Injustice Gang IC: Chapter 4- Bad Times

This forum is the place for Mutants & Masterminds Play-By-Post games. Please read the M&M Game Room rules before starting or joining a game. Enjoy!
Horsenhero
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Re: Injustice Gang IC: Chapter 4- Bad Times

Postby Horsenhero » Tue Apr 01, 2014 1:13 pm

Gloom, Sarvak, & Atomic Skull III-

As they look around the interior of the room where Alice had torn a hole in the wall, suddenly their attentions were drawn to the staircase descending in a spiral pattern from the upper floor. On the featureless black silhouette, barely perceptible were several figures...maybe five...slinking down toward them. These, like everything else here were featureless dark figures seemingly constructed out of solid blackness, only they had the outline of predatory beasts...almost like the living shadows of hyenas.

Roll initiatives!!

Fiendish thingies (Shadow Imps actually) 1d20+2=19.

Plan B
Mastermind
Mastermind

Postby Plan B » Tue Apr 01, 2014 3:17 pm

Initiative 1d20=3
    Insert witty comment here.

roguescribner
Paragon
Paragon

Postby roguescribner » Tue Apr 01, 2014 4:38 pm

OOC wrote:initiative (1d20+7=12)

Does my stealth check affect anything?
GM - Age of Heroes Chapter 2
Sarvak - The Injustice Gang

Horsenhero
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Horsenhero » Tue Apr 01, 2014 7:03 pm

OOC: I guess we'll see when the fiendish thingies attack.

Shadowbourne
Superhero
Superhero

Postby Shadowbourne » Wed Apr 02, 2014 3:39 pm

Gloom
HP:1 Cnd: Blinded by the light

As Alice sauntered into the room, Eddie couldn't help but blink a little...flashy little bird...hopes she draws the moths...and not me...When Eddie looks up and spies the Shadow Imps, he couldn't help but feel a tad bit of kinship. Still...predators and all, Eddie couldn't help but also grin. The grin of an even hungrier predator...and a smarter one.

Horsenhero
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Horsenhero » Wed Apr 02, 2014 10:02 pm

Gloom, Sarvak & Atomic Skull III-

Initiatives-

19 Shadow Imps (x5)
12 Sarvak
09 Gloom
03 Atomic Skull III

Horsenhero
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Horsenhero » Wed Apr 02, 2014 10:12 pm

Gloom, Sarvak & Atomic Skull III-

In absolute silence, the quintet of shadowlands predators leap from the stairwell, over the balustrade to pounce on Alice. Both Eddie and Seren have managed to escape their attention initially, leaving only the avatar of atomic armageddon in their sights.

Attack rolls 1d20+3 (x5)= 5, 23, 17, 17, 16. For any of these that hit, Alice resists a Toughness +2 (DC17) and a trip attack 12. I honestly don't think they can damage Alice at all and only on a nat 1 could she fail to resist the trip.

Anyway...Sarvak is up.

Plan B
Mastermind
Mastermind

Postby Plan B » Thu Apr 03, 2014 2:53 am

Atomic Skull

Alice screamed and flailed around as the batlike creatures attacked, falling mostly due to her own panic than.

roguescribner
Paragon
Paragon

Re: Injustice Gang IC: Chapter 3-New Gods, Old Problems

Postby roguescribner » Sat Apr 05, 2014 10:08 am

Sarvak
HP: 2
Condition: Fine

Sarvak froze as he witnessed shadow men attack his comrade. Alice seemed to be taken by surprise and screamed, but she didn't seem hurt. Still, no time for pleasantries. Sarvak raised his hand to the nearest attacker and let loose his acidic fury.

OOC wrote:Sorry, somehow I missed that the game updated.

Attacking nearest shadow thingy with multi-attack.

Acid Touch (1d20+11=24)

DC 22 toughness, DC 24 if I managed 2 degrees of success.
GM - Age of Heroes Chapter 2
Sarvak - The Injustice Gang

Horsenhero
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Horsenhero » Sat Apr 05, 2014 2:19 pm

Sarvak-

Gobs of acid chemicals spatter against the hyena-like silhouette, and it throws its head back in a silent howl of pain before it melts into formless shadow, reabsorbed by the dark realm.

Toughness Save 1d20+2=13. Minion fails. Minion is incapacitated.

Gloom is up.

Shadowbourne
Superhero
Superhero

Postby Shadowbourne » Sat Apr 05, 2014 2:55 pm

Gloom
HP:1 Cnd: Dark Glee

As the vicious shadow imps swarmed Alice, Edie slid back up the staircase the swarm flew dow. Once he reached a darkened area...at least an area darker than the rest, Eddie slid into it with a savage feral grin.

Shadow Slam[Accurate Teleportation Attack 1, Medium: Shadows w/Change Direction linked to Damage 8 w/ Variable 2, Indirect 4, Improved Critical 2, and Takedown 2]...Shadow Slam DC23 (1d20+8=14). Bah...reroll that: Shadow Slam Reroll DC23 (1d20+8=9)...wow...IC hates me at the moment. That coverts to a 19.

EnigmaticOne
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Re: Injustice Gang IC: Chapter 3-New Gods, Old Problems

Postby EnigmaticOne » Sat Apr 05, 2014 3:29 pm

Lex Talionis
HP: 3

"What I am trying to make clear is that there is a certain hypocrisy coming from the other side. They are asking the world to trust them as the sole and good guardians of the law and the public, denigrating Power Girl, the League and others who have done much for the world in the process."

And now, Andre had a particularly vicious surprise. It had slipped his mind back at the time about the recording systems within the Talionis, but given newfound time to concentrate on the Flashman problem....

"And of course, this is the reason we fired Flashman." He triggered the audio recordings, loud enough for everyone, here and the cameras to pick up.

"I agree, the marketing ploy was a bit...in your face and carried out without prior approval. Anyway, with neither an explicit approval or an explicit rejection, I decided to take advantage of Superman's absence to get you some media face-time."

"From this you may infer that I contracted all three to perform the insidious deeds they did, at the locations they did. Those particular inferences would be correct. Quimby was probably the only one to figure out that I set them up...but the other two have...issues that blind them to anything but their own goals."

"How did I entice them you may ask? Money. Lunatic inventive geniuses always need operating capital. I paid them, they attacked and as I expected, lost. All but Quimby escaped, though I imagine he'll leverage the work he's done for the US government to obtain a rapid release from custody. It's really isn't my concern. I accomplished everything I set out to do, including this meeting."

"Is anyone thirsty? I have some fresh brewed ice tea in the fridge."

He simply said nothing, letting Flashman's voice speak for himself.
Impeach the peach!

Horsenhero
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Horsenhero » Sat Apr 05, 2014 3:41 pm

Gloom-

Eddie hits the various Imps with his teleportation cascade, from which two out of the four remaining creatures escape.

As a takedown attack, the cascade ends with the first minion to make it's save. That would be Imp#3, with a Nat. 20.

Atomic Skull III is up.

Plan B
Mastermind
Mastermind

Postby Plan B » Sat Apr 05, 2014 4:40 pm

Atomic Skull

Alice flailed as she panicked on the floor pausing for moment as she unleashed a torrent of radioactive flame at the creatures, before getting to her feet.

Radioactive fire: damage 9 cone, dc 19 dodge, dc 24 toughness

Horsenhero
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Horsenhero » Sat Apr 05, 2014 5:04 pm

Lex Talionis-

As Lex plays the recording back (with Powergirl's name in place of Superman) everyone turns to look at Flashman. Magog's face turns icy with fury and his bionic eye flashes as it analyzes what kind of physial threat the salesman supreme might present in a fight.

Flashman instead smiles. "Really, you're going to believe that? If I actually thought someone was intelligent enough to infer something from my actions...would I then confirm it? That's a bit like saying I believe you're smart, but I'm going to treat you like an idiot."

Gesturing toward Talionis. "He claims I am behind some sort of criminal activity, but all he can offer is an audio recording generated by his battlesuit. I don't know abut you, but I would think that a person capable of designing and building a technological marvel capable of flight, energy projection and protective qualities would be capable of computer simulated voice mimicry."

Warming to the subject Flashman shakes his head and looks saddened. "I mean, think about it...if he wasn't jealous of the fact that I'm using my political savvy to assist Magog's team and not his, why would he be so anxious to discredit me? Why would his team have assaulted me at my place of business?"

"Why? I think there's only one real explanation why." Flashman hesitates for a moment, his face momentarily going slack, his eyes blank...then he shakes it off. "The reason is it didn't matter to me who I manipulated. I simply want power and Magog or Lex Talionis, one pawn is as good as another honestly."

Cat Grant's eyes light up at Flashman's unexpected confession. "Really? And tell me Mr. Flashman, is there evidence of your wrongdoing?"

"Of course. You see back when I led the Secret Society, I appropriated some advanced technology from the Thinker that allows me to contact certain metahuman criminal elements. while it's keyed to my brainwaves, I'm certain a computer genius like Calculator or Brainiac or the like could download the digital record of my wrongdoing."

Suddenly Flashman seems to come to his senses and slaps his hand over his mouth, his eyes wide with panic.

Magog looks at Lex Talionis and grunts. "You want to look for his stolen technology or should I? Either way he's going to prison. The Thinker will probably sue him for theft of both property and intellectual property anyway.

Cat Grant meanwhile has gone back to live camera, reporting the shocking confession of Funky Flashman to criminal conspiracy.

WTF?? Plot twist or did Flashman's will just...break?

Return to “M&M Game Room”