Injustice Gang IC: Chapter 4- Bad Times

This forum is the place for Mutants & Masterminds Play-By-Post games. Please read the M&M Game Room rules before starting or joining a game. Enjoy!
Horsenhero
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Re: Injustice Gang IC: Chapter 4- Bad Times

Postby Horsenhero » Sun Apr 06, 2014 11:24 am

Atomic Skull III-

Alice unleashes her atomic fury on the last two imps, obliterating them, and a fair portion of the wall across the room.

If they'd managed to enter unnoticed by their enemies before, they certainly had given away their presence now.

Hound
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Hound » Mon Apr 07, 2014 3:14 pm

Boomer

Carson listened to the confession on television. He should have been happy. They over all confession should be more than enough to overshadow any minor assault he had committed. But some how he just didn't feel happy. He felt empty. Something was wrong, and it was more than the pounding in the back of his head.

He looked over at Claudette, heavily focused on Andre and the situation. A new pain filled Carson forcing him to look away. He wanted a drink. He wanted a cigarette. Carson pulled out his E-cig, and glared at it. It wasn't what he wanted. It didn't do the job. I wanted the real thing. Carson clench his fist until the plastic casing broke. The sharp shards cut into his hand. Carson didn't care. He threw the shards into a near by garbage can. Keeping the bleeding wound hidden he shouted over at Claudette, "Seems like there's no more emergency. Mind letting out?" He tried to act and sound normal.

I've decided Carson need a new complication.
"Whats wrong? You came here expecting to fight a madman, and instead found a god!?"
My Characters

Coyotzin
Titan
Titan

Postby Coyotzin » Mon Apr 07, 2014 3:51 pm

The Muscle Claudette "Claw" Blanchard
HP: 3 Cond: Flailing

Claw stared dumbfounded at the monitor.

"...the frak just happened?" She blinked slowly, replaying Flashman's surprising admission of guilt. She had been about to shout at Andre to stop... the "I-said-he-said" game was a lose-lose situation; it shouldn't have worked. Something had happened. Nobody with Flashman's savvy would just plain out admit to his plans just like that, destroying the work of months. Nobody with any common sense, even.

She recorded the interview for later analysis. It was too late to ask Andre to open sensors for ambiance spectrography... but... did Flashman just say he had a device keyed to his brainwaves...?

"Andre! Call dibs on that Thinker tech! I'll be right over in the Gangway! I really don't care about proving Flashman's a sleazy bastard, but something weird just happened, and that device holds the key!"

And then she heard the crack of plastic, and looked over at Carson.

Hound wrote:"Seems like there's no more emergency. Mind letting out?"

"Carson?" She raised an eyebrow, looking how he was hiding his hand even if his tone didn't tell her anything. She narrowed her eyes and then just sighed. "I'd rather not, but I'm not your mom."

"Putty, I'm going to check on Andre's discovery. "She announced over the speakers. "I patched that whole interview thing through the comms so I trust you saw it. I might need you to slip into small spaces. We're taking the Gangway, so stay... put... stay there, I'll be right over."

She turned back at Carson.

"I'm going to be blunt, because you're my friend, and I care about you." She said, getting up and heading for the portal that led to the Hideout. "You need help. Something's eating at you, and it's frakkin' painful seeing you hurt yourself at the least opportunity."

She pointed at the hand he was hiding.

"If you won't talk to me, find someone... ANYONE. I've been seeing a therapist about my anger issues, and I can give you her number. Or talk to Irv or Legs, but don't keep it bottled up, or it will kill you, and if that happens I swear I'll find a way to the afterlife to bring you back and slap you silly."

"Now, I'm going to the site to find that device Flashman mentioned, you're welcome to join the party if you want to gloat at Magog's face and get some face-time with Cat Grant."

And then she went out. Too much happening to think about; luckily she was great at multitasking.

She waited for the Gangway's engines to prime and warm up. She didn't want to leave Carson alone but forcing the issue might just make things worse, so whether he came or not, she launched the ship, using the solid-light array to disguise the Gangway as an Ospray plane, one of the most useful disguises for their purposes.

OOC: Still no Internet at home ;_; But at least I've been actually productive with work-related stuff :3

Plan B
Mastermind
Mastermind

Postby Plan B » Mon Apr 07, 2014 4:26 pm

Atomic Skull

Alice dusted her self off, and headed toward the new hole. "I don't like it here, its icky, and gross."
    Insert witty comment here.

Hound
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Hound » Mon Apr 07, 2014 6:25 pm

Boomer

Carson grabbed a roll of duck tape off a nearby workbench and began wrapping his bleeding hand with it to stop the flow. After she was done talking, he simply responded, "I'll always be there to back you up. Let's go."
"Whats wrong? You came here expecting to fight a madman, and instead found a god!?"
My Characters

Shock
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Shock » Mon Apr 07, 2014 6:46 pm

Putty
HP: 1

Putty was just stuffing the last of his sandwich in his mouth when Claw finally contacted him. He didn't really understand what just happened, aside from Flashman making an ass out of himself. And Magog. And now they were going after some thingy that could read the sneak's brainwaves. Anyway, Claw arrived before he managed to respond so he just followed her into the team's transport. "We picking up Andre?"

roguescribner
Paragon
Paragon

Re: Injustice Gang IC: Chapter 3-New Gods, Old Problems

Postby roguescribner » Tue Apr 08, 2014 6:13 pm

Sarvak
HP: 2
Condition: Fine

Sarvak ran his fingers through his hair. "Well, I guess that was the welcoming party," he quipped. "Coulda been friendlier. Safe bet we're no longer flying under the radar."
GM - Age of Heroes Chapter 2
Sarvak - The Injustice Gang

Shadowbourne
Superhero
Superhero

Postby Shadowbourne » Tue Apr 08, 2014 7:34 pm

Gloom
HP:0 Cnd: Out in the open

The loud nuclear blast shooks the whole building, making Eddie shake his head. "Well...since the doorbell's been rang...Oy! Care for a spot of Tea?" Eddie's normally quiet voice rings out abnormally loud in the monochromatic mansion as he starts to swagger into the center of the foyer. With a sweep of his hand, Eddie seems to pull a chair from the floor and proceeds to take a seat.

Since we are in Shadowlands, I assume everything is monochromatic as you stated...and a black chair would seem to blend into the floor. Giving him the illusion of creating it from the shadowstuff...unless you are ok with that?

Horsenhero
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Horsenhero » Tue Apr 08, 2014 9:57 pm

Gloom, Sarvak & Atomic Skull III-

Eddie pulls himself a chair from the shadowstuff and plops down in it, awaiting a response. In moments the response comes in a dramatic fashion. The entire ceiling above the living room cascades blackness, like some ebon waterfall. In moments the torrent ceasesleaving the figures in the center of the room, facing the foyer where Eddie is seated. One figure is nothing but an inky black silhouette, while the other two look human. both the human figures are dressed in almost Victorian fashion, with long coats with high collars, cravats around their necks, tucked into silken shirts, with formal vests and slacks. Both have aristocratic features with a slightly sinister cast. One however is restrained in a chair, his wrists and ankles secured in manacles of darkness.

Eddie recognizes the bound man. It is his father, Richard Swift, the immortal known as the Shade. The similarly dressed man standing is also known to him. He is Simon Culp, the second man merged within Swift, whose personality was responsible for the Shade's more blatantly criminal activities. Along about the time Eddie broke free of the Shade, Culp's personality was theoretically exorcised from Swift, freeing him from Culp's influence and supposedly destroying Culp.

Apparently Culp's connection to the Shadowlands was strong enough to preserve his existence...at least here.

"We're here shadowspawn, are you certain you should be?" Culp smirks.

Shadowbourne
Superhero
Superhero

Postby Shadowbourne » Wed Apr 09, 2014 1:43 pm

Gloom
HP:0 Cnd: Sly

"I was under the impression that it was Father's Day 'ere in the Shadowlands,"
Eddie glances back at Alice, " Dear?...I thought you said it was Father's Day 'ere?" Turning back to Culp, "Good help...you know, 'ard to find and all..." Eddie leans forward," "Now...If I'm not mistaken...the only uninvited 'ere is you Simon. Last I knew, me Da kicked you out and told you to get off on your own? Just visiting? Or you's challenging the lease?"

Plan B
Mastermind
Mastermind

Postby Plan B » Wed Apr 09, 2014 3:10 pm

Atomic Skull

Alice blinked a couple of times as she looked around.

"Is this a sex thing, because if it is ewww?" She asked loudly

Horsenhero
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Horsenhero » Wed Apr 09, 2014 3:20 pm

Gloom, Sarvak & Atomic Skull III-

"A sex thing?" Culp repeated, sounding aghast. "No my dear, this isn't a sex thing. This is a power thing. Richard and I shared the same body and he doesn't seem to be making good use of it, so I found myself a sympathetic barrister..." He gestured toward the silhouette standing behind Swift. "...and I'm filing an appeal."

Plan B
Mastermind
Mastermind

Postby Plan B » Wed Apr 09, 2014 3:34 pm

Atomic Skull

"Can you explain it again but this time, not, make it sound more like a weird sex thing?" Alice asked sounding sceptical.

Shadowbourne
Superhero
Superhero

Postby Shadowbourne » Fri Apr 11, 2014 5:59 am

Gloom
HP:0 Cnd: Torting

"A Barrister?...Seriously? I's don't think it's such a good idea...Da doesn't shine well to shysters. Them being liars and such," Eddie flippantly quips, "Sides...you were a poor house guest before...getting us all knocked about. How's do you think you'd be any better now?" Eddie keeps the banter up while he slowly tries to exert some pull on the Shadowlands. Testing the waters to see how the power flows about the quad of shadelings in the immediate area.
Wandering how much of a power boost or pull does Eddie feel in the Shadowlands...does the power feel tipped one way or another. Does the Silhouette seem to exert more power? Insight (1d20+6=18)

Plan B
Mastermind
Mastermind

Postby Plan B » Fri Apr 11, 2014 10:05 am

Atomic Skull

"At least un gag the guy so we can have his word, that its not" Alice asked loudly trying to keep momentum, keeping her flames muted.

"Would lighting everything up help?" she asked quitely putting her hand on eddies shoulder.

Return to “M&M Game Room”