Injustice Gang IC: Chapter 4- Bad Times

This forum is the place for Mutants & Masterminds Play-By-Post games. Please read the M&M Game Room rules before starting or joining a game. Enjoy!
Shock
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Re: Injustice Gang IC: Chapter 4- Bad Times

Postby Shock » Sat Apr 19, 2014 2:00 pm

Putty
HP: 1

"Nothin much." Putty shrugged. "Fought some Kobra guys then they blew themselves up. Took me all night to dig myself ouf."

Horsenhero
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Horsenhero » Sun Apr 20, 2014 10:30 am

Gloom, Sarvak & Atomic Skull III-

Alice puts nearly everything she has into her aggressive assault. The powerful blow catches Culp in the mid-section and sends him carrening across the room to collide with the wall. He hit with a muffled...thump...and bounces off, nearly collapsing as he does so.

Toughness Save. 1d20+8=11. Holy Cats!

Normally he would be out of this, but I'm going to fiat that he's merely -1, staggered. Atomic Skull gets a HP.

Why? He's Gloom's arch-enemy, so I figure give Eddie an chance at being the one who knocks him out...if he wants to take the opportunity.

Shadowbourne
Superhero
Superhero

Postby Shadowbourne » Sun Apr 20, 2014 4:52 pm

Gloom
HP:0 Cnd: Angry Little Shadow

Eddie's frustration was palpable as his own efforts to free his father seemed fruitless. Like the others, he had sought a reaction out of his parent. Unlike the others, all Eddie wanted was simply acknowledgment of his existence. Now...in the most important moment of his short existence, Eddie couldn't help his father. The shadow binding him were resisting his efforts.

Looking up, Eddie slides back as Sarvak takes hold of the chair and starts to dissolve the shadow matter...Hold on Da...hold on...Eddie's eyes then flash as Culp's umbral arrows flash across the room. The anger that had been simmering in Eddie boiled to the top. His usual carefree mercurial attitude disappeared as a darker, more feral instinct drove him.

With a sneering growl, Gloom twisted and twirled through the hail of arrows, only to be passed up by Alice's blazing firebolt. Still, it was only a blink of an eye before Eddie flowed down through the floor...only to emerge from behind Culp with a vicious blow to the back of Culp's head, " Eviction notice served mate!"

Shadow Slam[Accurate Teleportation Attack 1, Medium: Shadows w/Change Direction linked to Damage 8 w/ Variable 2, Indirect 4, Improved Critical 2, and Takedown 2]Shadow Slam DC23 (1d20+8=28)...how's that for taking down my arch nemesis? DC28 for the Critical.

Horsenhero
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Horsenhero » Sun Apr 20, 2014 6:44 pm

Simon Culp-

The secondary claimant to the powers of the Shade had barely held his feet when Alice struck him. He was still regaining his bearings when Eddie lay a tremendous blow against the back of his skull. His eyes rolled back in his head and he eloquently said;

"Gurk."

Before he keeled over onto the floor.

Culp is down. -2 Toughness, Staggered, Incapacitated.

Sarvak is up.

roguescribner
Paragon
Paragon

Re: Injustice Gang IC: Chapter 3-New Gods, Old Problems

Postby roguescribner » Mon Apr 21, 2014 9:41 am

Sarvak
HP: 2
Condition: Fine

"Give, ya freakin' shadow crap!" Sarvak yelled as reapplied his acidic ooze against the bindings.

OOC wrote:Second verse, same as the first!

Corrosive: (Damage: Damage 5, +9 (DC 20) + Weaken: Weaken 9, +9 (DC Fort 19)) (1d20+9=17, 1d20+9=27)

HP reroll the damage portion (first roll):
hp (1d20+9=14) + 10 = 24
GM - Age of Heroes Chapter 2
Sarvak - The Injustice Gang

Plan B
Mastermind
Mastermind

Postby Plan B » Tue Apr 22, 2014 5:30 am

Atomic Skull

Alice took a quick look around "Soooo, are you going to let him go? " Alice asked remaining silhouette.

"Schemes over, shoo."
    Insert witty comment here.

Horsenhero
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Horsenhero » Tue Apr 22, 2014 7:59 am

Sarvak-

Whatever Simon Culp's intent, after Sarvak finished the job of burning through the manacles that held Richard Swift, it was rendered pointless. Once the bonds were destroyed, color immediately came back into his face and his breathing eased. culp on the otherhand got paler and his breathe came in raspy gulps... difficult even as he lay unconscious.

Atomic Skull III-

Even with her fleshless skull ablaze and full of threat, it was almost impossible not to imagine Alice looking at the heretofore motionless Karkull like one would a puppy that had wandered into the wrong yard. Still and silent for the entire encounter, now Karkull reacted. Raising his left hand, he snapped to ebon fingers and the house simply vanished, leaving you all standing on a flat black plain.

"Aren't you just the insolent one?" He says, seemingly intent on Alice. "I'm going to let you leave. I'm going to let you live...for one reason only. Tell the Justice Society I am coming back and this time the world will be mine."

"Now...how did you phrase it? Oh yes...shoo."

And as soon as those words were spken, the trio, along with the dazed Richard Swift appear back within the magic circle at the Oblivion Bar.

roguescribner
Paragon
Paragon

Re: Injustice Gang IC: Chapter 3-New Gods, Old Problems

Postby roguescribner » Tue Apr 22, 2014 9:17 am

Sarvak
HP: 2
Condition: Fine

"Well," Sarvak said, a perplexed look on his scowly face. "That happened." He bent down to assist Eddie's father. "Hey man, you all right?"
GM - Age of Heroes Chapter 2
Sarvak - The Injustice Gang

Plan B
Mastermind
Mastermind

Postby Plan B » Tue Apr 22, 2014 10:00 am

Atomic Skull
HP:2

"So who was that guy? Because i got, totally, no idea who he was." Alice said looking around.

Shadowbourne
Superhero
Superhero

Postby Shadowbourne » Tue Apr 22, 2014 9:16 pm

Gloom
HP:0 Cnd: Family Dysfunction

Eddie stood there for a brief moment before he started to turn to Karkull when the Psychotic Shadow turned and addressed Alice...

"I'm going to let you leave. I'm going to let you live...for one reason only. Tell the Justice Society I am coming back and this time the world will be mine. Now...how did you phrase it? Oh yes...shoo."

Eddie started to flow forward again, energized by the pain he had delivered to Culp. Only to stumble when the world abruptly changed. Stopping himself just short of the circles edge, Eddie spun back to Help the massive Sarvak get the man that was Eddie's father, "Oy, you 'K? That bastard didn't do anything permanent...did he?" While Eddie banter sounded light, his face was a roadmap of both worry and trepidation. He had never met the man that conjured him out of the shadowstuff. His only knowledge of him was the hazy recollections that were more like personal memories than shared ones.

Before the Shade can reply, Eddie looks towards Atomic Skull and Sarvak, "Thanks mates...couldn't have faired that well in the dustup withouts youse help...Thanks. Next rounds on me..."

Hound
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Hound » Thu Apr 24, 2014 1:34 pm

Boomer

Carson casually walked over to Andre and came a strong sturdy tap on the shoulder, though through his battle armor, he probably didn't even feel it. "Man that was impressive Andre! What did you use on him? A truth ray? Truth gas? Truth injection!? Did you inject him with nano-bots that made him tell the truth?! How'd you do it man? Oh and where are we off to now? I can't wait to gather this information, because when we're done, I'm making everyone waffles! Epic waffles. What do you like on your waffles? Personally I like a little whip cream with cut up banana's on mine. Use to enjoy making the cream out of Bailey's. Now that I'm sober, I guess regular whip cream will have to do. Anyone else want to go for a run? Why are we still sitting here? Let's go get that evidence! ...where's the evidence again?"
"Whats wrong? You came here expecting to fight a madman, and instead found a god!?"
My Characters

Horsenhero
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Horsenhero » Thu Apr 24, 2014 1:54 pm

Gloom, Sarvak & Atomic Skull III-

Richard Swift pushes himself up to a sitting position within the circle and takes a look around. Three obvious super-humans standing near him and a sorceress sitting crosslegged on black velvet mat at one point.

Trying to shake off the disorientation he felt, he straightens his glasses and says with as much dignity as he can manage under the circumstances; "Thank you for freeing me from Ian and Simon's clutches. I appreciate your efforts. May I ask why you did what you did?"

Shock
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Shock » Thu Apr 24, 2014 6:06 pm

Putty
HP: 1

Putty grabbed Boomer's arm. "What the heck is wrong with you? Not that I'm gonna turn down waffles but you're acting like a nutcase." He shrugged. "You know, more than usual."

Plan B
Mastermind
Mastermind

Postby Plan B » Fri Apr 25, 2014 1:44 pm

Atomic Skull

"Eddie asked us too." Alice said slapping Gloom forward. "I need a drink shadowlands has left a weird taste in mouth." She said wandering towards the bar.

Shadowbourne
Superhero
Superhero

Postby Shadowbourne » Sat Apr 26, 2014 7:27 pm

Gloom
HP: 0 Cnd: Slightly Intimidated

For a span of heartbeats, Eddie Swift stood there as the man that was his father ask them why they freed him. Alice's not so gentle slap almost sent the tenebrous teen sprawling into his progenitor. Unsure as to what to say, Eddie stammers, "I ...ummm...blimey bloody 'ell...I, uhhh, I am a part of....umm, I mean you are...I have a connection to..." Eddie started out with the Injustice Gang not to shame his father, nor to snub his nose at him. Eddie joined so as just to be noticed by him. And when that very thing happens...all the Shade's Son could do was stutter and curse in indecision. What does one do when they accomplish their goals...how does one say here I am?

Return to “M&M Game Room”