Mutants & Masterminds
HQ    ABOUT M&M    SUPER-VISION    GIMMICK'S GADGETS    M&M SUPERLINK    ATOMIC THINK TANK    M&M SHOP
Saving the world, one d20 roll at a time

Omniverse: When Worlds Collide (IC)

This forum is the place for Mutants & Masterminds Play-By-Post games. Please read the M&M Game Room rules before starting or joining a game. Enjoy!

Omniverse: When Worlds Collide (IC)

Postby Ryan M. Danks » Tue Oct 30, 2012 11:38 pm

"When he arrived, Kronos indicated that the timeline was somehow wrong, and that his immunity to spatial and time distortions made him the only being of all time who knew about it. In his lunacy, he thought the only way to fix the perceived imbalance of the universe was to destroy our beloved city and its inhabitants, whom were not supposed to exist. He would have succeeded, if not for a brave Vanguard of heroes who took the front lines, and fought to their breaking point, and for some, to their deaths.

In the end, much of Paragon City was devastated. Ironically, only the most crime-ridden parts survived. Much of Galaxy City, Steel Canyon and Atlas were devastated, and Perez Park was completely destroyed when one of Kronos's enormous flagships crashed into the city. To this day, it remains the tallest structure in the city and a reminder of what occurred on that fateful day.

To help the citizens of Paragon City move ahead in their lives, they constructed a new city, and refitted the exterior of the ship to be a shining beacon of honor for those who had fallen - heroes like Statesman and the Defender, who fought with Vanguard to their dying breaths.

Together, they constructed a city to lead humanity into the next Millennium and beyond. Ladies and gentlemen, I give you Millennium City!"

The mayor turns from the podium and looks at the large screen held above him. It showed an arial view of the recently reconstructed city from a live-cam aboard the Sentinel blimp.

Conduit turned the sound on their TV to mute. The mayor continued talking on the LED screen, but no sound came through.

Voth and Maya were standing behind him. Just then, Advent Arcana flew uncontrollably through an interior wall, the victim of an explosion on the other side. He had been trying to activate one of their new base's systems, but the technology was held more mystery than all the forces of magic combined.
Last edited by Ryan M. Danks on Tue Nov 06, 2012 8:56 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Ryan M. Danks
Firebrand
Firebrand

Re: When Worlds Collide (IC)

Postby Zen_Gypsy » Wed Oct 31, 2012 12:00 am

Advent Arcana
Hero Points: One.
Condition: Optimistic.

Re-orienting himself after the initial release of eldritch energies, looking towards his surprised allies, he spoke, his voice echoing oddly through the visor of his eldritch armor.

"Fear not my friends, once the wards are properly aligned, they will be able to harness the ley line energies that course and surge through the caverns beneath us, then channel that mystic energy into the matrix drive of the Vault. With that, we will have power to sustain our operations and the surrounding twelve city blocks for at least sixth months before the harmonic crystals need to realigned."

With that he summoned a small steady stream of arcane energies, and levitated back down to the caverns to proceed with the ritual wards that would contain, and harness the power of the ley lines and the Vault itself.
"If sacred spaces are spared the ravages of war -- make all places sacred. And if the holy people are to be kept harmless from war -- make all peoples holy." -- Norrin Radd (Silver Surfer: Requiem; J. Michael Straczynski)
Zen_Gypsy
Heavyweight
Heavyweight

Postby Hound » Wed Oct 31, 2012 5:52 am

Voth
HP: 1

Voth took a bite out of his apple. With a single bite more than half the apple was devoured, core and all. "I have absolutely no idea what he is talking about." The young man said with a bored tone. He took a second bite and finished the apple. "Please tell me there is something happening somewhere that I can punch, cause I feel completely useless here." Voth swallowed.

This whole place made his scales itch.
"Whats wrong? You came here expecting to fight a madman, and instead found a god!?"
My Characters
Hound
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby EnigmaticOne » Wed Oct 31, 2012 6:26 am

Maya

"Mystic babble is worse than techno-babble." Maya commented, shaking his head as he sat in a chair. Hands behind his back, he shrugged. "Give it a bit Voth. Something will pop up eventually. I do like having some time off after Kronos, to be honest."
Impeach the peach!

EnigmaticOne
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Xolotl

Postby Evolución » Wed Oct 31, 2012 8:44 am

Xolotl was in deep trance, sitting on a stance similar to the lotus, when the blast of arcane energy went off. His white pupil less eyes opened suddenly, and followed Advent's trajectory towards the wall. The armor clad former god decided to stand up, concentration was not to be had among mortals, it would seem. He slowly did so and walked towards the prone crimson clad Mason. "Youc arl impatient Advent Arcana. Tec fabric oc realility ils as complex as tec fabric oc magic art. Treat it tec same way." Advent floated up, and seemed enthusiastic. Xolotl raised an eyebrow, his helmet full of coloured feathers seemed to encompass the motion. "Explain tu me again, what ils tic need mortals have oc electrical energy?"

OOC: Hope speech pattern is clear somehow, if not I'll explain. I'm trying to emulate the hard ending consonant words of aztecs.
Evolución
Paragon
Paragon

Postby Walking Dad » Thu Nov 01, 2012 1:09 pm

Hybrid
Character Sheet - HP: 1

"If you mean by "mortals" earthlings who live for less than a Terran century, I have to agree. There are so much better energy sources... but I was sadly no engineer, so I will have to live with the primitive technology around. Still, I would like to offer my assistance." Hybrid says as he becomes visible, as always his casual insults in his politely voice a strong opposite to his creepy appearance.

Hybrid has at least Technology +5. Not much, but still...
English isn't my native language. Have patience, please.

WD's PbP characters (3e)
Martian Manhunter builds
Walking Dad
Luminary
Luminary

Xolotl

Postby Evolución » Thu Nov 01, 2012 3:10 pm

"No, Ic meant youc as well. Even ij youc live longer, youc still a mortal, and youc cherish youc technology as much as tey do. Why?" Xolotl asks again
Evolución
Paragon
Paragon

Postby Zen_Gypsy » Thu Nov 01, 2012 7:04 pm

Advent Arcana
Hero Points: One.
Condition: Lecturing.

Falling into his old habit as a high school teacher, Mason turned to Xolotl and the others. "Your question, Xolotl, shows little insight considering the length of time you claim to have observed humanity. Have we, as a species, not always turned towards the light to drive back the darkness, our shadows and fears. Primitive man thought fire a gift from the gods, now we worship technology, and electricity fuels that worship allowing man to push his boundaries, to provide safety and security, to connect him with his fellow man." He turned his head and shot a disappointed look at the two members sprawled on the couch, watching the broadcast. "And despite the indifference of Maya and Voth, we have to realize we are currently the guardians of the most valuable technological find in centuries. Kronos' vessel is a nexus of temporal energies, and advanced technologies, with this we may be able to steer humanity away from electricity, fossil fuels, and provide a better world. If only we were willing to investigate it's mysteries instead of watching large screen televisions and spoiling for fights that benefit no one."

With that he floated towards the collapsed interior wall that would allow him to descend to the natural caverns beneath the nexus. "Thank you for your offer of help Hybrid. Perhaps you could monitor the energy output levels as I establish the evocation to integrate the two systems."
"If sacred spaces are spared the ravages of war -- make all places sacred. And if the holy people are to be kept harmless from war -- make all peoples holy." -- Norrin Radd (Silver Surfer: Requiem; J. Michael Straczynski)
Zen_Gypsy
Heavyweight
Heavyweight

Xolotl

Postby Evolución » Thu Nov 01, 2012 7:47 pm

"Ic was sealed away from tis world. Tec most advanced tecnology my followers possessed when Ic was among tem were made oc wood and stone, and propulsed by tec blood of men." rebutes the god.

[quote=Advent Arcane] with this we may be able to steer humanity away from electricity[/quote]
"And yet none oc us knows how to unravel its secrets. If Ic may aid youc, name tec task, and it shall be done." the aztec entity offered.
Evolución
Paragon
Paragon

Postby Hound » Thu Nov 01, 2012 11:35 pm

Voth

"I wouldn't say indifferent. I never completed highschool. Advanced ships from the future was never covered. Not to mention I still have trouble controlling my strength from time to time. Last thing we need is my fat fingers crushing something valuable. That and most my life my parents taught my magic was the work of the devil, so I know less about magic than I do about space ships that travel through time." Voth gave a dry chuckle and shrugged, "Just let me know if you need something heavy moved."
Last edited by Hound on Fri Nov 02, 2012 7:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Whats wrong? You came here expecting to fight a madman, and instead found a god!?"
My Characters
Hound
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Bladewind » Fri Nov 02, 2012 3:39 am

Conduit
HP 1
Condition Normal

Knight was a little bewildered by the exchange. It had been awhile since he had been released from the Garden, and he was apparently adjusting well. The people who had released him did not want to erase his memory or plant the new persona that had been planned for him.

The result was that he had a sense of self and purpose, but had a set of memories that made no sense. The best method he had found to rationalize everything was to treat his fictitious past as a parallel or alien world. It wasn't a perfect solution but it worked... at least until he saw buildings that he "knew" had been destroyed - or worse, people he thought were dead...

For now though, he was enjoying the quiet. When the blast from the other chamber, he instantly goes on full alert and teleports to a more defensible position, the air around his hands rippling through the color spectrum as he readies his access to the world's elements. Despite immediate reassuarences, he remained on alert without saying a word.
Last edited by Bladewind on Sat Nov 03, 2012 5:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bladewind
Overlord
Overlord

Postby Ryan M. Danks » Fri Nov 02, 2012 10:14 am

As if the blast of magical energies awakened something within the dormant ship the heroes now call their headquarters, a loud sound filled the room once, then stopped. Immediately after, a nine foot in diameter planet appeared in the middle of the room, over what Voth thought was the table and had laid a plate of food on. Red text in a language none of the heroes could read floated around the planet.

After a moment, the planet's features, which looked so real it could be touched, disintegrated. Underneath the realistic terrain was a blue topographical grid. Then the text disappeared and the planet zoomed in on itself. There was a red blinking targeting-reticle over what would be the Eastern shore of Madagascar.

There were no holes in the hologram from Voth's food, so it didn't emit from the table, and there were no indications of projection equipment on the ceiling. Perhaps it was wirelessly projected from somewhere else? Is projecting light even possible through a wireless medium without line of sight?
Ryan M. Danks
Firebrand
Firebrand

Postby EnigmaticOne » Fri Nov 02, 2012 10:20 am

Maya

Maya shook his head. "I don't know much more than Voth, to be honest, what would you have us do, exactly?" Then the reticule appeared, and the images of the planet. "Now seriously, be careful. We don't want the ship to fire on Madagascar, do we? How do you shut this thing off?"

Jack of Trades/Technology: 1d20+3=18
Impeach the peach!

EnigmaticOne
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Xolotl

Postby Evolución » Fri Nov 02, 2012 10:24 am

The god moves towards the hologram in awe, not daring to touch it just yet. "Impressive... Do youc tink tec ship ils trying to tell us someting? It ils pointing to a particular place in tec globe."

Technology: 1d20+6: 12
Last edited by Evolución on Fri Nov 02, 2012 10:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
Evolución
Paragon
Paragon

Postby Ryan M. Danks » Fri Nov 02, 2012 10:25 am

Maya lifts his hand and a holographic user-interface appears before him, inches away from his hand. He pulls his hand away, the UI disappears. He puts it back, it reappears.

The interface controls are in a different language, but none of them looked like fire controls, not that he would have much knowledge in that realm anyway.

To press a button, or to not? That is the question. Although, only one answer moves the plot forward. :wink:
Ryan M. Danks
Firebrand
Firebrand

Next

Return to M&M Game Room