavaros-the-arcane wrote:Karl swings his flashlight towards the sound of the arrows impact hoping to catch sight of the rat bastard so he could introduce a hands length of sharpened silver to his guts.
1d20+8 → [1,8] = (9)
(This)

You swing around the flashlight, and find Gorgeous Tom standing with his face right up next to yours. This startles you so much you drop your flashlight and it breaks. You hear Tom tittering in the darkness.
Yeah I was kind of expecting something like that.
"Son of a bitch!" Karl swears as he loses his flashlight.

Cinder
Hero
Hero

Post by Cinder » Tue Apr 01, 2014 9:31 am

Crinos wrote:
Cinder wrote:Rose

1d20+9=28
Sadly you can't spot him in the shadow, luckily your arrow does find purchase in the dark.

(That hits, but barely. Is that a silver arrow?)
Sorry. It was silver.