Mutants & Masterminds
HQ    ABOUT M&M    SUPER-VISION    GIMMICK'S GADGETS    M&M SUPERLINK    ATOMIC THINK TANK    M&M SHOP
Saving the world, one d20 roll at a time

DC Adventures (Closed, OoC)

This forum is the place for Mutants & Masterminds Play-By-Post games. Please read the M&M Game Room rules before starting or joining a game. Enjoy!

Moderators: The Mod Squad, The Justice League

Re: DC Adventures (Recruiting)

Postby zeone3000 » Thu Nov 01, 2012 8:54 pm

Oh no, he's good to go if you're talking to me.
]My first fanfic - Log of the Grinning Shadow - Chapter four is now up! Enjoy!
zeone3000
Zealot
Zealot

Postby kenmadragon » Thu Nov 01, 2012 8:59 pm

I feel like my posts are getting lost in the sea of questions and applications, but last page, I put in about two paragraphs describing Phantom's personality, and the other describing how his father died and how he decided to become a hero, as well as introducing the Faust family and other evil mages as potential enemies...and i don't think anyone noticed. Man, these boards move at a rapid pace, and people tend to gloss things over, and I didn't get any feedback...again.
kenmadragon
Mastermind
Mastermind

Postby zeone3000 » Thu Nov 01, 2012 9:02 pm

Send it via PM next time, can't miss it then.

Better, much better in fact.
]My first fanfic - Log of the Grinning Shadow - Chapter four is now up! Enjoy!
zeone3000
Zealot
Zealot

Postby kenmadragon » Thu Nov 01, 2012 9:04 pm

adding it to the app post, and adding a few complications...another Motivation as well as an Enemy...should be interesting to see Phantom when he is done...I'll begin working on polishing the character and rounding out edges.
kenmadragon
Mastermind
Mastermind

Postby Ryan M. Danks » Thu Nov 01, 2012 9:24 pm

Added to Laila's history, adding a personality block.

I'm going to start on a build soon. I expect her to be built as described, but I may have to remove the energy absorption, although it shouldn't be too difficult to keep. If I run out of points, I'll make her a more average kryptonian in power types, which is still a huge workload.
Ryan M. Danks
Firebrand
Firebrand

Postby arcaric » Thu Nov 01, 2012 11:20 pm

Added a bunch of personality traits and a complication to Haste.

I'm going to add a short story of his crime fighting career so far over the weekend.
arcaric
Supporting Cast
Supporting Cast

Postby Ryan M. Danks » Thu Nov 01, 2012 11:40 pm

After thinking about it a bit, two female paragons dressed in black with a yellow lightning bolt on their chest might be too much :P.

I'm going to change Laila up. Not because of the costume, although that did kind of jump out at me, but because I just watched Superman/Batman: Apocalypse and noticed how I can make her backstory better. I'm going to remove the energy absorption bit, making her a full-on kryptonian.

The new backstory (and build) will be up soon.
Ryan M. Danks
Firebrand
Firebrand

Postby EPIC » Thu Nov 01, 2012 11:58 pm

I'm just gonna leave this here.... Still need to tweak the build some based on the back story I came up with and to match her personality, but I need to sleep for tonight. I'll probably do it tomorrow.

Name: Aurellia Coronis
Alias: Eclipse
Height: 5'6"
Weight: 98lbs
Eyes: Moonstone with black sclera(They change color with emotion)
Hair: Pink with white tips
Skin: Caucasian
Power Level: 8
Power Points: [120]
Hero Points: 1
[18]ABI [26]DEF [19]SKI [ 7]ADV [50]POW

[18]Abilities
Strength: 3
Stamina: 1
Agility: 2
Dexterity: 0
Fighting: 1
Intellect: -1
Awareness: 2
Presence: 1

[*]Combat[*]
Initiative: +2
Unarmed: +13 DC18 Tgh (Multiattack)

[26]Defenses
Toughness: + 6( 1+3+2)(+3 w/o Defensive Roll)
Dodge: +10( 2+6+2)
Parry: +10( 1+7+2)
Fortitude: + 8( 1+7)
Will: + 8( 2+6)

[19]Skills(38sp)
Acrobatics 6(+8), Athletics 3(+6), C.C(Unarmed) 12(+13), Deception 4(+5/+7), Perception 5(+8), Stealth 8(+10)

[ 7]Advantages
Agile Feint, Attractive, Defensive Roll 3, Improved Trip, Language(English, Native: Chromian)

[50]Powers
[ 3]'Like a feather on the wind': Str-Based Damage 0, Multiattack 3

[ 8]Chromian Royal Regalia, Removable(-2 point)
-[ 2]Reactive H.L. Field: Protection 2, Sustained
-[ 4]H.L. Bucklers: Enhanced Defenses 4(Parry 2, Dodge 2), Sustained
-[ 1]Portable Light Projector: Feature 1(On Palms, Back of Hands and Soles)
-[ 3]Light Board: Flight 3, Platform

[ 7]Chromian Eyes: Senses 5 (Visual Darkvision, Infravision, Radius, Ultravision), Innate, Noticable and Immunity 2(Visual Sensory Effects), Innate, Noticeable

Light Bending Mastery: Array 26 points w/ 3 Alternate Effects
[26]Warp Light: Concealment 4(All Visual), Area:Burst, Attack, Perception, Precise, Selective, Variable Descriptor(Light effects)
[ 2]Hologram: Illusion 8(Visual), Independent, Insidious
[ 2]Gather Light: Environment 8(Bright Light), Selective, Precise
[ 2]Personal Cloak: Concealement 4(All Visual)

Complications:
Motivation: Thrills, plain and simple. Eclipse doesn't know if she'll ever go home to Dia-1 and is prepared to make the most of this 'vacation'. She finds a strange, thrilling satisfaction in her heroing work. Recovering her lost memories is also a motivation for her, but everyone tells her if it happens, it will happen on it's own, so not to worry over it and just try to make the best of her situation.

Enemy: Abyssa, Eclipse's corrupted twin sister, is out there somewhere. Abyssa has similar, more powerful versions of Eclipse's power, though inverse powers of darkness rather than light. Abyssa is a manipulator and even if directly confronting Eclipse, won't reveil anything, even why they look the similar, just to torment Eclipse.

Amnesia: Eclipse suffers amnesia and can't remember anything of her past. She learned her name from a pendant that is clearly half of a whole and had to relearn her powers from scraps of memory she could recall from instinct for basic light control. When confronted with someone that may cause her to remember something from her past, Eclipse may be inflicted with an intense and possibly incapacitating headache as her mind tries to piece together her shattered memories.

Alien: While her hair can be called off as a dye job, her eyes are clearly alien, and while they can be covered with sunglasses, they mark her nature pretty clearly without them. Her eyes also tend to betray emotion as they shift colors. This is a part of Chromian speech, so not something she can really help since it's as ingrained as her knowledge of the Chromian language.

Powerloss: Since Eclipse's power is to bend light, not project it, it stands to reason she cannot use her powers if there is no light to bend. She needs to be able to see the light to bend it, so something so simple as a blindfold can render her helpless or being sealed in a pitch dark room, though shrouding her in darkness leaves her able to use her regalia's light projector, or use light from outside the darkness if she can see it.

Background:
Aurellia, her twin sister Glimmera and their elder sister Spectra XXV grew up together on the planet Dia-1 in the Prysmis system either their mother the Radiant Empress Spectra Coronis XXIV and their father the Imperial Knight Commander Farrad. Their family was shattered when Glimmera, corrupted by darkness brought on by resent of being held by by her flighty twin sister and doomed to never sit upon the Empress throne, feeling she of all her sisters was the most deserving for her intellect and power.

Spectra XXIV and XXV were slain before Aurellia's eyes by Glimmera and was saved by her father who held Glimmera back just long enough for Aurellia to get to the beaming station, a transportation system that turns it's passenger into light and transmits them to another station. After slaying Farrad and catching Aurellia, Glimmera was enraged and in a fury, threw herself into the massive tramission column of light with Aurellia just as one of the Shadowlands warships destroyed the beaming relay. Without the relay, Aurellia and Glimmera were beamed lightyears into space, finally coming to the end of a long journey on planet Earth.

The twins were seperated and Aurellia awoke in a dazed stupor finding she couldn't remember much of anything. She deduced her name from an heirloom pendant that had it engraved. Injured and in her strange garb, which on her planet was her training garb though here appeared more akin to the costumes worn by superpowered individuals, she quickly drew the attention of a gang looking to gain from rep by taking out a cape, even if it was one they'd never heard of before.

She fought to defend herself, and the resulting light show, though it failed to drive the gangers off, did attract the attention of a local superhero who came to her rescue. Unable to tell the hero anything about herself besides her name (also considering she did not speak a word of English), showing him the jewelled pendant she figured her name from, he had no clues either, but figured if anyone could help her, the Justice League could. They would most likely have someone who could help her.

Over time, Aurellia recovered from her injuries, and while no-one was immediately able to help her with her memories (The Green Lanturns of Earth were able to identify her as a Chromian, but since they occupied a few planets in the Prysmis galaxy, finding someone who knew her, not even factoring in the struggles going on presently between the Chromians and Shadians, would be like finding a needle in a haystack), Aurellia regained a reliable control over a portion of her powers began her own heroic career, inspired by the superheroes who had helped her, giving her a place to live, and inspiring her to a purpose in her new home.

Elsewhere...Glimmera, now going by the name Abyssa, was biding her time. Waiting for her dear twin sister to raise her head so she could finish what she started while establishing her own base of power on Earth.
Personality:
Despite her amnesia and the occasional crippling headaches it brings when she tries to remember anything, Aurellia is actually fairly upbeat and troopers on. She has impulsive fascinations with various Earthling things like ninjas (Which inspired the scarf on her costume), cartoons and some of the clever ways humans use light in beautiful displays.

She's freespirited and adventurous, and while her short term memory is average at best, she is easily distracted and sidetracked making her seem rather flighty though in reality, she is quite sharp and in her hero work, displays creative stregic thinking in her power usage.

Her favorite color is "all of them", she loves bunnies and cats and...well, really, all kinds of animals. She wants a pet, but has been told she needs to prove she can take care of one. She's not sure how to do that, but it working on figuring it out.
Last edited by EPIC on Sun Nov 04, 2012 5:28 pm, edited 4 times in total.
EPIC
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Ryan M. Danks » Fri Nov 02, 2012 2:41 am

I did a complete rewrite of my Supergirl clone, backstory and all.

I may have gone a little overboard, giving her all the Kryptonian powers even though she isn't supposed to have come to full power yet (I think Darkseid would have given her some yellow sun radiation to speed up the process for his new champion and at least make sure she has access to all of the powers, even if they haven't fully matured yet).

With the current power points, she is difficult to build, and impossible to spend points on enhancing flavor (like Expertise: Apokolips). Maybe I can make a case for that 20pp/lvl that you mentioned in the OP? :wink: :wink:

If we stay at 15, I think I'm going to make her more like Superboy from Young Justice (super-speed/leaping and limited use of other powers). I like my Supergirl to fly, but this isn't her and even my picture is grounded. Plus, it would be cool to role-play that first flight. Let me know what you want to do so I can make appropriate changes either way.
Ryan M. Danks
Firebrand
Firebrand

Postby JeminiZero » Fri Nov 02, 2012 4:30 am

Speaking of Kryptonians, I had a thought: If I bought Immunity Environments-Radiation to represent lead-lining the Powersuit, would that also protect from Kryptonian X-ray vision. :mrgreen: (We know that Batman lead-lines his Cowl, but its not explicitly reflected in DCA his stat block.)

zeone3000 wrote:@Jeminizero: It's good, a little crazy and I understand exactly what drives him. I like it. Though, I have to ask, what happens if he does get his revenge and uncover the truth.

Honestly, it depends on many factors: His state of mind at the time. Whether the culprit is repentent. Whether there is any team-mate around to stop him from tearing the culprit's face off... etc
JeminiZero
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby Bladewind » Fri Nov 02, 2012 4:44 am

Ryan M. Danks wrote:After thinking about it a bit, two female paragons dressed in black with a yellow lightning bolt on their chest might be too much :P.

I'm going to change Laila up. Not because of the costume, although that did kind of jump out at me, but because I just watched Superman/Batman: Apocalypse and noticed how I can make her backstory better. I'm going to remove the energy absorption bit, making her a full-on kryptonian.

The new backstory (and build) will be up soon.

Noticed that myself. To be honest, I think your concept is more solid than mine. I think it might increase my chances of getting in if I went another route... or if the GM is iffy on two paragons and I don't come up with an alternate I'd make a push for you over Sekhmet.
Bladewind
Overlord
Overlord

Postby EPIC » Fri Nov 02, 2012 7:15 am

I should note quickly, when I say immunity to visual sensory effects, I don't mean the power category Sensory, I mean powers she needs to see to be affected by them. Visual illusions, visual based perception area or visual sense required powers.

One exception is mental illusions. Visual illusions that are mental in nature can still affect her because it's not seeing them, it's her mind being tricked into seeing them, which is kinda different. I'm sure there are others.
EPIC
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby kenmadragon » Fri Nov 02, 2012 7:21 am

I just noticed Hope Corgi has the Attractive feat. At first I wondered why since there aren't many female dogs that are evil (to my knowledge) in DC.
Then I remember ed... Corgi is soooooo Cute! It doesn't matter what gender the enemy is, everyone will find the little doggy attractive!
kenmadragon
Mastermind
Mastermind

Postby EPIC » Fri Nov 02, 2012 7:34 am

Unless they dislike dogs. I figured it'd be based more on whether the bad guys know Hope Corgi will be about to pwn them.

Walk in there with that little corgi walk, lookin' all cute, take everyone off guard, them BAM! Pwnage! At which point they won't be thinking Hope looks cute no more(Well, they probably still will, but won't fall for the attractiveness.)

And for everyone's enjoyment;
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-XN3abSNncY
EPIC
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby JeminiZero » Fri Nov 02, 2012 7:52 am

Last edited by JeminiZero on Sun Nov 04, 2012 7:56 am, edited 4 times in total.
JeminiZero
Fanatic
Fanatic

PreviousNext

Return to M&M Game Room