Mutants & Masterminds
HQ    ABOUT M&M    SUPER-VISION    GIMMICK'S GADGETS    M&M SUPERLINK    ATOMIC THINK TANK    M&M SHOP
Saving the world, one d20 roll at a time

Knights of Azura - Recruitment(3E)

This forum is the place for Mutants & Masterminds Play-By-Post games. Please read the M&M Game Room rules before starting or joining a game. Enjoy!

Re: Knights of Azura - Recruitment(3E)

Postby bi0philia » Wed Oct 31, 2012 10:45 pm

Possible human concept, I'd like to know a little more in terms of "paragon" abilities, would this be the kind of thing to discuss in pm?
bi0philia
Heavyweight
Heavyweight

Postby EPIC » Wed Oct 31, 2012 10:50 pm

Looks a bit younger than the target character age group (Around 16-19ish)

As for paragon abilities, they are purely physical. If you want an example of what a paragon might be capable of, watch One Piece, Zoro and Sanji in particular. Both normal humans, but inhumanly powerful and capable of some amazing feats by sheer physical capabilities.
EPIC
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby bi0philia » Wed Oct 31, 2012 11:01 pm

Understood, i'll browse the collection for something more appropriate.

Trying to figure out a human paragon warrior/soldier type, maybe a two weapon style. I want to try out a wall of blades kind of thing using the Ultimate defense kind of thing I've seen on some builds( sustained immunity to dodge and parry, with some limits, I think it's from the speed power profiles maybe.)

but yeah, eager young warrior, son of a human community of mercenaries perhaps, served in a battle or two maybe.
bi0philia
Heavyweight
Heavyweight

Postby EPIC » Wed Oct 31, 2012 11:25 pm

Ultimate defense is really kind of over-rated and not highly recommended.

It seems awesome since you're difficult to damage directly, but really, there are many ways around it, and since you have to concentrate on doing it, you're not doing anything really useful.

Just saying.
EPIC
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Gazman » Thu Nov 01, 2012 4:06 pm

Teidon
Wood Feyuri Hunter

Background: The Feyuri boy, Teidon never knew his mother. Still his father Teidok raised that hurt little boy as well as he could. Teidon learned to love the life as his father's apprentice. Teidok was their little town's chief huntsman and he could not have had a better student. Teidon took to the woods like a natural and revealed in the trees, the peace, and the hunt. Though he let few people into it, Teidon had a fair life with Teidok, his wood elemental spirit, Yaekri, and the few other Feyuri villagers he made friends with. Then, demon attacks began to rise. A pack of the fiends killed Teidok, burnt down their village and forest, and destroyed what little solace the boy had.

Description: Teidon is a 17 year old Feyuri. He has the pointed ears of his people and the green eyes of a wood bond. He is small for his age being both short and slight. Despite his lack of muscle mass, Teidon moves strongly and surely. Even though he spends almost all of time out doors, Teidon is very pale skinned, his flesh is the color of yew wood when the bark has just been stripped away. He wears his dark hair short but messy.

Personality: Teidon is a moody youth. He feels that his life has no happiness and claims that his only purpose is to join the Knights of Azura and make the demons pay for the looses they have dealt out. Teidon goes at this goal with the focus he also brings to bear while on the hunt. He doesn't let many people close because he fears that they too will die and he would have to lose somebody else. Teidon would never admit such a thing, but he really misses having friends and family. He's looking for a place to belong, not just a means to an end. His grief is actually greater than his anger, but that doesn't make for as striking an image as Teidon likes to project. He pretends to be an emotionless hunter to cover the very hurt young man underneath. The only healthy relationship he has is his partnership with the elemental wood spirit, Yaekri. Yaekri takes the form of a pine marten, an arboreal predator just like Teidon.

Combat Style: Teidon fights with a massive bow that would be impossible for someone his size to draw without his bond to a wood elemental. Teidon and his elemental Yaekri fight as a pair and will usually focus on one target at a time, the way hunters single a target from the herd. Yaekri will usually distract or nuisance the target up close while Teidon fires away from a distance. Teidon will often use his wood bond to move quickly and unseen to get the best shots. He can aim with his bow well enough to disarm, wound, incapacitate, or kill as he chooses. Should an enemy close in, Teidon can either try to drive it off with his wooden spear or double team it with Yaekri and his hunter's knives.

RP Sample: Teidon put down the haunch of cold venison that was his lunch. He looked down and saw that his constant companion had noticed it too. Yaekri's little weasel nose was twitching and his leafy fur was bristling. Teidon listened closely and understood what he had picked up. Huge, malformed beasts were crashing through the underbrush. Demons were moving through the forest.

Teidon reached up to the sky and out towards the spirit of the tree he was eating in. The upper branches lifted and shifted and parted and soon the young hunter and his personal bond spirit were standing atop the mighty oak with a clear view across the forest. From their vantage point the two travelers could see the path of destruction that marked the demons' trail.

The marten shaped spirit flowed up his Feyuri's leg to his accustomed place on the boy's shoulder. Then, Teidon lept out from their perch atop the tree; trusting the brush and grass of the forest floor to cushion the fall. The hunters landed softly and immediately took off after the demons.

Reaching the creatures proved more difficult once they entered the older and deeper section of the woods. With little underbrush to crash against the signs of their passage became more difficult to pick up on. But Tiedon and Yaekri were expert hunters and the smallest trace of footprints or whiff of demon stink was enough for them. The boy and his spirit stood back from the demon camp, concealed in the shadows of the overhanging trees. As the light shifted in the setting sun, so too did the branches, subtly insuring the pair of hunters could plan their attack in secrecy.

Tiedon drew an arrow to his mighty bow and sighted on the leader of the demon troop. "Ready, Yaekri? This time we hunt them."
Last edited by Gazman on Fri Nov 09, 2012 9:21 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Gazman
Hero
Hero

Postby EPIC » Thu Nov 01, 2012 4:23 pm

With how popular the feyury have been, I bet I could have pitched a feyury only game and votten good results.

In any case, very nice Gaz. He's got a nice feel to him. His combat feels like it could use a little something more, but otherwise he's pretty solid.

I wish we'd get some Blaedier and Wingly submissions though.
EPIC
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Spectrum » Thu Nov 01, 2012 4:25 pm

bi0philia wrote:Image

Possible human concept, I'd like to know a little more in terms of "paragon" abilities, would this be the kind of thing to discuss in pm?

I love this picture. It brings up a whole different vision of Where the Wild Things Are.
Spectrum
Titan
Titan

Postby kenmadragon » Thu Nov 01, 2012 5:18 pm

that's not Where the Wild Things Are...That's Finn from Adventure Time...
kenmadragon
Mastermind
Mastermind

Postby Gazman » Thu Nov 01, 2012 5:30 pm

EPIC wrote:With how popular the feyury have been, I bet I could have pitched a feyury only game and votten good results.

In any case, very nice Gaz. He's got a nice feel to him. His combat feels like it could use a little something more, but otherwise he's pretty solid.

I wish we'd get some Blaedier and Wingly submissions though.

Thanks, EPIC.

I remember people pitching Blaedier and Wingly characters in your Interest thread so maybe they'll show up here. Also: millions of people are lacking power and internet right now. That might be affecting posting.
Gazman
Hero
Hero

Postby EPIC » Thu Nov 01, 2012 7:10 pm

Yeah, I'm aware of that. I'm not in a rush or anything.

I want to get a nice variety of characters amd will probably cut it off once I get enough submitted that I really like. Which is getting close... which is why I was hoping to see some other races. ^^;
EPIC
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby kenmadragon » Thu Nov 01, 2012 7:24 pm

put up a little bit in the RP sample about Nemo's failed experiment with the Stink Cannon. If you want any more for that section, i will be happy to oblige.
kenmadragon
Mastermind
Mastermind

Postby EPIC » Thu Nov 01, 2012 7:46 pm

Nope, looks good, aside from a few minor details. The new order of knights has been around for only about a year, so his "training for the knights" would be fairly short in length. But really...that's about it. I like how you went into a little detail with using sigils to power the gears in the stink gun and mixed in a little science with it at well. It's a good idea of what I had in mind for how Techen worked, so well done.
EPIC
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby kenmadragon » Thu Nov 01, 2012 8:44 pm

Thanks. I'll wait on more information from you about the world and stuff as I fully develop how I want Nemo to think and act.
kenmadragon
Mastermind
Mastermind

Postby Harry Ham Bone » Sat Nov 03, 2012 4:30 am

Spectrum wrote:
bi0philia wrote:Image

I love this picture. It brings up a whole different vision of Where the Wild Things Are.

Yes. And it's called Adventure Time with Finn and Jake.
Harry Ham Bone
Groupie
Groupie

Postby Nineofspades » Sat Nov 03, 2012 1:27 pm

So far we have

Nemo Ambrose Murdoch-Techen-Gunslinger

Skarat Thunderclaw-Bear Lunari-Berserker

Naera&Crinus-Water Feyury-Water Mage

Randuin-Human Paragon-Weapon Specilist

Teidon&Yaekri-Wood Feyury-Archer
Nineofspades