Injustice Gang IC: Chapter 4- Bad Times

This forum is the place for Mutants & Masterminds Play-By-Post games. Please read the M&M Game Room rules before starting or joining a game. Enjoy!
Horsenhero
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Re: Injustice Gang IC: Chapter 4- Bad Times

Postby Horsenhero » Fri Apr 11, 2014 11:56 am

Gloom, Sarvak & Atomic Skull III-

"A poor houseguest?" Culp sneers. "Ha! Thanks to Karkull, soon I'll have drained the power from Swift entirely, then I'll have form in the real world! I'll be the one to restore the Shade's reputation. Have you seen what this imbecile has done? Protecting Opal City. Protecting mortals. Befriending Starman! Once I'm back in charge, I'll kill off the last remaining members of the Knight lineage...except for maybe Stargirl. Maybe I'll keep her as a pet...or a broodmare."

"Once I'm back in charge, I'll plunge the whole world into darkness!"

Gloom: Of all the beings in the room, it is the silent Ian Karkull who is packing the most power. Richard Swift seems to be getting weaker, while Simon Culp gets stronger...stealing the power of the Shade through the black chair and bonds.

Plan B
Mastermind
Mastermind

Postby Plan B » Fri Apr 11, 2014 12:22 pm

Atomic Skull

Alices eyes started to glow for a moment before a torrent of fire poured across the room straight at Culp "Burn creep"

Atomic fire blast: All out attack 2- Power attack 2 1d20+9=29 DC 31 toughness
    Insert witty comment here.

Plan B
Mastermind
Mastermind

Postby Plan B » Fri Apr 11, 2014 2:04 pm

Initiative 1d20=4

roguescribner
Paragon
Paragon

Re: Injustice Gang IC: Chapter 3-New Gods, Old Problems

Postby roguescribner » Fri Apr 11, 2014 3:45 pm

Sarvak
HP: 2
Condition: Fine

"So much for small talk," Sarvak sighed as he braced for battle.

OOC wrote:initiative
1d20+7=11
GM - Age of Heroes Chapter 2
Sarvak - The Injustice Gang

Horsenhero
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Horsenhero » Fri Apr 11, 2014 4:09 pm

The Shade/Simon Culp-

Alice's aromic fire scorches a trail through the dark air to strike where Culp was standing. "What the..?!?" He yelped as shadows leapt up his body extinguishing the flames.

"You're going to pay for that you little trollop!"

Okay...The Shade (either Richard or Simon) is immune to crits due to his connection with the Shadowlands. Sorry Plan B, that was a sweet roll.

Toughness Save. 1d20+8=27.

Initiative 1d20+3=7....yeah, Simon's good luck couldn't last.

Shadowbourne
Superhero
Superhero

Postby Shadowbourne » Sat Apr 12, 2014 6:50 am

Gloom
HP:0 Cnd: Into the frying pan

'Bloody 'Ell!", Eddie's eyes contract to pinpoints when Alice's torrent of fire flows past him and strikes Culp in a waterfall of flames. In that flash of a microsecond, the Shadow Son moves and flows like a surfer across the gulf between him and his father. As he does, the shadows along the floor and walls pour around him and his outstretched hand, seeking to undo the bonds that restrain his sire.

Initiative (1d20+6=24)...Eddie's going to move and use Shadowgrasp:Move Object 9 with Precise to try and TEAR the bonds from Richard Swift.

Coyotzin
Titan
Titan

Postby Coyotzin » Sat Apr 12, 2014 12:05 pm

The Muscle Claudette "Claw" Blanchard
HP: 3 Cond: Not totally convinced.

Claw stared at Carson and his taped hand, she was getting tired of that big macho Sparta-augh act, but she also knew that she just couldn't walk away from him either, because it was that attitude that led to self-destructive, stupid actions.

So she just huffed and cursed in French under her breath and motioned him to follow. She greeted Putty and led the two into the Gangway, guessing the others were not around.

Shock wrote:"We picking up Andre?"

"He's already there." She answered as she fused her morphic field with the Gangway and initiated launch protocols.

"We're en route." She informed Andre through the ship's comms. "I'm taking Boomer and Putty; Sarvak, Alice, and Eddie are not around, but for Eddie it's not a surprise. I'm using the Ospray disguise to reach your position."

OOC: Sorry about the hold-up; I've been playing Tetris with my new room. Managed to unpack my art and reference books plus my manga books, all still without using any of the shelves in my bookshelf :)

Horsenhero
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Horsenhero » Sun Apr 13, 2014 10:19 pm

Boomer, Lex Talionis, Putty, The Muscle-

As the Gangway, disguised as an Osprey arrives Magog has a confused looking Flashman held by the scruff of the neck. Cat Grant is looking serious and yet predatory at the same time. She obviously knows this is a scoop. Even with his face obscured by his battlesuit helm, there is an almost palpable sense of satisfaction radiating from Lex Talionis.

Gloom's shadows tug at the bindings keeping the Shade (Richard Swift) imprisoned, but it becomes obvious they aren't black ropes or even manacles with latches that can be undone, they are simply the stuff of the Shadowlands formed into restraints by either Karkull or the Shade (Simon Culp).

Since Shadowgrasp lacks the damaging extra, it really can't do anything to the restraints on Swift.

Sarvak is up.

roguescribner
Paragon
Paragon

Re: Injustice Gang IC: Chapter 3-New Gods, Old Problems

Postby roguescribner » Mon Apr 14, 2014 12:10 pm

Sarvak
HP: 2
Condition: Fine

Taking a cue from Eddie, Sarvak leaped into action (literally!). He moved swiftly to the bound man and wrapped his bulging arms around the shadowy chair. "Here goes nuthin'!" he exclaimed, oozing acidic fluid from his pores.

OOC wrote:1d20+8=27, 1d20+7=21
I made this roll by mistake. It's for Transmute Being, but I'm not trying to do that, I'm trying to corrode the bonds. I read the wrong line on my sheet. I just wanted that out there.

I'm not going to reroll, but apply my proper bonus to what is linked above. So, using Corrosive: (Damage: Damage 5, +9 (DC 20) + Weaken: Weaken 9, +9 (DC Fort 19))

First roll becomes a 28. It's been a while since I've used a linked power and I'm without my books. Do I roll for both? If so, second roll becomes a 23.
GM - Age of Heroes Chapter 2
Sarvak - The Injustice Gang

Shock
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Shock » Tue Apr 15, 2014 6:22 am

Putty
HP: 1

Putty casually strolled out of the Gangway to approach the scene. "Looks like a happy ending to me. So what are we doing here?"

Hound
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Hound » Tue Apr 15, 2014 9:36 am

Boomer

It was like a light switch inside Carson's head suddenly flipped. Suddenly Carson no longer felt lathergic and empty, but full of life and vigor. Things that seemed like world ending problems moments ago no longer seemed important. Who cares if he might have to serve a little time, or do volunteer work? Who cares if Claudette doesn't feel the same way?

There's still plenty to feel thank ful for! Hell there is 3 billion women in the world, 150 million in the US alone. Probably close half of that is between the ages fo 18 and 40. That's some good odds, I tell you what!

Carson's was becoming noticeably jittery in his chair, and a stupid smile was on his face. "Hey Claud, after this you want to get the gang together and go get something to eat? Get everyone? Legs and Irv too? Maybe pizza! Or Chinese. Hell we could take this baby to Japan and get some authentic sushi!" He was talking oddly fast. Like, speedster oddly fast. "Oh and maybe get everyone to go dancing after? Or maybe Karaoke! Oh man. After that I want to do some mods to my Harley. Is Andre almost one? I mean Flashman just confessed, so now we just have to go get the evidence, right?"
"Whats wrong? You came here expecting to fight a madman, and instead found a god!?"
My Characters

Shock
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Shock » Tue Apr 15, 2014 12:49 pm

Putty
HP: 1

Putty put his hand on Boomer's shoulder. "You OK? Meds run out again?"

Horsenhero
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Horsenhero » Thu Apr 17, 2014 1:55 pm

Sarvak puts his hands on the dark bonds, his corrosive touch burning away at the shadow stuff. A cloud of the shadowy material drizzles away as the acid eats it away and he tears off a chunk with his prodigious strength, but it isn't enough to free the bound man.

Simon Culp snarls at the three of you and suddenly a fullisade of shadow arrows strikes at all of you.

Attack rolls...Gloom, Sarvak, Atomic Skull...1d20+10 (multi-attack) 13, 30, 11.

Sigh. Since the first attack misses...the other two are rendered meaningless.

Atomic Skull is up.

Plan B
Mastermind
Mastermind

Postby Plan B » Thu Apr 17, 2014 5:04 pm

Atomic Skull

"Eddie translate this in to ye olde for him." Alice sneered as she charged across the room throwing a massive punch at Culp.

All out attack 5 power attack 2 1d20+9=22 DC 29 toughness if it hits

EnigmaticOne
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby EnigmaticOne » Sat Apr 19, 2014 12:36 pm

Lex Talionis
HP: 3

Magog looks at Lex Talionis and grunts. "You want to look for his stolen technology or should I? Either way he's going to prison. The Thinker will probably sue him for theft of both property and intellectual property anyway.

That might have been a bit too risky - but someone it worked.... and Andre was a little suspicious about it. Still, no use in undermining his victory here. "Leave that to us. Nothing meant by it, but you may have your hands full with Flashman at the moment."

Indeed, the device was profoundly suspicious with the timing.

As the Gangway, disguised as an Osprey arrives Magog has a confused looking Flashman held by the scruff of the neck. Cat Grant is looking serious and yet predatory at the same time. She obviously knows this is a scoop. Even with his face obscured by his battlesuit helm, there is an almost palpable sense of satisfaction radiating from Lex Talionis.

Called it. Andre turned and rejoined his teammates. "Welcome back. What have you been up to, Putty?"
Impeach the peach!

Return to “M&M Game Room”